Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match (6359 Views)

Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria / West Bromwich Coach Roy Hodgson Blasts Odemwingie / Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by isquar3d3(m): 4:29pm On May 19, 2011
its official. Siasia just released his list few minutes ago nd osaze was not listed. It means dat no 'sin' goes unpunished.
SQUAD

GOAL KEEPERS:
VINCENT ENYEAMA
DELE AIYENUGBA
AUSTIN EJIDE

DEFENDERS:
JOSEPH YOBO
CHIBUZOR OKONKWO
YUSUF MOHAMMED
DELE ADELEYE
TAYE TAIWO
YUSUF AYILA
EFE AMBROSE

MIDFIELDERS:
MIKEL OBI
JOEL OBI
NNAMDI ODUAMADI
NOSA IGIEBOR
KALU UCHE
FENGOR OGUDE

STRIKERS:
ISAAC PROMISE
VICTOR ANICHEBE
PETER UTAKA
IK UCHE
EMMANUEL EMENIKE
VICTOR OBINNA
AHMED MUSA
EKIGHO EHIOSUN

STANDBY:
VICTOR MOSES
SHOLA AMEOBI
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by isquar3d3(m): 4:51pm On May 19, 2011
SIASIA: Osaze left camp without informing me.
Odemwingie shld hv called siasia and apologised instead of doing it on d media.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by isquar3d3(m): 4:58pm On May 19, 2011
isaac promise comes back into d team. Same wit ayila and ejide.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by doublekay: 7:14pm On May 19, 2011
I pray this doesnt divide the team
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by phreakabit(m): 7:29pm On May 19, 2011
This Siasia dey date Issac promise? For goodness sake the b!tch cant play football. Anyway actions speak louder than voice. Breeze go blow fowl nyash that day. This is just unacceptable, leaving our most in form  player out of the list. well lets wait ad see.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by proffemi: 7:59pm On May 19, 2011
Isn't it funny that most Nigerians know that the Super Eagles have always had problems with discipline and yet when a coach takes steps to stamp authority on the team, people start talking about "most in-form player".

I have always liked Osaze, and in the past, felt he was the most committed Eagle. I have come to realize recently to my dismay that he has a serious discipline problem.

He cannot try that stuff he pulled with any coach worth his salt: not just (a)leaving camp but (b)broadcasting it on twitter and (c) abusing the coach (d)ON TWITTER!!! Haba. Can you imagine anyone trying this to Ferguson or Mourinho? Or any coach worth his salt?

face it or not, football is all about discipline and teamwork. Great as Messi is, without other Barca players clicking he can't win a match alone.

Osaze needs to learn discipine. Let the coach do his job, and let the rest of us keep our trap shut.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by blackchief(m): 8:00pm On May 19, 2011
Odemwingie, please concentrate in your career and leave Nigeria polities. Playing for Nigeria is not a do or die affairs. Stay bless.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by semid4lyfe(m): 10:49pm On May 19, 2011
Why I dropped Osaze - Samson Siasia
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-671349.0.html

bboiabb:
Unrepentant West Bromwich Albion striker Peter Osaze Odemwingie has been dropped by Nigeria coach Samson Siasia for disciplinary reasons from next month's two matches against Argentina and Ethiopia.

Siasia punished Odemwingie for walking out on the team before a friendly against Kenya in March, and the striker, who has netted 15 goals in the English Premier League, has yet to apologise for his misconduct.

"The other players in the team had threatened to stage a mass protest and back out of other matches if I failed to sanction Osaze for leaving the camp in Abuja without permission," said Siasia. "I had no option but to do this to instil discipline in the team."

Siasia added: "I didn't want a situation where I or Nigeria would be totally disgraced by the players. Let discipline be maintained. Osaze is not bigger than the team or the whole Nigeria." The coach is known as a stiff disciplinarian, dropping Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel from the 2008 Olympics Games, where they reached the final.

He recalled Dynamo Kiev midfielder Yusuf Ayila, who last featured at the 2010 FIFA World Cup™, for the friendly against Argentina on 1 June in Abuja and a CAF Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Ethiopia four days later in Addis Ababa.

