Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,974 members, 7,799,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2426) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4547569 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2423) (2424) (2425) (2426) (2427) (2428) (2429) ... (6158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 12:19pm On Jul 21, 2017
bykebyke:
OFFICIAL: FC Barcelona will kick-off La Liga 2017/18 against Real Betis at Camp Nou.
may it never be another alavez.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hardeycute(m): 12:20pm On Jul 21, 2017
bykebyke:
Yeap yeap.

We won the last clasico with Paco on the wings.

We will survive.
What's your take on this??
Don't deny there is no Barca's influence.[b]Maria Villar

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 21, 2017
hardeycute:

My take on what?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 21, 2017
hardeycute:
Lol..Barca's influence you are hilarious
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 12:52pm On Jul 21, 2017
emmyspark007:

Lol..Barca's influence
you are hilarious
barca rigged the fixtures, lol.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 12:56pm On Jul 21, 2017
10d0ve:
I said beg him if possible/necessary you know why? Cos it's not even necessary yet. He hasn't even said he's leaving! Y'all should let the lad be. Do you expect clubs not to put in bid for ney? I bet if it's Messi in same situation everyone ll just dismiss it as mere rumours, but it's a totally different rule for neymar. Rossel n this board has always been fraudulent don't even try to exonerate them by using ney as a scape goat...The foundation La porta (tho a bit corrupt too,) but Bartomeu n Rossel are just pathetic
Neymar has said nothing to rebuff the claims..He's enjoying the melodrama..He doesn't have to say he's leaving, his actions are saying it..In this case silence isn't golden.

Meanwhile Messi never gave us reasons to doubt his loyalty..Not for once!!..This Neymar na every season you go dey hear he's unhappy,He spoke with Manyoo,Now its PSG..Next season it could be Madrid for fvcks sake.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 1:11pm On Jul 21, 2017
sebod:

If he eventually leaves, what will be your opinion about him?

I still don't understand why a player of his calibre would want to dump a team like Barca for PSG.
In all honesty, I won't hate him. But I'd be disappointed obviously.

But on the other hand, his sentiments are true if we decide to not hate on him, but view it with an open mind. Ney is the kinda player that should be contesting for Balon d'Or on a regular basis whether he wins it or not. And frankly, with him playing second fiddle to Messi, when do we think he would realistically be able to outshine Messi in this Barça team? For me, I think his best chance of fighting for it would be outside Barça. Yeah, it could be said he stands a far better chance winning it in Barça or Madrid than any other club out there, yet, with Messi present in Barça, it would almost be impossible for him to pip Messi to the accolade.

And whether he goes to PSG or not doesn't really matter much cause he is Neymar. His name is a worldwide brand, and he is a fantastic player on his own. It's like Messi or Ronaldo going to PSG, are you telling me they won't be able contend there or win it as usual playing for PSG? Of course they would. If Ronaldo moves to PSG, he will still stand a better chance (than Ney) winning the Balon over there. If Messi goes to PSG, he will still stand a better chance winning the award over Neymar albeit Neymar is at Barcelona. You see the difference between these players and others right? They have the name, the brand, and the technical skillset to win it. Ney might not win it over there, but he honestly stands a better chance over there than in Barça, at least with Messi present now.

Now, if PSG win the Ligue 1 and Cup de France, with Ney playing a viral role enroute to them winning, and neither of Messi or Ronaldo wins the Champions League, he definitely will rival them in the Balon, whether he wins it will be a different kettle of fish.

As per my stance though... I don't want him to go because getting someone to replace him will be very difficult, especially during these perilous times for us.cheesy Forget about what some of us here say... The days of Pedro or the likes, the focus wasn't upfront but the middle of the park. Now the focus has shifted, why? Because of the quality we have upfront. If you take Ney away from the MSN, it becomes very difficult to break down defences because focusing on Messi would be very easy for defenders since he would practically be the only one to be capable of doing that, and of course you know what that means...

Anyways, I still am not fazed. I believe it might just be some kinda stunts to shake things up a little bit. Meanwhile, I read somewhere that some of his converns were highlighted, like making quality additions coupled with some other things that would make the team more competitive, and I thought within myself that if this is true as it were, then it would mean he really wants the club to grow in terms of their competitive stature.

