Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,341 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3502753 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (2814) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hyzicbond(m): 6:22pm On May 14, 2015
just finish Greys anatomy s11 ep 18 -23, why the he!l will they kill Derek off like that?. person of interest gave me too much drama this week and G.A wrecked my tv screen. I finally gave up on Shonda Rhime.

#NW The Blacklist s2 ep21
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:12pm On May 14, 2015
Sons of Anarchy S5. Is anybody here watching Orphan Black? #CloneClub
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 9:22pm On May 14, 2015
THE RETURNED.
RESURRECTION!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kingsilly(m): 11:30pm On May 14, 2015
cao:

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the skies from me.

**fiddles imaginary violin** **snaps out of it**

Anywho, about to tuck into the season finale of Agents of SHIELD.

Will wait till Agent of shield becomes available on Netflix then, no time downloading numerous episodes..
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Alfred234(m): 12:42am On May 15, 2015
Arrow season finale made sense like mad.
I just started seeing "Forever" and am loving it. its somewhat unreal but still cool.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:57am On May 15, 2015
Hell On Wheels Season 3.

An enthralling slow burner, y'all should be watching this. Better than "Deadwood" IMHO.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:04am On May 15, 2015
SirChotas:
Sons of Anarchy S5. Is anybody here watching Orphan Black? #CloneClub

I follow Orphan Black on weekly basis.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by jasmine01s: 11:32am On May 15, 2015
kingsilly:

Will wait till Agent of shield becomes available on Netflix then, no time downloading numerous episodes..
http://movies.alayeblog.com/show/agents-of-shield
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:57am On May 15, 2015
I felt like I should say something on "Bloodline".

Danny Rayburn was a fvckup, without a shadow of doubt, but who made him a fvckup to begin with? The answer is pretty simple: His family. They never really treated him like he truly belonged, like one of their own, they never wanted him around..

It all started when the apple of their Father's eye, Sarah (His little sister), died on a boating accident. Yep, Danny was driving the boat. Everyone blamed Danny eventually, it was inevitable. He was made the scapegoat, and their Father in a fit of rage, beat the living shiit out of Danny, breaking his left arm in the process. The town law came calling, but everyone lied about the incident, telling the investigating detective that Danny got hit by a car, a lied formulated by the Mom.

Danny went through life feeling like an outcast, been perpetually haunted by his nightmarish childhood. One would say that Danny was cursed from the womb. He never could catch a break, and when it seemed that things might actually work out for him, his restaurant caught fire and thus, was burnt to the ground.

To make matter worse, Danny on returning home, was rejected first by his siblings, then by the Dad, whom had disinherited him long ago. Only the Mom truly wanted him around, only the Mom really loved Danny... alas, it wasn't enough. This final act of rejection from his family eventually set Danny on a path of revenge. The target: His family's reputation. He wanted his family to feel what he felt. He wanted his family to know how it felt like to go through life apologizing for everything.

He ruffled some feathers, broke some ribs, broke up a relationship, etc, and alas, he was murdered by his younger Cop brother before he could do some serious irreparable damage. Then his 3 siblings colluded to make his murder look like an assassination, which was ridiculously easy, since Danny had a lot of dangerous enemies he made over the years.

So that's how Danny was eventually murdered by his family, the same family that never treated him as one of their own, just because of an accident that could have happened to anyone, an accident that wasn't his fault.

The 2nd season of "Bloodline" will return January 2016. Can't wait.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kingsilly(m): 12:36pm On May 15, 2015
koice:

Danny Rayburn was a fvckup, without a shadow of doubt, but who made him a fvckup to begin with? The answer is pretty simple: His family. They never really treated him like he truly belonged, like one of their own, they never wanted him around..

It all started when the apple of their Father's eye, Sarah (His little sister), died on a boating accident. Yep, Danny was driving the boat. Everyone blamed Danny eventually, it was inevitable. He was made the scapegoat, and their Father in a fit of rage, beat the living shiit out of Danny, breaking his left arm in the process. The town law came calling, but everyone lied about the incident, telling the investigating detective that Danny got hit by a car, a lied formulated by the Mom.

Danny went through life feeling like an outcast, been perpetually haunted by his nightmarish childhood. One would say that Danny was cursed from the womb. He never could catch a break, and when it seemed that things might actually work out for him, his restaurant caught fire and thus, was burnt to the ground.

