Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,230 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4569596 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3152) (3153) (3154) (3155) (3156) (3157) (3158) ... (6179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by raumdeuter: 11:22pm On Jun 22, 2018
RuuDie:

Croatia are way too professional to just "decide" to lose. They will likely play for and get a draw to cement top spot. They have qualified but they surely will want to avoid France, which could be their worst case scenario in this whole furore.

It is really a straight dogfight between naija and the argies.

Croatia is guaranteed 1st even if they lose 20-0.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 2:51am On Jun 23, 2018
RuuDie:

What makes me support a particular team is nobody's business... na pipu like u dey always bring up useless "real/fake fan" talk. You support a club in Spain, but don't even know the name of one in naija, yet you want to label other people unpatriotic... oshey Captain Nigeria!

So how does supporting/not supporting the country team in a sporting competition relate to voting, politics, contributing to socio-economics and national development?

Smh. I been dey think sey u get sense pass like dis sef!

What a pity. cheesy

I understand the pain of seeing your sweetheart ridiculed. Its becoming unbearable that your only defence is "its no body's business".

However you miss it when a so called Green passport carrier is delusional on where his loyalty should lie it becomes all Nigerians concerns.

And Mr silly how do you know I don't know anything about Nigerian club sides. Am not like you that disowns his heritage on the platter because of Messi.

Imagine your son jubilating that you his father lost a competition to a neighbor for reasons " that are his business" what a joyful family and son you raised.

I leave you to your ignominy.

Up Super Eagles.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Leyqute(m): 5:53am On Jun 23, 2018
"that's the way to Argentina bro"

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by RuuDie(m): 6:24am On Jun 23, 2018
raumdeuter:

They are if naija beat Argentina by one quarter of that...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Unlimited22: 7:29am On Jun 23, 2018
raumdeuter:

Nah bro. Their goal difference is +5, ours is zero. If we theoretically beat Argentina 3-0 and they lose by the same scoreline we go top. It's goal difference before head-to-head.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Miremoses1(m): 8:39am On Jun 23, 2018
Leyqute:
no no, where are the words bro.

This is how you make a meme.

9 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Swissh: 9:03am On Jun 23, 2018
A40:
I don't know if I would ever forgive these boys if they let Argentina through. Messi bants aside there are three teams I can never ever support: Italy, Cameroon and Argentina

What bothers me is Argentina are the more desperate team and judging by the stewpid mistake Ebuehi made today we can be vulnerable

And can Rohr gather the balls to bench Moses? This was the worst display I've ever seen in my life from a Nigerian #7
.Supporting another country in a sporting event is not
unpatriotic. It is the Nigerian national team not the Armed forces. The
Nigerian coach is German, Germany are also in this world cup, if Nigeria face
Ger,Rohr will do everything to ensure Nigeria wins.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by A40(m): 9:37am On Jun 23, 2018
Swissh:

.Supporting another country in a sporting event is not
unpatriotic. It is the Nigerian national team not the Armed forces. The
Nigerian coach is German, Germany are also in this world cup, if Nigeria face
Ger,Rohr will do everything to ensure Nigeria wins.
I never said it was, everybody has the right to support who they want tbh. Nigeria has almost 200mln people last I checked so it's not like anyone's nonsupport would be particularly missed.

I read of a Japanese national who supports Nigeria ahead of Japan.

Me I just hate the Argentine National team right from time and it has zilch to do with Messi
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by wman(m): 10:45am On Jun 23, 2018
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by LethargiQue: 10:50am On Jun 23, 2018
grin

Honestly..I'm happy with the way things are turning out for my country, Nigeria.

Speaking of argentina, and with nothing but good wishes for messi, I watched him against Iceland and I was disappointed. Same thing against Croatia. With the way he has been lazy on the pitch, I just agreed that he doesn't deserve the trophy. Doesn't have leadership qualities like Ronaldo in this world cup. The difference between ronaldo and messi is that messi is never quiet, his influence is seen from the very first minute, but it feels ronaldo is the one wearing Messi's boots in this tournament.

I'm just happy to see Nigeria beat Iceland, I'd like them to best Argentina too so messi can go home and rest for next season..

