Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,979 members, 7,806,857 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3500867 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (2813) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ennyboss(m): 4:07pm On Nov 22, 2015
has, anyone seen the man in the high castle.... crazy series!!!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Guykhena(m): 4:12pm On Nov 22, 2015
darkenedrebel:

I didn't make it past 3 episodes ..i considered it a waste of time...
heck...if I want long intellectual dialogues I can always go watch- How to get away with murder..at least I wouldn't doze off while watching that...
^^^ I thought as much,with that nobody should have taken you seriously.
Its a bit ironic,you condemning the ratings/5 star reviews of professional critics who actually saw all the episodes before they gave their conclusion,compared to you just 3 episodes in and you're like screw this show,it is boring,now tell me why would anyone take your word for it ?

sorry..but a female protagonist as a superhero especially one with a rabbit face is a huge turnoff for me grin
& unlike most people I don't follow the crowd in watching something I don't enjoy..
can we just chill till season 2/3 ....I can guarantee people would start losing interest..just like I predicted for Empire...
I don't watch shallow shows
I guess being patient isn't your strongest suit.
What's shallow is you jumping to a conclusion when you're not even half way through,man up jor and see it all to the end then you can give a proper assesment not this hullabaloo.
Don't be a wimp who ducks out smiley

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kingsilly(m): 4:16pm On Nov 22, 2015
darkenedrebel:

How much are you willing to wager?

Yeah...& I told that the ratings isn't all that matters..It's all politics & aren't always honest..
The fact that Marvel is involved is a guarantee that it's bound to be a success story- the bone of contention are the fans/the lomngetivity
How long would people be interested in watching J.J?
That's what seperates a great show from an average show..

You say Daredevil's rating has been 80% ...season 2 is not even out yet & it is already losing steam...see? Despite its high rating...

I said over 80%, How's daredevil loosing steam, na u dey cook am. grin

Will be here and see if JJ looses steam, I'm done arguing.. As for daredevil steam loosing see attached..

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 22, 2015
Ultimatesammie:

Luke Cage

cao:

FIXED. That was bugging the hell out of me.

Lolz. I swear, I was thinking 'Cage' but for some unfathomable reason I wrote 'Gage' instead. Thanks y'all for the correction, anyway. smiley
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 22, 2015
Guykhena:
^^^ I thought as much,with that nobody should have taken you seriously.
Its a bit ironic,you condemning the ratings/5 star reviews of professional critics who actually saw all the episodes before they gave their conclusion,compared to you just 3 episodes in and you're like screw this show,it is boring,now tell me why would anyone take your word for it ?

Last time I checked everyone is entitled to his/her opinion.
i don't have to watch more than 3 episodes to know whether I'm feeling a series or not..
It's love at first sight for me...that's how it works for me..

Guykhena:
[size=11pt][font=Georgia]
I guess being patient isn't your strongest suit.
What's shallow is you jumping to a conclusion when you're not even half way through,man up jor and see it all to the end then you can give a proper assesment not this hullabaloo.
Don't be a wimp who ducks out smiley

What's shallow is me thinking it's a wack show & some knuckleheads are getting tensed over it cheesy

You are right though...I don't have the patience..I'm seeing 15 shows currently & I don't have time/patience for sluggish/average slows like JJ....
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 22, 2015
kingsilly:

I said over 80%, How's daredevil loosing steam, na u dey cook am. grin

Will be here and see if JJ looses steam, I'm done arguing.. As for daredevil steam loosing see attached..

This guy you be mumu...I've told you ratings & all those stuffs are just miscellaneous ..
What matters is-
• the number of people that would keep watching it after its 1st season....
•how often it is being talked about - on social media platforms, offices etc...how many times have you seen people discussing Daredevil here?

