Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (824) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4569414 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) ... (6179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 2:30pm On May 28, 2015
dmcdad:

Bruv c'mon, you don past this thing na! Who is disputing his role? Did I undermine his importance in anyway? Abeg read in between the lines jare. My point is; is this the right time to bring about such controversy? Do you think the team could afford any form of "loss of concentration" now?

If you didn't get what I posted, just ask. I never went against him protesting or undermining his importance. He is as important as even Messi or you name it... But for goodness sake, why this time? He could have waited after the Champions League final as the team can't afford to lose concentration at this juncture. The same reason the board chose not to respond to his comments.

If for nothing else, for the good of the team and the club in general. After the final, the ensuing mysteries no concern me. Albeit, I would want him to be treated well for obvious reasons. But i still maintain, this wasn't the right time to come with controversial statements.

If you don't agree with this, then there is no need quoting you on this anymore.

Except you don't want to be fair to Alves, are you just knowing about his issues with the board? are you saying this issue is new? did this issue not come up seasons before?

There is no time that is right bro, look at his age, if he can't ask for what is good now that hes in form and also at his peak, is it when he drops form or grows older that he should revisit his demands?

Lets be fair to him na.

if you think now is a bad time, when should he bring the issue up? when the ban is lifted so you can do away with him right? you think e no get sense abi? na only barca fan and board get sense?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 2:30pm On May 28, 2015
Eruditor:

1. The coach didn't ask for Suarez. Madrid opted out because of his world cup antics and Barça needed to make a big signing before the transfer Ban. The coach did ask for Rakitic but he was cheap so they gleefully obliged. How about Matthieu and how much they really coughed out for him?

2. Nobody is against Neymar's signing. What is being contended is the duplicity that was involved. It caused us a big fine and eventyally cost Sandro his job yet prior to that he insisted he did the right thing. They bribed Neymar's dad with €10M in 2013.

3. This board refused to review Messi's contract. Don't be fooled by what you read online. Sometimes read through the comments of Cules on credible websites. You'd see that Messi's resolve made them review the contract.

4. The debt profile claptrap you are referring to was Sponsored by Rosell and his minions. Laporta left a healthy Barca managing the baseball, basketball teams etc effectively. Rosell cancelled the baseball team that cost us only €300K a year, yet he spent over €2M to create a beach soccer team that only lasted one year. Rosell sold our Jersey to Qatar and lied it was for their foundation, only to let them splash Qatar airways on the shirt months later.

Rosell cancelled stadium renovation plans of Laporta that would have cost €250M (saying it was too expensive), only to budget €600M for the same thing 2 years later. Rosell planned to sell Messi as part of the plans to raise the money for the stadium. That is why Neymar was signed- to replace Messi. Rosell reasoned that we sold Luis Suarez (best player in the world at his time in the 50s and early 60s) to help fund Nou Camp so he could do same in this era, forgetting that we didn't win a league title for another 14 years after we sold him.

Rosell let Pep go but he lied to the media that he tried to keep Pep. He removed Cryuff as an honorary president of Barca and stopped under 8 children whose parents were registered members from watching free games. Perhaps the worst thing Rosell ever did in his lifetime was helping Florentino Perez to buy Figo. Rosell was instrumental (he was an executive for Nike) in making Figo opt out of his Nike contract so that he could sign for RM because the tradition of the club doesn't matter to Rosell. All he thinks about is MONEY MONEY and more MONEY.

I have serious reservations for him and his stunt double Josep Bartomeu.
The gift of Understanding is a virtue!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 2:43pm On May 28, 2015
nonsoroyalty:

U copied all this from the www.grup14.com website I posted right?
That's what am telling dmcdad
Don't underrate those boards they are devils u can't know what they did to alves that will make him want to leave
Was Alves agitating in the same way earlier this season when he was playing crap?
Why not just wait for this two matches to finish before he starts burning Nou Camp down with his demands?
Only a fool will say Alves has not given his best and everything for Barca,but why all the noise about "disrespect"?
When Alves says "disrespect",what does he actually mean? Is Barca obligated to renew his contract?Or is it because he saw we are under ban and can't sign anyone currently?
He can make all the noise he want,but let him not bring that bullsh*t to our last two finals!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 3:05pm On May 28, 2015
From what I've read about this Alves issue -
Alves wants a 3 years contract with high pay and The board are not willing to agree to his terms!
I kind of support the board, Alves is 32 years and has less than 2 more years of football in him, so why give him a 3 years contract with high pay?

