Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,178 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3499804 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (2812) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by UjSizzle(f): 3:58pm On Feb 10, 2016
darkenedrebel:

I see you have finally received that imperial stamp of approval from Queen Elizabeth that I faxed you weeks ago. *Chop knuckle* cool

Downloaded Into The Badlands E1. Will tell you what I think after.

Did you see Shadow Hunters?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:08pm On Feb 10, 2016
Vikings007:
what's the name of Your fone biko?
Gionee M5
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by teeboy03(m): 4:19pm On Feb 10, 2016
Vikings007:
watched Banshee?

Is "Person of interest" Interesting?
have seen season 1 nd 2 of banshee.

and yes person of interest is interesting.

Wetin happen to your thread oga 2pointsonly.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 10, 2016
I jilted my girlfriend today because I found a new love. And her name is Suits. grin
Omg! The scriptwriters are geniuses!!!!!

This is what Norbert Young would call dialogue for drama punned in a Non compos mentis state.
The language & conversation technique is so unreal - they probably döped before writing for the series, or had their pen kiss the Blarney Stone for the gift of the gab. Who knows? cheesy

If George Orwell, Harold Pinter or any of the deceased & greatest grammarians or playwrights ever saw this show, they'd continue to rest in everlasting peace with a smirk on their faces. cool

I'm officially rating this show above Prison Break & Breaking bad.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 10, 2016
bykebyke:
Gionee M5
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 10, 2016
teeboy03:
have seen season 1 nd 2 of banshee.

and yes person of interest is interesting.

Wetin happen to your thread oga 2pointsonly.
nothing happen o, I still dey chill for "villa".
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:40pm On Feb 10, 2016
UjSizzle:

Downloaded Into The Badlands E1. Will tell you what I think after.
Did you see Shadow Hunters?

Okay - Highly anticipating your commentary.

I've downloaded Shadow Hunters but my new & jealous girlfriend aka Suits is deterring me from watching it. grin

Have you seen Suits?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by UjSizzle(f): 4:43pm On Feb 10, 2016
darkenedrebel:

Okay - Highly anticipating your commentary.

I've downloaded Shadow Hunters but my new girlfriend aka Suits would is deterring me from watching it grin

Have you seen Suits?
Nah. I'm limiting the number of series I watch. We already have two fanatics in my house grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 4:45pm On Feb 10, 2016
darkenedrebel:

Do you still watch Ash vs Evil dead?

Who's seeing "Mercy street" here? Can anyone tell me if it's worth downloading.
I've been ignoring a lot of my shows (except 2 Broke Girls), I'll eventually catch up with them.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:57pm On Feb 10, 2016
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dubylhover(m): 4:58pm On Feb 10, 2016
darkenedrebel:
I jilted my girlfriend today because I found a new love. And her name is Suits. grin

This is what Norbert Young would call dialogue for drama punned in a Non compos mentis state.
The language & conversation technique is so unreal - they probably döped before writing for the series, or had their pen kiss the Blarney Stone for the gift of the gab. Who knows? cheesy

If George Orwell, Harold Pinter or any of the deceased & greatest grammarians or playwrights ever saw this show, they'd continue to rest in everlasting peace with a smirk on their faces. cool

I've always said that d scriptwriter is too dope,d dialogue is just fresh Nd unique...its quite good...

you choose a bad day to say its better than prison break oo D: I'm just rewatching it starting from season 1,I just got annoyed with all d series airing currently,cos theyre all shitty compared to PB
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 5:11pm On Feb 10, 2016
darkenedrebel:

Same here. You were saying something about me needing 2/3 plane tickets the other day. What if I do have them? I'm serious . cool
Err...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 10, 2016
dubylhover:

I've always said that d scriptwriter is too dope,d dialogue is just fresh Nd unique...its quite good...

you choose a bad day to say its better than prison break oo D: I'm just rewatching it starting from season 1,I just got annoyed with all d series airing currently,cos theyre all shitty compared to PB

No bluff, the scriptwriters deserve a baccalaureate in Literature. It easily tromps the likes of Hannibal & HTGAWM in terms of parlance. I just enjoy the witticisms, figures of speech....damn! It's like listening to the great Churchill Winston trying to pander a troop of aggravated pickets.