The Nigeria squad:
Goalkeepers: Vincent Enyeama (Hapoel Tel Aviv/ISR), Dele Aiyenugba (Bnei-Yehuda/ISR), Austin Ejide (Hapoel Petah Tikva/ISR)

Defenders: Joseph Yobo (Fenerbache/TUR), Taye Taiwo (Marseille/FRA), Dele Adeleye (Metalurh Donetsk/UKR), Chibuzor Okonkwo (Heartland), Efe Ambrose (Ashdod/ISR), Yusuf Mohammed (Al Hilal/SUD)

Midfielders: John Obi Mikel (Chelsea/ENG), Joel Obi (Inter Milan/ITA), Fengor Ogude (Valerenga/NOR), Nosa Igiebor (Lillestrom/NOR), Nnamdi Oduamadi (AC Milan/ITA), Promise Isaac (Manisaspor/TUR), Kalu Uche (Almeria/SPA), Yusuf Ayila (Dynamo Kiev/UKR)

Forwards: Obinna Nsofor (West Ham/ENG), Ikechukwu Uche (Real Zaragoza/SPA), Ekigho Ehiosun (Warri Wolves), Ahmed Musa (VVV Venlo/NED), Victor Anichebe (Everton/ENG), Peter Utaka (OB Odense/DEN), Emmanuel Emenike (Karabukspor/TUR)

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/news/newsid=1437823.html
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by isquar3d3(m): 11:01pm On May 19, 2011
prof.femi:

Isn't it funny that most Nigerians know that the Super Eagles have always had problems with discipline and yet when a coach takes steps to stamp authority on the team, people start talking about "most in-form player".

I have always liked Osaze, and in the past, felt he was the most committed Eagle. I have come to realize recently to my dismay that he has a serious discipline problem.

He cannot try that stuff he pulled with any coach worth his salt: not just (a)leaving camp but (b)broadcasting it on twitter and (c) abusing the coach (d)ON TWITTER!!! Haba. Can you imagine anyone trying this to Ferguson or Mourinho? Or any coach worth his salt?

face it or not, football is all about discipline and teamwork. Great as Messi is, without other Barca players clicking he can't win a match alone.

Osaze needs to learn discipine. Let the coach do his job, and let the rest of us keep our trap shut.
Word. No one is bigger than a country. Osaze shld hv called sia1 nd apologised instead of trying 2 do it thru d media.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by hollandis(f): 7:08am On May 20, 2011
Its not too late he can go and play for russia.Nigeria is not worth it
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by FBS: 8:14am On May 20, 2011
Discipline is the name. Good job Sia1.
Football is about discipline and team work. No effing one is bigger than a country.

And someone says he should go play for russia? lol.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by TeeJay6(m): 8:30am On May 20, 2011
I'm all for disciplining a player, but you don't try and prove a point by ostracising one of your best players even after he has apologised. Like siasia himself was not a rebel and a trouble maker in his time! All that and westerhoff still called him up and played him, so why is he being a hypocrite?
I know what osaze Did was out of order, but hey these things happen in modern day football, siasia should just be matured and let the matter die.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by saintneo(m): 8:40am On May 20, 2011
Osaze is the most inform player; however his recent actions should not be ignored. His non-inclusion will serve as a warning to other undisciplined players. I think this should have been handled by the NFF - 3 match ban.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by ufumes(m): 8:40am On May 20, 2011
I believe Siasia has good reasons for his actions
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by jpphilips(m): 8:47am On May 20, 2011
@ Tee jay

I'm all for disciplining a player, but you don't try and prove a point by ostracising one of your best players even after he has apologised. Like siasia himself was not a rebel and a trouble maker in his time! All that and westerhoff still called him up and played him, so why is he being a hypocrite?
I know what osaze Did was out of order, but hey these things happen in modern day football, siasia should just be matured and let the matter die.

Where are you from?
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by TeeJay6(m): 8:51am On May 20, 2011
jp philips:

Where are you from?
How do you mean? That siasia was a very difficult player to manage in his days? Still the likes of westerhoff didnt malign him by dropping him for games
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by brosd2: 8:53am On May 20, 2011
@Tee_Jay
Osaze needed to apologize to the coach personally/directly which he hasn't done yet.
The modern day football does not allow any form of indiscipline.
Period!
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by jpphilips(m): 8:56am On May 20, 2011
The question is " where are you from?"

Because it is only in the Animal Kingdom that you slap your father and still sit with the family for breakfast

I repeat "where are you from?"
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by TeeJay6(m): 9:01am On May 20, 2011
jp philips:

The question is " where are you from?"

