Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3503761 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (2814) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 7:59pm On May 21, 2015
Miscellaneous:

Miss you just made me happy……… just the first episode & I know this movie will be fast-paced……… thanks. Anyother fast-paced to recommend?

mehn……… sarah don enter wahala be this o!

[img]http://falafelandearrings.files./2014/10/tumblr_inline_nbexdtuxpt1qg2r0r.gif[/img]

Have you tried Person of Interest or Burn Notice or Leverage? BN is about a CIA agent, who gets burned (disavowed from the agency), he tries to find out who burned him, while helping people out. Leverage is about a group (hacker, hitter, grifter & thief all led by a former insurance investigator) who pull off cons against SoBs, basically it's the American version of Hustle, but they're conning criminals/fat cats etc, to help people. If you like sci-fi try Battlestar Galatica (just get everything they did for the re-imagined series). I'm probably forgetting some really good ones, but oh well...you could always try Spooks...

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Miscellaneous(m): 8:18pm On May 21, 2015
cao:

[img]http://falafelandearrings.files./2014/10/tumblr_inline_nbexdtuxpt1qg2r0r.gif[/img]

Have you tried Person of Interest or Burn Notice or Leverage? BN is about a CIA agent, who gets burned (disavowed from the agency), he tries to find out who burned him, while helping people out. Leverage is about a group (hacker, hitter, grifter & thief all led by a former insurance investigator) who pull off cons against SoBs, basically it's the American version of Hustle, but they're conning criminals/fat cats etc, to help people. If you like sci-fi try Battlestar Galatica (just get everything they did for the re-imagined series). I'm probably forgetting some really good ones, but oh well...you could always try Spooks...

one more thing cao …… are these series continous? I dont want a series where each episode has it's own theme ( it's own bad guy, it's own everything……………)
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Miscellaneous(m): 8:23pm On May 21, 2015
freecocoa:
Oh wow! Homophobic much? shocked

Well, sorry you couldn't enjoy it, I know I did and so did the people I saw it with, if only you can be open minded.

to ur question, not really… dont have the phobia. I just dont know why I even got irritated actually………

Babe, my mind is as open as the word "open"…… truth is: the movie nor funny me…… only manny made me laugh cos he was short and fat.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 8:42pm On May 21, 2015
Miscellaneous:

one more thing cao …… are these series continous? I dont want a series where each episode has it's own theme ( it's own bad guy, it's own everything……………)
They all do your usual big bad of the week, but they do have a general season long story. POI with The Machine (an AI that can predict terrorism and other criminal acts), its operators who try to solve the irrelevant cases (ie the cases the government doesn't give a damn about AKA not terrorism-related) and their future (now current) issues with a rival AI (Samaritan). BSG's overall story is their quest to find a new planet, since the 12 colonies/planets were destroyed by the cylons. BN has Micheal Weston trying re-join the CIA and tracking down the folks that burned him. Leverage is more villain of the week, but the last two episodes of the season usually packs a big blow, then you notice that they were sprinkling tiny seeds here and there during the season.

BSG is epic sci-fi and if you also watch the TV movies and webisodes that were released, you also get some extra insight. Start with the miniseries, then enter the 4 seasons (plus the webisodes that fills in a particular gap, sorry it's been a while, I can't remember if it's a gap between 2 seasons or mid-season) and of course the 2 (or 3?) TV movies that give some added perspective to some scenes in the tv series. Remember look for the re-imagined series from the 2000s. Okay, I've gotta catch a film at my local cinema.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SIRcumalot: 9:38pm On May 21, 2015
traware:
Alright.I'll check out 'silicon valley' very soon.I enjoy the usual comedy series like_30 Rock(season 1-4),The office(UK version 1-2), Parks and recreation,arrested dev(seasons 1-3),drawn together(adult animated series)and oldies but goodies like Seinfeld,Suddenly Susan,Ally Mcbeal,Family ties,A different world,Fresh prince of bel air and Newsradio.Are you also a fan of stand up comedy specials like Martin Lawrences' 'run tell dat' and Eddie Murphys' 'delirious'?If you know any good ones post them and I'll also check them out
Seinfield and 30 rock very good I haven't since the rest
This is the few standups I think are very nice