Not all great series pull the crowd or would end up having a keen cult following...that's the point I'm trying to make with J.J
Daredevil/JJ are good shows but they don't have the IT factor, thus, they won't last....
come on...am I the only clairvoyant person in this room....it's quite obvious
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 22, 2015
darkenedrebel:

You should really learn how to respect other people's opinions though

I have no problem with you thinking J.J is the best show ever, but flinging subliminal slurs because someone thinks otherwise is not healthy...
some people actually think Arrow is crap or The Flash is for children, but I don't go.around telling them they are the type that watches Supergirl or Scoobydoo.
.that's why we are humans..different things appeal to us....

This guy self... undecided

I was minding my goram business, then you came with your troubles, accusing me of overhyping a subpar show. Being the kind of person that always speak his mind, I rightly made the right deduction that you're the sort that hate complex shows... then came the epistle, which I countered with my own, then came another epistle - although this one is more of a ranting - and once again I countered it with mine. Then came the insults, which I laughed off, ushering in more insults from you. Now does that about sum it up?

Before you lay down a piece of half-baked advice, be sure to look in the mirror first and foremost. I wasn't the perp here, you were.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Guykhena(m): 4:36pm On Nov 22, 2015
darkenedrebel:

Last time I checked everyone is entitled to his/her opinion.
.i don't have to watch more than 3 episodes to know whether I'm feeling a series or not..
It's love at first sight for me...that's how it is for me
This is a Netflix series not some Tv show,the love at first sight ish don't work.
For tv shows you can make up your mind after the first episode if you're gonna continue seeing the show,this is Netflix,all episodes are available at once its more like a movie,so you can't just judge it all by just the 1st part.
Take Avengers for example if everyone followed your logic no one would sit through it,the first half was kinda boring,but plotwise it was relevant.

What's shallow is me thinking it'sna wack show & some knuckleheads are getting tensed.over it cheesy
You are right though...I don't have the patience..I'm seeing 15 shows currently & I don't have time/patience for sluggish slows like JJ....
lol@tensed up,they're feeling that way because of your derogatory statement you made about anyone that actually likes Jessica Jones being boring.
Which counters your first statement about peeps being entitled to his/her own opinion.

@Bolded why didn't you just start with that and save us all the trouble smiley .
Well,thats the beauty about Netflix shows you can always get to see at anytime not necessarily now.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Darey00(m): 4:54pm On Nov 22, 2015
Nawa o,this again. Can someone put me in a category then?
I watched/watch:
= TVD
= The Originals
= Suits
= Hart of dixie
= Empire
= Nashville
= GOT
= Breaking bad
= Better call saul
= HTGAWM
= Brooklyn 99
= modern family
= Blackish
= The Goldbergs
= Kevin from work
= Silicon valley
= Power
= You re the worst.
and more. my best comedy is modern family,TVD was the bomb 4rm season 1 to 3, I only started to enjoy Breaking bad late in season 2,even my 2 guys i shared d series with got bored in no time. I also think that Silicon valley is a wack job. its all abt opinion
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 22, 2015
Darey00:
my best comedy is modern family,TVD was the bomb 4rm season 1 to 3, I only started to enjoy Breaking bad late in season 2,even my 2 guys i shared d series with got bored in no time. I also think that Silicon valley is a wack job. its all abt opinion

The bold got me chuckling. I disagree of course, but the way you said it is pretty amusing. grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 22, 2015
Ah ah, abeg , no turn this thread into bashing thread nw.. @koice and darkenedrebel..

I think jessica jones needs patience, look at ray donovan for example, it started making sense from episode 6..

Its very obvious that darkenedrebel does not like extremely slow burners..

What i dont get in Jessica jones is why they have sex with their clothes on When its not nollywood or sth..

All the same, we cant have the same views and opinion on tv series... So, lets just exchange ideas here and not bash each other.. ABEG, na beg i dey beg you people..

Meanwhile, i still wont judge jj till episode6...

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Darey00(m): 5:04pm On Nov 22, 2015
koice:

The bold got me chuckling. I disagree of course, but the way you said it is pretty amusing. grin
I swear..thats 772mb i can never get back. 2 seasons and the only punchline i could salvage was:
"like big head's app,NipAlert. it gives u the location of a woman with erect nipples"
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 5:05pm On Nov 22, 2015
Koice, are you a browncoat? I saw that "Goram", shiny!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 22, 2015
koice:

This guy self...
I was minding my goram business, then you came with your troubles, accusing me of overhyping a subpar show

stop acting like a girl...