Well... Make we just dey see sha. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by raumdeuter: 1:21pm On Jul 21, 2017
Dlordsamurai:
And so what? we are not the first great team to have been defeated and mind you, it seems u have forgoteen the circumstances that made that defeat to happen, lionel messi was injured and was not fit, martino was a wrong signing for a coach, our board should never had signed him bcaus he was not a cataluna blood, he destroyed our principle and brought new ideas. and we had lots of injuries that season. do not 4get that it is the same bayern munich that we destroyed 5-2, b4 that year, the same bayern munich that we scored 4 goals in first half against even b4 dat year.

You told us the Barcelona before Neymar came would have destroyed Juventus. And I showed you that the Barcelona before Neymar joined was actually destroyed 7-0
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 1:22pm On Jul 21, 2017
jonsnow92:
Beg Him?..Oshey Great Administrator...Beg him so next season he would flirt with us again with Man City and then the next season we are scared again yea?..Let me remind you that this same Neymar came to Barca having won Nada in European football and Barca made him 2nd highest paid player..Paid him over everyone that lhas won everything with Barca,This includes Xavi,Iniesta,Busquets,Pique etc..The Neymar transfer is the reason Rossell is in Jail,The transfer brought lots of stains to the Barca brand..We deserve loyalty from the lad not constant teasing and fears if he'll leave or not.

Messi with all his accolades never for once toyed with us about him leaving..If Neymar wants to leave Fvck him!

This was Cryff years ago saying.....
So Neymar is the reason Rosell is in jail Was it Neymar that laid down the terms? Don't even try to justify the board's misdemeanours using Neymar as the rootcause.

And as much as we deserve lotalty from the lad, doesn't he deserve same from the board? How do you think alot of players would fare if they were in Neymar's shoes as per all the troubles he has been facing since coming here, just because of some people's incompetence? Do you think if he had gone to Madrid he would have faced same? But because some people are shady in their dealings, he has had to face alot since coming here.

Was it not just once (weeks back) that Ronaldo had a tax case? Do you hear or read about it again? And yet Ronaldo threatened that he would leave. Imagine if he were in Neymar's shoes all these years... Let's also be considerate about people too.

Anyways... As far as I know, he is still a Barça player.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 10d0ve(m): 1:25pm On Jul 21, 2017
jonsnow92:
Neymar has said nothing to rebuff the claims..He's enjoying the melodrama..He doesn't have to say he's leaving, his actions are saying it..In this case silence isn't golden.

Meanwhile Messi never gave us reasons to doubt his loyalty..Not for once!!..This Neymar na every season you go dey hear he's unhappy,He spoke with Manyoo,Now its PSG..Next season it could be Madrid for fvcks sake.
What reason (s) has neymar given you to doubt his loyalty? Unconfirmed rumours? As if Messi comes out every single time there's a rumour to say he isn't leaving. Finally e get how I go vex ehn, I go support the boy to leave just so some of y'all ll realise what you have lost
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 1:42pm On Jul 21, 2017
Griezman, Pogba, Bale, Hazard, Sanchez, Neymar. The world awaits one of the aforementioned players to be the heir to the throne of Messi/Ronaldo. One player is definitely one level ahead on this list. And that player is Neymar Junior. He has won things with brazil, he has won things with barca and he has mounted a ballon dor podium. That's his advantage over others and he has got the looks of a celebrity. He's the biggest ballon dor brand. He is favourite for ballon dor when the duopoly is over. If he stays he would most likely not achieve it. He makes our team much much much better and he gives us a greater chance to win more. We all wish he stays but if he wants to go we can cut him some slack. We should try to replace him with Dyabala, Coutinho or Reus(hoping he manages to stay injury free).
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 1:46pm On Jul 21, 2017
dmcdad:

So Neymar is the reason Rosell is in jail Was it Neymar that laid down the terms? Don't even try to justify the board's misdemeanours using Neymar as the rootcause.

And as much as we deserve lotalty from the lad, doesn't he deserve same from the board? How do you think alot of players would fare if they were in Neymar's shoes as per all the troubles he has been facing since coming here, just because of some people's incompetence? Do you think if he had gone to Madrid he would have faced same? But because some people are shady in their dealings, he has had to face alot since coming here.

