Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Lagos roofing contractor. - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos roofing contractor. (44992 Views)

A Roofing Project For A Nairalander By A Nairalander (pictures) / I'm Looking For A Roofing Expert / In Need Of A Roofing Quote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos roofing contractor. by samla(m): 11:11am On Aug 18, 2011
so call us now:
allen adeoye
Re: Lagos roofing contractor. by samla(m): 4:05pm On Aug 18, 2011
smiley
Re: Lagos roofing contractor. by samla(m): 2:27pm On Aug 19, 2011
wink

Re: Lagos roofing contractor. by samla(m): 11:11am On Aug 22, 2011
Goodmorning beautiful people.wishing you a splendid working week.
two things make us standout at WHITEGATE ALUMINIUM LTD.
1)we have very reasonable prices
2)if you need your job done on time then think whitegate.
so call us now:
allen adeoye
smiley
Re: Lagos roofing contractor. by samla(m): 3:34pm On Aug 22, 2011
wink
Re: Lagos roofing contractor. by samla(m): 2:22pm On Aug 23, 2011
think quality,think whitegate aluminium
the best in aluminium installation.
call us now
Re: Lagos roofing contractor. by samla(m): 10:58am On Aug 24, 2011
wink
Re: Lagos roofing contractor. by samla(m): 12:09pm On Aug 26, 2011
wink
Re: Lagos roofing contractor. by samla(m): 2:59pm On Aug 26, 2011
whitegate aluminium wishes you a wonderful weekend. smiley
Re: Lagos roofing contractor. by samla(m): 1:31pm On Aug 29, 2011
wink
Re: Lagos roofing contractor. by samla(m): 10:13am On Sep 01, 2011
Eid mubarak!
Re: Lagos roofing contractor. by samla(m): 2:55pm On Sep 01, 2011
wink
Re: Lagos roofing contractor. by samla(m): 12:11pm On Sep 02, 2011
wink
Re: Lagos roofing contractor. by samla(m): 10:43am On Sep 05, 2011
Whitegate Aluminium wishes you all a wonderful working week.
dont hesitate to call us for your aluminium works.
we give you value for your money. smiley
Re: Lagos roofing contractor. by samla(m): 5:48pm On Sep 05, 2011
wink
Re: Lagos roofing contractor. by samla(m): 6:29pm On Sep 06, 2011
wink
Re: Lagos roofing contractor. by samla(m): 4:09pm On Sep 10, 2011
smiley
Re: Lagos roofing contractor. by samla(m): 5:38pm On Sep 12, 2011
kiss
Re: Lagos roofing contractor. by samla(m): 12:43pm On Sep 13, 2011
smiley
Re: Lagos roofing contractor. by samla(m): 7:04pm On Sep 13, 2011
smiley
Re: Lagos roofing contractor. by samla(m): 10:26am On Sep 15, 2011
:d
Re: Lagos roofing contractor. by samla(m): 10:41am On Sep 16, 2011
, quality aluminum services like no where else.give us a trial today and you will not regret it.
Re: Lagos roofing contractor. by samla(m): 11:38am On Sep 19, 2011
wink
Re: Lagos roofing contractor. by peaceland(m): 1:54pm On Sep 19, 2011
Hi Samla,
good day to you.
your effort ok but try and educate your audience a bit more, that would attract the right patronage and give the impression that you are indeed sincere and capable. for example, you can do a little explanation on the different types of roofing materials. concentrate on the aluminium which you seems to be an expert on and tell us the different types available, the advantages and possible disadvantages (from your own point of view). your experiences so far and where the best/not fake/ aluminium materials can be sourced and then you can hold some tips to your chest like the measurements; costs; etc. that i am sure would attract the right patronage.

that aside. i have a small project that would be at the roofing stage in a month's time (God willing) so I'll need your answers on the following:
1 - what is the difference between long span & step tiles aluminium in terms of :
  (a) - wood usage
   (b) - cost (approximate) % difference
   (c) - longevity & strength
I asked the above because i want to do step tiles aluminium but i am not too sure that it would not be requiring a much more wood usage than the long span. based on what i have seen so far it seems steps for aluminium is justt the long span modified so i am not sure it requires more wood or not but wants to be very safe

2- what is the best time/season to do a roofing wet or dry
3 - what is the least quantity of aluminium (LEAST or Average, i know u cant be exact) required for a 14.10m X 12.750m building (4 bedroom flat); simple roof design
4- other than the wood, what other materials should a client get prepared for (minor things we overlook based on your experience)
5 - can you estimate a roofing cost (detailed) for the above measurement - based on the plan height of building is 5.850m plus roof with blockwork height of 3.00m
please send a copy of your response to: atopeaceland at gmail dot com
we'll take it from there
thank you
Re: Lagos roofing contractor. by samla(m): 4:38pm On Sep 21, 2011
kiss
at rotadels there is no regret.call now
07032270276 -allen adeoye
Re: Lagos roofing contractor. by mexxyaaron(m): 10:34am On Sep 23, 2011
@ peace land

am an experience quantity surveyor in the construction industry and am willing to share some information regarding your questions above for the purpose of enlightening my people out there.

