Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,956 members, 7,799,245 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2929) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4547445 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2926) (2927) (2928) (2929) (2930) (2931) (2932) ... (6158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by SerVik(m): 9:29pm On Feb 18, 2018
Krasid:
But why are Barcelona legends scatterbrained buffoons? Is it some sort of mental decline once they start to age? grin or could it be the Catalan weather or diet? It seems Xavi has taken up the stupidity mantle from Stoichkov. It's unfortunate though; how can one man be short, stupid, and a Barca legend all at once. For the sake of football, I hope Messi and Iniesta don't turn out this way.
Did he lie? Madrid fans are just too averse to hearing the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ClumsyFlimsy: 9:30pm On Feb 18, 2018
Krasid:
But why are Barcelona legends scatterbrained buffoons? Is it some sort of mental decline once they start to age? grin or could it be the Catalan weather or diet? It seems Xavi has taken up the stupidity mantle from Stoichkov. It's unfortunate though; how can one man be short, stupid, and a Barca legend all at once. For the sake of football, I hope Messi and Iniesta don't turn out this way.
As a barca fan; I was disappointed in xavi

His comments were shameful

How a world Cup and numerous trophy legend acts so childish is beyond me

Big boy like xavi go dey put mouth for small children matter.. Match wey no concern am o. No be say na even barca match

Mehn xavi fall hand sha

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ClumsyFlimsy: 9:32pm On Feb 18, 2018
This Madrid team Don die

I won't be surprised if PSG nack them for Paris

See as real Betis they press the living daylight outta madrid
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 9:52pm On Feb 18, 2018
Is betis on beast mode or is Madrid actually this bad?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by funkyjms: 9:59pm On Feb 18, 2018
Immediately I read "Lucas Vazquez from Real Madrid swings in the corner from the right." on livescore, I knew the next update would be S. Ramos heads the ball in. grin grin

I was damn right!! 2-2

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 10:13pm On Feb 18, 2018
February - May Super form of C. Ronaldo and Real Madrid continues.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 10:15pm On Feb 18, 2018
If you wanna beat Real Madrid to the title, make sure you accumulate enough points before February
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Eruditor: 10:15pm On Feb 18, 2018
SerVik:

It's generally same with pitches in England.

It makes it very difficult to make use of outlets, spreading the passes and wearing them out. Look at Coutinho's pass to Vidal, for example, In a typical English pitch if you try to change play that way, it either goes out or the players easily regroup due to the pitch size.

It also makes it easier to choke players and limit their ball movement and expression.
Counters on such pitches are also very deadly because with just two quick passes, a player is already face to face with the keeper.

I swearigad. I hate watching us against them at that ground. Without much effort they can face the keeper and it favours a team that will pile up crosses which we would not do as we have no pure target man. Playing through the midfield will be hard as well as they will choke it up that much I am sure. Individual brilliance and nifty defending will be key.

Once we have a platform to play for at Nou Camp, I guarantee they will get bludgeoned. In England only CFCs pitch has remained the small size. Arsenal, United, City, Anfield and now Wembley for Tottenham are big enough. Tottenham had a useless pitch size prior.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Neymar1095(m): 10:32pm On Feb 18, 2018
Madrid defense is trash. ordinary real betis scoring 3 goals. Psg will rape these idiots in Paris .
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Neimar: 10:49pm On Feb 18, 2018
Neymar1095:
Madrid defense is trash. ordinary real betis scoring 3 goals. Psg will rape these idiots in Paris .

si dix rat..how many PSG score b4? grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Neimar: 10:51pm On Feb 18, 2018
Debroslink:
February - May Super form of C. Ronaldo and Real Madrid continues.

beast mode gini... grin
dem neva jam d heavyweights of laliga
na betis dy score dem 3 xo
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by SerVik(m): 10:59pm On Feb 18, 2018
Of what use is a 'beast mode' that would ultimately end in a trophyless campaign??
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 11:01pm On Feb 18, 2018
Neimar:

beast mode gini... grin
dem neva jam d heavyweights of laliga
na betis dy score dem 3 xo

Whether you like it or not, February - May has always been the beast mode of Madrid in the last 3 years or so. This same Betis beat Madrid @ the Bernabeu earlier this season ooh... Something PSG couldn't do.

