Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,700 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (862) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4555922 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (859) (860) (861) (862) (863) (864) (865) ... (6170) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 6:52pm On Jul 01, 2015
dmcdad:

That's a curse! Dang! And sometimes people don't wanna know if he is the architect or not. They are just after the goals. But I trust my guy, him no dey force am at all. If e come, good. If e no come, then life continues.

With Argentina, god-Messi is an attacking midfielder. There are times he drops so deep, you'd think he's a CMF. He's to Argentina, what Xavi and Iniesta used to be for our beloved barca. It's hard to score in his position, plus the fact he doesn't raise his hands up to signal for his teammate (most times to another attacker) to pass him the ball. Neither does he sulk when someone else scores.

I stayed up at night to watch game, and it was Worth it!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 7:03pm On Jul 01, 2015
larryChockode:
i dont buy that idea too but you have to admit it, the reason barca are after him is because he is clearly better than rakitic. i dont care what anyone says but pogba is capable of doing times two of what rakitic did last season. iniesta still has 2 to 3 good seasons ahead of him. it wuld be sad to see iniesta on the bench because he is one of the best playmaker to ever grace this game. think about it. now that xavi has left, who is going to cool the tempo of games when needed? iniesta. what i am trying to say in essence is that if we had a player like pogba in place of rakitic last season, i dont think we would be thinking about getting a new midfielder now rather we would be thinking of a la masia successor for iniesta in the coming two to three season. players like samper, denis suarez or even hallilovic.
No no no no!
I strongly don't buy into this view bro.
There is no connection whatsoever between Rakitic in this.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 7:11pm On Jul 01, 2015
What will become the fate of haters and critics if Messi wins Copa America?

What will be their next words of hate? Does the guy need a world Cup trophy to still cement his status as the G. O.A.T?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:21pm On Jul 01, 2015
Mcleo007:

With Argentina, god-Messi is an attacking midfielder. There are times he drops so deep, you'd think he's a CMF. He's to Argentina, what Xavi and Iniesta used to be for our beloved barca. It's hard to score in his position, plus the fact he doesn't raise his hands up to signal for his teammate (most times to another attacker) to pass him the ball. Neither does he sulk when someone else scores.

The pass he gave to Pastore before Maria scored from Pastore's rebounded shot would have easily been a goal by the demi-god were he to take a step further. But then, there is no obsession in scoring whatsoever. That is class!

I would still say this again and again... This Messi is head and shoulders above the 2012 Messi despite the latter's 91 goal haul. The guy is reinventing himself with each passing game. This past season he scored with his weaker foot many times. Something we ain't used to in the past. He also scored more headers this past season. Again, something we ain't used to. Made more dribbles. More chances created. More tackles. More interceptions. What more? The only skill-set eluding his grasp now is goalkeeping.cheesycheesycheesy I bet he would be great at that too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:22pm On Jul 01, 2015
philfearon:
No no no no! I strongly don't buy into this view bro. There is no connection whatsoever between Rakitic in this.
I am just stunned! shockedshockedshocked
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Chanchit: 7:23pm On Jul 01, 2015
Debroslink:

What will be their next words of hate? Does the guy need a world Cup trophy to still cement his status as the G. O.A.T?

As e dey go now, some people can sacrifice their only son for Argentina not to win that cup, I know them, you would think they don't know any tournament is going on, let argentina fail to win that cup, they would all crawl out of their caves.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:25pm On Jul 01, 2015
Debroslink:

Bro... You need not a prophet to remind you that even if he comes out triumphant after Saturday's encounter, haterz would still demand for a World Cup.

Messi is The GOAT. Neither World Cup nor Copa America would change that. They would only add to his already staggering legacy.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 7:26pm On Jul 01, 2015
Debroslink:

They(Krasid and co) would say he did not score hat-trick in the tournament.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:26pm On Jul 01, 2015
larryChockode:
so you would rather have pogba in place of iniesta? what you smoking?
shockedshockedshockedlipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealed
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:27pm On Jul 01, 2015
sebod:

Ohh that's true! That he needs to score a hatrick in 3 consecutive games like CR7 did. #Pathetic.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:29pm On Jul 01, 2015
Chanchit:

As e dey go now, some people can sacrifice their only son for Argentina not to win that cup, I know them, you would think they don't know any tournament is going on, let argentina fail to win that cup, they would all crawl out of their caves.
God bless you jare. You know whats up. Feigning ignorance since 100BC.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Krasid(m): 7:30pm On Jul 01, 2015
Debroslink:

A 12-team copa america doesn't change anything.Until Messi delivers a World cup for Argentina, Maradona will always be king of Argentina.He has no excuse for not delivering the WC for a nation that has a high pedigree in football such as Argentina.He will gain a little respect if he wins the CA, but he just has to win that WC for Argentina.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by marqueetim(m): 7:37pm On Jul 01, 2015
Mr Krasid let your Maradona go and win 32 team UCL four times.How many club in Europe can even boast of that? Funny Argument. As if to win a world cup is a one man thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Krasid(m): 7:42pm On Jul 01, 2015
sebod:

Messi has scored 1 goal (a penalty) in his last 8 games for Argentina and in all the matches he has played in the Copa america.He has played well and I am no hypocrite that will criticise him for his goal drought.But If it was CR7, Barca fans would have been blowing their penaldo trumpets all over Nairaland which is hypocritical.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by marqueetim(m): 7:58pm On Jul 01, 2015
You can't really blame anyone for that. Because its only Goals that we know him for.There is nothing special about his game apart from that.
Krasid:
Messi has scored 1 goal (a penalty) in his last 8 games for Argentina and in all the matches he has played in the Copa america.He has played well and I am no hypocrite that will criticise him for his goal drought.But If it was CR7, Barca fans would have been blowing their penaldo trumpets all over Nairaland which is hypocritical.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 8:05pm On Jul 01, 2015
marqueetim:
You can't really blame anyone for that. Because its only Goals that we know him for.There is nothing special about his game apart from that.
Gbam!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Krasid(m): 8:35pm On Jul 01, 2015
marqueetim:
Then it is either you do not watch him play or have been turning a blind eye to his game.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by marqueetim(m): 9:06pm On Jul 01, 2015
like what please? any memorable run? slalom? pass/assist? or which blind eye again?
Krasid:
Then it is either you do not watch him play or have been turning a blind eye to his game.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 9:25pm On Jul 01, 2015
Krasid:

Play your Penaldo in same role as god-Messi, and you'd see a completely useless player. Even a Rodrigo Palacio would do better as a playmaker.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 9:26pm On Jul 01, 2015
Mcleo007:

Play your Penaldo in same role as god-Messi, and you'd see a completely useless player. Even a Rodrigo Palacio would do better as a playmaker.
True.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 9:29pm On Jul 01, 2015
dmcdad:
You know it's Messi when this happens...

Those players should begrateful to have been brought down flat by the great one. I tell you, many would kill to switch positions with them. History would remember them for this!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 01, 2015
Mcleo007:

Why dem kon dey call for Hazard head say hin no dey score for Belgium when Oga boss like Messi sef dey find am hard to replicate Club form for country.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 10:20pm On Jul 01, 2015
Mcleo007:

Those players should begrateful to have been brought down flat by the great one. I tell you, many would kill to switch positions with them. History would remember them for this!
This is so funny really!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 11:06pm On Jul 01, 2015
larryChockode:
so you would rather have pogba in place of iniesta? what you smoking?

shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Guy na a whole Dmcdad oh! angry grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:08pm On Jul 01, 2015
Mcleo007:

cheesycheesycheesy True.

Like John Terry said, that he is glad to have played against Messi as he is gonna tell the story of how he tested himself against the very best. #RespectLeo

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 11:13pm On Jul 01, 2015
jimmy4x:

Why dem kon dey call for Hazard head say hin no dey score for Belgium when Oga boss like Messi sef dey find am hard to replicate Club form for country.

Smh... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:13pm On Jul 01, 2015
jimmy4x:

Sorry mate. Kevin de Bruyne is Belgium's best player. At least for the past 18months or more. It's not about not scoring, but about total contribution.

How many goals did Ronaldinho score? Far less than what a goal monster like Eto'o scored when they were together at Barça. But, who was the master? I rest my case.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:14pm On Jul 01, 2015
coded01:

shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Guy na a whole Dcmdad oh! angry grin
cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 11:16pm On Jul 01, 2015
jimmy4x:

What do you mean by that sir? undecided Chelsea fan alert!

Were you not watching this Copa America? What more form of replication do you expect of god-Messi? They play him alone in a 5 aside against other teams?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 12:58am On Jul 02, 2015
Krasid:
What else has cr7 got to offer if not goals?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 3:33am On Jul 02, 2015
dmcdad:

I am just stunned! shockedshockedshocked
Lol...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Krasid(m): 8:41am On Jul 02, 2015
dmcdad:

The pass he gave to Pastore before Maria scored from Pastore's rebounded shot would have easily been a goal by the demi-god were he to take a step further. But then, there is no obsession in scoring whatsoever. That is class!

I would still say this again and again... This Messi is head and shoulders above the 2012 Messi despite the latter's 91 goal haul. The guy is reinventing himself with each passing game. This past season he scored with his weaker foot many times. Something we ain't used to in the past. He also scored more headers this past season. Again, something we ain't used to. Made more dribbles. More chances created. More tackles. More interceptions. What more? The only skill-set eluding his grasp now is goalkeeping.cheesycheesycheesy I bet he would be great at that too.
He is in his peak now.He will decline in the next few years.

(1) (2) (3) ... (859) (860) (861) (862) (863) (864) (865) ... (6170) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Franktom247(m), andrewbaba44, udatso, zeusis(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.