Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,588 members, 7,809,128 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (457) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4571269 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (6180) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ksslib(m): 2:06pm On Nov 15, 2014
Barcelona and Spain's dominance is over grin - Busquets & Pedro

The duo feel it is impossible for the club to replicate the success they achieved under their former coach and conceded Spain's golden era is over grin

Peter McVitie
Nov 13, 2014 18:12:20

The reign of dominance that both Barcelona and Spain have enjoyed over the last few years is over, according to Sergio Busquets and Pedro. grin grin

Spain won consecutive European Championships in 2008 and 2012 around their 2010 World Cup win but crashed out of the 2014 edition at the group stages after losing 5-1 to Netherlands and 2-0 to Chile.

Under coach Pep Guardiola, Barcelona won three consecutive league titles, two Champions League crowns and lifted the Club World Cup on two occasions. They also won the Copa del Rey twice, the Supercopa de Espana three times and the Uefa Super Cup twice.

Since Guardiola's departure in 2012, the Blaugrana have lifted just one league title and last season finished second to Atletico Madrid in the league, to whom they crashed out of the Champions League at the quarter-final stage.

Busquets and Pedro both agree that Barcelona and Spain will probably never reach those heights again. grin grin

"We won't go back to seeing the best Barcelona or the best national team," Busquets told reporters.

"It’s difficult because that era, six years ago was so special and there were so many great players," Pedro added, referring to his club. "Like Sergio says, I think it’s going to be difficult to repeat those years when we had so much success, although both Barca and Spain have sufficient quality in their current squads to try to achieve it, that’s what we have to do."

Busquets was then asked to compare Guardiola with current Barca coach Luis Enrique.

"They are very similar," he replied. "Although Luis Enrique has a harder character, Guardiola is the best coach I have had in my career."

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 7:14pm On Nov 15, 2014
According to Xavi, Messi would score more goals in EPL.

I've always believed that.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 8:19pm On Nov 15, 2014
Debroslink:
According to Xavi, Messi would score more goals in EPL.

I've always believed that.

Thank you... wink

But he is going nowhere only Argentina if @ all... tongue grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 4:48am On Nov 16, 2014
PSG are keeping a close eye on Neymar (22), who has a 190M buyout fee. Real Madrid would also monitor the situation of the forward. [sport]
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 16, 2014
dmcdad:
PSG are keeping a close eye on Neymar (22), who has a 190M buyout fee. Real Madrid would also monitor the situation of the forward. [sport]
All of them should Go and Die!! grin

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 7:28am On Nov 16, 2014
bykebyke:

Wicked... grin grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AbuMikey(m): 9:47am On Nov 16, 2014
dmcdad:

Florentino Perez undecided

I'm beginning to like Him cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:15am On Nov 16, 2014
bykebyke:

You dey mind them? Infact, Barca are planning on extending Ney's contract from 2018 to 2020. With that I know his buy-out clause would further increase.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 11:16am On Nov 16, 2014
dmcdad:
LOL. No be only close eye. I think a "d" is missing at the end of the "close".
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 1:14pm On Nov 16, 2014
logica:
LOL. No be only close eye. I think a "d" is missing at the end of the "close".
cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 3:16pm On Nov 16, 2014
Claims Mou doesn't fit his philosophy

Laporta: "I didn't talk to Mendes about Mourinho"

Joan Laporta told Catalan sports daily L'Esportiu that José Mourinho wasn't on the menu during his lunch with Jorge Mendes, claiming he prefers managers of a different ilk. "My kind of coach is in the Cruyff mould. Mou is a good professional and I respect him, but I didn't talk about him with Jorge Mendes, whom I've been good friends with for many years and I discuss things with once in a while. We didn't speak about José".

The former Barcelona president also outlined how he would go about things if he gets re-elected at the Camp Nou: "I wouldn't repeat what I did in 2003. I want to make Barça a benchmark in world football again by innovating while building on the core ideas that made us successful last time round. I would remain faithful to the trademark style implemented by Cruyff and look to foster home-grown talent and Barça's representative role within the country [Catalonia] and, socially speaking, to give back to society some of what it has given the club".

Laporta also once again lambasted Sandro Rosell, Josep Maria Bartomeu and their colleagues for, as he sees it, ripping up the foundations he laid: "It's a huge disappointment, because they've destroyed many of the good things we built, starting with the Johan [Cruyff] model. They're a bunch of leeches. The club used to be looked up to around the world and, because of this board, it no longer is".

http://www.marca.com/en/2014/11/16/en/football/barcelona/1416140379.html

Media will do anything to sell their ****... angry tongue

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 3:23pm On Nov 16, 2014
Honestly, I agree with Laporta completely, he indeed revolutionized Barcelona in 2003 when he purchased Ronaldinho and the likes of Deco, Eto & others in the following year... cool "Beautiful Football was played"... grin

Barca began a dynasty then which later gave birth to the one under Xavi-Messi-Iniesta but we all know we need to re-establish ourselves as that formidable team we all are accustomed to
by supporting Joan Laporta for President... cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by modextus(m): 4:07pm On Nov 16, 2014
Today 11 years ago, Lionel Messi, aged 16, made
his debut for Barcelona, in a friendly against Porto.
And, the rest is history...

