Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? (9984 Views)

40k Monthly Permanent Job Or 80k Monthly Contract Job. Which Would You Choose? / Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? / Highest Paid Professionals And Most Lucrative Profession In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by BABE3: 10:53am On Jun 02, 2011
Evil Brain:

I'd love to be your gynaecologist.

Just kidding. You might want to reconsider that. Ob/Gyn is a horrible, disgusting specialty, not for the weak of stomach. Plus no matter what they say, most women prefer male gynaecologists. It has to do with female rivalry or something, I don't know.

The only thing I like about Ob/Gyn is that you get to play with a lot of babies and small children. And who doesn't like babies?

smiley That's what I'm trying to eradicate; the weird ratio of male Gynes to female Gynes. There are too many male Gynes out there, which is quite absurd.

Most women prefer male gynes? Statistics abeg! grin The reason why they "prefer" male Gynes is because they have no choice--lol--- 

I'm not reconsidering. Thanks for the discouraging speech. grin I'm "working" for a Gynecologist presently as an "internship", it's not bad atall. I love it! 

Btw, who told you I was weak.? angry 
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 02, 2011
Drug Dealer
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by KennyG6(m): 10:57am On Jun 02, 2011
evilspirit:

doctors are poor!!!!!!
Doctors and indeed teaching are professions you go into primarily because of your passion to either save lives or impact life-values, the meagre renumeration they get is often offset by the satisfaction  they derive from doing the job. That said, the medical profession cannot be that financially unrewarding even in a place like nigeria, one just needs to be more creative
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by AjanleKoko: 11:02am On Jun 02, 2011
^^
With the new CONMESS, doctors in Nigeria aren't poor. Not anymore.
A fresher comfortably earns almost 200k salary, exclusive of their call duty allowances. Consultants now earn up to 1.5m a month. That aint bad at all.
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by Acidosis(m): 11:04am On Jun 02, 2011
Bill Gates' profession so I can employ Doctors, Lawyers, Bankers, even my lecturers that thought me in school. . .I'm aspiring to be the Boss.
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by DBestDoc(f): 11:10am On Jun 02, 2011
It took me 7yrs 2 get what i wanted.I'm most grateful i've realized my life long dream n Vision.I couldn't ve seen my self studying anything other than medicine.My pasion kept me going even after many disappointments.(i mean many many many.i could ve easily changed my mind,but i couldn't).

If i'm asked 2 choose again,i'll not hesistate to opt for medicine cheesy cheesy
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by hsert(f): 11:11am On Jun 02, 2011
a human resource professional!
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by omo9ja1(m): 11:12am On Jun 02, 2011
i would go into IT, networking hmmmmm i love what am doing anyway smiley
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by PupetMasta(m): 11:16am On Jun 02, 2011
Investment Banking will do for me.
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by hbabe(f): 11:52am On Jun 02, 2011
Engineering (electronics or mechanical)
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by blank(f): 11:57am On Jun 02, 2011
Teaching. Always wanted 2 teach in a nursery school.
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 02, 2011
petrochem engineer
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by md4real(m): 12:10pm On Jun 02, 2011
football player, forget school and just play the round leather game like hell.
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by Princek12(m): 12:29pm On Jun 02, 2011
yahoo yahoo
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by Memunah(f): 12:40pm On Jun 02, 2011
I had always wanted to be a broadcaster,wanted to study mass communication and forge ahead in that field,but jamb changed my fate and i accepted[s][/s].thank God for where i am today
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by ishekinah1(m): 1:10pm On Jun 02, 2011
mechatronic(Robotics) cos i like to do something that is multidisciplinary. After Graduating as an electrical engineer.
And will like to explore the medical field with robotics.
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 02, 2011
I wil be a FOOTBALLER OR A POLITICIAN.
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by BABAJ1: 1:37pm On Jun 02, 2011
A firm in Ogulana drive Surulere, is looking for able and capable marketers to market for the firm,d firm sells computer accessories,id card, brands companies and other things. The candidate must be intelligent and ability to work with little or no supervision,creative and know how to initiate deals(cold calls). For more info call Jenkins on 07031396185 or mail groovyjumbo@yahoo.com. Immediate employment if successful
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by VEE2010(m): 1:52pm On Jun 02, 2011
Being a Nigerian and for also living in Nigeria, I think there is virtually any sector that is worth while but that is notwithstanding, Medical practitioners are still fairing better. They are far better than other professionals. Honestly speaking, I have never seen a medical doctor displaying CVs around in search of job. Having known this fact, I think, it is the best profession so far in Nigeria.
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 02, 2011
Currently i'm just starting as a medical doctor. But given what i know now, i would hav opted to be a Portfolio Manager or an Architect.
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by VicHots(f): 2:00pm On Jun 02, 2011
I would still want to be a SPECIAL EDUCATIONIST-helping the disabled-deaf,mentally challenged
and Hard of hearing to become someone in life
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by toyecoach(m): 2:18pm On Jun 02, 2011
I would settle for Statistics to become a Statistician.Why?
If you are looking for top paid professionals.
Statisticians falls into the top 20 and they earn 80 percent of
the money in any occupational category
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by MPEROR: 2:23pm On Jun 02, 2011
engineering no dress code
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by MPEROR: 2:25pm On Jun 02, 2011
419 OR THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA MAYBE AREA BOYS
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by samtoye(m): 2:40pm On Jun 02, 2011
architect
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by kdk4christ: 3:31pm On Jun 02, 2011
Professional Footballer
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by alpontif(m): 3:37pm On Jun 02, 2011
if i was as exposed 8 years ago as i am now, i would have chosen to study business law, specializing in real estate law,or i might have studied economics , then moved on to specialize in investment banking and financing with a special focus on Public Private Partnership Projects financing and management(  i see this as the future  driver of infrastructural development in  Nigeria),  but  i studied civil engineering, came out with a 2;2, got autocad,revit and csc orion design skills, and realized too late that the market is already taken by architects, bricklayers and contractors. i also realized that construction companies actually want you to come with 5 years experience to be paid 120k as site engineer, but thank God i am a fresh grad, and can still plan and project manage my career.
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by mbulela: 3:44pm On Jun 02, 2011
AjanleKoko:

^^
With the new CONMESS, doctors in Nigeria aren't poor. Not anymore.
A fresher comfortably earns almost 200k salary, exclusive of their call duty allowances. Consultants now earn up to 1.5m a month. That aint bad at all.

my oga, the figures are not very correct o! according to them.
more like 140k and 700k respectively and that is inclusive of all.
but it is still very impressive.
they should not complain again but you and i know that is not going to happen.
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by anishe(m): 3:50pm On Jun 02, 2011
Footballer and Womanizer
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by mbulela: 3:54pm On Jun 02, 2011
a monk.
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by Dsense(m): 3:58pm On Jun 02, 2011
OP.

I love ma Computer Science and Philosophy courses . . . ALways my taste!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Meet My 200 Million Naira Target By December? / First Photos From The All Nigerian Society Of Engineers General Meeting In Awka / Help!! Business Or School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.