Was it not just once (weeks back) that Ronaldo had a tax case? Do you hear or read about it again? And yet Ronaldo threatened that he would leave. Imagine if he were in Neymar's shoes all these years... Let's also be considerate about people too.

Anyways... As far as I know, he is still a Barça player.
The Neymar transfer was really shady..£40M pounds was paid to His company (N&N) while only 17m was paid to Santos..When Investigators started prosecuting..Roswell and Bartomeu changed mouth and said that 40M was for his salary for the period of his contract..What other loyalty does he want abeg?..I can say Pedro left because he was deemed not good enough cos of Neymar..Neymar earns 2nd highest only behind Messi..

And also James Rodriguez,Benzema,Ronaldo and Bale all have higher release clause than Messi..

Yet there's no fear..He never ever flirts with other clubs, Never has contact been made by any club to Messi,Messi hasn't Spoken to another club also..Only FCBarcelona in year 2000..That's Loyalty!

This same Neymar spoke to Manyoo last season,What did he get in return?..A bumper 289m a week deal..Barca has the highest wage bill in Europe, We are in lots of deep shits..Neymar should sit his behind down and stop doing like Jellyfish jare
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 1:56pm On Jul 21, 2017
jonsnow92:
The Neymar transfer was really shady..£40M pounds was paid to His company (N&N) while only 17m was paid to Santos..When Investigators started prosecuting..Roswell and Bartomeu changed mouth and said that 40M was for his salary for the period of his contract..What other loyalty does he want abeg?..I can say Pedro left because he was deemed not good enough cos of Neymar..Neymar earns 2nd highest only behind Messi..

And also James Rodriguez,Benzema,Ronaldo and Bale all have higher release clause than Messi..

Yet there's no fear..He never ever flirts with other clubs, Never has contact been made by any club to Messi,Messi hasn't Spoken to another club also..Only FCBarcelona in year 2000..That's Loyalty!

This same Neymar spoke to Manyoo last season,What did he get in return?..A bumper 289m a week deal..Barca has the highest wage bill in Europe, We are in lots of deep shits..Neymar should sit his behind down and stop doing like Jellyfish jare
Bro... I still reiterate that the board messed up with his transfer.

Meanwhile, as per loyalty, what I meant was the board aren't protective at all. Do you hear of Ronaldo's case any more? I guess not. That's the power of Perez. And you think there aren't times Messi becomes fed up with the board? Of course there is, but when he remembers everything the club did for him and how it has been, those memories will always play a part in his decision. That's not to say he hasn't given Barça everything back in return, but you can't compare Messi's case with Neymar. Messi started from the root in Barça and thereby, you won't compare the affinity he has with Barça to someone like Neymar. You don't expect the lotalty too to be at the same level. And this is not to justify Ney in any way, just saying their cases are different I think.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 1:57pm On Jul 21, 2017
ddippset:
Griezman, Pogba, Bale, Hazard, Sanchez, Neymar. The world awaits one of the aforementioned players to be the heir to the throne of Messi/Ronaldo. One player is definitely one level ahead on this list. And that player is Neymar Junior. He has won things with brazil, he has won things with barca and he has mounted a ballon dor podium. That's his advantage over others and he has got the looks of a celebrity. He's the biggest ballon dor brand. He is favourite for ballon dor when the duopoly is over. If he stays he would most likely not achieve it. He makes our team much much much better and he gives us a greater chance to win more. We all wish he stays but if he wants to go we can cut him some slack. We should try to replace him with Dyabala, Coutinho or Reus(hoping he manages to stay injury free).
No one doubts his footballing Prowess..All you said here is true except he has better chance at winning Balon d or at PSG?..In a league that isn't in the tip 3 leagues in the World?..He'll substitute playing in 90,000 capacity elclasico with 50,000 Paris derby?..His best ever season with us,He scored 39 goals..Was on the podium..Y hasn't he recreated that Form since then?..Dont talk as if he has built a Balon D Or case every season Jade..Meanwhile Jury is still out on him

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:02pm On Jul 21, 2017
ddippset:
This is the kinda unbiased view I expect us to have towards Neymar. Yeah, I would be much vexed if he leaves, as in ehn... E go pain me die. But then, we should remember every player has its own ambition, and Balon D'Or is one of such ambitions for top players.

