Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,028 members, 7,803,458 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members In Ogun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members In Ogun (5106 Views)

Fashola, Al-Hassan At The Residence Of James Ocholi (Photos) / Ajimobi, Tinubu At The Residence Of Late Olubadan In Oyo (Photos) / Osinbajo At Tinubu’s Residence To Celebrate With Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members In Ogun by Kenyy: 4:16am On May 19, 2011
Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members
Details at:
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5701799-146/story.csp
Re: Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members In Ogun by EzeUche2(m): 4:17am On May 19, 2011
Corpers are not safe in the SW. Let me just stay in the SE then. . . shocked
Re: Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members In Ogun by Kenyy: 4:31am On May 19, 2011
Sane Nigerians' (Including MySelf) Stands On Security Of Youth Corps Member Still Persist And Subsist, And Below Is An Extract:
'Instead of the Corps Members(Educated Illiterates and Misguided Miscreants) to unite with All Sane and Patriotic Nigerians and demand security for All Nigerians(Home and Abroad) from our misguided son-GEJ, they are busy fighting sectional interest that will not stand the test of time.'
Re: Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members In Ogun by apoti(m): 11:46am On May 19, 2011
Armed robbers on Monday night attacked some members of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in Ogun State. The ugly incident occurred at the corps members’ residence at Oluwo in Obafemi-Owode Local Government Area of the State. Many of them sustained various injuries in the course of the bandits’ strike, while property such as money, laptops and phones were equally carted away. Some of the corps members who had participated as adhoc staff during the general elections lost their allowances to the bandits.

It was gathered that the building known as the Nigerian Christian Corpers Fellowship (NCCF) lodge accommodates about 40 youth corps members.

Following the incident, many of the victims yesterday trooped out into the streets in Abeokuta, the state capital to register their protest, accusing the police of not promptly rescuing them in the hands of the night marauders.

Corps members protest

The victims, who did not want their names in print, lamented to journalists that they would not have lost their property if the police had heeded to their distressed calls on time.

“When we called the police to come and rescue us during the attack, they did not come to our rescue on time, until after we had been robbed and wounded by the robbers,” said one of the victims.

A female victim while narrating her experience said she was almost raped by the robbers but for the intervention of the gang leader who stopped one of the robbers from the attempt.

Contacted on the incident, the Ogun State Police Command Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Muyiwa Adejobi confirmed the incident but quickly exonerated his men from allegation of not responding on time.

“The NYSC could not point accusing finger to the police because if they had told the police, we would have given them some policemen,” the police image-maker said while urging corps members to always participate in community policing.

On the corps members’ reaction, Mr Adejobi said “the protest was uncalled for. The police in Adigbe did not know the lodge. Nobody knows the place as corpers’ lodge. The DPO could not locate the place. They should have let the police know the place and they would have been given special security.” He said.
Re: Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members In Ogun by Seun38: 11:52am On May 19, 2011
Thank God nobody was killed. God help Nigeria.
Re: Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members In Ogun by lakode(m): 12:31pm On May 19, 2011
I was also robbed in Bayelsa , The problem of NYSC is not about location , the problem is the program itself , IT SHOULD BE SCRAPED , SIMPLE
Re: Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members In Ogun by dustydee: 12:38pm On May 19, 2011
^^Scrapping NYSC doesn't stop them from robbing you.
Re: Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members In Ogun by lakode(m): 12:47pm On May 19, 2011
Kenyy:

Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members
Details at:
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5701799-146/story.csp
But when you far away from home you more vulnerable , NYSC members are primary target(easy ones)
Re: Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members In Ogun by andyanders: 1:16pm On May 19, 2011
[b]Nigeria Policemen will always have an excuse to give, even when the truth/evidence has been established. When policemen caused an accident at the bridge at Berger, the then Lagos Police Public Relations officer Mr. Frank Mba, tried to exonerate the police that no road block was mounted. The police cannot help you rather seek for means to extort money from you. No policemen on road block can arrest any armed robber. It has been when the robbers kill any of their members that you can see them in action. Most policemen know where to get armed robbers because they meet with them where they smoke hard drugs. Most policemen smoke hard drugs and know most of these armed robbers and they dine and wine with them. Corpers lodge must have policemen or army attached to their residential places because they are serving the nation. These corpers robbed must be compensated by the Ogun State government because they are serving under their state and must be paid and looked after. Anybody on National assignment must be protected by the government. Look at what happened during the election. Instead of having problems like this, the national youth service should be stopped.[/b]
Re: Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members In Ogun by wendieposh: 1:25pm On May 19, 2011
Scrap the shit and save us the headache!  angry
Re: Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members In Ogun by snowdrops(m): 1:31pm On May 19, 2011
NYSC corp members are now the whipping boys/girls of every miscreants in society.
Re: Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members In Ogun by 3kay945(m): 1:34pm On May 19, 2011
the policemen themselves look like someone in need of help, they have their terrible station in my area.  cry cry its an eyesore.
the corpers should thank their Gods they were nt  killed. this country is in hopeless situation, we need more than Goodlluck to rescue us.
Re: Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members In Ogun by Tokotaya: 1:42pm On May 19, 2011
Two important things are clear from the police PRO's reaction. The police need to be more conversant with their jurisdiction. 2, We need to properly number houses and come up with plans for even non-indigenes to find their way around. This is what happens everywhere else.
Re: Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members In Ogun by otokx(m): 1:58pm On May 19, 2011
NYSC should be scrapped.
Re: Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members In Ogun by anointedf(m): 2:12pm On May 19, 2011
@tokotaya, what are you saying?. Police know what they are doing nah. If they are ready to work they know what to do. When robbers attacked Iyabo Obasanjo's convoy those days; OBJ gave them 24 hours to produce the criminals and they did. In, Nigeria security is for the top bidders.
Re: Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members In Ogun by HighChief4(m): 2:14pm On May 19, 2011
I thought corpers were only attacked in the North. This is bad
Re: Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members In Ogun by chamber2(m): 2:18pm On May 19, 2011
“The NYSC could not point accusing finger to the police because if they had told the police, we would have given them some policemen,” the police image-maker said while urging corps members to always participate in community policing.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members In Ogun by tcutie: 2:33pm On May 19, 2011
Even in ogun state, corpers are not safe anymore, how much do corpers ve that they are stealing from them? Thank God no life was lost.
Re: Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members In Ogun by MaiSuya(m): 2:47pm On May 19, 2011
corp members of all people? why for goodness sake? sad
Re: Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members In Ogun by edoyad(m): 3:06pm On May 19, 2011
wendieposh:

Scrap the poo and save us the headache!  angry
I can't shout enough.
Re: Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members In Ogun by ufumes(m): 3:32pm On May 19, 2011
Robbing business is no longer lucruative, robbers are starving, what do they expect to get from corp members? Khaki or 9500? Oh Inec money! lol
Re: Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members In Ogun by Rastamann: 4:06pm On May 19, 2011
Just unfortunate. There is no security anywhere in Nigeria. Too bad, Corp members are now the victims. The attitude of the police is just a reflection of the I don't care attitude of many Nigerians, even in the face of danger. I hope that GEJ will work on enhancing the security situation in Nigeria.
Re: Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members In Ogun by snowdrops(m): 4:09pm On May 19, 2011
Rastamann:

Just unfortunate. There is no security anywhere in Nigeria. Too bad, Corp members are now the victims. The attitude of the police is just a reflection of the I don't care attitude of many Nigerians, even in the face of danger. I hope that GEJ will work on enhancing the security situation in Nigeria.
thats the hope which seems more like a mirage with each passing day.
Re: Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members In Ogun by seedord247(m): 4:40pm On May 19, 2011
Mshewwww. . . . . Na Today
Re: Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members In Ogun by Exponental(m): 4:52pm On May 19, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
people dey suffer oooo! Imagine dat, corpers, 9,500 monthly allowee, yet they are been robbed.
this na Sufferment proper!
Re: Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members In Ogun by Abayomin70(m): 4:53pm On May 19, 2011
nice one y cant dem scrapp dis useless NYSC so may copa die in north some where bomb i just wonder wat d Bleep is nysc
Re: Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members In Ogun by patorini(m): 6:54pm On May 19, 2011
NYSC - Now Your Suffer Continues.
Re: Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members In Ogun by MMM2(m): 7:02pm On May 19, 2011
no more nysc.
Re: Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members In Ogun by nsiadi: 8:09pm On May 19, 2011
[color=#770077][/color]
Its not correct 4 d police 2 say they dont know Corpers lodge. With all the noise about protecting NYSC members after d attack in Bauchi d police has no better alibi 2 give for their failure. Its a national shame. The IG shd set example by identifying those whose duty schedule failed there. They shd be punished. Lets see action, otherwise nobody shd expect changes
Re: Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members In Ogun by MaiSuya(m): 8:35pm On May 19, 2011
Exponental:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
people dey suffer oooo! Imagine dat, corpers, 9,500 monthly allowee, yet they are been robbed.
this na Sufferment proper!

can you imagine that?? very unfair!! angry angry
Re: Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members In Ogun by omoelele1(f): 9:01pm On May 19, 2011
Oh God! pls i pray 4 ur protections in dz few dayz i v 2 finish my national youth service. am vry scared of putin on my kaike dz day. Lord help me o!
Re: Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members In Ogun by chino11(m): 10:39pm On May 19, 2011
Its more like Yorubas. wild wild west. No wonder GEJ called them rascal. lollllllllllllllllllll grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Afenifere Never Issued Us Query Of Allegation, Says Suspended Spokesperson / Battered Wife Sues Deji Of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, For N100m / Fg Rolls Out Plan For Rail Network Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.