Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,814 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Hijab Help - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hijab Help (2651 Views)

Islamic Indonesia Fights Against The Jilboob (tight Hijab) / What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? / Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hijab Help by kanmi22(f): 12:33am On May 18, 2011
salam alaikum sisters, i am getting married soon and i need some help. I am having my wedding dress customized in order to accommodate the modest Islamic look. however, my seamstress don't know about the hijab measurement and need me to provide it. Can someone help me with the measurement needed to make this hijabs please?
Thank u so much in advance.

Re: Hijab Help by Sweetnecta: 2:40am On May 18, 2011
cover everything, except the face, the wrist downward to the tip of your finger if you want and the ankle to the sole of your feet, if you to not cover everything.

the cloth must not be tight to hug your body as to reveal your shape. the dress must not show the neck, part of the chest or side of the face so much so that it will be able to lead anyone to some imagination of what is not covered.

neither of the two pictures above is adequate enough to perform salah.

woman as well as man must always dress adequately in the presence of strangers, in a manner that they can enter salah.

my sister, i wish you success in your future undertakings. Amin. everything is for Allah in the manner that His Messenger [AS] taught us.

Allah is the Knower of All.
Re: Hijab Help by nuesaweso(f): 9:47pm On May 19, 2011
;d
Re: Hijab Help by kanmi22(f): 10:02pm On May 20, 2011
Sweetnecta:

cover everything, except the face, the wrist downward to the tip of your finger if you want and the ankle to the sole of your feet, if you to not cover everything.

the cloth must not be tight to hug your body as to reveal your shape. the dress must not show the neck, part of the chest or side of the face so much so that it will be able to lead anyone to some imagination of what is not covered.

neither of the two pictures above is adequate enough to perform salah.

woman as well as man must always dress adequately in the presence of strangers, in a manner that they can enter salah.

my sister, i wish you success in your future undertakings. Amin. everything is for Allah in the manner that His Messenger [AS] taught us.

Allah is the Knower of All.

Thanks for the advice but i can choose to wear anything i want that i deem appropriate for my belief and not what you want me to. If you choose to cover everything up on your wedding day, its your choice and not my problem. You dont make life difficult, I personally believe that with the appropriate dress, i am satisfied with the scarf above, if you cant help with the question, why make things worse? I am a proud muslim and I dress appropriate with my scarf everyday to work and school and i don't wear jeribaba like you stated but guess what? its all about doing good, one mind with others, following all 5pillars of islam, respect the quran including the hadith. I am trying my best and still striving to do more, so please don't tell me what to wear for any reason.
Thanks for the input anyways!
I found what i need already anyways.
Re: Hijab Help by Sweetnecta: 12:29am On May 21, 2011
@Kanmi22; As sSalaamualaykum wa Rahmatullah. i am a male not a female. i am not making anything hard for you, but telling you what Allah through His Messenger [AS] commanded on female.

I am sure that when you pray alone, you do not just cover your hair as in the 'scarf' as you expressed, above? definitely you do not do that in congregational salah? if this is the case, why do you think even a bit of the neck and or the chest areas as in the pictures above will be appropriate?

islam is an easy religion which there are minimum expectations in the areas that people will engage in. for example man is required to cover with 2 pieces of white clothe for hajj and or umrah rites while women are to cover as she would in prayer.

woman gets a lot of blessing and reward as she is covered in obedience to Allah, while man is not in this group of this people receiving rewards in mere wearing of clothe to cover themselves.

a woman is identified by her wears while a man is by his beard.

in my marriage, i simply remind my wife that she should imagine herself in front of Allah each time of her life out in the public domain. read surah ahzab to see what is said about covering and research related hadith/sunnah. for example women are not to shave their head while men are as part of the rights of hajj.

however if i wrong you, i sincerely apologize. i do not make up anything, and i do not deny anything in islam, wish you well.

salaama.
Re: Hijab Help by kanmi22(f): 12:42am On May 21, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@Kanmi22; As sSalaamualaykum wa Rahmatullah. i am a male not a female. i am not making anything hard for you, but telling you what Allah through His Messenger [AS] commanded on female.

I am sure that when you pray alone, you do not just cover your hair as in the 'scarf' as you expressed, above? definitely you do not do that in congregational salah? if this is the case, why do you think even a bit of the neck and or the chest areas as in the pictures above will be appropriate?

islam is an easy religion which there are minimum expectations in the areas that people will engage in. for example man is required to cover with 2 pieces of white clothe for hajj and or umrah rites while women are to cover as she would in prayer.

woman gets a lot of blessing and reward as she is covered in obedience to Allah, while man is not in this group of this people receiving rewards in mere wearing of clothe to cover themselves.

a woman is identified by her wears while a man is by his beard.

in my marriage, i simply remind my wife that she should imagine herself in front of Allah each time of her life out in the public domain. read surah ahzab to see what is said about covering and research related hadith/sunnah. for example women are not to shave their head while men are as part of the rights of hajj.

however if i wrong you, i sincerely apologize. i do not make up anything, and i do not deny anything in islam, wish you well.

salaama.

Yes, thanks. Masalam.
Re: Hijab Help by tpia5: 3:33am On May 31, 2013
what determines the hijab style?

i mean how do you decide the type and extent of covering, just curious.

(1) (Reply)

Allah Commands His Servants To Supplicate To Him, For Their Welfare In This Life / Prayers For Muslims Trying To Conceive / Why Are Muslim Suffering?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.