Alves knows we are in a tight position,( transfer ban, under performing Montoya and Douglas), so he is using it to his advantage! I read that during his presser, he said if he leaves, Montoya and Douglas are there! I'm sure he was just mocking the board!

I read a comment where the person said that - Alves is using this as revenge time for what the board did to Abidal.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 4:14pm On May 28, 2015
On this day in 2011, we won the Champions League
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 5:14pm On May 28, 2015
philfearon:

Was Alves agitating in the same way earlier this season when he was playing crap?
Why not just wait for this two matches to finish before he starts burning Nou Camp down with his demands?
Only a fool will say Alves has not given his best and everything for Barca,but why all the noise about "disrespect"?
When Alves says "disrespect",what does he actually mean? Is Barca obligated to renew his contract?Or is it because he saw we are under ban and can't sign anyone currently?
He can make all the noise he want,but let him not bring that bullsh*t to our last two finals!
God go cool down bless you. Same thing I have bene trying to explain. Infact, his demands are not my problem. My bone of contention with him is; why now? It beats the shiit outta me that Honerico was asking me that if not now, when then? I no even fit respond back because if na hater throw that question, I go know how to answer. But from a Culé? Someone that knows what we have at stake in less than 9 days? Ahh, na wa oooooo. Na so we go dey?

Anywayz, some have been arguing against the board and all. And like I said earlier on, alot of us here and on other forums or newsites are just in support of Alves because of the hate they have for the board. Every Cule knows what this board has done to this Club in recent years, yet, it is not enough to not call a spade by its name.

Anywayz, I still maintain that Alves brought this up at the wrong time. If Honerico says Alves was right to bring this right at this time, then it means he is in support of whatever controversy must have sprung up were the board had responded to him. Plus, if he decided that now was the right time, when we have 2 finals at stake, then how come someone is claiming that he truly loves the club? Na wa ooooo.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 5:26pm On May 28, 2015
homesteady:
Alves wants a 3 years contract with high pay and The board are not willing to agree to his terms!
I kind of support the board, Alves is 32 years and has less than 2 more years of football in him, so why give him a 3 years contract with high pay?

Alves knows we are in a tight position,( transfer ban, under performing Montoya and Douglas), so he is using it to his advantage! I read that during his presser, he said if he leaves, Montoya and Douglas are there! I'm sure he was just mocking the board!

I read a comment where the person said that - Alves is using this as revenge time for what the board did to Abidal.
Can you imagine!Dang!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 7:01pm On May 28, 2015
dmcdad:

God go cool down bless you. Same thing I have bene trying to explain. Infact, his demands are not my problem. My bone of contention with him is; why now? It beats the shiit outta me that Honerico was asking me that if not now, when then? I no even fit respond back because if na hater throw that question, I go know how to answer. But from a Culé? Someone that knows what we have at stake in less than 9 days? Ahh, na wa oooooo. Na so we go dey?

Anywayz, some have been arguing against the board and all. And like I said earlier on, alot of us here and on other forums or newsites are just in support of Alves because of the hate they have for the board. Every Cule knows what this board has done to this Club in recent years, yet, it is not enough to not call a spade by its name.

Anywayz, I still maintain that Alves brought this up at the wrong time. If Honerico says Alves was right to bring this right at this time, then it means he is in support of whatever controversy must have sprung up were the board had responded to him. Plus, if he decided that now was the right time, when we have 2 finals at stake, then how come someone is claiming that he truly loves the club? Na wa ooooo.
Exactly..
He is doing the right thing at the wrong time and in the wrong manner through the wrong medium..As if the media will offer him the contract he is seeking!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:36pm On May 28, 2015
philfearon:

Exactly..
He is doing the right thing at the wrong time and in the wrong manner through the wrong medium..As if the media will offer him the contract he is seeking!!
I wonder ooooo.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 9:44pm On May 28, 2015
Luis Suarez's ban for biting Giorgio Chiellini could be appealed in the wake of FIFA's crisis, according to the Uruguayan Footballers' Union (MUFP). Uruguay international Suarez was banned for four months by FIFA after biting Italy's Chiellini at last summer's World Cup in Brazil.
The Barcelona striker, who was contracted to
Liverpool at the time, was also given a nine-match
suspension from international matches -- a decision upheld after the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) rejected an appeal.