I'm not taking back my word about Argentina tho. Argentina have not played as a team and messi hasn't stood out after 2 matches. 1 point from a possible 6 with all the names in that Argentine side, there's no excuse!

Messi is the best player but Ronaldo is miles above him in the tournament, it's glaring.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by RuuDie(m): 10:52am On Jun 23, 2018
usbcable:

What a pity. cheesy

I understand the pain of seeing your sweetheart ridiculed. Its becoming unbearable that your only defence is "its no body's business".

However you miss it when a so called Green passport carrier is delusional on where his loyalty should lie it becomes all Nigerians concerns.

And Mr silly how do you know I don't know anything about Nigerian club sides. Am not like you that disowns his heritage on the platter because of Messi.

Imagine your son jubilating that you his father lost a competition to a neighbor for reasons " that are his business" what a joyful family and son you raised.

I leave you to your ignominy.

Up Super Eagles.

I am honestly very disappointed in you. I thought you capable of reasoning better... apparently not!

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nihilstjnr: 11:01am On Jun 23, 2018
Leyqute:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 11:12am On Jun 23, 2018
RuuDie:

I am honestly very disappointed in you. I thought you capable of reasoning better... apparently not!

The feeling is mutual.
The assesment is also mutual.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Edubbs: 12:36pm On Jun 23, 2018
LethargiQue:
grin

Honestly..I'm happy with the way things are turning out for my country, Nigeria.

Speaking of argentina, and with nothing but good wishes for messi, I watched him against Iceland and I was disappointed. Same thing against Croatia. With the way he has been lazy on the pitch, I just agreed that he doesn't deserve the trophy. Doesn't have leadership qualities like Ronaldo in this world cup. The difference between ronaldo and messi is that messi is never quiet, his influence is seen from the very first minute, but it feels ronaldo is the one wearing Messi's boots in this tournament.

I'm just happy to see Nigeria beat Iceland, I'd like them to best Argentina too so messi can go home and rest for next season..

I'm not taking back my word about Argentina tho. Argentina have not played as a team and messi hasn't stood out after 2 matches. 1 point from a possible 6 with all the names in that Argentine side, there's no excuse!

Messi is the best player but Ronaldo is miles above him in the tournament, it's glaring.
Coutinho has become Neymar's sidekick.
So far Neymar hasn't done well, then Coutinho steps up and is lifting the team.
Probably Neymar might score a hattrick in the quarter finals and then everything will be alright again!

My point

Against Iceland Messi had 3 or 4 players around him and nobody could help out.

Against Croatia Messi became despondent right from the singing of the anthems.

He looked to his left and right and saw Meza, Salvio, Caballero, Tagglifico, Acuna, Enzo Perez.
That was the team selected to play world class Croatia!!

He looked to the bench and saw De Maria, Banega, Dybala, Biglia, Fazio, and Rojo.

I bet Messi probably did want to play that match.

Sampaoli should be sacked, bundled to argentina and charged with treason.

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Edubbs: 12:54pm On Jun 23, 2018
Against Modric, Rakitic, Perisic, Mandzjukic, Vsarko, Lovren.
A coach leaves on the bench;
Dybala, De Maria, Banega, Rojo, Biglia, Fazio.

And features;
Tagglifico, Acuna, Enzo Perez, Meza, Salvio.

What manner of coach does that?

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Leyqute(m): 12:54pm On Jun 23, 2018
Miremoses1:
no no, where are the words bro.

This is how you make a meme.

LoooL

Midget goat grin

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BoleAndFish: 1:01pm On Jun 23, 2018
Edubbs:
Probably Neymar might score a hattrick in the quarter finals and then everything will be alright again!

My point

He looked to his left and right and saw Meza, Salvio, Caballero, Tagglifico, Acuna, Enzo Perez.

He looked to the bench and saw De Maria, Banega, Dybala, Biglia, Fazio, and Rojo.

There are reports that Messi influenced the starting line-up of that match against Croatia.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by raumdeuter: 1:10pm On Jun 23, 2018
RuuDie:

They are if naija beat Argentina by one quarter of that...

Naija lost the head to head to Croatia and I think head to head comes first. Croatia is guaranteed first position
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by naija01: 1:21pm On Jun 23, 2018
raumdeuter:

Naija lost the head to head to Croatia and I think head to head comes first. Croatia is guaranteed first position

No, this is the format
1. Highest number of points
2. Goal difference
3. Goals scored

before the head to head come into play.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/soccer-insider/wp/2018/06/20/all-the-world-cup-tiebreaker-rules-and-knockout-round-scenarios-explained/
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 1:26pm On Jun 23, 2018
usbcable:

Sharaap there.

NEPA no give you light charge phone when your guys were saying it that they are now Argentines.

RM FAM said it then and still saybit over again that Nigeria comes first.

Even in my office its like a curse. Barca fans are praying for Messi not even Argentina to qualify at the expense of Nigeria.

How sick can a fanbase be? No need answering since I know your logic/explanation won't comprehend the nonsense and irrationality of the stance

Sorry

kai undecided

You still don't my point do you undecided

I have seen many Barca/Nigerian fans that say they will support Nigeria on Tuesday, yet I have many that stick with Argentina, point it, You don't use the opinions of some fans to judge the whole fan base, that is prejudicial.

You can't judge people's patriotism through this means and you can't force it on there throat, there are many Spanish nationals that supported Portugal against Spain just because of Ronaldo but nobody judged them,everyone is entitled to his own opinion.

Just because you are fortunate enough not to be in the same kind of Portugal/Nigeria dilemma doesn't mean you should run your mouth like tap water. I'm only supporting Nigeria because Argentina has been piss poor in this world cup and even if they eventually scape through, France is already waiting for them which I think they will never escape an embarrassment.

Like I said earlier, I know many Madrid fans that will give up their kidneys, souls, their fairly used destiny in exchange of a Portugal victory against Nigeria in a world cup final. Don't make anybody feel guilty because Nigeria and Argentina are playing. It is not like they have committed treason or some kind of betrayal.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Edubbs: 2:06pm On Jun 23, 2018
BoleAndFish:
There are reports that Messi influenced the starting line-up of that match against Croatia.
Not true.
De Maria is a very good proof.

Messi would never want De Maria out.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Lana1(m): 2:08pm On Jun 23, 2018
Ronaldo - 4 goals
Lukaku - 4 goals

How many has Messi scored??

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 23, 2018
Edubbs:
Against Modric, Rakitic, Perisic, Mandzjukic, Vsarko, Lovren.

A coach leaves on the bench;

Dybala, De Maria, Banega, Rojo, Biglia, Fazio.

And features;

Tagglifico, Acuna, Enzo Perez, Meza, Salvio.

What manner of coach does that?

Thank God we dodged that bullet

He's worse that valmumude
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Edubbs: 2:42pm On Jun 23, 2018
Lana1:
Ronaldo - 4 goals
Lukaku - 4 goals

How many has Messi scored??
your Ronaldo and your Lukaku better bite Messi by getting to the final and winning the MVP o!

if not I will bring back this post.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Lana1(m): 3:02pm On Jun 23, 2018
Edubbs:
your Ronaldo and your Lukaku better bite Messi by getting to the final and winning the MVP o!

if not I will bring back this post.
Getting to the final is not a trophy. I repeat getting to the finals is not a trophy.
No one remembers the losers.....except Barca fans of course!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 3:18pm On Jun 23, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Edubbs: 3:34pm On Jun 23, 2018
Lana1:
Getting to the final is not a trophy. I repeat getting to the finals is not a trophy.
No one remembers the losers.....except Barca fans of course!
if portugal gets to the quarter final now, like you wouldn't boastfully proclaim;

"ronaldo singlehandedly took his team to the quarter final"
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nihilstjnr: 3:47pm On Jun 23, 2018
ddippset:
lipsrsealed

my guy how far
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 3:52pm On Jun 23, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

my guy how far
lipsrsealed
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by LethargiQue: 4:12pm On Jun 23, 2018
Edubbs:

My point

Look man.. I want to stop making excuses for why messi didn't come out top. I agree it takes more than one player to do it. But in my statement, I didn't blame the team. If the players had seen that brilliance and fighting spirit from their captain, I'm sure they would've been jumped. If messi didn't want to play that match, he would've simply talked to the coach instead of sabotaging it himself, just as you have alleged.

