Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,315 members, 7,780,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:32 PM

How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine (27793 Views)

Vacancy For Goods Loaders And Water Carriers (males Only) 40k In Osapa-london / Married People With Children Earning Below 30k, How Do You Survive? / I Made 40k In A Week. It's Easy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by ebijimi7(m): 10:25pm On Aug 07, 2021
Good day guys
I'm a single guy but I have a family to carter for, and that's my mum and sister.
The problem is I earn 80k in lagos and I don't know its just not enough for me
And I'm not paying a rent I live in family house.
Can someone please tell me how to manage my resources because very soon I would want to stand alone and start my own family.
Thanks.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by cRobo: 11:24pm On Aug 07, 2021
Na juju

7 Likes

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Nobody: 2:24am On Aug 08, 2021
ebijimi7:
Good day guys
I'm a single guy but I have a family to carter for, and that's my mum and sister.
Can someone please tell me how to manage my resources because very soon I would want to stand alone and start my own family.
Thanks.
But you are already turning 4k to millions, how come are you still complaining of 80k

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by AgentGoat: 7:26am On Aug 08, 2021
RenerdsMedia:

But you are already turning 4k to millions, how come are you still complaining of 80k

where?

3 Likes

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Greatness87(f): 7:40am On Aug 08, 2021
There are some questions I need to ask before I can tell you how to manage your resources and save
1) How much do spend on transportation monthly
2) How much do you spend on feeding and other expenses monthly

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by HUSTLER001: 7:57am On Aug 08, 2021
If you earn less than 100k and you reside in Lagos and single,better start preparing for life in the village because reality is beginning to set in and I need not say much about that and yes,to your question,check well those people earning less than 40k and living in Lagos are spirits. grin

83 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by ebijimi7(m): 8:08am On Aug 08, 2021
Greatness87:
There are some questions I need to ask before I can tell you how to manage your resources and save
1) How much do spend on transportation monthly
2) How much do you spend on feeding and other expenses monthly
My dear I don't spend in transport my place if work is a Stone throw from my house and I do buy food stuff monthly and put in the house but the economy this days is just something else

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by ebijimi7(m): 8:09am On Aug 08, 2021
HUSTLER001:
If you earn less than 100k and you reside in Lagos and single,better start preparing for life in the village because reality is beginning to set in and I need not say much about that and yes,to your question,check well those people earning less than 40k and living in Lagos are spirits. grin
lol
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by EmmaJnr1: 8:33am On Aug 08, 2021
ebijimi7:
My dear I don't spend in transport my place if work is a Stone throw from my house and I do buy food stuff monthly and put in the house but the economy this days is just something else
you spend money on girls , stop doing that if true.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Greatness87(f): 9:00am On Aug 08, 2021
With your 80k salary, you can spend the money as follows
20k for foodstuffs
10k for your personal expenses
10k for your mum's upkeep
That is 40k. Then you save 40k monthly

80 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 08, 2021
Greatness87:
20k for foodstuffs

Do you live in Lagos?

I bet, no.

All these calculations no dey work for Lagos nah.

You'll be earning 200k and spending with all sense of prudency yet you won't have 20k in savings at the end of the month.

The thing be like JuJu. grin

People go dey work for island dey collect 250k yet dem go still dey live for Pako Estate.

You know how many people dey live for General Paint, Kuramo , Jakande and Maroko endless shanties?

Half of the islanders live in these holes and earn way more than 100k.

Even to buy one polo na problem.

Who born you make you fit chop belleful for Lagos? Can you afford it?
1k dey go down for one sitting.

Imagine say you chop three times. cheesy

232 Likes 15 Shares

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 08, 2021
HUSTLER001:

Not just ghosts, dem be thief. They're pilfering from one purse or the other or living off someone somewhere.

You can't earn less than 100k and be visible in Lagos.

Expenses go hide you.

126 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Skyfornia(m): 9:44am On Aug 08, 2021
ebijimi7:
Good day guys
Thanks.

You are a bad spender...two things that gulp money in Lagos are transportation fare and rent...if you are not paying rent then half of your problems is solved. With 80k salary as a single guy, who is not paying rent in Lagos, you supposed save atleast 40k every month.

