Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

Skima Want To Quit Web Development Help Please - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Skima Want To Quit Web Development Help Please (1372 Views)

Website Forum Development. Help! Me Out!! / I Want To Quit Blogging / Web & Software Development Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Skima Want To Quit Web Development Help Please by smartsoft(m): 7:47pm On Jul 18, 2007
Hello my friends into Web Development a friend of ours here no longer have passion for web stuff he said he wanna quit been a developer. his screen name is "skima" i don't want him to quit because his very good at what he does when he come to development real core ones. but he said he wants to go back at what he does before " Artist/Writer Journalist" can you guys help me convince him ? though i can't force him his the one to determine what he wants i belive in all this things Environment matters alot cos it could bring someone down.

Let me Drop our conversation here, ic ouldn't paste everything sha

[b]skimA4REAL2: i wanna focus more on my interest
smartsoft : what is ur intrest ?
skimA4REAL2: not interested any more
smartsoft: same here but i can't my talent lies in music,
skimA4REAL2: aint get no joy in the stuff no more
smartsoft: it's ur environment
smartsoft : man
skimA4REAL2: am an artist/writer journalist
skimA4REAL2: and public communicator
skimA4REAL2: that i think is where my heart is
smartsoft : hummm
skimA4REAL2: this year
skimA4REAL2: ill quit fulltime web dev
smartsoft : don't guy
skimA4REAL2: i dont feel accomplished
smartsoft the market is big
skimA4REAL2: yea
skimA4REAL2: i know
skimA4REAL2: but ill get guys to get the biz goin sha
skimA4REAL2: and focus my energy on my interest
skimA4REAL2: ill get the job and outsource
smartsoft : don't see ur self as one of those who ain't getting anything out of it, me many times i wanna quit but i can't

smartsoft: I work with Syscomptech Comm Limited, As Asistant Web Developer Also Have my own Company sha
smartsoft: so i redesign there site
skimA4REAL2: k
skimA4REAL2: so how much dem they pay u now
skimA4REAL2: ?
smartsoft humm
smartsoft: why u asking
skimA4REAL2: say or 4get
skimA4REAL2: not compulsory
smartsoft: 4get jo
skimA4REAL2: k
skimA4REAL2: hope ur ok sha
skimA4REAL2: i wanna quit being a web developer
smartsoft: why
smartsoft ?
smartsoft : i wanna focus more on my interest
smartsoft : what is ur intrest ?
skimA4REAL2: not interested any more
smartsoft: same here but i can't my talent lies in music,
skimA4REAL2: aint get no joy in the stuff no more
smartsoft: it's ur environment
smartsoft: man
skimA4REAL2: but maintaining my biz name
skimA4REAL2: i hav 30 seconds
skimA4REAL2: lkeft
skimA4REAL2: we will talk l8r
skimA4REAL2: ill see if i can logon on my fojne
skimA4REAL2: then ill chat wi u
smartsoft it depends on your environment. discovring talent is good, i myself play keyboard and sing i hv featured in many concert but still same i still do both[/b]
Re: Skima Want To Quit Web Development Help Please by my2cents(m): 11:53pm On Jul 18, 2007
smartsoft,

The guy is speaking from his heart. Let him be. Tis better to make N20K doing what you love than N100K because he "doesn't feel accomplished".

If he stays on your account and later hates it, he will blame you. Atimes, in life, you have to move on in order to pursue other things. If he doesn't succeed in music, he has no one to blame but himself. Besides, with whatever skills he has in web dev, he can always come back.

As always, my 2 cents.
Re: Skima Want To Quit Web Development Help Please by niceuzor: 2:05am On Jul 19, 2007
my2cent nairaland elder's have spoken cool

is either u take it or you leave it,
Re: Skima Want To Quit Web Development Help Please by smartsoft(m): 2:19am On Jul 19, 2007
Well heard you Itoro but i guess you know him right huh ?
Re: Skima Want To Quit Web Development Help Please by niceuzor: 4:18am On Jul 19, 2007
wetin be itoro? angry Agbero like you?
Re: Skima Want To Quit Web Development Help Please by smartsoft(m): 5:10am On Jul 19, 2007
Jesus Christ shuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ! them send you come meet me huh ? leave me alone now haaa wa ha la dey oooooo
Re: Skima Want To Quit Web Development Help Please by niceuzor: 5:19am On Jul 19, 2007
No oh guy na u start 1st

smartsoft i confuss confess you re a guru?

but oversabi na dey worry you.try limit ham.