And forget about the fact that Messi would come out to proclaim that he doesn't care about personal accolades but just team trophies. Srory! Everyone, including and especially someone like Messi likes individual honour too. Th3 only difference between himself and Ronaldo is that he has the team at heart, and his personal ambition as secondary, while Ronaldo has his own ambition first and tesm glory as secondary. But, they generally crave for personal glory whether they admit it or not. Same too with Ney and that's why I won't really blame him if he eventually leaves.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 2:03pm On Jul 21, 2017
dmcdad:

Bro... I still reiterate that the board messed up with his transfer.

Meanwhile, as per loyalty, what I meant was the board aren't protective at all. Do you hear of Ronaldo's case any more? I guess not. That's the power of Perez. And you think there aren't times Messi becomes fed up with the board? Of course there is, but when he remembers everything the club did for him and how it has been, those memories will always play a part in his decision. That's not to say he hasn't given Barça everything back in return, but you can't compare Messi's case with Neymar. Messi started from the root in Barça and thereby, you won't compare the affinity he has with Barça to someone like Neymar. You don't expect the lotalty too to be at the same level. And this is not to justify Ney in any way, just saying their cases are different I think.
True the Board isnt protective,I'm the lead campaigner of The #Bartomeu Board out gang..Yes he has rights to b angered by the protection but he's not the only one naa..Pique gets almost the worst treatment in stadia all over,Even with the Spanish National team,Yet Pique no send..I'm saying Neymar should focus on his football,Let him build a Balon D Or case steady?..The season We were Banned,That same season Messi's tax case was building,The summer before Messi suffered d devastating World cup final Loss..How did Messi respond?..By Destroying every defender he met(Ask Boateng) and winning the Balon D Or with a Treble too..
Let Neymar respond on the pitch too!

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 21, 2017
Okay. undecided

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nihilist: 2:39pm On Jul 21, 2017
MSN

Messi, Suarez, Nobody.

Lord Ororo fully supports Neymar's decision. cool

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 3:01pm On Jul 21, 2017
dmcdad:

In all honesty, I won't hate him. But I'd be disappointed obviously.

But on the other hand, his sentiments are true if we decide to not hate on him, but view it with an open mind. Ney is the kinda player that should be contesting for Balon d'Or on a regular basis whether he wins it or not. And frankly, with him playing second fiddle to Messi, when do we think he would realistically be able to outshine Messi in this Barça team? For me, I think his best chance of fighting for it would be outside Barça. Yeah, it could be said he stands a far better chance winning it in Barça or Madrid than any other club out there, yet, with Messi present in Barça, it would almost be impossible for him to pip Messi to the accolade.

And whether he goes to PSG or not doesn't really matter much cause he is Neymar. His name is a worldwide brand, and he is a fantastic player on his own. It's like Messi or Ronaldo going to PSG, are you telling me they won't be able contend there or win it as usual playing for PSG? Of course they would. If Ronaldo moves to PSG, he will still stand a better chance (than Ney) winning the Balon over there. If Messi goes to PSG, he will still stand a better chance winning the award over Neymar albeit Neymar is at Barcelona. You see the difference between these players and others right? They have the name, the brand, and the technical skillset to win it. Ney might not win it over there, but he honestly stands a better chance over there than in Barça, at least with Messi present now.

Now, if PSG win the Ligue 1 and Cup de France, with Ney playing a viral role enroute to them winning, and neither of Messi or Ronaldo wins the Champions League, he definitely will rival them in the Balon, whether he wins it will be a different kettle of fish.

As per my stance though... I don't want him to go because getting someone to replace him will be very difficult, especially during these perilous times for us.cheesy Forget about what some of us here say... The days of Pedro or the likes, the focus wasn't upfront but the middle of the park. Now the focus has shifted, why? Because of the quality we have upfront. If you take Ney away from the MSN, it becomes very difficult to break down defences because focusing on Messi would be very easy for defenders since he would practically be the only one to be capable of doing that, and of course you know what that means...