His suspension means Suarez will miss this summer's Copa America tournament in Chile, although the MUFP could appeal the sanction.
The MUFP has cited the arrests of football officials,
which includes Uruguayan Eugenio Figueredo, as
reason to challenge the decision.
The body said on its Twitter account: "If Luis Suarez is in agreement, we will ask for the end of the suspension... due to [the player] having been
suspended by an organ suspected of corruption.
"It doesn't matter that the clubs have withdrawn
their complaints because of external pressures, it is time to unite and fight so that justice is done with their funds and the Suarez sanction.
"He was a victim, without doubt, of this alleged
corruption."

On Wednesday, Swiss authorities arrested several top FIFA officials and plan to extradite them to the
United States, where they will face federal corruption charges.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Eruditor: 1:24am On May 29, 2015
philfearon:

The gift of Understanding is a virtue!

You were being sarcastic. I was showing you how misplaced the sarcasm was.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Eruditor: 1:41am On May 29, 2015
homesteady:

I once read where Dennis Bergkamp advised young players to demand what they could whilst still playing because everything would change when the clubs don't need you anymore. Word has it that Bergkamp asked Ajax for £500K per year salary as a coach and they said it was too much yet only 2 or 3years ago if he had asked for £5M they would have given it to him without hesitation.

Only few weeks ago, Mancity gave Yaya Toure €1M to mark his birthday. Yaya had complained that he didn't get a cake from the club and to prove to him that he is important they did something big this year. That's respect.

Daniel Alves has been very important to the success of Barça since 2008. He had been the best RB in the world for sometime and is very instrumental in maintaining team chemistry and balance due to his very sociable persona. For his many contributions he doesn't need to remind the board about how to value him. It doesn't need to be a long contract. They can give him a generous bonus for his contribution whilst tabling the 1 or at most 2 year extension on his contract. That's respect.

There are different ways to show respect and every player can tell when they are valued by a club. Xavi was offered a 3 year contract that he turned down. He would've been 38 by then so how is a 32 year old asking for more than a year extension so egregious?

The fact remains that we do not have all the dynamics. We can only speculate. A 3year contract is too much but giving him a bonus, to me, is not out of place, especially for his past contributions. I also do not think Alves has any issues with the team, nor are his complaints directed at his fellow players. So I don't see where the team chemistry gets infringed. Alves said he is 200% committed to the team but not so much to the board. That's clear enough.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Eruditor: 1:43am On May 29, 2015
nonsoroyalty:

U copied all this from the www.grup14.com website I posted right?
That's what am telling dmcdad
Don't underrate those boards they are devils u can't know what they did to alves that will make him want to leave

Yes and No. I knew some of them before but yes, I read the 2 links you posted there. Chapters 1 and 4.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 6:59am On May 29, 2015
Eruditor:

I once read where Dennis Bergkamp advised young players to demand what they could whilst still playing because everything would change when the clubs don't need you anymore. Word has it that Bergkamp asked Ajax for £500K per year salary as a coach and they said it was too much yet only 2 or 3years ago if he had asked for £5M they would have given it to him without hesitation.

Only few weeks ago, Mancity gave Yaya Toure €1M to mark his birthday. Yaya had complained that he didn't get a cake from the club and to prove to him that he is important they did something big this year. That's respect.

Daniel Alves has been very important to the success of Barça since 2008. He had been the best RB in the world for sometime and is very instrumental in maintaining team chemistry and balance due to his very sociable persona. For his many contributions he doesn't need to remind the board about how to value him. It doesn't need to be a long contract. They can give him a generous bonus for his contribution whilst tabling the 1 or at most 2 year extension on his contract. That's respect.

There are different ways to show respect and every player can tell when they are valued by a club. Xavi was offered a 3 year contract that he turned down. He would've have been 38 by then so how is a 32 year old asking for more than a year extension so egregious?

The fact remains that we do not have all the dynamics. We can only speculate. A 3year contract is too much but giving him a bonus, to me, is not out of place, especially for his past contributions. I also do not think Alves has any issues with the team, nor are his complaints directed at his fellow players. So I don't see where the team chemistry gets infringed. Alves said he is 200% committed to the team but not so much to the board. That's clear enough.
supported. Even if he was always playing crap, alvez was always one of the fighters on the pitch and even in the press room. You could always see the blood in his eyes during games. A 3 year contract for him would not be too much of a bonanza.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 7:31am On May 29, 2015
Eruditor:

You were being sarcastic. I was showing you how misplaced the sarcasm was.
OK bro.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 7:56am On May 29, 2015
I still maintain that Alves should b attended to.
Any ignoring by the board is lack of respect to me.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Eruditor: 8:25am On May 29, 2015
ddippset:
supported. Even if he was always playing crap, alvez was always one of the fighters on the pitch and even in the press room. You could always see the blood in his eyes during games. A 3 year contract for him would not be too much of a bonanza.