This February alone, Ronaldo has scored more goals than Paulinho has scored this season. Yes he's a tap-in master, but those goals count, don't they?

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Neimar: 11:03pm On Feb 18, 2018
Debroslink:

Whether you like it or not, February - May has always been the beast mode of Madrid in the last 3 years or so. This same Betis beat Madrid @ the Bernabeu earlier this season ooh... Something PSG couldn't do.

This February alone, Ronaldo has scored more goals than Paulinho has scored this season. Yes he's a tap-in master, but those goals count, don't they?

oga betis defense was very poor...just si d mumu goals
anyways nice game
they tried
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:23pm On Feb 18, 2018
this Madrid will beat PSG in france, as Barça fans we must respect our Madrid rivals...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Neymar1095(m): 12:21am On Feb 19, 2018
ClintonNzedimma:
this Madrid will beat PSG in france, as Barça fans we must respect our Madrid rivals...
Nobody beats psg In Paris. Just ask Barca
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ClintonNzedimma(m): 12:45am On Feb 19, 2018
Neymar1095:

Nobody beats psg In Paris. Just ask Barca
lol... all madrid is a draw and you guys are gone... I was even praying to avoid PSG before but now I prefer you guys to Chelsea...if you guys played in camp nou the way you played Madrid, we for nail on coffin bcoz we won't miss.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jamescross: 7:49am On Feb 19, 2018
Neymar1095:
this rape they have been planing since the announcements, did psg lose their ***ks or are they just scared to pull their pants down and show what they are really made of.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by phaamsaam: 8:29am On Feb 19, 2018
Debroslink:

Crawling out from their sunken holes lools

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by phaamsaam: 8:34am On Feb 19, 2018
jamescross:
if conte was not ready to beat barca then chelsea should get someone that knows barca to beat barca.

that was my thought when conte's job was on the line. chelsea fans still have faith in him anyway but barca CL out is still the plan grin

Enrique had almost the same 11 for 3 years and built the defensive structure he was criticised for that EV is enjoying now and being praised for.
Plastic madrid fans and lies, built which defensive structure, if not for board he would keep playing that deluded Mathieu, board bought umtiti not Enrique, we conceeded shit goals last season coupled with the fact that it was a Franco reminiscent season, EV is far better than the MSN Enrique who just picked squads and let MSN work their magic
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by phaamsaam: 8:37am On Feb 19, 2018
jamescross:
he did what some managers failed to do, use messi has a winger. make use a real striker and bring the best out of neymar.

barca lost xavi the engine of tiki taka, so instead of slow build up play he made it quicker and shortened the transition time from defense to attack. his focus was on winning games (not winning midfield) and won 76% of his matches.

you can't play good counter attack without a good defensive structure.

umiti was brought and utilize by enrique, who also brought a tactical sound and more defensive minded digne, also replaced dani alves.

even bravo and stergen will tell you enrique did defensive drills grin if you ask them.

EV is a tactical genius but some of winnings have been by luck and not always because barca played well. you guys are now shouting balance balance upandan (BALANCE FC).