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 5:51pm On Nov 16, 2014
coded01:
Honestly, I agree with Laporta completely, he indeed revolutionized Barcelona in 2003 when he purchased Ronaldinho and the likes of Deco, Eto & others in the following year... cool "Beautiful Football was played"... grin

Barca began a dynasty then which later gave birth to the one under Xavi-Messi-Iniesta but we all know we need to re-establish ourselves as that formidable team we all are accustomed to
by supporting Joan Laporta for President... cheesy
Campaign manager I hail thee! cheesy

But seriously, I would want Joan Laporta back. The guys on sit at the moment know little or nothing about football.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 6:30pm On Nov 16, 2014
dmcdad:

Campaign manager I hail thee! cheesy

But seriously, I would want Joan Laporta back. The guys on sit at the moment know little or nothing about football.

Smh... grin grin grin

Honestly, Laporta has the Barcelona philosophy in him... cool

If he wins, i know Barcelona will re-establish itself as the world's untouchables... grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 6:31pm On Nov 16, 2014
modextus:
Today 11 years ago, Lionel Messi, aged 16, made
his debut for Barcelona, in a friendly against Porto.
And, the rest is history...

How time flies! embarassed
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 6:44pm On Nov 16, 2014
Barcelona Players on Loan

At the moment there are five FC Barcelona players who are out on loan and are using that experience with other Spanish clubs and clubs across Europe to continue to develop as footballers. Denis Suárez and Gerard Deulofeu are both at Sevilla, Cristian Tello is at Portuguese club Porto, Ibrahim Afellay is at Greek side Olympiakos and finally Alex Song is with Premier League outfit West Ham. Here we have a look at how they have been getting on in their respective teams since the last break for international matches.

Denis Suárez

The Galician midfielder Suárez is a fixture in Unai Emery’s starting 11 at Sevilla. Since the last break he has started every game and of all the players at Barça out on loan, he is the one who has played the most. The former Celta and Manchester City man has also scored his first goal for the Andalusians, finding the net against Villarreal at home in the Sánchez Pizjuán to clinch a comeback win for Sevilla. In Europe Suárez has played 120 minutes in both games against Belgian side Standard Liege.

Gerard Deulofeu

For his part is gradually becoming more and more important for coach Emery as he has started three of their last four matches. The current UEFA Europa League champions are having an excellent start to the season and currently sit in fifth place in the league, four points behind leaders Real Madrid and two behind Barça.

Deulofeu has played in both Europa League games against Standard in competition in which last season’s winners are already through the next stage. Suárez and Deulofeu both started in the recent Spanish Cup win over Sabadell, Sevilla claiming a 6-1 away victory over the Catalans in the first leg of their last 32 clash.

Cristian Tello

The winger at Porto has been in the starting 11 in the last two league matches for Julen Lopetegui’s side. In total he has played in 8 of their 10 league fixtures so far this season. In his last match in the team they dispatched Arouca away from home with a comfortable 5-0 win. Porto are currently in third place in the league, three points behind leaders Benfica.

In Europe the Sabadell born forward played in both his team’s Champions League clashes with Athletic Bilbao, adding some 142 minutes to his total playing time. The Portuguese club lead Group H with 10 points.

Ibrahim Afellay

The Dutchman has featured prominently for Olympiakos in recent weeks. He started in both important league victories over big rivals Panathinaikos at home and away at Panthrakikos. The Greek side are going well domestically where they are just two points behind leaders PAOK. Afellay started both recent Champions League encounters with Juventus. The team coached by former Real Madrid player Michel are still in with a chance of claiming second place in their group with two games still to play.

Alex Song

Finally Alex Song is making the most of his time at West Ham. He has been in the starting 11 in every match for the London club since the beginning of October and has played all but 20 minutes of those games. Recent highlights include a 2-1 win over Premier League champions Manchester City which has helped them fight their way up to the table to a Champions League position.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/a-look-at-the-fcbarcelona-players-out-on-loan

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 6:52pm On Nov 16, 2014
Joan Laporta was the most successful president in terms of trophies won per year... cool
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:08pm On Nov 16, 2014
coded01:

Smh... grin grin grin

Honestly, Laporta has the Barcelona philosophy in him... cool

If he wins, i know Barcelona will re-establish itself as the world's untouchables... grin
I hope he wins. Infact, he would be poised to do better than he did previously.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 7:17pm On Nov 16, 2014
dmcdad:

I hope he wins. Infact, he would be poised to do better than he did previously.