To make matter worse, Danny on returning home, was rejected first by his siblings, then by the Dad, whom had disinherited him long ago. Only the Mom truly wanted him around, only the Mom really loved Danny... alas, it wasn't enough. This final act of rejection from his family eventually set Danny on a path of revenge. The target: His family's reputation. He wanted his family to feel what he felt. He wanted his family to know how it felt like to go through life apologizing for everything.

He ruffled some feathers, broke some ribs, broke up a relationship, etc, and alas, he was murdered by his younger Cop brother before he could do some serious irreparable damage. Then his 3 siblings colluded to make his murder look like an assassination, which was ridiculously easy, since Danny had a lot of dangerous enemies he made over the years.

So that's how Danny was eventually murdered by his family, the same family that never treated him as one of their own, just because of an accident that could have happened to anyone, an accident that wasn't his fault.

Danny had issues yea I do understand he was made scapegoat but it's no one fault wat happened to him outside the Rayburn ranch, he's restaurant burnt due to the kind of people he was dealing with, wasn't a mistake, the family had Thier flaws Buh hey they were kids except Jonny, the two younger ones did and said wat they were told to do, the fault goes both way, he did pushed it when he took Jonny daughter on a boat ride, that was not fun, I was scared too...he just made all wrong decision in life, and dat can't be blame solely on wat happened years back..
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kingsilly(m): 12:37pm On May 15, 2015
jasmine01s:

http://movies.alayeblog.com/show/agents-of-shield
Thanks Buh dont mind me, I do pay for the Netflix so U should understand my sarcasm to just chill for them to upload
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 15, 2015
kingsilly:

Danny had issues yea I do understand he was made scapegoat but it's no one fault wat happened to him outside the Rayburn ranch, he's restaurant burnt due to the kind of people he was dealing with, wasn't a mistake, the family had Thier flaws Buh hey they were kids except Jonny, the two younger ones did and said wat they were told to do, the fault goes both way, he did pushed it when he took Jonny daughter on a boat ride, that was not fun, I was scared too...he just made all wrong decision in life, and dat can't be blame solely on wat happened years back..

He borrowed money from shady characters to start a restaurant business, but when their relationship hit the rocks (he owed them some dough) they torched his restaurant to send a message. Been a resourceful guy, he devised a plan on how to make enough dough to get those people off his back: He needed to be accepted back into the cushioned fold of the family business. So, using the guise of "coming home for the pier dedication", he went home.

You were wrong about John being the only one of Danny siblings that knew what actually transpired. Kevin knew. He admitted it later to Meg, whom incidentally was the only one that didn't know shiit. She had always thought that Danny broke his arm as a result of a little fender bender with a drunk driver.

The Mom had always felt guilty by the massive part she played in the proceedings, beginning from the death of Sarah to the ostracizing of Danny henceforth. She felt responsible, and had since done her best to make Danny feel accepted, even ordering her daughter Meg (also the family lawyer) to change her husband's will upon his death, to include Danny.

Like I said earlier, Danny was no saint, and invariably made his bed, but he was pushed there by his siblings and Dad. My sole wish is for the Mom to eventually learn of the conspiracy perpetuated on poor Danny by his siblings. The murder, and the ensuing cover-up.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by confistified(m): 11:39pm On May 15, 2015
hyzicbond:
just finish Greys anatomy s11 ep 18 -23, why the he!l will they kill Derek off like that?. person of interest gave me too much drama this week and G.A wrecked my tv screen. I finally gave up on Shonda Rhime.

#NW The Blacklist s2 ep21
so they've killed Derek off!!!! I think I'll just stop at season 9
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kazzonline: 12:05am On May 16, 2015
Wayward pines anyone? New tv series alert!!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dljbd1(m): 2:34am On May 16, 2015
Frankly speaking....Orphan Black is awesome!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 7:58am On May 16, 2015
koice:

I think the show producers didn't know what to do with Danny's character anymore...They ruined him and couldn't help but killing him off!
All other things being equal,Danny himself was a total jerk.I mean dude is a cool guy,but the fact that "he could not just let go and was totally bent on revenge was his undoing!"...
He had his chances,he messes them up..But then again,he is just a movie "character",fulfilling someone's ideas!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by penzino(m): 8:37am On May 16, 2015
dljbd1:
Frankly speaking....Orphan Black is awesome!
really?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dljbd1(m): 8:45am On May 16, 2015
penzino:
really?
Very really bro... Just watch S01E01 and I bet u u won't wanna stop.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 8:50am On May 16, 2015
THE FLASH
GRIMM
SUPERNATURAL:
Man! Really had great season finale!
Looking at Supernatural, one will realize why Cw doesn't want to let go of the series..
As for GRIMM,Juliet has totally gone overboard and too far man!
Seeing that the NBC renewed it for a fifth season,we are in for a scintillating and mind dazzling next series!
As for THE FLASH,I wish the Cw will sustain this tempo man..I hope they just do!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 9:54am On May 16, 2015
Lip Sync Battle. This show! Where else would I see Hoda Kotb lip syncing to Baby Got Back?

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:40am On May 16, 2015
philfearon:

I think the show producers didn't know what to do with Danny's character anymore...They ruined him and couldn't help but killing him off!
All other things being equal,Danny himself was a total jerk.I mean dude is a cool guy,but the fact that "he could not just let go and was totally bent on revenge was his undoing!"...
He had his chances,he messes them up..But then again,he is just a movie "character",fulfilling someone's ideas!

First and foremost, the script was very well written and executed. Danny's fate was pretty clear to everyone right from the moment the series kicked off with it's first episode. We witnessed John dragging the lifeless body of Danny through the beach. Even if you had missed that, you wouldn't have missed the narrator's voice (John's) giving his own perspective on things.

Bottom line: Danny wasn't killed off or ruined by the showrunner(s) as you so carelessly put it, rather, he was meant to die, in fact, his demise was very crucial and could play an important role as to the direction the plot would take in subsequent Episodes.

Yes, Danny was a Jerk, but try to put yourself in his shoes for moment, huh? Your siblings and Dad don't want you around, your Dad disinherited you, your siblings think of you as total fvckup even when you were at your best behavior, your siblings and Dad don't want you anywhere near the family business. Everyone is ashamed of you, even your Mom, secretly. All because of what happened several years ago, something that wasn't really your fault, to begin with. Now, how would you feel?

There are TV series that ain't meant to be taken seriously, their underlying theme: to poke fun at the stuffiness of society. "Bloodline" isn't one of them. The plot was brilliantly crafted that realism became the norm. Every major character, from Danny to Eric have real life versions somewhere out there. I mean, the "Danny" character could be anyone for crying out loud. This is a character most people can relate to. This is a character you can despise and sympathize with all at once. The "Danny" character is more than just a "series character", bro, it's in you. It's in everyone. It's that rage you felt when your neighbor slighted you.

Bottom line: Bloodline has come to stay.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by penzino(m): 12:48pm On May 16, 2015
philfearon:
THE FLASH
GRIMM
SUPERNATURAL:
Man! Really had great season finale!
Looking at Supernatural, one will realize why Cw doesn't want to let go of the series..
As for GRIMM,Juliet has totally gone overboard and too far man!
Seeing that the NBC renewed it for a fifth season,we are in for a scintillating and mind dazzling next series!
As for THE FLASH,I wish the Cw will sustain this tempo man..I hope they just do!
Grimm is just awesome. Thank heavens that Juliet is.. ...............

Supernatural should have just ended here at season 10
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by stinggy(m): 1:53pm On May 16, 2015
penzino:
Grimm is just awesome. Thank heavens that Juliet is.. ...............

Penz my man, u and movies sha lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Recommend movies for me na, Action (guns) or National security/detective series.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 4:11pm On May 16, 2015
koice:

First and foremost, the script was very well written and executed. Danny's fate was pretty clear to everyone right from the moment the series kicked off with it's first episode. We witnessed John dragging the lifeless body of Danny through the beach. Even if you had missed that, you wouldn't have missed the narrator's voice (John's) giving his own perspective on things.

Bottom line: Danny wasn't killed off or ruined by the showrunner(s) as you so carelessly put it, rather, he was meant to die, in fact, his demise was very crucial and could play an important role as to the direction the plot would take in subsequent Episodes.