Stop saying shit on this thread, Enrique brought defensive whaaat Enrique who just sent out teams without tactical acumen, led to hiss defeat in Turin, and another to ATM, he was even benching Alba last season, Enrique credit was only making MSN coexist, and Messi still didn't stay wide, he had his steady free role
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jamescross: 9:23am On Feb 19, 2018
phaamsaam:

Plastic madrid fans and lies, built which defensive structure, if not for board he would keep playing that deluded Mathieu, board bought umtiti not Enrique, we conceeded shit goals last season coupled with the fact that it was a Franco reminiscent season, EV is far better than the MSN Enrique who just picked squads and let MSN work their magic
whatever
phaamsaam:

Stop saying shit on this thread, Enrique brought defensive whaaat Enrique who just sent out teams without tactical acumen, led to hiss defeat in Turin, and another to ATM, he was even benching Alba last season, Enrique credit was only making MSN coexist, and Messi still didn't stay wide, he had his steady free role
without tactical acumen right. no problem, believe whatever you want. two defeats benching alba. i have heard you, EV is better. are you ok now
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jamescross: 10:21am On Feb 19, 2018
phaamsaam:

for the sake of Madrid fans and my strong dislike for Barca BS especially you numb short term memory fans

http://www.soccerinfomania.com/samuel-umtiti-picks-difference-luis-enrique-ernesto-valverde/19541/

In just two years at Barcelona Samuel Umtiti has worked with two different manager; Luis Enrique and Ernesto Valverde.
Luis Enrique played a key role in his arrival in 2016 from Lyon, and Valverde now enjoys his astonishing defensive attributes.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jamescross: 10:36am On Feb 19, 2018
phaamsaam:

Maybe I forgot much of the football I watched from years ago, maybe too busy but I surely don't have a short term memory. BALANCE fc bringing farts from their butts. BUTT FC

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2283669-breaking-down-how-luis-enrique-has-changed-barcelona-tactically

[i]New manager Luis Enrique may not have the club exactly where he wants it to be at this point, but he has been working. The tactics at the Camp Nou have begun to change, and in some ways it is already paying off in a big way.
Granted, Barcelona’s style of football will never truly disappear, but Enrique has been right to make a few necessary alterations to a game plan that opponents have had figured out for a few years now.
Just how has Enrique changed Barcelona tactically? Let’s break it down.

Defensive Changes
As should be the case, Enrique’s biggest tactical changes have come on the defensive end of the ball. Though the back line is still having a lot of the same problems as the last few seasons, there has been a bit of improvement.
To begin with, this season has seen the Blaugrana full-backs do a much better job of timing their forward runs.
In seasons gone by, Dani Alves and Jordi Alba would both launch into attack at the same time and leave the back line absolutely unguarded. This led to countless counterattacks, which did Barcelona in a plenty of occasions.
This year, those runs may still be present, but there is a lot more planning behind them. Rarely will you see both full-backs up in attack at the same time, and that alone has given the defense more help when matched up against fast opposing forwards.
There are still the moments of weakness where the full-backs do get caught out of position, but it is clear that Enrique has emphasized timing the forward runs in order to ensure that the back line is not left exposed.

Additionally, Enrique has changed Barcelona’s zonal marking style of set piece defending for one that focuses on man defending. This ensures that every attack is marked rather than a zone, and the change has already paid off.
According to Squawka.com , Barcelona has only conceded two headed goals in all competitions this season, which seems unreal based on the last few campaigns.
Despite the alterations, the defense is still struggling with individual errors and marking counterattacks. The back line has a long way to go before they can be truly relied upon, but it is hard to doubt that Lucho hasn't brought some much-needed adjustments with his return to the Camp Nou.

Midfield Changes

Barcelona’s midfield unit has been relatively untouched for well over five years now. The trio of Xavi, Andres Iniesta and Sergio Busquets has been immensely successful together, and changing that can almost be seen as blasphemy in Catalonia.
However, with age playing a factor, Enrique needed to touch up the middle of the park for the Catalan giants this season.
The first change that was initially made was focusing on more direct attacking. The days of endless and pointless passing behind the forwards are nearly gone as the midfield is now looking to attack quicker than this squad ever has.
Busquets and Xavi can be seen making more decisive passes than ever to set up their teammates in attack, while Iniesta has become even more dangerous with the ball at his feet.
But the Barcelona midfield trio has gone under some rebuilding as well. All three of the stars have played less minutes to this point than in previous years, and while that can somewhat be linked to injuries, the biggest reason is the presence of other talented players in the middle of the park.

it is also the board that replaced Fabregas with rakitic right!? undecided well done
next time before you go around insulting people make sure you have sense.