Louis Ck "oh my god"
George carlin "its bad for ya"
Eddie muurphy "raw"
Chris rock "kill the messenger"
Dave chappelle "for what its worth"
These are the few I think are very good
If you like sketch comedy you all should check out "the chappelle show" also very good

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by freecocoa(f): 10:43pm On May 21, 2015
Miscellaneous:

to ur question, not really… dont have the phobia. I just dont know why I even got irritated actually………

Babe, my mind is as open as the word "open"…… truth is: the movie nor funny me…… only manny made me laugh cos he was short and fat.
Ok then, different strokes.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Miscellaneous(m): 11:24pm On May 21, 2015
cao:

They all do your usual big bad of the week, but they do have a general season long story. POI with The Machine (an AI that can predict terrorism and other criminal acts), its operators who try to solve the irrelevant cases (ie the cases the government doesn't give a damn about AKA not terrorism-related) and their future (now current) issues with a rival AI (Samaritan). BSG's overall story is their quest to find a new planet, since the 12 colonies/planets were destroyed by the cylons. BN has Micheal Weston trying re-join the CIA and tracking down the folks that burned him. Leverage is more villain of the week, but the last two episodes of the season usually packs a big blow, then you notice that they were sprinkling tiny seeds here and there during the season.

BSG is epic sci-fi and if you also watch the TV movies and webisodes that were released, you also get some extra insight. Start with the miniseries, then enter the 4 seasons (plus the webisodes that fills in a particular gap, sorry it's been a while, I can't remember if it's a gap between 2 seasons or mid-season) and of course the 2 (or 3?) TV movies that give some added perspective to some scenes in the tv series. Remember look for the re-imagined series from the 2000s. Okay, I've gotta catch a film at my local cinema.

so on point....... I guess i'll be on four different movies then…… lol. Anyone that makes me feel bored gets deleted..... lol

thanks, I'm grateful.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:32am On May 22, 2015
Marco Polo.

Not bad. Kind of cheesy, not the kind of drama one would expect from the coffers of Netflix, but all the same, well worth the 10 hours (non-consecutive) I spent binging on the episodes. Bravo, Netflix, Bravo!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Lordseyad(m): 9:44am On May 22, 2015
Miscellaneous:
Seriously, vikings is over-hyped! I was bored with the small village (kattegat) & they couldn't make it interesting ……… I stopped after watching the 1st 6 episodes…… boring.

Hmmm--- jxt as my bros thought, before I forced him to keep watching cos am ahead of him then. Now he is a die hard fan of the series. CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT SEASON--
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by moneyallowed(m): 10:05am On May 22, 2015
koice:
Marco Polo.

Not bad. Kind of cheesy, not the kind of drama one would expect from the coffers of Netflix, but all the same, well worth the 10 hours (non-consecutive) I spent binging on it. Bravo, Netflix, Bravo!
Netflix is great for bingeing. I wish all shows were on Netflix, watch the entire thing once and for all. Not this weekly nonsense

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SIRANDREWS: 10:22am On May 22, 2015
silicon valley is great.
now up to date with latest episode
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SIRANDREWS: 10:23am On May 22, 2015
silicon valley is great.
now up to date with latest episode
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Miscellaneous(m): 11:05am On May 22, 2015
Lordseyad:
Hmmm--- jxt as my bros thought, before I forced him to keep watching cos am ahead of him then. Now he is a die hard fan of the series. CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT SEASON--

too sad bro…… u will get to understand soon. I am still angry with myself for wasting 4hrs+ watching 6 episodes of that lame story. Why not watch OrphanBlack cao introduced me to? Only the 1st episode will get u wanting for more……… besides the actress has the right qualities *winks*
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 12:55pm On May 22, 2015
Miscellaneous:
Seriously, vikings is over-hyped! I was bored with the small village (kattegat) & they couldn't make it interesting ……… I stopped after watching the 1st 6 episodes…… boring.