God go dey promote u if u dey promote plp

say amen to day?
Re: Skima Want To Quit Web Development Help Please by smartsoft(m): 5:27am On Jul 19, 2007
you see yourself you know sabi english again Confuss , i no dey do over sabi oooo, but i claim that prayer Amen ! lol
Re: Skima Want To Quit Web Development Help Please by niceuzor: 5:56am On Jul 19, 2007
Smart to be frank u too dey do? cool
Re: Skima Want To Quit Web Development Help Please by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:40am On Jul 19, 2007
skima is my good friend and he told me he was going to quit and i support him. The web dev stuff is locking somethings out of his life and its the best thing to do.
Re: Skima Want To Quit Web Development Help Please by my2cents(m): 1:32pm On Jul 19, 2007
You know,

I have been thinking more about this. Y wdnt he want to quit when there are those of us back there who are charging N4K to code a website? Y wdnt he quit when the same pple who wouldn't give him a discount to buy their product are haggling him to death because he wants to charge them a meagre N70K? I mean, where is the money/pride in the business?

I predict that more and more of this will follow as the web dev field is cheapened. Again, let us have pride in our work!
Re: Skima Want To Quit Web Development Help Please by Afam(m): 2:06pm On Jul 19, 2007
my2cents:

You know,

I have been thinking more about this. Y wdnt he want to quit when there are those of us back there who are charging N4K to code a website? Y wdnt he quit when the same people who wouldn't give him a discount to buy their product are haggling him to death because he wants to charge them a meagre N70K? I mean, where is the money/pride in the business?

I predict that more and more of this will follow as the web dev field is cheapened. Again, let us have pride in our work!

I beg to disagree with this notion that cheap prices affect the "best web developers" because there is a price for every product and no one is being forced to patronize a service provider.

If N4,000.00 is enough for you to design a good website then go ahead, if N1M is what makes you cool why not, go ahead.

We have brand new cars for just N1.3M just as we have others from N12M yet those that sell the expensive cars have not closed shop because some car manufacturers are charging N1.3M.

If I see a web developer that is ready to collect even N2,000.00 for a good website I will pay the person and have my website, simple.
Re: Skima Want To Quit Web Development Help Please by my2cents(m): 4:21pm On Jul 19, 2007
Afam very true.

As a matter of fact, there is nothing that should stop anyone from coding a site for free. Personally, as long as there is no govt inteference and the individual is allowed to set their price, I could care less. I guess my point is, if this is what puts food on your table and yet you are barely making it to survive because the competition is keeping prices down, the motivation to continue, at least for me, will not be there.

I will give you a sort of similar example, if I may: In the states, a job as simple as cutting grass was being done by Americans for say, $50. Then came along the mexicans. They start charging $30 or less for their services. Next thing you know, Americans are out of work/moving on to other endaveours. In the end, it is good for the customer but not for the businesses who had to retrench pple in droves as a result. The mexicans could of course get away with this as they live 10 pple per house and as such are able to distribute their bills evenly. This can't be said of their single-family counterparts.

So, again, there shouldn't be a set minimum price, but at least the price should be such that both parties are happy in the end. Now, whether thatz 4K, 40K or 4million is up to the developer.

I will end with another example: There is a site I frequent a lot for coding inspiration. They have a "Request For Proposal" document that they ask prospective clients to fill out before they meet with them. One of the questions in the document is, "Your budget dictates how much time we can devote to your website. What is the budget for this project?". Go figure! grin
Re: Skima Want To Quit Web Development Help Please by gbolio4(m): 2:04am On Jul 20, 2007
Holy God!

Who get's To bury this 4K website Ghost?

Feel Sick-to-my-Guts every time I see It.
Re: Skima Want To Quit Web Development Help Please by Afam(m): 8:44am On Jul 20, 2007
@my2cents,

For me if one is good he/she will get good jobs just like my people say "good product no dey hide".

@gbolio4,

What's your point? N4k website may make you sick but there are companies that make millions every month buy allowing people own websites for far less.

This idea of playing big don't make sense to me. I don't see anyone asking you to design for N4k so leave those that feel comfortable to do so.

In anycase, a N4k website may even be better than a N120k website so the cost is not the ultimate factor in web development.

www.afamite.com did not cost me a single naira to develop.

(1) (Reply)

Vps хостинг / Dhtml Pastebin / Codebin : Run Php/jscript/html Online / Twitter Retweet Community Script

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.