This was what I saw -
koice:

Finally through with Jessica Jones. That Kilgrave eh... hmm... no comment for now... don't wanna spoil it for those that haven't had the pleasure. Badass series, star studded cast, fantastic plot, great delivery

& this was what I said-

I've just checked out jessica jones..the show is average to me...why the over-hype though?

so how is that looking for trouble? this is a public forum bimbo...
you were the one who came later on with a barrage of subliminal disses & condescending statements about me being the type that watches Supergirl & whatever unintelligent yappings you were ruminating....
You don't have the right to cry foul...I merely reciprocated your hostile gesture...

koice:

Being the kind of person that always speak his mind, I rightly made the right deduction that you're the sort that hate complex shows

Well, your deduction failed woefully this time, because as a matter of fact I eat & breathe complexity...
I even made it clear that Hannibal & Da Vinci Demons are more complex than J.J and yet I still love em', so using the complexity angle to explain why I don't enjoy J.J is a fail...
The language/vocab/Jargons/Parlance of JJ in 2nd grade... What is so complex about it?

koice:

Then came the epistle, which I countered with my own, then came another epistle - although this one is more of a ranting - and once again I countered it with mine. Then came the insults, which I laughed off, ushering in more insults from you. Now does that about sum i. up?

The insults were a rebuttal- you started them..
I never typed any epistle..you were the one typing out 400 words not me...read back..

koice:

Before you lay down a piece of half-baked advice, be sure to look in the mirror first and foremost. I wasn't the perp here, you were

I'm afraid the person who needs to take this advice here is you.. stop making wrong assertions about someone especially when you know nowt about the person.....good day

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 22, 2015
cao:

grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 22, 2015
Guykhena:
This is a Netflix series not some Tv show,the love at first sight ish don't work.
For tv shows you can make up your mind after the first episode if you're gonna continue seeing the show,this is Netflix,all episodes are available at once its more like a movie,so you can't just judge it all by just the 1st part.
Take Avengers for example if everyone followed your logic no one would sit through it,the first half was kinda boring,but plotwise it was relevant.

lol@tensed up,they're feeling that way because of your derogatory statement you made about anyone that actually likes Jessica Jones being boring.
Which counters your first statement about peeps being entitled to his/her own opinion.

@Bolded why didn't you just start with that and save us all the trouble smiley .
Well,thats the beauty about Netflix shows you can always get to see at anytime not necessarily now.

Please quote where I made any derogatory statement to any fan of J.J unless if it was a rebuttal of course...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 22, 2015
cao:

grin grin I see you have watched Firefly too.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 22, 2015
Did someone just called silicon valley a wack job
Holy sh!t.. Abeg.. Silicon valley is sweet.. Very sweet..
If you want punchlines, go listen to kendrick lamar, lil wayne and pasumagrin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Darey00(m): 5:17pm On Nov 22, 2015
viickerz:
Did someone just called silicon valley a wack job

Holy sh!t.. Abeg.. Silicon valley is sweet.. Very sweet..

If you want punchlines, go listen to kendrick lamar, lil wayne and pasumagrin
Abegi..i found it boring. Your opinion tho

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 22, 2015
viickerz:
Ah ah, abeg , no turn this thread into bashing thread nw.. @koce and darkenedrebel..

I think jessica jones needs patience, look at ray donovan for example, it started making sense from episode 6..

Its very obvious that darkenedrebel does not like extremely slow burners..

What i dont get in Jessica jones is why they have sex with their clothes on When its not nollywood or sth..

All the same, we cant have the same views and opinion on tv series... So, lets just exchange ideas here and not bash each other.. ABEG, na beg i dey beg you people..

Meanwhile, i still wont judge jj till episode6...

