Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,599 members, 7,801,727 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3492745 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (2808) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kezifils(m): 8:58pm On Feb 10, 2016
darkenedrebel:

Breaking Bad is unfuckwitable, but Suits is priceless.
I'd say - Suits is Batman and Breaking Bad is Wonder boy or Robin
Or
Suits is Clark Kent and Breaking Bad is Chloe Sullivan grin

Guy why u do breaking bad like dis nah? At least u for compare with Zod not a mere mortal
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 9:23pm On Feb 10, 2016
That awkward moment when somebody said your best
Series is a wack
You will use your last breathe to argue it
Darkrebel grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ausproxi(m): 10:04pm On Feb 10, 2016
Vikings007:
coming out April grin
wow shocked
I can't wait to get it smiley
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 10, 2016
I just realised that i may be misogynistic while watching shameless,i got so pissed at Fiona because she was sleeping around and being cheap,then when she cheated on that musician guy i almost smashed my screen,then my girlfriend got pissed at me saying that if twas a guy sleeping with different girls that i would love him and cheer him on,i got rationale and realised how true this is,most of my favourite male characters sleep around and cheat and flirt and i cheer them on,but when a female character betrays a lover by cheating i get so miffed,case in point in the last season of Justified when Ava cheated on Boyd then betrayed him to Raylan,i got so angry and emotional i couldnt keep on watching. In essence what am saying is that watching movies enlightened me about a great flaw in me,maybe its male chauvinism or whatever,now am trying to correct the double-standards,please who else relates with this?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:28pm On Feb 10, 2016
UjSizzle:

God go help you.

Downloaded Shannara's theme song.
Ruelle-- Until we go down

My fave series theme song of all time is still that of "Smallville" - Remy Zero "Save me".
That song is very uplifting.

Kezifils:

Guy why u do breaking bad like dis nah? At least u for compare with Zod not a mere mortal

My bad, peep this.

Suits is Thor and Breaking bad is Loki(without his voodoo powers)

Suits is Chris brown and Breaking bad is Rihanna - i.e Suits physically assaults BB

And last but not least - Suits is Mr Marcus and BB is Jada Fire - meaning Suits literarily fücks the shït out of BB grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dubylhover(m): 10:45pm On Feb 10, 2016
darkenedrebel:

My fave series theme song of all time is still that of "Smallville" - Remy Zero "Save me".

My bad, peep this.

Suits is Chris brown and Breaking bad is Rihanna - i.e Suits physically assaults BB

And last but not least - Suits is Mr Marcus and BB is Jada Fire - meaning Suits literarily fücks the shït out of BB grin

bro,jayz wud say* numbers dont lie,check the scoreboard* Google bb and suits then come back and testify....you're overhyping suits too much..
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:58pm On Feb 10, 2016
Singapore1:
That awkward moment when somebody said your best
Series is a wack
You will use your last breathe to argue it
Darkrebel grin

Suits is more than just a series to me. We are in a filial and 2-way-road relationship - meaning our love is unconditional & reciprocal. I would order Vasily Zaytsev to put a bullet in anyone who calls it wack cool
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:00pm On Feb 10, 2016
fabiano09:
I just realised that i may be misogynistic while watching shameless,i got so pissed at Fiona because she was sleeping around and being cheap,then when she cheated on that musician guy i almost smashed my screen,then my girlfriend got pissed at me saying that if twas a guy sleeping with different girls that i would love him and cheer him on,i got rationale and realised how true this is,most of my favourite male characters sleep around and cheat and flirt and i cheer them on,but when a female character betrays a lover by cheating i get so miffed,case in point in the last season of Justified when Ava cheated on Boyd then betrayed him to Raylan,i got so angry and emotional i couldnt keep on watching. In essence what am saying is that watching movies enlightened me about a great flaw in me,maybe its male chauvinism or whatever,now am trying to correct the double-standards,please who else relates with this?

I get you. But that's why we are Men. Mother Nature ordained that we get a lot of free passes cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 11:05pm On Feb 10, 2016
darkenedrebel:

Suits is more than just a series to me. We are in a filial and 2-way-road relationship - meaning our love is unconditional & reciprocal. I would order Vasily Zaytsev to put a bullet in anyone who calls it wack cool
suits cool
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:17pm On Feb 10, 2016
dubylhover:

bro, Jay Z wud say* numbers dont lie,check the scoreboard* Google bb and suits then come back and testify....you're overhyping suits too much..