I know some clubs don't like to give players over 30 anything longer than a year's extension. That's why I just think they can table €1M and maintain the salary with the condition that if we win another major trophy the following season he could get another contract and a bonus. CR7 did something similar to the RM board when he was scoring goals but not celebrating because he felt undervalued by the RM board.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 1:23pm On May 29, 2015
Eruditor and ddipset u guys are getting my point thank alves deserve more if the board can give xavi 3year till he turns 38 why won't they do the same to alves? Till he gets 35
Now dmcdad and co are saying its not the right time when do u want him to say it? After the treble? When the board will dump him like abidal? And guardiola?

And dmcdad how is this issue going to affect the team chemistry or whatever u call it?

He said he is commited to the team and not the board
After messi fought with enrique did it affect the team to make us trophyless? Didn't we bounce back from it be logical man
There is no way this issue will affect the team if we loose its because we loss simple
If I was alves I would do more cause I know the board will dump me after the treble or transfer ban is complete
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 2:17pm On May 29, 2015
nonsoroyalty:
Eruditor and ddipset u guys are getting my point thank alves deserve more if the board can give xavi 3year till he turns 38 why won't they do the same to alves? Till he gets 35
Now dmcdad and co are saying its not the right time when do u want him to say it? After the treble? When the board will dump him like abidal? And guardiola?

And dmcdad how is this issue going to affect the team chemistry or whatever u call it?

After messi fought with enrique did it affect the team to make us trophyless? Didn't we bounce back from it be logical man
There is no way this issue will affect the team if we loose its because we loss simple
If I was alves I would do more cause I know the board will dump me after the treble or transfer ban is complete
That's pure fallacy...
You can't want and not want!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 29, 2015
philfearon:

That's pure fallacy...
Stop confusing urself its not fallacy if he is not commited to the team won't he still be in a bad form?

I rest my case on this
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:52pm On May 29, 2015
nonsoroyalty:

Were you the one who actually typed the above? I feel crest-fallen. And to that effect, I won't react to your post. It is now confirmed that the amount of hate some of us have for this board has beclouded our thinking. It's a pity!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:54pm On May 29, 2015
philfearon:

That's pure fallacy...
Hey Phil, I'd advise you stop the argument with these guys. Let's leave everything to bed.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 2:58pm On May 29, 2015
dmcdad:

Hey Phil, I'd advise you stop the argument with these guys. Let's leave everything to bed.
No problem bro!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 3:01pm On May 29, 2015
nonsoroyalty:

Stop confusing urself its not fallacy if he is not commited to the team won't he still be in a bad form?

I rest my case on this
oh I forgot that he is playing free of charge!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 3:20pm On May 29, 2015
Suarez is fit to play tomorrows game.
Treble is coming!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 29, 2015
Hehehehegrin

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackodam: 6:06pm On May 29, 2015
bykebyke:
Hehehehegrin

badt guy!!!!
grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 9:57pm On May 29, 2015
BREAKING NEWS: Santos to sue over Neymar transfer
The club are seeking compensation after claiming they were swindled out of vast sums of money during the sale of the Brazil captain two years ago
goal.com

Haaa! Where are this ones coming out from again? The evil ones are hell bent on destroying our club!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 29, 2015
cheesy

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 11:33pm On May 29, 2015
homesteady:
The club are seeking compensation after claiming they were swindled out of vast sums of money during the sale of the Brazil captain two years ago
goal.com

Haaa! Where are this ones coming out from again? The evil ones are hell bent on destroying our club!
What do you expect when you are treble bound and your jealous worst enemy is
trophyless? They are gonna try all means to get you distracted from the main goal. It's left for you to recognise and deal with it accordingly.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 1:48am On May 30, 2015
Yay! Match day!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 1:51am On May 30, 2015
homesteady:
goal.com

Leave those ones! Na noise them dey make. Them don dey talk this same "sue" matter since the signing of Neymar.

Madrid dey push them, them sef dey go. Nothing fit stop our treble.

(1) (2) (3) ... (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) ... (6179) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.