Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,427 members, 7,781,246 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:14 AM

Mobitel 4g & Swift 4g: Which Is Better For Cafe? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Mobitel 4g & Swift 4g: Which Is Better For Cafe? (3842 Views)

Spectranet 4g Lte And Swift 4g Lte Browsing Free On Pc With Zero Naira (fastest) / Swiftband Gives You Unlimited Internet With Swift 4G/LTE / Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mobitel 4g & Swift 4g: Which Is Better For Cafe? by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 16, 2011
Mobitel 4G & Swift 4G, Which is Better for Cafe?
Re: Mobitel 4g & Swift 4g: Which Is Better For Cafe? by okan1(m): 7:57am On May 17, 2011
hi lil_kid, i hope you remember me, okan1,the guy that sold router to smoe time ago
it's been a while since i heard from you, have u started ur project?
back to the question @ hand
lil_kid:

Mobitel 4G & Swift 4G, Which is Better for Cafe?
i have used swift for some time i know it's ok but i have not used mobitel 4g but i was given a free day test by one of their sales agent(obinna) and and he will do the same for u just tell me that i(folu) referred him to u and am sure he will do the same for u.
his number is 08037983244
also i would like to add that you need to test the two in the place or area u want to use it before buying so as to know the one that will work for ur place, thanks
my yahoo messenger id is mathwins4u add me so that we can chat once in while on issues like this and i can assure that i have alot of advice to give you because i have been in the bizness for quite a while
Re: Mobitel 4g & Swift 4g: Which Is Better For Cafe? by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 17, 2011
Thanks Bro, Really appreciate, av added u on messenger, can u plz send me ur contact number cuz i misplaced my phone, gat talk 2u urgently
Re: Mobitel 4g & Swift 4g: Which Is Better For Cafe? by neupert(m): 1:41pm On May 18, 2011
pls i would like to know too
Re: Mobitel 4g & Swift 4g: Which Is Better For Cafe? by okan1(m): 1:47pm On May 18, 2011
lil_kid:

Thanks Bro,  Really appreciate,  av added u on messenger,  can u plz send me your contact number cuz i misplaced my phone,   gat talk 2u urgently
my number is 08191462173, 08066701575
and i would also like to add that they are using the same 4G technology which is very fast but the bottom-line is that you have to test it in the area that you plan to use it so as to be sure of good signal
Re: Mobitel 4g & Swift 4g: Which Is Better For Cafe? by cbaba: 5:01pm On May 29, 2011
Swift Wimax (Multi User) Modem + Wireless Router IS BETTER O! I HAVE IT FOR SALE @ 22,000 WITH ONE FREE MONTH. HURRY NOW. 07025445375
Re: Mobitel 4g & Swift 4g: Which Is Better For Cafe? by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 30, 2011
c-baba. are u working with swift or u wanna sale d won u are usein?
Re: Mobitel 4g & Swift 4g: Which Is Better For Cafe? by bigfat01: 12:43pm On May 30, 2011
c-baba your free one is what package
Re: Mobitel 4g & Swift 4g: Which Is Better For Cafe? by cbaba: 4:53pm On May 31, 2011
lil kid i was the guy that sold the router with okan1 to u at oshodi, how are you. no i dont work with them, i have extra for sale.@ bigfat, swift professional, thanks. 07025445375
Re: Mobitel 4g & Swift 4g: Which Is Better For Cafe? by gogetter09(m): 10:46am On Sep 17, 2011
MOBITEL IS A SCAM, I PAID FOR A 1MBPS (1024 KBPS) NITE PLAN, AND I WAS JUST RECIEVING A BANDWIDTH OF BETWEEN 100-150KBPS, WHICH IS VERY POOR AT MY LOCATION IN FESTAC TOWN. AND SECONDLY IT TAKES TIME TO CONNECT , ITS DISCONNECT AND CONNECT ANYHOW. I EVEN WENT TO THEIR OFFICE AND CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE SEVERAL TIMES ALL WENT TO NO AVAIL. EVEN I TRIED BROWSING THE INTERNET AT THEIR OFFICE AT TRADE FAIR, BALOGUN MARKET. WHERE I GUESS THE BASE STATION IS CLOSE. STILL RECIEVING THE SAME BANDWIDTH HAS 100KBPS - 150KBPS. EVEN HAS AT TODAY THAT RAIN IS FALLING THE NETWORK IS JUST CONNECTING AND DISCONNECTING ANYHOW, AND I AM MAKING USE OF THEIR INDOOR HUAWEI MODEM,