Because it is only in the Animal Kingdom that you slap your father and still sit with the family for breakfast

I repeat "where are you from?"
Did siasia ever apologise to westerhoff? Besides osaze has already made public his remorse regarding the whole affair, what else does siasia want? For him to prostrate in the middle of Abuja stadium?

http://www.kickoff.com/news/21166/osaze-odemwingie-makes-samson-siasia-apology.php
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by monkeyleg: 9:04am On May 20, 2011
Siasia is very right, and I back him 100%. These footballers need to show respect to the Manager, you dare not step out of camp without informing the manager if you were in say the England team, so why does he think he can do that with the Nigerian team. I doubt he would even do that with West Brom. He needs to learn some manners, what he did was wrong and he must apologise properly , by phoning Siasia and promising never to do that rubbish again
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by jpphilips(m): 9:04am On May 20, 2011
Did siasia ever apologise to westerhoff? Besides osaze has already made public his remorse regarding the whole affair, what else does siasia want? For him to prostrate in the middle of Abuja stadium?

Have you ever had the opportunity of being a leader of a group of Adults no matter how little?
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by chibzzy(m): 9:06am On May 20, 2011
[/quote][quote]I'm all for disciplining a player, but you don't try and prove a point by ostracising one of your best players even after he has apologised. Like siasia himself was not a rebel and a trouble maker in his time! All that and westerhoff still called him up and played him, so why is he being a hypocrite?
I know what osaze Did was out of order, but hey these things happen in modern day football,  siasia should just be matured and let the matter die.

This makes no sense at all. Do you have a copy of his apology letter? Which player in modern day football has committed such offence and gone ahead to abuse the coach on a social network that is monitored every second all over the world? Please give us a break.
Osaze might be good but that does not mean that he is Mr Nigeria. Until he shows remorse, I don't think there should be a place for him in the Eagles squad. For going to the length he went, his apology should not only be through a letter but also on the social network site as well as popular TV channels.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by TeeJay6(m): 9:10am On May 20, 2011
jp philips:

Have you ever had the opportunity of being a leader of a group of Adults no matter how little?
and your point is?
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by Xfactoria: 9:10am On May 20, 2011
Good for Osaze!!!

He got away with it when he did it to Amodu and Laggerback. Thank God he didn't get away with this. Going forward, he should either resolve to be disciplined and concentrate on playing football or forget about the national team.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by Nobody: 9:17am On May 20, 2011
Last time i checked Siasia was saddled with the responsibility of Coaching the Super Eagles. We should leave him alone to do his job as he deem fit. When he's through those who think they can do a better job can apply.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by sshalom(m): 9:19am On May 20, 2011
As much as Ozase is in the form of his life at the moment, the issue at stake is team disciline. When this is being undermined by someone who should know better, then he should be prepared to face the music.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by daroz(m): 9:19am On May 20, 2011
nice decision by the coach, but we are all going to miss him in the match sad
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by laj1(m): 9:23am On May 20, 2011
i love osaze a lot but he should have contacted sia 1 and apologize one on one rather than lamenting on his twitter page.I think discipline need to be instilled in these guys.

kudos sia 1.if he does not apologise,i think he should forget playing for Nigeria.Lets forget the fact that he is in form.Let him go to Nigeria can produce a better striker.

Am just happy seeing ik uche in the list.Bet me,he is going to hit the argentine net come june 1st.The guy is just to awesome and wonderful.Ik uche keep it up.O SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by DaDoctor: 9:25am On May 20, 2011
Nice decision, at least to nip indiscipline in the bud. GOOD FOR OUR FOOTBALL!

But my fear here is that Sisia is a 'luck' coach and doesnt deliver when it matters.

Quote me, 'SOONER OR LATER SIASIA TACTICAL INABILITY WILL BE EXPOSED'. HE WOULD FALL LIKE A PACK OF CARD.
SORRY FOR OUR 'RUNNER UP' COACH
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by ypad: 9:25am On May 20, 2011
I know what osaze Did was out of order, but hey these things happen in modern day football,  siasia should just be matured and let the matter die.

Being disciplined is a sign of maturity, which is what Siasia has just displaced.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by collinsJn(m): 9:47am On May 20, 2011
Diz NUDE Pictures On Nigeria Movie Posters Is Becoming Alarming Ooooooooo.
Some Bodi Should Plz Help
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by ayusman16(m): 9:48am On May 20, 2011
Because he scored 15 goals does not mean he is all that. What will the likes of Rooney, Messi and Ronaldo now do? He should be sanctioned until he apologises to the Coach, TeamMates and Nigeria. He is  not bigger than any of them. Mscheeeeew!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Of What Influence Does Wags Have On England Team? / The Wives And Girlfriends Of Germany's Football World Cup Stars / Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.