93 Likes

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:16am On Aug 08, 2021
Uou want to start a family with 80k lol. You never Ching Chung Chu.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Greatness87(f): 10:21am On Aug 08, 2021
I live in Lagos . The OP doesn't spend money on tfare so he can save 40k monthly.
If you are determined and don't spend anyhow, you can save with 80k salary

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by seanwilliam(m): 10:32am On Aug 08, 2021
Greatness87:
20k for foodstuffs
20k on food stuff?
10k personal expenses? grin

Lol. See as she talk am as if na so e easy to save ..

Ohh.. I don forget say you be woman , so e go Dey easy for you to save 40k out of 80k

@op, your best bet na to get side husle and increase your income. Living in your family house indirectly go cost you more self..

U won’t say because you want to save then you will reduce your normal standard of living.
No Dey whine yourself.

And finally don’t save in naira.

Btw, I’m buying all types of giftcards and funds ( PayPal , skrill )

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 08, 2021
AgentGoat:

where?

Your signature of course

1 Like

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by AgentGoat: 11:02am On Aug 08, 2021
RenerdsMedia:

Your signature of course

wetin you smoke?
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by fuckpro: 11:23am On Aug 08, 2021
HUSTLER001:

So those security guards and drivers are spirits

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by dangoteinlaw: 11:28am On Aug 08, 2021
My bank sent me my monthly transaction statements what i saw there even me was shocked. I was making 5k to 10k withdrawals every 2-3days now that times 30days. In this lagos nah god dey survive person. All that motivational talks of living within a budget is for those village champions.

71 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by AuroraB(f): 11:32am On Aug 08, 2021
dangoteinlaw:
My bank sent me my monthly transaction statements what i saw there even me was shocked. I was making 5k to 10k withdrawals every 2-3days now that times 30days. In this lagos nah god dey survive person. All that motivational talks of living within a budget is for those village champions.
Don't mind them undecided

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 08, 2021
AgentGoat:

wetin you smoke?
The signature had been deleted, he was advertising a site that turns your 4k to millions.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by HUSTLER001: 11:58am On Aug 08, 2021
fuckpro:

So those security guards and drivers are spirits
yes indeed. grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by HUSTLER001: 12:00pm On Aug 08, 2021
blizard44:

Do you live in Lagos?

I bet, no.

All these calculations no dey work for Lagos.
Hi
You'll be earning 200k and spending with all sense of prudency yet you won't have 20k in savings at the end of the month.

The thing be like JuJu. grin
Didn't you see she's a woman. See how it's sweet in her mouth. lipsrsealed

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Kondomatic(m): 1:36pm On Aug 08, 2021
They're not living fine, they're surviving

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by tuna85: 1:43pm On Aug 08, 2021
80k may not be enough since you are not the only one who is dependent on that money.

You can try your best to save 40k monthly and spend the rest for yourself, Mum and sister, don't forget, transport is inclusive .
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by LONIC: 2:06pm On Aug 08, 2021
ebijimi7:
Good day guys
Thanks.

Bro, if you have an opening at your place please, I will be interested.
I am a BSc holder with computer literacy.
I presently work as an assistant supervisor for an outsourcing company here in Lagos.
I prepare bills, vouchers and invoices.
Vast with the use of Excel
I also manage the casual staff pool, oversee their operations, try to maintain a motivated team of employers for optimum productivity even as I ensure their conformity to safety standards.
In all, I am a good communicator with quality emotional intelligence.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by kevoh(m): 2:14pm On Aug 08, 2021
Greatness87:
20k for foodstuffs
Kikiki, 20k for foodstuffs grin grin grin Is that weekly or every two weeks or monthly? Chei, Nigerians, we are really struggling in this country!

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Bynz: 2:26pm On Aug 08, 2021
It all balls down to having multiple stream of income... Do business!

4 Likes

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Badb0y4lyf(m): 2:27pm On Aug 08, 2021
When I spent 100k last week with out even buying food stuff that when I know say Nigeria hard.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by lordally(m): 3:29pm On Aug 08, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Uou want to start a family with 80k lol. You never Ching Chung Chu.

I don laugh die ooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by MrOkenwa(m): 3:37pm On Aug 08, 2021
They’re not living fine.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

First City Monument Bank Plc Is Recruiting! / What I Learnt From My Two Months Of Job Hunting / Is This Real Or Scam Or GNLD?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.