Anyways, I still am not fazed. I believe it might just be some kinda stunts to shake things up a little bit. Meanwhile, I read somewhere that some of his converns were highlighted, like making quality additions coupled with some other things that would make the team more competitive, and I thought within myself that if this is true as it were, then it would mean he really wants the club to grow in terms of their competitive stature.

Well... Make we just dey see sha. Fingers crossed.
Many of us have termed Neymar as the heir to Messi's throne, we have supported him even when things didn't go well with him. He's got many supporters than haters.

I still find it so hard to decipher what exactly it means by him being under Messi's shadow. He got to the Ballon d'or podium at the back of a great season with excellent performances coupled with the great support he enjoyed from Messi. Many who thought the chemistry wouldn't work were quick to eat their words and praised Messi's exemplary leadership role by not only accommodating Neymar but also proving him enough room to thrive.
His inconsistencies far outweighed his consistency especially in this past season. We expected him to show up and lead the team in the period Messi was away as he did in his second season, he failed to deliver. Many of us including the club stood by him and defended him during his off period. He actually lived up to expectation in the return leg against PSG, and believe you me, had he been consistent to the extent of giving another stellar performance against Juve and probably in the UCL final and won it, everybody by now would be singing his name for the Ballon d'or despite having Messi in the team. Messi can't reign for life and he sure knows this. That's why he accepted the role of dropping deep while Neymar stayed up to make name for himself. He had every opportunity of out shining Messi in this past season but failed to live up to expectation. And as such, I don't want to believe he's been hindered by Messi's presence in the team as I believe he stands a better chance fulfilling his potentials in Barca jersey than that of PSG.

I just hope and wish he stays. But, if he leaves, I will be disappointed and tag his stay with us a failure as he never lived up to expectation (as far as I am concerned).

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 3:23pm On Jul 21, 2017
dmcdad:

This is the kinda unbiased view I expect us to have towards Neymar. Yeah, I would be much vexed if he leaves, as in ehn... E go pain me die. But then, we should remember every player has its own ambition, and Balon D'Or is one of such ambitions for top players.

And forget about the fact that Messi would come out to proclaim that he doesn't care about personal accolades but just team trophies. Srory! Everyone, including and especially someone like Messi likes individual honour too. Th3 only difference between himself and Ronaldo is that he has the team at heart, and his personal ambition as secondary, while Ronaldo has his own ambition first and tesm glory as secondary. But, they generally crave for personal glory whether they admit it or not. Same too with Ney and that's why I won't really blame him if he eventually leaves.
Neymar wanting to leave Barca for Psg because of Ballon d'or is just a flimsy excuse to me. Neymar outperformed Messi in the match against PSG and the whole word hailed him. If he performed consistently like that in this past season which would have seen him rated above Messi albeit winning the UCL and probably the league in the process, are we saying Messi would still have been voted ahead of him? I seriously doubt it.

I don't think Zlatan wining the UCL coupled with the tons of goals he scored for PSG would have given him the nod ahead of CR7 and Messi. That's why I don't think going to PSG in search of Balon d'or would be the best option.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 3:41pm On Jul 21, 2017
Honestly, I see no reason why Neymar can't win Balon d'or in Barcelona! Assuming if we had won this last UCL, his performance against PSG, coupled with some other good performances along the way especially in the final, would have made him a strong contender for Balon d'or.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 3:54pm On Jul 21, 2017
homesteady:
Honestly, I see no reason why Neymar can't win Balon d'or in Barcelona! Assuming if we had won this last UCL, his performance against PSG, coupled with some other good performances along the way especially in the final, would have made him a strong contender for Balon d'or.
I see a reason. and that reason is messi. messi is 30 years old playing like a 25 year old and playing better than other 25 year olds. naturally, with them both @ barca they would always win identical trophies in a season, the tie breaker would then be the numbers. truthfully neymar who isnt a centre forward could never get more numbers than messi. me thinks he's got a better chance @ psg to win ballon dor. psg can actually win the champions league.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 4:03pm On Jul 21, 2017
sebod:

Many of us have termed Neymar as the heir to Messi's throne, we have supported him even when things didn't go well with him. He's got many supporters than haters.