Okay, If we are talking about who's higher on the ladder in terms of legacy, I'd choose Prison Break.
But based on dialogue, language, content and humor, I'd pick "Suits".
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 10, 2016
cao:

Err...

Why the choke? You need a Heimlich manoeuvre?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Mutaino7(m): 5:31pm On Feb 10, 2016
The flash: earth two Joe is a jazz singer ....... omoh cisco raymond is funny.. i love this doppelganger shit
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dubylhover(m): 5:48pm On Feb 10, 2016
darkenedrebel:

No bluff, the scriptwriters deserve a baccalaureate in Literature. It easily tromps the likes of Hannibal & HTGAWM in terms of parlance. I just enjoy the witticisms, figures of speech....damn! It's like listening to the great Churchill Winston trying to pander a troop of aggravated pickets.

Okay, If we are talking about who's higher on the ladder in terms of legacy, I'd choose Prison Break.

no doubt,when it comes to dialogue embedded with wit, punchline and humour,suits is second to none....
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 10, 2016
dubylhover:

no doubt,when it comes to dialogue embedded with wit, punchline and humour,suits is second to none....
https://www.nairaland.com/2907339/suits-tv-series-fanpage
were need ur comments here. Thanks
Cc:darkenedrebel
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by tunnex190: 6:19pm On Feb 10, 2016
bykebyke:

Yes of course.

grin the series is just so funny.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by funshyboi(m): 6:37pm On Feb 10, 2016
Who's gat any movie that's more of secret services like 24,NCIS,Homeland and strike back.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:44pm On Feb 10, 2016
tunnex190:

grin the series is just so funny.
I'm about to watch the first episode of the UK version,lemme see if it's as funny as the US version. grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ifyalways(f): 7:04pm On Feb 10, 2016
Billions on hold, watching the player 1 now.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ausproxi(m): 7:06pm On Feb 10, 2016
Vikings007:
watched Banshee?

Is "Person of interest" Interesting?
Banshee Na bam movie if u ask me grin
But den no finish am well, there should be season 4 angry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SIRcumalot: 7:13pm On Feb 10, 2016
darkenedrebel:

you mean suits where they must force one movie reference into every episode.
I like the series well enough haven't seen the last two seasons though.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kezifils(m): 7:15pm On Feb 10, 2016
darkenedrebel:

I was reading all u wia saying with interest until u rated suits above breaking bad and Prison break. Re u kidding me right nw? Suits is great no doubt buh Breaking bad still trumps it. My opinion though
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kezifils(m): 7:20pm On Feb 10, 2016
Marco Polo is nice. Anyone seen it?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 10, 2016
ausproxi:

Banshee Na bam movie if u ask me grin
But den no finish am well, there should be season 4 angry
coming out April grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 10, 2016
SIRcumalot:

you mean suits where they must force one movie reference every episode.
I like the series well enough haven't seen the last two seasons though.

Seriously? They force references? - When Louis Litt told Harold he woulda left his cat with Michael Vick(Quarterback for Pittsburgh steelers) for better babysitting, was that a forced reference?.
•That line was hilarious because that's like telling someone you woulda left your one year old kid with Casey Anthony for better babysitting. The antithesis made it funny.

Unless you didn't fully get the humor in the references, nothing seems forced to me. The metaphors/paraphors are on steroids!

You know why most people won't get it? Because it's usually laced in subtle fashion. You'd have to listen attentively & be well-rounded in music, movies, science, Art, current affairs etc to able to really get them

Lemme give you some allusions of the ingenuity of the covert double-entendres.

Scottie: You really are a dick
Louis: I'm Moby goddamn dick and you just swarm in my waters.