Ivan Rakitic has already seen plenty of playing time and has even changed the midfield dynamic. His ability to be a scoring threat on his own has revamped the midfield attack, while his ability to drop deep and defend has given the Barcelona back line more coverage than they have normally been afforded in recent years.

However, the biggest change of all in the middle of park is the fact that there has been a revitalized focus on defending.
Xavi and Iniesta have never been defensive players. They have had a few big moments in defense, but Barcelona has never been able to rely on them to consistently give the back line coverage unless the entire team was pressing as a unit.
With Rakitic and Rafinha seeing more time, Busquets now has help in front of the defense, and it is helping the back line become more solid. In truth, their ability to play as box-to-box midfielders has given Barcelona vastly more diversity, and the club is all the better because of it.
Mix in more direct attacking with a commitment to defending, and the Barcelona midfield is looking strong. There could, of course, be much more improvement, but the tactics are looking up.

I am replying you, because at first I didn't release it was you responding to me like a fool, I was just going to ignore the ignorant toddler that sent such trash like I did 1 dumb erudite that cannot count but it you, awhole you falling your hand like a fool. it's either tour account has been hacked or you were just been emotionally about the matter

even the nonsense assumption you made about attacking I will just leave it, before I make this thing too long.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Neymar1095(m): 11:02am On Feb 19, 2018
Suddenly the paulinho has more goals than Ronaldo jokes has disappeared............ Issoryt
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by phaamsaam: 11:20am On Feb 19, 2018
jamescross:

Maybe I forgot much of the football I watched from years ago, maybe too busy but I surely don't have a short term memory. BALANCE fc bringing farts from their butts. BUTT FC

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2283669-breaking-down-how-luis-enrique-has-changed-barcelona-tactically

[i]New manager Luis Enrique may not have the club exactly where he wants it to be at this point, but he has been working. The tactics at the Camp Nou have begun to change, and in some ways it is already paying off in a big way.
Granted, Barcelona’s style of football will never truly disappear, but Enrique has been right to make a few necessary alterations to a game plan that opponents have had figured out for a few years now.
Just how has Enrique changed Barcelona tactically? Let’s break it down.

Defensive Changes
As should be the case, Enrique’s biggest tactical changes have come on the defensive end of the ball. Though the back line is still having a lot of the same problems as the last few seasons, there has been a bit of improvement.
To begin with, this season has seen the Blaugrana full-backs do a much better job of timing their forward runs.
In seasons gone by, Dani Alves and Jordi Alba would both launch into attack at the same time and leave the back line absolutely unguarded. This led to countless counterattacks, which did Barcelona in a plenty of occasions.
This year, those runs may still be present, but there is a lot more planning behind them. Rarely will you see both full-backs up in attack at the same time, and that alone has given the defense more help when matched up against fast opposing forwards.
There are still the moments of weakness where the full-backs do get caught out of position, but it is clear that Enrique has emphasized timing the forward runs in order to ensure that the back line is not left exposed.

Additionally, Enrique has changed Barcelona’s zonal marking style of set piece defending for one that focuses on man defending. This ensures that every attack is marked rather than a zone, and the change has already paid off.
According to Squawka.com , Barcelona has only conceded two headed goals in all competitions this season, which seems unreal based on the last few campaigns.
Despite the alterations, the defense is still struggling with individual errors and marking counterattacks. The back line has a long way to go before they can be truly relied upon, but it is hard to doubt that Lucho hasn't brought some much-needed adjustments with his return to the Camp Nou.