I still find it so hard to decipher what exactly it means by him being under Messi's shadow. He got to the Ballon d'or podium at the back of a great season with excellent performances coupled with the great support he enjoyed from Messi. Many who thought the chemistry wouldn't work were quick to eat their words and praised Messi's exemplary leadership role by not only accommodating Neymar but also proving him enough room to thrive.
His inconsistencies far outweighed his consistency especially in this past season. We expected him to show up and lead the team in the period Messi was away as he did in his second season, he failed to deliver. Many of us including the club stood by him and defended him during his off period. He actually lived up to expectation in the return leg against PSG, and believe you me, had he been consistent to the extent of giving another stellar performance against Juve and probably in the UCL final and won it, everybody by now would be singing his name for the Ballon d'or despite having Messi in the team. Messi can't reign for life and he sure knows this. That's why he accepted the role of dropping deep while Neymar stayed up to make name for himself. He had every opportunity of out shining Messi in this past season but failed to live up to expectation. And as such, I don't want to believe he's been hindered by Messi's presence in the team as I believe he stands a better chance fulfilling his potentials in Barca jersey than that of PSG.

I just hope and wish he stays. But, if he leaves, I will be disappointed and tag his stay with us a failure as he never lived up to expectation (as far as I am concerned).
Well said... Although the way I see it is; he doesn't want a situation whereby it would be like he is competing with Messi, hence the need to go somewhere else to do the fighting. And again the idea of dethroning Messi in Barça might not sit well with either party. Just thinking though.

Anyways, I still cannot believe the whole saga is happening. Fingers crossed jare. But I honestly hope and pray he doesn't leave, but if he wants out, then I have nothing against him and nothing spoil too.

I believe everyone can be replaced, it's just a matter of time. I never expected Messi or anyone to surpass almighty Dinho. But he did. As much as Messi is devine, it's a matter of time too, but there will be someone better. Whether the person would be a Barça player is another story.cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 4:07pm On Jul 21, 2017
ddippset:
I see a reason. and that reason is messi. messi is 30 years old playing like a 25 year old and playing better than other 25 year olds. naturally, with them both @ barca they would always win identical trophies in a season, the tie breaker would then be the numbers. truthfully neymar who isnt a centre forward could never get more numbers than messi. me thinks he's got a better chance @ psg to win ballon dor. psg can actually win the champions league.
Exactly! I see Messi as his achilles heel. They will always win identical trophies and Messi will alway be instrumental, coupled with his guaranteed higher numbers. Mehn... The odds are against Neymar anyway we look at it.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by patrickmuf(m): 4:12pm On Jul 21, 2017
To be honest, it baffles me that Neymar's advisers are angling for a move away from Barcelona in a bid to help him gain recognition (Balon d'or) when in earnest most of the play in Barcelona goes through him, in fact, Messi has had to give up on how much he sees the ball in order to accommodate Neymar's but due to his inadequacies, Messi still manages to trump him season after season...
For all his talents, if Neymar must break the Messi/Ronaldo duopoly he will need to ease off on the unnecessary show boating and hanging on to the ball for too long just as Messi and Ronaldo did in time past, he has all he needs to break the seemingly impossible stranglehold the duo has got on football's prized asset but it all depends on him.
Let's assume Messi is stopping his shine, is it PSG that provides the best platform for him to dominate? I think not, if he goes there, his achievements will be belittled those who think the French league is several levels below the top European leagues. If he must leave, then he should angle for a move to Manchester United or City, United preferably not because it's the club I support but cos with a good season at United he will definitely be touted as a potential balon d'or winner, the size of the club, the influence the club has on the media etc should count here.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by airmark(m): 4:13pm On Jul 21, 2017
Neymar cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 10d0ve(m): 4:25pm On Jul 21, 2017
patrickmuf:
To be honest, it baffles me that Neymar's advisers are angling for a move away from Barcelona in a bid to help him gain recognition (Balon d'or) when in earnest most of the play in Barcelona goes through him, in fact, Messi has had to give up on how much he sees the ball in order to accommodate Neymar's but due to his inadequacies, Messi still manages to trump him season after season...
For all his talents, if Neymar must break the Messi/Ronaldo duopoly he will need to ease off on the unnecessary show boating and hanging on to the ball for too long just as Messi and Ronaldo did in time past, he has all he needs to break the seemingly impossible stranglehold the duo has got on football's prized asset but it all depends on him.
Let's assume Messi is stopping his shine, is it PSG that provides the best platform for him to dominate? I think not, if he goes there, his achievements will be belittled those who think the French league is several levels below the top European leagues. If he must leave, then he should angle for a move to Manchester United or City, United preferably not because it's the club I support but cos with a good season at United he will definitely be touted as a potential balon d'or winner, the size of the club, the influence the club has on the media etc should count here.
This is exactly the truth! Dmcdad abeg come give this guy 1 legend. This is exactly why I believe these rumours are inconsequential, The player himself isn't a fool. He knows how lowly rated lique 1 is.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 21, 2017
Suarez looking slim,Messi looking ready.