NOW I PAID AGAIN FOR THEIR 2MBPS BANDWIDTH ( 2048KBPS) 24 HOURS PLAN, AND GUESS WHAT I AM JUST RECIEVING A BANDWIDTH OF JUST BETWEEN 120 - 250KPBS. IT REALLY SUCKS AND HORRIBLE , TOO POOR FOR FOR ONLINE DOWNLOAD STREAM, SO I WOULD ADVICE YOU REALLY THINK CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU BUY. COS AFTER THESE SUBSCRIPTION I WILL RUN FOR MY LIFE AND SELL MY MODEM AWAY COS IT REALL SUCKS BADLY.

SWIFT IS BETTER, COS I MAKE USE OF IT ANY TIME I GO TO CAFE IN FESTAC TOWN, COS THAT WHAT THERE ARE MAKING USE OF.
Re: Mobitel 4g & Swift 4g: Which Is Better For Cafe? by tunde300us(m): 2:03pm On Sep 18, 2011
Dis gogetter guy keeps going around spoiling oda ppls biz, if u paid for 2mb and u try a download, the max u will get is 256KBPS cos download via internet explorer is in KBPS and not kbps as ur 2mbps=2048kbps .
Please leave mobitel alone
Re: Mobitel 4g & Swift 4g: Which Is Better For Cafe? by gogetter09(m): 9:05pm On Sep 18, 2011
so, mr tunde u re trying to tell me now is that when i pay for 2mbps, i will recieve 256 kbps,,, cos me no understand you oooooooooo, that means when i pay for 1 mbps i will recieve 128kbps,, cos i do not understand you!!! if thats the case while is it not stated there that you will recieve 256kbps downloads when downloading cos me no understand you. i have used swift 3g today at a friend's place which he paid for a bandwidth of 512kbps burstable up to 2mbps and i downloaded at a speed of about 352kbps using IDM,, SO WHAT WILL YOU SAY ABOUT THAT.
Re: Mobitel 4g & Swift 4g: Which Is Better For Cafe? by routik(m): 12:30am On Sep 19, 2011
If you're within their 3G coverage. this is what i get @ home, you can try their 3G router.

Re: Mobitel 4g & Swift 4g: Which Is Better For Cafe? by tunde300us(m): 3:47pm On Sep 19, 2011
Hi gogetter , i think the problem here is lack of some basic internet information which i dont know if they told u at their office when you paid for it.

2mbps = 2048kbps and also sir

2mbps =(+-) 256KBPS cos even ur IDM is not a fail prove meter.

The reason for the above is dis sir ,

1KBPS = 8kbps (bits and bytes)

256KBPS = (256*coolkbps =2048kbps = 2mbps if you look closely sir u will notice that i didnt say 2048KBPS cos they are not the same unit.