Midfield Changes

Barcelona’s midfield unit has been relatively untouched for well over five years now. The trio of Xavi, Andres Iniesta and Sergio Busquets has been immensely successful together, and changing that can almost be seen as blasphemy in Catalonia.
However, with age playing a factor, Enrique needed to touch up the middle of the park for the Catalan giants this season.
The first change that was initially made was focusing on more direct attacking. The days of endless and pointless passing behind the forwards are nearly gone as the midfield is now looking to attack quicker than this squad ever has.
Busquets and Xavi can be seen making more decisive passes than ever to set up their teammates in attack, while Iniesta has become even more dangerous with the ball at his feet.
But the Barcelona midfield trio has gone under some rebuilding as well. All three of the stars have played less minutes to this point than in previous years, and while that can somewhat be linked to injuries, the biggest reason is the presence of other talented players in the middle of the park.

it is also the board that replaced Fabregas with rakitic right!? undecided well done
next time before you go around insulting people make sure you have sense.

Ivan Rakitic has already seen plenty of playing time and has even changed the midfield dynamic. His ability to be a scoring threat on his own has revamped the midfield attack, while his ability to drop deep and defend has given the Barcelona back line more coverage than they have normally been afforded in recent years.

However, the biggest change of all in the middle of park is the fact that there has been a revitalized focus on defending.
Xavi and Iniesta have never been defensive players. They have had a few big moments in defense, but Barcelona has never been able to rely on them to consistently give the back line coverage unless the entire team was pressing as a unit.
With Rakitic and Rafinha seeing more time, Busquets now has help in front of the defense, and it is helping the back line become more solid. In truth, their ability to play as box-to-box midfielders has given Barcelona vastly more diversity, and the club is all the better because of it.
Mix in more direct attacking with a commitment to defending, and the Barcelona midfield is looking strong. There could, of course, be much more improvement, but the tactics are looking up.

I am replying you, because at first I didn't release it was you responding to me like a fool, I was just going to ignore the ignorant toddler that sent such trash like I did 1 dumb erudite that cannot count but it you, awhole you falling your hand like a fool. it's either tour account has been hacked or you were just been emotionally about the matter

even the nonsense assumption you made about attacking I will just leave it, before I make this thing too long.
When you spit poo, and resort to curses and abuses, I would only pass, because all I see is a motor Park tout with 10mb data and a stolen screen touch phone... A Madshit fan who barely watches his club games wanna tell me about my team... Dodoyo, that's why he was found out in the biggest games of the season in Turin and Paris, I can as well go and get millions of articles to support my assertions, but no need depreciating to your level because you would beat me with experience grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Neymar1095(m): 11:37am On Feb 19, 2018
Me when I remember barca fans back in September when Messi scored 12 in 8 and were saying Neymar held his goal-scoring back and he was going to break every record in existence. Fast forward 5 months and he has 27 in 37. Has gone through straight 5 games without scoring twice. God is Good.

7 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by RoyalBlak007: 1:56pm On Feb 19, 2018
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by SerVik(m): 2:59pm On Feb 19, 2018
Azpilicueta on iniesta's game winning goal against chelsea
“I remember that I was in Osasuna when he scored that goal to take Barcelona to the final in Rome,” he said.

”That changed his history so much and I think the Chelsea fans still feel that in their hearts.

”I think Andres continues to generate nightmares and I do not think he will get a good reception.”
Even on nairaland, they still feel tremors from that iniesta's bridge shattering goal.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Neymar1095(m): 4:07pm On Feb 19, 2018
cheesy Or maybe Messi never scoring in a final for Argentina.

6 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackodam: 4:33pm On Feb 19, 2018
Neymar1095:
cheesy Or maybe Messi never scoring in a final for Argentina.

Stop being a coward.

Quote him and reply him. We all know you're a twitter bish, and a dunce. Are you seriously willing to add coward to your CV?

Won't be surprised if you do sef

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2926) (2927) (2928) (2929) (2930) (2931) (2932) ... (6158) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.