And why should I respect the utterances of a man who got beat up with stilettos by a negress in an elevator(Solange Knowles)
I think he meant to say: ''Numbers don't lie, check the elevator" grin

I don't need to Google to read comments made by nerdy suburban white boys. I have a certificate in stage acting/drama, plus I was mentored for 3 months by the legendary Norbert motherfücking Young for Pete sake.
I can review it myself. cool

4 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:41pm On Feb 10, 2016
Louis: If I ask you to jump, what would you say?

Katrina Bennett: I would ask how high am I to jump

Louis: What of if I ask to murder someone, would you do it?

Katrina: I'd ask whether to use a knife, a sawed-off shotgun or the same trajectory that killed John Kennedy.

grin grin grin grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:42pm On Feb 10, 2016
dubylhover:

bro,jayz wud say* numbers dont lie,check the scoreboard* Google bb and suits then come back and testify....you're overhyping suits too much..
Suits and Overhype shouldn't be in the same line. angry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SIRcumalot: 2:04am On Feb 11, 2016
@fabian09

I GATS to ask cause I can't remember
I don't think AVA ever cheated on Boyd except you mean the kitchen kiss ?

I stopped watching shameless because I got way to invested in the characters and want them to do well,when things go bad for them it really affects me.

James bond,batman and co na just wish fulfilment for most male fans

if TV logic is to be believed a love triangle plot with two male is the equivalent for women not sleeping around (girls can correct me if I dey wrong)
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 2:17am On Feb 11, 2016
RWBY. Bloody hell! That was intense.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by warriboy21(m): 5:55am On Feb 11, 2016
stop d hype...suit is stupidly dry..due to d hype last year i watched it. de only make law jokes only those studying law wud enjoy it..for me its a sleep pill.. i cudnt get pas 4th episode
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Mutaino7(m): 6:17am On Feb 11, 2016
warriboy21:
stop d hype...suit is stupidly dry..due to d hype last year i watched it. de only make law jokes only those studying law wud enjoy it..for me its a sleep pill.. i cudnt get pas 4th episode
Even if you had watched Charlie charplin you still wont get d joke.. Try watching SAW its more funnier.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dubylhover(m): 7:34am On Feb 11, 2016
darkenedrebel:

And why should I respect the utterances of a man who got beat up with stilettos by a negress in an elevator(Solange Knowles)
I think he meant to say: ''Numbers don't lie, check the elevator" grin

I don't need to Google to read comments made by nerdy suburban white boys. I have a certificate in stage acting/drama, plus I was mentored for 3 months by the legendary Norbert motherfücking Young for Pete sake.
I can review it myself. cool

hes a gentleman who doesn't hit back at women......

lolz..Norbert young seriously? I thought you mentored under Steven Spielberg or quantin tarantino....

if you follow,I even commended d dialogue in suits,but you just had to go too far by bringing up d legendary BB,
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dubylhover(m): 7:36am On Feb 11, 2016
bykebyke:
Suits and Overhype shouldn't be in the same line. angry
it shud when being compared with better series
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kezifils(m): 7:51am On Feb 11, 2016
darkenedrebel:

My bad, peep this.

You clearly not a fan of Bryan Cranston
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kezifils(m): 8:00am On Feb 11, 2016
warriboy21:

You just said my mind. I am lost most times cos I don't get all the law terminologies used. Just enjoy the drama that follows

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:31am On Feb 11, 2016
dubylhover:

hes a gentleman who doesn't hit back at women......

lolz..Norbert young seriously? I thought you mentored under Steven Spielberg or quantin tarantino....

if you follow,I even commended d dialogue in suits,but you just had to go too far by bringing up d legendary BB,

Fair point! But only because if he had hit her, it'd probably also put a full stop in his relationship with Beyoncé.

Steven Spielberg is more of a director & producer than a screenwriter. Neither is he a thespian.
Don't undermine Norbert Young - he's a veteran and a highly professional stage actor. He's worked with so many foreign stage actors as well.