1.the quantity of wood usage would definitely by higher should u decide to use the roof tile as against using a long span aluminium sheet due to the fact the purlins centre to centre is definitely reduce from possible 900-1200 to a lesser centre to centre point of about 300-500 in order to fit the roof tiles because they are smaller in sizes than the long span aluminium.In most cases batten is usually used instead.

2.the roof tiles should be slightly higher that the long span aluminum because it takes more time to fix.

3.boths should be about the same since they are manufactured from the same materials.

4.i honestly know u would be needing some form of polythene material to prevent easy leaks cos most roof tiles tends to leak if not properly installed.long span aluminium tends to be better off,am not saying that long span cant leak but the degree is lesser in the case.

5.you should be looking at about 277-290metre square area of coverage,i got that from my rough calculation.

6.other items like your roof capping,valley and wood cassing items can only be measured from your drawing plan.

I hope with these few points,u will make a better decision and God bless.
Re: Lagos roofing contractor. by mexxyaaron(m): 10:36am On Sep 23, 2011
@ peace land

am an experience quantity surveyor in the construction industry and am willing to share some information regarding your questions above for the purpose of enlightening my people out there.

1.the quantity of wood usage would definitely by higher should u decide to use the roof tile as against using a long span aluminium sheet due to the fact the purlins centre to centre is definitely reduce from possible 900-1200 to a lesser centre to centre point of about 300-500 in order to fit the roof tiles because they are smaller in sizes than the long span aluminium.In most cases batten is usually used instead.

2.the roof tiles should be slightly higher that the long span aluminum because it takes more time to fix.

3.boths should be about the same since they are manufactured from the same materials.

4.i honestly know u would be needing some form of polythene material to prevent easy leaks cos most roof tiles tends to leak if not properly installed.long span aluminium tends to be better off,am not saying that long span cant leak but the degree is lesser in the case.

5.you should be looking at about 277-290metre square area of coverage,i got that from my rough calculation.

6.other items like your roof capping,valley and wood cassing items can only be measured from your drawing plan.

I hope with these few points,u will make a better decision and God bless.
Re: Lagos roofing contractor. by samla(m): 8:04pm On Sep 26, 2011
[quote][/quote] wink
Re: Lagos roofing contractor. by samla(m): 10:18am On Sep 30, 2011
wink
Re: Lagos roofing contractor. by samla(m): 11:00am On Sep 30, 2011
Give Your Home a Facelift - Stone coated steel is a premium roofing product, meaning it has superior durability and longevity to other roofing products. Whatever the style, color, or finish of your current roof, there is most likely a steel roof that will match the appearance of your home. Whether you want the look of an asphalt shingle, clay tile, cedar shake or slate, you can select a steel roof, either a painted or a premium stone coated one, that will enhance the beauty of your home.

Energy Efficient - There’s more to the beautiful colors and designs available than meets the eye. For example, the lighter-colored roofs are designed to effectively reflect the sun’s heat and reduce the need to cool your home during the hot summer months. Our “dead air” buffer zone between your new roof and old roof also insulates against heat loss in winter months. What an exceptional way to lower your energy bills, effectively putting money back in your pocket.

Lasting Strength - Mother Nature is hard, especially on non-steel roofing materials which begin to deteriorate immediately after they are installed from exposure to damaging ultraviolet rays of the sun, expansion and contraction as a result of temperature changes and the detrimental effect of hailstones, ice and wind. Hurricane rated metal roofing products, particularly stone coated steel however, can take extreme weather conditions and still look and protect like new for a lifetime wink
Re: Lagos roofing contractor. by samla(m): 11:26pm On Sep 30, 2011
wink
Re: Lagos roofing contractor. by samla(m): 3:34pm On Oct 03, 2011
happy independence naija. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! / A Wing Duplex With Flat @Ajah By MOORE / Abuja Shopping Mall Collapses! Five Rescued, Two Trapped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.