Yes, Danny was a Jerk, but try to put yourself in his shoes for moment, huh? Your siblings and Dad don't want you around, your Dad disinherited you, your siblings think of you as total fvckup even when you were at your best behavior, your siblings and Dad don't want you anywhere near the family business. Everyone is ashamed of you, even your Mom, secretly. All because of what happened several years ago, something that wasn't really your fault, to begin with. Now, how would you feel?

There are TV series that ain't meant to be taken seriously, their underlying theme: to poke fun at the stuffiness of society. "Bloodline" isn't one of them. The plot was brilliantly crafted that realism became the norm. Every major character, from Danny to Eric have real life versions somewhere out there. I mean, the "Danny" character could be anyone for crying out loud. This is a character most people can relate to. This is a character you can despise and sympathize with all at once. The "Danny" character is more than just a "series character", bro, it's in you. It's in everyone. It's that rage you felt when your neighbor slighted you.

Bottom line: Bloodline has come to stay.

If I were Danny,I would move on! You can't force people to like you nor see who you really are if they don't want to..That's Danny's story!
And like I said,Danny's character was totally messed up;and like John said,"he got what was coming to him!"..He had his chances,he messed them up..
Question is,what didn't they do for him?
Then again,I don't discuss movie characters like some live sports events since they are just acting a role..The last time I saw Danny,he was badass lord in Star Warz!
@the bolded,as at the time the series started,You never knew it was a lifeless body bro!! If u say u knew,you are a liar!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 4:18pm On May 16, 2015
penzino:

It should have ended in season 8!

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 16, 2015
philfearon:

If I were Danny,I would move on! You can't force people to like you nor see who you really are if they don't want to..That's Danny's story!
And like I said,Danny's character was totally messed up;and like John said,"he got what was coming to him!"..He had his chances,he messed them up..
Question is,what didn't they do for him?
Then again,I don't discuss movie characters like some live sports events since they are just acting a role..The last time I saw Danny,he was badass lord in Star Warz!
@the bolded,as at the time the series started,You never knew it was a lifeless body bro!! If u say u knew,you are a liar!

@the bold... Oboy! I don't think you get it at all! The way you look at things leave so much to be desired. It's pretty sad, really.

2+2 will give you 4, right? When you join John's voice over to the flashback of him dragging Danny's body through the beach, only someone that wasn't paying attention would miss the obvious. I'm not a liar, dude, quite unlike you I actually do invest in what I'm watching at any point in time, be it fiction or non-fiction.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 5:02pm On May 16, 2015
koice:

@the bold... Oboy! I don't think you get it at all! The way you look at things leave so much to be desired. It's pretty sad, really.

2+2 will give you 4, right? When you join John's voice over to the flashback of him dragging Danny's body through the beach, only someone that wasn't paying attention would miss the obvious. I'm not a liar, dude, quite unlike you I actually invest in what I'm watching at any point in time, be it fiction or non-fiction.
I still maintain that you didn't know it was a lifeless body he was carrying,even if it was obvious...At most,You thought something really bad has happened to the "Danny" character he was referring to;but not death!
If you knew the body was a lifeless body @ that point,well,good for you then!
But I still refuse to believe you knew..sorry!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 16, 2015
If it makes you happy, then have it your way, God knows I'm bored with the whole pointless argument.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 5:32pm On May 16, 2015
koice:
If it makes you happy, then have it your way, God knows I'm bored with the whole pointless argument.
We are not arguing over anything.. Just telling you what is!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:18pm On May 16, 2015
Hell On Wheels Season 4.

African Americans really suffered in the hands of the racist white majority after the Civil war. They were granted their freedom but were never truly excepted... Even their northern liberators viewed them as no more than mere scums that couldn't read beyond their toes and fingers!

Oh, how my heart burn with red hot ire at white folks!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Miscellaneous(m): 10:47am On May 17, 2015
koice:
Hell On Wheels Season 4.

African Americans really suffered in the hands of the racist white majority after the Civil war. They were granted their freedom but were never truly excepted... Even their northern liberators viewed them as no more than mere scums that couldn't read beyond their toes and fingers!

Oh, how my heart burn with red hot ire at white folks!

all those kind movies cannot be interestinq to watch ……… will be too slow like this idiot I just deleted, banshee.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Superman11(m): 11:11am On May 17, 2015
Phate07:

Rite! wink

@topic
Watching Kyle Xy, Season Two.
seriously your luke 10 years behind in series

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (2814) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: stulp16, Bash92(m), tapingil(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.