Moby dick = a novel by Herman Melville
Moby dick = a whale
Waters = Sperm
Swarm in my waters = Sperms swim towards a woman's ovary to penetrate an egg/It also means Scottie just caught the Hail Mary shot Louis threw at her.
There's also a a toothed whale known as sperm whale(common cachalot)

Now tell me that reference and wordplay up there wasn't sick grin

Check this one out -

Harvey: I paid because I wanted you to stay. I did it as a romantic gesture
Scottie: Well, Pretty woman may have been a romantic movie, but Julie Roberts was still a hooker.

I liked that particular reference because I stole a ''Pretty Woman" video cassette from my uncle's movie shelf to go watch in my grandmother's place in 2002 grin

Abeg. Suits officially has its foot up the àsses of two bïtches known as Metaphors and Personifications.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 10, 2016
Kezifils:

I was reading all u wia saying with interest until u rated suits above breaking bad and Prison break. Re u kidding me right nw? Suits is great no doubt buh Breaking bad still trumps it. My opinion though

Breaking Bad is unfuckwitable, but Suits is priceless.
I'd say - Suits is Batman and Breaking Bad is Wonder boy or Robin
Or
Suits is Clark Kent and Breaking Bad is Chloe Sullivan grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 10, 2016
Too much groundnut don dey affect my eye. grin

I actually thought I saw - "Two lunatics in the house. I read back and saw fanatics

My bad. I would stop eating groundnut grin

Ujsizzle
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SIRcumalot: 8:29pm On Feb 10, 2016
darkenedrebel:

Seriously? They force references? - When Louis Litt told Harold he woulda left his cat with Michael Vick(Quarterback for Pittsburgh steelers) for better babysitting, was that a forced reference?.
•That line was hilarious because that's like telling someone you woulda left your one year old kid with Casey Anthony for better babysitting. The antithesis made it funny.

Unless you didn't fully get the humor in the references, nothing seems forced to me. The metaphors/paraphors are on steroids!

You know why most people won't get it? Because it's usually laced in subtle fashion. You'd have to listen attentively & be well-rounded in music, movies, science, Art, current affairs etc to able to really get them

Lemme give you some allusions of the ingenuity of the covert double-entendres.

Scottie: You really are a dick
Louis: I'm Moby goddamn dick and you just swarm in my waters.

Moby dick = a novel by Herman Melville
Moby dick = a whale
Waters = Sperm
Swarm in my waters = Sperms swim towards a woman's ovary to penetrate an egg.
There's also a a toothed whale known as sperm whale(common cachalot)

Now tell me that reference and wordplay up there wasn't sick grin

Check this one out -

Harvey: I paid because I wanted you to stay. I did it as a romantic gesture
Scottie: Well, Pretty woman may have been a romantic movie, but Julie Roberts was still a hooker.

I liked that particular reference because I stole a ''Pretty Woman" video cassette from my uncle's movie shelf to go watch in my grandmother's place in 2002 grin

Abeg. Suits officially has its foot up the àsses of two bïtches known as Metaphors and Personifications.

if I didn't get any of their references the subtle and the overts ones I wouldn't have said they shoe horn references particularly movies into every episode would I ?
keep watching and see what I mean,except you like that sort of thing and it will get old
am not saying its a bad show but dialogue wise? na
it is your opinion though and I respect it.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Blackops(m): 8:34pm On Feb 10, 2016
Right now am watching- Billions 1 Legends of Tomorrow 1 The Magician 1 Flash 2 Just finished Homeland 5 Just finished Into the Badlands 1 Chronicles of Shannara *Anticipating How to get Away with Murder Game of Thrones. This one I can't joke with it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by UjSizzle(f): 8:49pm On Feb 10, 2016
darkenedrebel:
Too much groundnut don dey affect my eye. grin

I actually thought I saw - "Two lunatics in the house. I read back and saw fanatics

My bad. I would stop eating groundnut grin

Ujsizzle
God go help you.

Downloaded Shannara's theme song.

Ruelle-- Until we go down

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (2812) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: gbosah91(m), Silentgroper(m), Crownfit01(m) and 3 guest(s)