When people say Portugal has the lesser players than Argentina, people will not believe it until someone assumes their role as leader and motivator of the argentine team. Look at Ronaldo even for madrid, whenever they concede, he's always vocal and optimistic about the whole situation. He tries to rally the team to do something and put in his best as well, showing good example.

The last two matches for Argentina, messi was just walking around the pitch feeling blue. Has it ever been said in history that any amount of players stopped a motivated Messi? The ramoses, boatengs, and godins have tried and failed. But a bunch of part time movie directors and school teachers held him? Please.
Let's stop making excuses. I was disappointed very much.

But I know messi will survive somehow.

Moreover, there's no guarentee to any tactics or selection by a coach, it just decreases the odds of a particular outcome. I blame sampaoli too, there are some things he would've done rather he chose to scream and catwalk like a girl scout on the sidelines.

I was just disappointed in Argentina because they could've done more. But it's over now. Nigeria will win and they will be on their way home.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by LordAdamX: 5:10pm On Jun 23, 2018
Edubbs:
if portugal gets to the quarter final now, like you wouldn't boastfully proclaim;

"ronaldo singlehandedly took his team to the quarter final"

Have you ever heard any CR7 fan boast that Ronaldo singlehandedly took Portugal to the 2006 WC semi-final?

And what if someone makes that statement? Messi scored 4 goals in 2014 group stages against the mighty Bosnia, Nigeria, and Iran; then did not score (and made only one assist-his only assist of the tournament) in the Ro16, QF, SF, or Final. He was a passenger in the knockout stages. Yet, you guys can't go a minute without shoving 2014 in our collective faces. Ronaldo has scored 4 goals already in 2 matches. Even if he doesn't score or assist again and Portugal somehow find themselves in the final, he has done as much as Messi did in 2014.

When people say Messi is facing undue criticism, I laff, because the blame should 100% go to his fanatics. You guys have made it your favorite pasttime to sh*t on CR7--an all-time great--on so many occasions, it isn't even funny. Then one time, one time he gets to walk in CR7's shoes, and he falls apart like a pack of cards. You guys practically brought the gasoline, wood, and matchbox to start this fire that's consuming Messi.

Messi could do all things. He could play anywhere with anyone. He is the ultimate team player. He could play all positions. He is alien.

CR7 on the other hand was the exact opposite.

Now, Messi is only human. Messi can have bad tournaments. Messi needs good teammates to succeed. The pressure on him is too much.

No sh*t!

Like everyone who regarded either of CR7, Pele, or Maradona as their personal G.O.A.T knew this except the delusional Messi wanksters.

The chicken has finally come home to roost and your folly has been found out.

-Lord

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 5:53pm On Jun 23, 2018
LordAdamX:

Have you ever heard any CR7 fan boast that Ronaldo singlehandedly took Portugal to the 2006 WC semi-final?

And what if someone makes that statement? Messi scored 4 goals in 2014 group stages against the mighty Bosnia, Nigeria, and Iran; then did not score or assist in the Ro16, QF, SF, or Final. He was a passenger in the knockout stages. Yet, you guys can't go a minute without shoving 2014 in our collective faces. Ronaldo has scored 4 goals already in 2 matches. Even if he doesn't score or assist again and Portugal somehow find themselves in the final, he has done as much as Messi did in 2014.

When people say Messi is facing undue criticism, I laff, because the blame should 100% go to his fanatics. You guys have made it your favorite pasttime to sh*t on CR7--an all-time great--on so many occasions, it isn't even funny. Then one time, one time he gets to walk in CR7's shoes, and he falls apart like a pack of cards. You guys practically brought the gasoline, wood, and matchbox to start this fire that's consuming Messi.

Messi could do all things. He could play anywhere with anyone. He is the ultimate team player. He could play all positions. He is alien.

CR7 on the other hand was the exact opposite.

Now, Messi is only human. Messi can have bad tournaments. Messi needs good teammates to succeed. The pressure on him is too much.

No sh*t!

Like everyone who regarded either of CR7, Pele, or Maradona as their personal G.O.A.T knew this except the delusional Messi wanksters.

The chicken has finally come home to roost and your folly has been found out.

-Lord
Messi had an assist in R16.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3152) (3153) (3154) (3155) (3156) (3157) (3158) ... (6179) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.