Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (655) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3503027 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) ... (2814) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Freciprocal: 1:25pm On May 17, 2017
Liv Moore the Chef tongue

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by edi287: 3:13pm On May 17, 2017
Is there a thread for American gods and billions?? P.S I'm tired of almost every show having Gay love scenes. Not homophobic or anything, I just feel this is going too far. I know it's a MA show; buy still...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Alfred234(m): 4:02pm On May 17, 2017
nonut:

I guess I'm a racist too, since I don't like the way African-Americans see everything that happens to them as discrimination.
And if I'm to weed out the TV series with forced gay characters, I'll probably end up watching Tom and Jerry cartoon.
That I don't like the way they use it in every TV show, doesn't make me Homophobic.

it's just a representation of everyday people the same way most series filled with white people try to cast few black characters... for evey gay character on a show there are at least 10 straight characters so i don't really see the problem.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nonut: 4:15pm On May 17, 2017
Alfred234:

it's just a representation of everyday people the same way most series filled with white people try to cast few black characters... for evey gay character on a show there are at least 10 straight characters so i don't really see the problem.
It's not a competition. Some films or TV series have only white people, some just black people. Including gay characters even when it's not necessary means they're trying too hard.
And I never said it was a problem, it's simply annoying.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nonut: 4:33pm On May 17, 2017
paradigmshift:

if gay no dey, them no go renew the series.
so many good series but they don't renew them but if na gay n lesbian dey, dem go extend am to season 100 lmao
That's their business. They're trying to make it seem like one out of every five families has gay.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 17, 2017
nonut:

That's their business. They're trying to make it seem like one out of every five families has gay.

Perhaps that is the goal.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nonut: 5:11pm On May 17, 2017
Vorpal:

Perhaps that is the goal.
Lol. I think it is. When you point it out, they label you a homophobe.
May God help us.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kingsilly(m): 5:34pm On May 17, 2017
nonut:

Maybe that's the truth too
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nonut: 6:03pm On May 17, 2017
kingsilly:

Maybe that's the truth too
Well..they're whistling in the wind.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nonut: 6:06pm On May 17, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 17, 2017
nonut:
Lol. I think it is. When you point it out, they label you a homophobe. May God help us.
Amen.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ammyluv2002(f): 8:27pm On May 17, 2017
American gods.....I'm not understanding oh angry angry angry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 17, 2017
Please I need a link to download prison break season 5 episode 7 subtitle.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Shittaakeem(m): 9:13pm On May 17, 2017
nonut:
grin

So sad its been cancelled
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Elparaiso(m): 11:25pm On May 17, 2017
Freciprocal:
Just Binged Billions... Mehn, I was very impressed

P.S. Writing this it becomes clear that Wendy is the protagonist and the conflict between the men serves as the primary antagonist for the series (rather than an individual character)

Finally watched the finale. I've been dodging this thread like kilode, as you girls (#feminism) have turned it to a spoiler festival.

As for your write-up Sha, you may feel like Wendy is the protagonist, and that she wields a sort of seen/unseen influence​. I disagree, mainly because of your idea of the antagonist. Wendy is simply a connection. Maybe she makes Axe and Rhoades think twice( sometimes o, because Chuck brain dey remove battery) before launching whatever assault they want to, but that's where it ends. She is special to them, and that's it. Billions is just a show about 2 adversaries and their brilliant attempts to bring each other down. There's no good guy here, we might even be dealing with 2 bad guys. I read the transcript of an interview one of the show's writers and he specifically said they designed the script in a way that makes you and I switch who we support almost every episode. I don too ramble sef. For next season Sha, I really want to see what Taylor would do. They have been appointed Chief investment officer, and only God knows if they would even refuse to abdicate power when Axe gets back. 2018 is too far abeg.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by LethargiQue: 11:42pm On May 17, 2017
The hype on American gods sha..

America always wants to outdo Europe..

I saw an ad on YouTube that said American gods is set to beat GOT.. In their dreams..

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nonut: 11:43pm On May 17, 2017
The slave guy butchered Igbo language here.
It's almost as if he's speaking pidgin Igbo.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by KINGOFJAPAN: 11:50pm On May 17, 2017
nonut:
Why is it that almost every TV series has a gay couple or a gay character? Its like Hollywood is in collabo with LGBT community. If gay is such a cool thing, why the need to force people to accept it as a norm?
And no, this is not a frequency illusion.
It's Hollywood, they're portraying their "culture" and lifestyle besides if you don't like their frequent portrayal of LGBT sturvs then kpakpa watch Nollywood . Nobody is forcing anybody to watch or accept anything. Nigerians are Hypocrites.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nonut: 12:03am On May 18, 2017
KINGOFJAPAN:

It's Hollywood, they're portraying their "culture" and lifestyle besides if you don't like their frequent portrayal of LGBT sturvs then kpakpa watch Nollywood . Nobody is forcing anybody to watch or accept anything. Nigerians are Hypocrites.
*yawns* what a douche!

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Rapahel1116: 12:16am On May 18, 2017
Is any one watching better call Saul here..... Pls how's the series....is it more interesting dan prison break?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by skitkid2(m): 12:48am On May 18, 2017
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by skitkid2(m): 12:49am On May 18, 2017
Rapahel1116:
Is any one watching better call Saul here..... Pls how's the series....is it more interesting dan prison break?

Very interesting.
But you need to see breaking bad first its a prequel
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:31am On May 18, 2017
Grrrrrr...I'm levitating. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ponti93(m): 1:54am On May 18, 2017
Guys please where can i download insecure tv series
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by KINGOFJAPAN: 6:52am On May 18, 2017
Loving Dear White People

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by PDPGuy: 7:06am On May 18, 2017
Designated Survivor has ended for the season cry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by sod09(m): 8:31am On May 18, 2017
ammyluv2002:
American gods.....I'm not understanding oh angry angry angry
same here embarassed embarassed
pissing me up already
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kingsilly(m): 9:15am On May 18, 2017
KINGOFJAPAN:
Loving Dear White People

Thumps up
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by daamazing(m): 10:28am On May 18, 2017
Receptionist - hello sir, what's your name
Lucifer- Lucifer.. Lucifer Morningstar!
Receptionist:

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hulkhiharitoz(m): 10:37am On May 18, 2017
bykebyke:
Grrrrrr...I'm levitating. grin grin grin
wah series?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:48am On May 18, 2017
hulkhiharitoz:
wah series?
House of Cards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) ... (2814) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: JohnnyPalmer, Sosqui, zoroby(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.