It's a matter of preference and what boils one's blood.
Like Harvard students would say - "I bleed crimson". In my case, "Suits" makes me bleed crimson. I can rate it above BB if I want.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:47am On Feb 11, 2016
warriboy21:

There's no such thing as Law jokes. What you mean is they used more of Law register as expected because the series is a quasi-depiction of how Big Law is in the US - the quadratic everyday drama of lawyers, paralegals, law students, secretaries etc.

Since you are not used to law terminologies - then why not see it as a learning opportunity rather than blackball it. Shoving it in the trenches because you don't know what "pari passu" or "subpoena testificadum" means is very shallow.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 10:47am On Feb 11, 2016
darkenedrebel:

There's no such thing as Law jokes. What you mean is they used more of Law register as expected because the series is a quasi-depiction of how Big Law is in the US - the quadratic everyday drama of lawyers, paralegals, law students, secretaries etc.

Since you are not used to law terminologies - then why not see it as a learning opportunity rather than blackball it. Shoving it in the trenches because you don't know what "pari passu" or "subpoena testificadum" means is very shallow.
when did you start using big grammar? . I will give up on you like i gave up on koice . Lol
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 11, 2016
Rewatching Spooks. Started from Series 3 though.

It's basically a British version of 24 without Jack Bauer but with more grit.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dubylhover(m): 2:36pm On Feb 11, 2016
darkenedrebel:

Like Harvard students would say - "I bleed crimson". In my case, "Suits" makes me bleed crimson. I can rate it above BB if I want.

that says it all...I'm done
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 11, 2016
Personal ranking of popular Legal Dramas:

1-* Damages
2-* The Practice
3-* Silk
4-* The Good Wife
5-* Boston Legal
6-* Suits

- Suits is grossly melodramatic and lacks the element of realism evident in all the others - the plot is seemingly relying more an more on overused cliches like shock-and-awe, forgetting that a good legal drama doesn't need one. Personal, I think it's an overhyped piece of sh*t.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dubylhover(m): 3:50pm On Feb 11, 2016
koice:
Personal ranking of popular Legal Dramas:

1-* Damages
2-* The Practice
3-* Silk
4-* The Good Wife
5-* Boston Legal
6-* Suits

- Suits is grossly melodramatic and lacks the element of realism evident in all the others - the plot is seemingly relying more an more on overused cliches like shock-and-awe, forgetting that a good legal drama doesn't need one. Personal, I think it's an overhyped piece of sh*t.

have you seen "the firm"...its very good....
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 11, 2016
dubylhover:

have you seen "the firm"...its very good....

I know it's just a matter of time before someone would make a case for The Firm. I deliberately didn't include it on the list, cuz I couldn't get past the 5th episode - I absolutely and utterly despised the show. Glad it got cancelled after a lackluster lone season.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dubylhover(m): 4:17pm On Feb 11, 2016
koice:

I know it's just a matter of time before someone would make a case for The Firm. I deliberately didn't include it on the list, cuz I couldn't get past the 5th episode - I absolutely and utterly despised the show. Glad it got cancelled after a lackluster lone season.

honestly I think its d best law series I've watched then closely followed by suits and the good wife
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 6:23pm On Feb 11, 2016
How do they call something series with only 3 episodes in it that's rubbish... Personal opinion o.... I was expecting more episodes from Into the BADLANDS but then realized they produced only 6 episodes FRICKING 6 NONSENSE!!!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 11, 2016
Singapore1:
when did you start using big grammar? . I will give up on you like i gave up on koice . Lol

Since the migration of the Northern American carpet-baggers in 1867...Nahh... Since I was still having mindboggling symposia with my evil twin in our mother's symmetrical womb grin

You are giving up on me cos I provided a quintillion reasons why "Suits" is the show to watch?

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 7:58pm On Feb 11, 2016
darkenedrebel:

Since the migration of the Northern American carpet-baggers in 1867...Nahh... Since I was still having mindboggling symposia with my evil twin in our mother's symmetrical womb grin

You are giving up on me cos I provided a quintillion reasons why "Suits" is the show to watch?

no grin
suits-is-dope
no-gainsaying

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (2808) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: joseph1832(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.