Definitely... wink
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 8:00pm On Nov 16, 2014
Barcelona are willing to let right back Martin Montoya (23) go in January. Buy back option to be included, loan also possible. [sport]

These guys (board members) are just mad! This is the height of madness from this board. Dang!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 8:07pm On Nov 16, 2014
At 22 years and 280 days, Neymar is the youngest player in history to reach 42 international goals for his national team [via @barca19stats]
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 8:23pm On Nov 16, 2014
dmcdad:
Barcelona are willing to let right back Martin Montoya (23) go in January. Buy back option to be included, loan also possible. [sport]

These guys (board members) are just mad! This is the height of madness from this board. Dang!

I just hope Laporta wins in the upcoming elections, those guys dey vex everybody jare... angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 8:25pm On Nov 16, 2014
Leo Messi's World and European records with FC Barcelona

After scoring twice against Ajax to equal Raúl as the all-time top goalscorer in the Champions League, the Argentinian has added yet another record to a long list

Leo Messi is setting new records every season and his brace on Wednesday night at the Amsterdam Arena secured the latest. He’s equalled Raúl’s record of 71 goals in the Champions League. Here’s a reminder of some of the most prominent records that the Argentinian now holds.

World records

- Only player to ever win all of the Balon d’Or, FIFA World Player, Pichichi and Golden Shoe in the same season (2009/10).

- Youngest three-time winner of the Balon d’Or in January 2012 (24 years, 6 months and 17 days.

- Only person to win four consecutive Balon d’Or trophies (2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012).

- Top scorer in one season of official matches: 73 goals in 2011/12 (50 in La Liga, 14 in Champions League, 3 in Cup, 3 in the Spanish Supercup, 1 in the European Supercup and 2 in the Clubs World Cup.

- Top goalscorer in a calendar year: 96 goals in 2012. 84 for Barça (59 in the Liga, 13 in the Champions League, 5 in the Spanish Cup, 2 in the Spanish Supercup and 5 in friendly matches) and 12 for Argentina.

- Longest scoring run in La Liga (33 goals in 21 consecutive games (2012/13)).

European records

- All-time top goalscorer in the Champions League, tied with Raúl on 71 goals. The Argentinian did it in 90 games while Raúl did it in 142 games for Real Madrid and Schalke 04.

- Only player to be top goalscorer in the Champions League for four consecutive seasons (2008/09 to 2011/12).

- Top goalscorer in a European league in the Golden Shoe era, since 1966/67 (50 goals in 2011/12).

- Top goalscorer in a league (50 goals in 2011/12).

- Top goalscorer in home matches in a league season (35 goals at the Camp Nou in Liga 2011/12).

- Top goalscorer in away matches in a league season (24 goals in Liga 2012/13).

- Most games scoring away from home (15 games and 24 goals in Liga 2012/13).

- Top goalscorer in second half of La Liga (28 goals in the Liga 2011/12).

- Only top goalscorer and top supplier of assists in the same season (50 goals and 15 assists (tied with Özil of Real Madrid) in Liga 2011/12).

- Top overall goalscorer in a season: 75 goals in 2011/12 (50 in La Liga, 14 in the Champions League, 3 in the Cup, 3 in the Spanish Supercup, 1 in the European Supercup, 2 in the Clubs World Cup and 2 in friendlies).

- First player to score in every game for half of a Liga season (30 goals in 19 consecutive games in Liga 2012/13.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/leo-messi-s-world-and-european-records-with-fc-barcelona

See freshness... cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:46pm On Nov 16, 2014
^^^^Nuff said.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 11:31pm On Nov 16, 2014
Can't wait to see this for Barcelona... cool

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mcdreeezy: 8:51pm On Nov 17, 2014
Hmm.....don't have much to say. Just wanted to say Up Barca!!!

And I hope Joan Laporta wins, he's the only true Barcelona president I've ever known.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 9:03pm On Nov 17, 2014
mcdreeezy:
Hmm.....don't have much to say. Just wanted to say Up Barca!!!

And I hope Joan Laporta wins, he's the only true Barcelona president I've ever known.

I agree... wink
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 11:16pm On Nov 17, 2014
Ever since laporta 'the handsome Barca President' left, I knew we could be in for rough seasons, and hellyea, here we are.

Vote' laporta' cheesy

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 12:07am On Nov 18, 2014
eyoniggar:
Ever since laporta 'the handsome Barca President' left, I knew we could be in for rough seasons, and hellyea, here we are.

Vote' laporta'
cheesy

Wish the voting system could be extended to fans like us... cheesy --- Landslide victory is guaranteed!!! cool
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 12:34am On Nov 18, 2014
LOL. Fickle fans. I remember just 4 years ago on this same thread, same people on Rosell's side and against Laporta.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 1:22am On Nov 18, 2014
coded01:

Wish the voting system could be extended to fans like us... cheesy --- Landslide victory is guaranteed!!! cool
Like I mentioned earlier on... Campaign manager.cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (6180) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.