Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview, 2011 - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview, 2011 (24707 Views)

Dangote Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview/ Training 2015 / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 / KPMG Graduate Trainee 2014(test Of June 14 @ Chams) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview, 2011 by mcgboye(m): 8:59am On Jul 22, 2011
@sges
I'm indeed very happy u've moved on. My worry was dat u would dwell too much on this and miss the big pix God is planning for u. Like said, you should have plenty to learn from this experience, if nothing else. When the next opportunity comes, because I'm sure it will come, be sure to make urself too good not to be employed
Re: KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview, 2011 by sges: 9:49am On Jul 22, 2011
@mcgboye: Thank you all along. "Make yourself too good not to be employed?" That's not clear to me please. Let me more into it.
Re: KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview, 2011 by mcgboye(m): 8:51pm On Jul 22, 2011
@sges
I'll explain. You got to the Partner-level, and according to you, he seemed to have implied that he was looking forward to working with you. So what happened? Among the myriad of people who got to that level, some people would have made it. I can confirm that KPMG interview is largely merit-driven, so for you to have been dropped means the partner, though impressed by you, would have thought you were "expendable", in favour of someone else who apparently showed something extra. However, the fact that you got to the partner level means that there's absolutely nothing wrong with your interview skills, and that 9 times out of 10 you'll probably have secured employment. So you're fine. But the question remains "what did the other guy do extra?". Well, it's hard to say. But I recall that in my first job, I impressed the MD so much that he took over the interview and asked me to come for another "chat" with him alone. The HRM told me later it was unprecedented. That's my point. You've got to give that extra thing at your next interview. Of cos it's not set in stone, but it's essential you raise the bar. Too much grammar abi? Good luck

1 Like

Re: KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview, 2011 by sges: 1:53pm On Jul 26, 2011
Thanks.
Re: KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview, 2011 by ajirapsy(m): 2:41pm On Jul 26, 2011
This thread is really fabulous. Have been able to pick up few things. Keep up the good work. But i have a question. I just recieved a mail asking me to come for the Aptitude test dis friday. But my worry is this: Of all d requirements, i seem not to be meeting 1. They said minimum of 5credits in one sitting but alas i'm using combined result. D 1st one wit 4c's & d 2nd with 3c's &1B. But i have 1st Class in B.Sc. Statistics. So i dnt knw if i should give it a try or 4get abt it & hope for better offers. Plx advice,
Re: KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview, 2011 by ednut1(m): 3:19pm On Jul 26, 2011
^^ am sure ur 1st class is 4rm private uni, dere no harm in tryin sha
Re: KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview, 2011 by ajirapsy(m): 3:49pm On Jul 26, 2011
ednut1:

^^ am sure your 1st class is 4rm private uni, dere no harm in tryin sha
Thanks for 4 thinking dat "some" pple cannot rise through d ranks. My SSCE result hapnd 2 be as a result of loss of concentration back in Secondary Sch. Then to ans ur curiousity. I graduated not from a Private University but from the University of Ilorin. Unfortunately, due 2 d "i want to be in skl" syndrome that has seriously permeated the minds of all fresh Sec. Sch. Leavers, i didnt take much interest in re-taking the SSCE after i rediscovered my form . Which even earned me d 2nd best result in IJMB A levels with a massive 13pts in A level maths, physics & chemistry before i got admitted to the University. I only had a break in transmission & came back with a bang! Oh i see, you had good grades in your SSCE & l8r graduated with a 2.2, i'm very sorry. I have many of u as frnds, No offence bro. I still need your honest advice as to whether i shld go or not ppl. Thanks
Re: KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview, 2011 by ednut1(m): 4:26pm On Jul 26, 2011
Wat a small world am in 400 accounting unilorin, 4.42 gp, ican pe2 one more 2 go b4 am chartered, and ma ssce 5 distintion. So no try me bro, pwc, kpmg, delliote, ey, accenture i go enta one sha

2 Likes

Re: KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview, 2011 by olajide3: 5:25pm On Jul 26, 2011
@ajirapsy; don`t just lose dt great opportunity.u said "u graduated with first class". with dt i think d issue of O-level will b over look.Just go 4 d interview. Best of luck

Pls, how did u submit ur CV?
Is it through E-mail? wat is their E -mail address
pls reply me
his is my E-mail address: ahmed10th@yahoo.com
Re: KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview, 2011 by ajirapsy(m): 6:05pm On Jul 26, 2011
ednut1:

Wat a small world am in 400 accounting unilorin, 4.42 gp, ican pe2 one more 2 go b4 am chartered, and ma ssce 5 distintion. So no try me bro, pwc, kpmg, delliote, ey, accenture i go enta one sha
Jst like d yorubas will "if you throw a stone into d market, it may hit ur household member". Keep it up & thank God u didnt lose focus along d way. That was wat happend to me, but i thank God for what i have achieved so far.
ola jide:

@ajirapsy; don`t just lose dt great opportunity.u said "u graduated with first class". with dt i think d issue of O-level will b over look.Just go 4 d interview. Best of luck