If you go to ur friends cafe and you get 356KBPS ,i am sure in all the 100% download time you never recorded 348KBPS, those are probably spikes when you start your downloads.
Re: Mobitel 4g & Swift 4g: Which Is Better For Cafe? by gogetter09(m): 4:07pm On Sep 19, 2011
OK, SIR I HAVE AGREE MR TUNDE, WHAT ABOUT THE SUDDEN DISCONNECTION OF INTERNET WHEN YOU ARE BROWSING AND THE TURNING OFF OF YOUR MODEM BEFORE IT CONNECTS BACK, SOMETIMES IT OCCUR FOR LIKE TEN TIMES OR MORE EVERY DAY, NO PASSING DAY THAT I DO NOT TURN AND OFF MY MODEM BECOS OF NETWORK SIGNAL RECEPTION. SOME TIMES I WOULD HAVE TO SWITCH IT OFF FOR MINUTES FOR IT TO RECONNECT BACK, SO WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO ABOUT THAT?
Re: Mobitel 4g & Swift 4g: Which Is Better For Cafe? by tunde300us(m): 4:32pm On Sep 19, 2011
Then i think in that case u need to go to dem office and complain,am sure they have field officers who can help and determine your issue. Dont forget that i dont work for mobitel.
Re: Mobitel 4g & Swift 4g: Which Is Better For Cafe? by gogetter09(m): 6:07pm On Sep 19, 2011
thanks at mr tunde
Re: Mobitel 4g & Swift 4g: Which Is Better For Cafe? by tunde300us(m): 9:46pm On Sep 19, 2011
Ure welcome sir
Re: Mobitel 4g & Swift 4g: Which Is Better For Cafe? by prinsnas: 4:04pm On Sep 23, 2011
MOBITEL IS A SCAM, THERE SERVICE IS THE WORST INTERNET CONNECTION I'VE EVER HAD,I EXPECTED IT TO BE FAIR DURING MIDNIGHT,BUT TO MY SURPRISE,ITS WORSE THAN DAY,IT JUST DISCONNECTS ANYHOW,AND THEY CALL THEM SELF A 4G NETWORK,I THINK MY ZAIN IS EVEN FASTER WHEN AM USING MY PHONE TO CONNECT MY SYSTEM
Re: Mobitel 4g & Swift 4g: Which Is Better For Cafe? by tunde300us(m): 4:12pm On Sep 23, 2011
@prisnas, have u made ur complaint to them about ur predicament and can u confirm that you have quality coverage around your area.If you have done all this things and they are positive,please what do u get when u try a download with it?
Re: Mobitel 4g & Swift 4g: Which Is Better For Cafe? by Debroslink: 4:15pm On Sep 23, 2011
prinsnas:

MOBITEL IS A SCAM, THERE SERVICE IS THE WORST INTERNET CONNECTION I'VE EVER HAD,I EXPECTED IT TO BE FAIR DURING MIDNIGHT,BUT TO MY SURPRISE,ITS WORSE THAN DAY,IT JUST DISCONNECTS ANYHOW,AND THEY CALL THEM SELF  A 4G NETWORK,I THINK MY ZAIN IS EVEN FASTER WHEN AM USING MY PHONE TO CONNECT MY SYSTEM

AND I THOT MTN 3.5g IS RUBBISH. I NEVA KW SOME SO-CALLED 4g NTWK SUCKS. EVEN DURING DAY TIME I DWLOAD @ D SPEED OF 700KBPS, WHICH EQUALS 5.6mbps. joooooor oooooh
Re: Mobitel 4g & Swift 4g: Which Is Better For Cafe? by bigfat05: 9:13pm On Sep 26, 2011
i am using mobitel 4g for my cafe so you are not just lucky
Re: Mobitel 4g & Swift 4g: Which Is Better For Cafe? by bigfat01: 6:34pm On Feb 01, 2012
mobitel 4g is slow today but it is still the preferred network 10k per month unlimited , i abandon swift 4g months ago, i downloaded 25gb data last week .hhhhhmmm
Re: Mobitel 4g & Swift 4g: Which Is Better For Cafe? by bigfat01: 1:36pm On Apr 18, 2012
my mobitel 4g 10gb just got exhausted today i subscribed 5 days ago for the plan 10gb ,it used to be unlimited ,i use it for my cafe but luck ran out on me .i had to fall back to starcomms 100hrs for 6500 for now at least .i think mobitel4g is dealing with their customers ,unlimited plan is now 30k ... lol ...thank God i neva sell my starcomms.NO BE SMALL THIN OH.... bigfat .what other isp do you recommend out here
Re: Mobitel 4g & Swift 4g: Which Is Better For Cafe? by amakaboy: 10:06am On May 13, 2012
TESTING :- SWIFT HOME UNLIMITED ON MULTI USER WIFI MODEM.

TEST CONDUCTED ON THESE DEVICES EVERYDAY. THIS DEVICES ARE MINE.
I DONOT CONNECT THEM AT ONCE .

WINDOWS PC VISTA
WINDAWS WIN 7 ULTIMATE.
MAC AIR.
IPHONE 4S

MY LOCAION :- NEAR OBALANDE/ IKOYI BASE STATION (500 METERS FROM BASE TOWER).
ALL FIVE BARS ON WIFI MODEM ALWAYS ON . BEST LOCATION.

MY BROWSER : ALL LATEST UPDATED BROWSERS.
MY DOWNLOADER: INTERNET DOWNLOAD MANAGER ( THE BEST IN THE INDUSTRY)

##### THE ABOVE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED SO THAT SWIFT ENGINEERS CAN TELL US THE
TRUTH AND NOT BEAT AROUD THE BUSH################

DATE 11/05/2012 :- SWIFT BROADBAND IS FAILING MISERABLY
1. I CANNOT DOWNLOAD FROM THE NET SPEED IS NOT STABLE.
2. I CANNOT WATCH YOU TUBE.
3. WEB PAGES OPEN SLOWLY.
4. SKYPE IS NOT CLEAR.

DATE 12/05/2012:- SWIFT BROADBAND IS FAILING MISERABLY TODAY ALSO IMAGES ATTACHED.

ALL CONNECTIONS ARE SUPER SLOW.
REASON IS SWIFT IS NOT WHAT IT CLAIMS IT GOES FAST COMES SLOW SO
ON AN AVERAGE ITS NOT A 4G NOW ITS JUST LIKE CDMA STARCOMMS , WHO IS
BETTER BCAS THEY ADVERTISE AND DELIVER. UNLIKE SWIFT WHO KEEPS ON
ADVERTISING ON THE RED CABS ETC INFACT PLEASE SWIFT ENGINEERS DO NOT EVEN
TRY TO DEFEND SWIFT SPEEDS . I WILL INVITE YOU TO MY LOCATION LETS DO THE
TEST VERIFY THE RESULTS DOCUMENT IT AND PUT IT ON PRINT MEDIA.
THE TRUTH IS YOU CANT FOOL FOR LONG.
ENGINEERS CANT BE BLAMED ITS THE MANAGMENT WHO OVER SUBSCRIBES WITH OUT
EXPANDING BASE STATIONS AND BACK BONE. ITS THE CLASSIC CASE OF A OVER LOADED OKADA
WHICH CANT PERFORM BECAUSE ITS OVERLOADED.
Re: Mobitel 4g & Swift 4g: Which Is Better For Cafe? by Sun001: 2:50pm On May 16, 2012
Are you looking for the best internet browsing ever tested in our country nigeria?, then go for swift the only true 4g modem,
are you tried of paying 30k monthly on the swift network?
contact me on olaniyidavid2011@yahoo.com

i configure 3month unlimited browsing on swift for 20k,

downloading speed up to 300kb/s (average)

too good for cafe setup.

all enquires should be forwarded to my email. thanks.
Re: Mobitel 4g & Swift 4g: Which Is Better For Cafe? by bigfat01: 5:22pm On Jul 09, 2012
[size=20pt]does anyone know where i can get mobitel 4g unlimited plan for 10k please me ..it is urgent...[/size]
Re: Mobitel 4g & Swift 4g: Which Is Better For Cafe? by bigfat01: 8:13pm On Jul 15, 2012
@Sun001: i want to pay for one month subscription to test run it on my swift 4g modem

(1) (Reply)

Best ISP Services / Free Web2sms Sites / Sold! Used Latitude E6430 Core i7, 500gb and 4gb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.