Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,663 members, 7,801,917 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Nigeria's Most Expensive Graduation Ceremony - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigeria's Most Expensive Graduation Ceremony (3291 Views)

Photos: Convocation Ceremony Of Two Nairalanders At 'better By Far' University / Wizkid Beefs Davido Over Babcock Graduation? (see Details And Photo) / 6 Types Of Students You Will meet In A University Matriculation Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Most Expensive Graduation Ceremony by hola2ng(m): 1:08am On Feb 11, 2006

Re: Nigeria's Most Expensive Graduation Ceremony by Eastcoast(f): 1:12am On Feb 11, 2006
Whatttttt? community college?? r u sure. i doubt your source o. if they have all that money why didn't she go to an ivy league school like harvard, yale, princeton. community college shocked i;m shocked. better still she should have gone to normal university.
Re: Nigeria's Most Expensive Graduation Ceremony by hotangel2(f): 1:19am On Feb 11, 2006
Eastcoast, hahahaha.. i was gonna say the same.

What the fxck was she doing in a community college?? You know in Nigeria, once you are schooling in America.. it's all good. But daing... What did she use all that money for? Just graduation party?? What was her major?
Re: Nigeria's Most Expensive Graduation Ceremony by mochafella(m): 1:45am On Feb 11, 2006
I believe some of the information is inaccurate. I just "googled" Whittier Community College and only came up with Whittier College. I suspect they are one and the same. It's apparently a private Liberal-Arts College in Whittier, one of LA's surburbs. It has about 1300 undergrad students. Class sizes run @ about 17 per class in a discussion setting. Tuition & fees for International students runs at about $36,000+ per year and does not include personal expenses.

"The annual cost for the 2005-2006 academic year for tuition is $ 25,838; fees, $1,400; room and board, $8,252; and books $350 (cost of books can vary). These costs do not include transportation and personal expenses."

More info here:
http://www.whittier.edu/
http://www.whittier.edu/admission/international_general_info.htm

Somehow I doubt he spent $3million on his daughter's graduation. But then it is Nigeria so you never know undecided. There is no info on about her on the alumni page so her major remains a mystery. I guess we'll find out eventually, but's its an Arts College. It is also possible Whittier Community College exists and the above info is wrong but I seriously doubt that.
Re: Nigeria's Most Expensive Graduation Ceremony by hola2ng(m): 2:52am On Feb 11, 2006
Re: Nigeria's Most Expensive Graduation Ceremony by dejiolowe: 1:32pm On Feb 11, 2006
I hope whatever they taught her there sticks
Re: Nigeria's Most Expensive Graduation Ceremony by omogenikky(f): 3:39am On Feb 17, 2006
eastcoast
Whatttttt? community college?? r u sure. i doubt your source o. if they have all that money why didn't she go to an ivy league school like harvard, yale, princeton. community college i;m shocked. better still she should have gone to normal university.

maybe she is an OLODO,
Re: Nigeria's Most Expensive Graduation Ceremony by zebudaya(m): 11:05pm On Nov 16, 2006
all of una just dey hate, I wish i met her she would be good to know, oil contracts, road contracts, etc
Re: Nigeria's Most Expensive Graduation Ceremony by kellorah: 12:39pm On Nov 17, 2006
she'd better be worth it!
400mill maka Y? ppl ehh, y not spend half on her grad and give half to charity? all men shall be judged!
Re: Nigeria's Most Expensive Graduation Ceremony by kellorah: 12:40pm On Nov 17, 2006
even if she's the nxt bill gates!
Re: Nigeria's Most Expensive Graduation Ceremony by Ynot(m): 7:12am On Nov 19, 2006
Never doubt the spending capabilities of our politicians.

(1) (Reply)

Aau Ekpoma Postume Form Is Out / BUK Releases Aptitude Test Results / Criminology And Security Studies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.