Your miss!
You watched the first six episodes and couldn't finish the next four?
Hmmmm!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 1:02pm On May 22, 2015
moneyallowed:

Netflix is great for bingeing. I wish all shows were on Netflix, watch the entire thing once and for all. Not this weekly nonsense
Netflix is not a TV channel!!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 22, 2015
moneyallowed:

Well, Netflix has certain advantages that others don't have - it's web based. Thus, both logically and technically, it's far easier to upload one full season on a webpage for the subscribers viewing pleasure than it would be for a cable or terrestrial network to do same, seeing they were Television-based and operate mainly from the revenue garnered from the weekly commercial breaks.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by moneyallowed(m): 2:51pm On May 22, 2015
philfearon:

Netflix is not a TV channel!!
Lol i know that. The channels could develop their online platforms too. In the near future the likes of Netflix and streaming networks may replace cable tv altogether. So many advantages
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Miscellaneous(m): 3:14pm On May 22, 2015
philfearon:
Your miss! You watched the first six episodes and couldn't finish the next four? Hmmmm!
the story lacks cohesion & good theme. And again, too slow………
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by traware(m): 3:15pm On May 22, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Seinfield and 30 rock very good I haven't since the rest
This is the few standups I think are very nice

Louis Ck "oh my god"
George carlin "its bad for ya"
Eddie muurphy "raw"
Chris rock "kill the messenger"
Dave chappelle "for what its worth"
These are the few I think are very good
If you like sketch comedy you all should check out "the chappelle show" also very good
Thanks man!...I'll surely check on them
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by traware(m): 3:18pm On May 22, 2015
koice:

Well, Netflix has certain advantages that others don't have - it's web based. Thus, both logically and technically, it's far easier to upload one full season on a webpage for the subscribers viewing pleasure than it would be for a cable or terrestrial network to do same, seeing they were Television-based and operate mainly from the revenue garnered from the weekly commercial breaks.
Hey man,have you watched the film 'Ex Machina'?If you haven't you should because from your choice of movies and tv shows,I can bet my last kobo you'll love the themes in this film
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 22, 2015
traware:
Hey man,have you watched the film 'Ex Machina'?If you haven't you should because from your choice of movies and tv shows,I can bet my last kobo you'll love the themes in this film

I haven't, but now that you'd mention it, I'll endeavor to.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 22, 2015
Huff Season 1
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by joanana(f): 4:06pm On May 22, 2015
cry cry cry Just Finished a Korean tv series " The Moon that Embraces The Sun". Its very interesting..
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 5:54pm On May 22, 2015
moneyallowed:

Lol i know that. The channels could develop their online platforms too. In the near future the likes of Netflix and streaming networks may replace cable tv altogether. So many advantages
Till then!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 5:58pm On May 22, 2015
Miscellaneous:

the story lacks cohesion & good theme. And again, too slow………
So,a series shown on the History channel lacks cohesion?
Its your choice though..Different folks,different choice!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Miscellaneous(m): 7:44pm On May 22, 2015
philfearon:

So,a series shown on the History channel lacks cohesion?
Its your choice though..Different folks,different choice!

guy go and watch OB, if there is ever a scene dat gets u bored, stop the movie…… I didn't say episode, I said scene....

that's how a movie should be ………
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:40pm On May 22, 2015
This guy kept referring "TV series" as movies... For him mind, movies and TV series are the same. Diaris god oh. undecided
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 22, 2015
koice:
This guy kept referring "TV series" as movies... For him mind, movies and TV series are the same. Diaris god oh. undecided
pls help me with the link to Marco polo.site where I could download it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 10:09pm On May 22, 2015
Miscellaneous:

guy go and watch OB, if there is ever a scene dat gets u bored, stop the movie…… I didn't say episode, I said scene....

that's how a movie should be ………
OK.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kazzonline: 12:15am On May 23, 2015
Wayward pines anyone watching

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 12:32am On May 23, 2015
Supergirl.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ewuro4: 5:20am On May 23, 2015
Wayward pines, American crime, Stalker.

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (2814) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread