Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,169 members, 7,807,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture (17986 Views)

I Quit My Lagos Hotel Manager Job, Relocated To Abuja For Green Pasture -Emenalo / Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures / Why It Is Foolish To Travel Abroad In Search Of Greener Pastures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by Supreme01: 12:48pm On Aug 05, 2021
Good morning Friends

Straight to my story...
I started work few years after my secondery school in a hotel, owned by a politician. I worked as an ICT personal, systems maintenance.
Few years after, we were told the facility will be renovated, we should take a bow till the complication. Meanwhile we've being owe 6months salary but managed to pay 3months which I use to settle debts.
I decided to look elsewhere, this time to use my skill..little did I know it is the beginning of intense struggle.
...Life could be very frustrating without help yet vast responsibilities.

Till date, 4years down the lane, our 3months salary is yet be paid. (mind N128,000.00).

Fastforward...

I have decided to relocate to another state preferably Lagos or Abuja. But I don't have any one to stay with. I'm advancing in age.
A 32years old man managing with the senior sister in one room, No work.. feeding under the Sister's mercy, is not easy oo.

I have acquired some skills I think might be very useful any place, some just need to be sharpened:
1. I can fix computer (although not board)
2. Internet connection, run internet cables, recream cables, (both type A&B).
3. Install CCTV Cameras with internet accessible.
4. Solar installation. Needs to be sharpened.
5. I play instruments, perfectly drum. I could be useful to a church that will want to assist me, till am able to stand firm.

Please I need your kind advise, connection etc.
How do people survived in a place were there's no relatives??

Mode please help see it to front page please.

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by DropsMic(m): 1:10pm On Aug 05, 2021
The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential these are the keys that will unlock the door to prosperity... You are on the right part bro. Continue striving

✌️

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by punisha: 1:10pm On Aug 05, 2021
Supreme01:

They started surviving the moment they stopped hoping on relatives...

You came alone, u will be buried alone...stop looking for where there r relatives to depend on before u hustle.

Relocating to states where I don't know a soul gives me joy now. It is a Morale booster (no one knows me so I owe no one no explanations but to work hard and never give up regardless of how bad things look) and I always prevail. I move around now for the fun of it.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 05, 2021
G
Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 05, 2021
grin
Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by prezee1: 1:10pm On Aug 05, 2021
God see you through

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by lanrock(m): 1:10pm On Aug 05, 2021
Nawa o

1 Like

Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by Pulsenaija: 1:11pm On Aug 05, 2021
Ok
Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 05, 2021
What skills do you have in ICT
What languages can you speak

I am not rich and I have no paid jobs as well

I do help people solve ICT issues as a freelancer.

For instance you could learn a whole lot on YouTube and then help people solve their everyday problems remotely.

Meanwhile I can help you clone ur spouse's WhatsApp for a small change. I can also teach you how to run if you wish.

Just drop a DM

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 05, 2021
cool. Stay with her and be giving her Half of your Salary before you get a real better paying job. You go Abuja or Lagos in search of a job is very dangerous undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by punisha: 1:12pm On Aug 05, 2021
Supreme01:

They started surviving the moment they stopped hoping on relatives...
You came alone, u will be buried alone...stop looking for where there r relatives to depend on before u hustle.

Relocating to states where I don't know a soul gives me joy now. It is a Morale booster and I always prevail.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by Chieffoo007: 1:12pm On Aug 05, 2021
God is in control

2 Likes

Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by timocruzcmbb(m): 1:13pm On Aug 05, 2021
You just need someone in that strange land you can go and visit for like 1 week,though people take the risk of coming without having any one in Lagos,if you are willing to face what ever challenges,like sleep under the bridge,in front of lock up shop,church,or market.till you meet someone that can accommodate you,but if you have some cash you can rent house in some under develop area that’s not expensive,and work in the busy cuties.you will survive,just a huge challenges.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by TalkTalkTwins(m): 1:13pm On Aug 05, 2021
smiley
Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by AleAirHub(m): 1:13pm On Aug 05, 2021
FrontPage bookers cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by Mustiboy(m): 1:13pm On Aug 05, 2021
A 32-year-old man still struggling, not because he's lazy or a junky, but because his country's leadership has failed him.

It shall never be well with our leaders, both past and present.

Someone with the plethora of skills you highlighted above should be raking in enough profit in saner climes.

I have no advice for you, but I do wish you well.

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by success1smyn(m): 1:14pm On Aug 05, 2021
Ok
Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by greencard: 1:15pm On Aug 05, 2021
Make Una help my brother o

3 Likes

Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by tempex88(m): 1:15pm On Aug 05, 2021
register as a driver on uber and bolt....you will even make more than 40k monthly but the job is stressfull.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by pretydiva(f): 1:18pm On Aug 05, 2021
Op may God see you through. Pray hard before you embark on any journey

2 Likes

Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by Bustincole(m): 1:18pm On Aug 05, 2021
Go and learn graphics
Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by Sholato242(m): 1:19pm On Aug 05, 2021
Come to Mgbuka Obosi and learn some business and start yours with six months

2 Likes

Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by Godisfaithful: 1:23pm On Aug 05, 2021
The journey of survival is very challenging but with God and hard work everything is going to work well. You are on the right path bro and the will to succeed is already in your gene and it is going to happen. just stay true to your course and never give up in your trying. May Almighty God see you through in this journey of life. Wishing you all the best of life...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by Pweetiedude(m): 1:23pm On Aug 05, 2021
With the skills of yours stated above, you'd be earning good in saner clime but what can a third world country like ours offers its citizens, if not suffering and poverty.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by money121(m): 1:23pm On Aug 05, 2021
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should "Menstrual Leave" Be Adopted In Nigeria? / Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? / Civil Servant Fights For Job After Exposing Racketeering In Works Ministry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.