Pls, how did u submit your CV?
Is it through E-mail? wat is their E -mail address
pls reply me
his is my E-mail address: ahmed10th@yahoo.com
thanks for d words of encouragememt. Check ur inbox.
Re: KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview, 2011 by fidelism: 9:12am On Jul 27, 2011
Pls is there any one who passed the june kpmg aptitude test? How far have you gone? Thanks
Re: KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview, 2011 by spothot: 10:08am On Jul 28, 2011
Pls guys, i just had my manager interview yesterday. Do you guys think i can still be recruited this september 'cos it's up to a year since i wrote the test. Also, is it only in sept that new intakes come in
Re: KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview, 2011 by rocean: 4:38pm On Jul 28, 2011
NIGERIAN LATEST JOBS https://www.bombshell.info CHECK FOR BEST Kpmg Graduate Trainee NIGERIAN JOBS ONLINE TODAY CLICK HERE
Re: KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview, 2011 by spothot: 3:22am On Jul 29, 2011
@mcgboye & others pls ur response
Re: KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview, 2011 by spothot: 8:37pm On Jul 29, 2011
pls ur response
Re: KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview, 2011 by subtle: 12:26am On Jul 30, 2011
@spothot,Yes, u cld stil join in the sept batch and secondly it isnt only in september they bring in freshers.Just pray they hasten up a bit in scheduling ur next interview which hopefully wud be ur last.Anyways,I wish u d best.
Re: KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview, 2011 by dachap03: 6:27am On Jul 31, 2011
Nice contributions pple

I did the first interview in June and av not heard frm them ever since. I don't even know if I was successful or not.

cheers
Re: KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview, 2011 by eroticme: 11:45pm On Aug 02, 2011
@Mcgboye and all, I have just been invited for KPMG aptitude test on Saturday 11 August. Pls can you give me d format and tips of d test. Am counting on you.
Re: KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview, 2011 by Efehiaea(f): 8:27pm On Aug 03, 2011
I was invited for the aptitude test in june but replied to be rescheduled in August to give me time to prepare and take permission from our RI cos i'm serving in katsina. I was later sent a mail july 25th to come for d test. This time i didnt show up cos i was expecting August cos my sch will b on hols by den and i didnt send a mail, dont know if it was wrong to do such
Also is it true that once a person fails a stage in d recruitment process, d person cant apply for a job in KPMG again. Thnx
Re: KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview, 2011 by Efehiaea(f): 8:30pm On Aug 03, 2011
I was invited for the aptitude test in june but replied to be rescheduled in August to give me time to prepare and take permission from our RI cos i'm serving in katsina. I was later sent a mail july 25th to come for d test. This time i didnt show up cos i was expecting August cos my sch will b on hols by den and i didnt send a mail, dont know if it was wrong to do such
Also is it true that once a person fails a stage in d recruitment process, d person cant apply for a job in KPMG again. Thnx
Re: KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview, 2011 by vanSully: 6:34pm On Aug 05, 2011
@Sges, Man its quite painful but move on bro.
I met the partner 2 weeks ago (thursday) and was called the next monday for a medical(Tuesday last week).
The doc made it known to me that my blood pressure is on the high side and gave me some advice.
Its getting to 2 weeks now and no news from KPMG. I just hope there is time though cos they said the training school opens by September.
I pray God will help us all!
Re: KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview, 2011 by fidelism: 5:51pm On Aug 06, 2011
@ van_sully, pls when did u write d aptitude test?
Re: KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview, 2011 by vanSully: 6:11pm On Aug 06, 2011
#fidelism, on the 17th of June. Thx
Re: KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview, 2011 by subtle: 10:20pm On Aug 16, 2011
Pls, I would like to know wat cld actually go wrong after undergoing the kpmg medical tests?
Re: KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview, 2011 by moquo1: 10:30pm On Aug 16, 2011
@Subtle, When did u do the medicals? I think they have started calling those for Audit but for tax i doubt. A friend was given the invite for the training program today and at thesame time he was asked to go and do the medicals, He was given the note for the hospital and was later called to collect the letter so i think it is a batch thing. But all these u can call to confirm. What do u think?
Re: KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview, 2011 by subtle: 1:25am On Aug 17, 2011
@moquo1, I had my medicals done last two weeks.I just got a bit worried cos a girl had the medicals with on the same day was called today to pick her letter.Are u saying ur friend was given a letter on the same day he had his medicals done?
Re: KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview, 2011 by Goldenskin: 9:43am On Aug 17, 2011
@Subtle am in the same boat with you. A lady I did medicals with about 2 weeks ago was called yesterday and is currently on her way to pick up letter. Maybe it's in stages. Are you a qualified member of ICAN?
Re: KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview, 2011 by subtle: 10:07am On Aug 17, 2011
@goldenskin, I am not a member of ICAN.I read Industrial Chemistry in my first degree and the girl in question studied accounting.I dont really knw if that has something to do with the so called batch thing.Lets just hope we are called soon.I dont like this suspense.
Re: KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview, 2011 by swtlv: 12:21pm On Sep 05, 2011
i just received my offer letter from KPMG. training starts on 12th of sept.
Re: KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview, 2011 by emmanjo: 11:44am On Sep 06, 2011
@swtlv. Congratulations!!! Pls i would like to know their pay package, a close range will be ok. I am still at the 3rd stage interview although i'm still serving.
Re: KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview, 2011 by sges: 4:57pm On Sep 06, 2011
sges:

I passed the KPMG test in February 24th 2011. I had the first interview on the 5th May, the second, 25th May and the third with a Partner on the 16th July. Got congratulatory messages after the first two stages of interview. Can anyone please give an info? What exactly happens next after the Partner interview? Is there anything wrong not getting a message as to what your status is as I got earlier after the first two stages? Please I need to hear something from a reliable source. Thanks all.
Re: KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview, 2011 by delta12(m): 5:05pm On Sep 06, 2011
Efehiaea:

Have u done the test now, If not, you can send them an email stating that you could not write the test. If u know anybody that works there, you can also ask him/her to discuss with the HR. if u don't, send me a text of your details on 08039754105 (you may not use ur number) but pls start with your Nairaland Name.
Wish you all the best.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? / Massive Recruitment At Federal Medical Center, Gombe (116 Positions) / N100k Job In Ibadan Or N200k Job In VI Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.