Let's gooooo. cheesy

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 4:44pm On Jul 21, 2017
ddippset:
I beg to disagree bro!
I don't see Messi in anyway standing in the way of Neymar.
You will agree with me that most of our plays in recent times went through Neymar and not Messi. In fact, Neymar got more of the passes more than Messi and Suarez combined. We even have to adjust our game style in a way to suite him all in a bid to allow him thrive.
Massy had come to his rescue many times when his morale was low as a result of his own lacklustre performance by allowing him take pks. I can even make a case for Alba whose decline coincided with the arrival of Ney as he had to give up his attacking prowress just to see Neymar take charge through the flank.
Neyboy had all the chances to outshine Messi this past season but failed to grasp the opportunity and we still defended him.
So, the club, fans and even Messi have given enough room for him to shine. He can only imagine himself in Messi's shadow.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 21, 2017
sebod:

I beg to disagree bro!
I don't see Messi in anyway standing in the way of Neymar.
You will agree with me that most of our plays in recent times went through Neymar and not Messi. In fact, Neymar got more of the passes more than Messi and Suarez combined. We even have to adjust our game style in a way to suite him all in a bid to allow him thrive.
Massy had come to his rescue many times when his morale was low as a result of his own lacklustre performance by allowing him take pks. I can even make a case for Alba whose decline coincided with the arrival of Ney as he had to give up his attacking prowress just to see Neymar take charge through the flank.
Neyboy had all the chances to outshine Messi this past season but failed to grasp the opportunity and we still defended him.
So, the club, fans and even Messi have given enough room for him to shine. He can only imagine himself in Messi's shadow.
Thank you jor.

Neymar has been here for 4years yet hasn't formed a good connection with Jordi Alba.

After all we all know Alves Messi was a thing.

He has spent 4years by Iniesta's side yet hasn't even formed a partnership with him or any of our midfielders.

He's also wasteful.

The below gif was something that happened many times last season.

It's pretty much certain that he is leaving.

I say fück him.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 5:06pm On Jul 21, 2017
dmcdad:

Well said... Although the way I see it is; [b]he doesn't want a situation whereby it would be like he is competing with Messi, hence the need to go somewhere else to do the fighting. And again the idea of dethroning Messi in Barça might not sit well with either party. [/b]Just thinking though.

Anyways, I still cannot believe the whole saga is happening. Fingers crossed jare. But I honestly hope and pray he doesn't leave, but if he wants out, then I have nothing against him and nothing spoil too.

I believe everyone can be replaced, it's just a matter of time. I never expected Messi or anyone to surpass almighty Dinho. But he did. As much as Messi is devine, it's a matter of time too, but there will be someone better. Whether the person would be a Barça player is another story.cheesy
I got your point bro!
But the fact remains that even Messi himself has given Neymar the go ahead to dethrone him.
As you have rightly said, everyone is replaceable. But I doubt if I can ever forgive him should he decide to let us down at this point in time. #warnyourboy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 5:09pm On Jul 21, 2017
bykebyke:

Thank you jor.

Neymar has been here for 4years yet hasn't formed a good connection with Jordi Alba.

After all we all know Alves Messi was a thing.

He has spent 4years by Iniesta's side yet hasn't even formed a partnership with him or any of our midfielders.

He's also wasteful.

The below gif was something that happened many times last season.

It's pretty much certain that he is leaving.

I say fück him.

His wastefulness in front of goal is the main reason some think he is in Messi's shadow.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2423) (2424) (2425) (2426) (2427) (2428) (2429) ... (6158) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.