You may be right about the slow burners angle ..the thing is I follow my instincts & get warped up pretty easily if the show fleetly tickles my imagination..call it love at first sight...If it cannot captivate my attention with its first 4/5 episodes, i tend to opt out & lose interest

but with what everybody have been saying, I might decide to watch episode 4 tonight.
This is J.J's last chance - If it doesn't impress me tonight ,I'm kicking it out forever. grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Guykhena(m): 5:27pm On Nov 22, 2015
darkenedrebel:

Please quote where I made any derogatory statement to any fan of J.J unless if it was a rebuttal of course...
darkenedrebel:

If the over 50k Youtubers from all around the globe that called it a crappy show don't know what's good like you opined, then only geeks like you would think it to be a great show. ..tbh I don't find the show a bit appealing..it's ridiculously wack.....with time you would understand....
Darkenedrebel:

what type of person types epistles on a sunday if not a nerdy social recluse..
no wonder retarded shows are appealing to you..boring shows fit boring people... .
Clearly your whole "Respecting of Opinions" doesn't factor here.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 22, 2015
Guykhena:

Clearly your whole "Respecting of Opinions" doesn't factor here.

like I said - except if they were whimsical rebuttals.

he dissed me & the Youtubers & he was treated the same..no biggie
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Guykhena(m): 5:42pm On Nov 22, 2015
darkenedrebel:

like I said - except if they were whimsical rebuttals.

he dissed me & the Youtubers & he was treated the same..no biggie

An eye for an eye?
Abeg let's just keep it civil here,no need to act like kids,we can pass our messages without being vulgar.
And to the rest,not everyone must like what we like,but if you feel some kinda way,give compelling reasons not attacks..

Back to watching my "boring" Jessica Jones sad 4 episodes to go...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 22, 2015
darkenedrebel:

You may be right about the slow burners angle ..the thing is I follow my instincts & get warped up pretty easily if the show fleetly tickles my imagination..call it love at first sight...If it cannot captivate my attention with its first 4/5 episodes, i tend to opt out & lose interest

but with what everybody have been saying, I might decide to watch episode 4 tonight.
This is J.J's last chance - If it doesn't impress me tonight ,I'm kicking it out forever. grin
grin i have not even reached episode 4, this video game im playing no allow me..

Lets see how it goes sha..
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 22, 2015
Darey00:
Abegi..i found it boring. Your opinion tho
ah guy, na wa for u oo..grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Alfred234(m): 6:02pm On Nov 22, 2015
Darey00:
I watched/watch:
= TVD
= The Originals
= Suits
= Hart of dixie
= Empire
= Nashville
= GOT
= Breaking bad
= Better call saul
= HTGAWM
= Brooklyn 99
= modern family
= Blackish
= The Goldbergs
= Kevin from work
= Silicon valley
= Power
= You re the worst.
and more. my best comedy is modern family,TVD was the bomb 4rm season 1 to 3, I only started to enjoy Breaking bad late in season 2,even my 2 guys i shared d series with got bored in no time. I also think that Silicon valley is a wack job. its all abt opinion
Silicon Valley is cool bro unless you are not into tech.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Alfred234(m): 6:13pm On Nov 22, 2015
Seriously the producers of Jessica Jones need to go and ask the producers of Sense8 how to make a sex scene. angry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Darey00(m): 6:39pm On Nov 22, 2015
Alfred234:

Silicon Valley is cool bro unless you are not into tech.
Baba no mind me jere,am a computer science student so i relate with all d tech jargon.i wasnt just feeling it
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 22, 2015
viickerz:

grin i have not even reached episode 4, this video game im playing no allow me..

Lets see how it goes sha..

I've been laughing my aśs off with this Black Jesus I'm watching currently...have you seen it?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 22, 2015
Girls Season 4
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 22, 2015
darkenedrebel:

I've been laughing my aśs off with this Black Jesus I'm watching currently...have you seen it?
sure na.. One black guy that plants weed and acts and dresses like Jesus.. Funny like the boondocks
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SIRcumalot: 8:27pm On Nov 22, 2015
I dey talk am again nobody dey watch the 2nd season of fargo for here ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (2813) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: spookem(m), Niok and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.