Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3502515 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (2814) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kunbee: 9:12pm On Aug 28, 2014
The sopranos
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by LannisterIMP: 1:20pm On Aug 31, 2014
naijababe: @ LannisterIMP, TWD? What is that? I want to try Vikings, my hubby's been raving about it

TWD (The Walking Dead).

And Viking its a nice series, but I just don't really have the kicks for it.... Just my personal thing.

But I have friends that are waiting patiently for the new Season.

Let your hubby try it. I hope he like's it better and enjoy it than I did.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Afam4eva(m): 2:33pm On Aug 31, 2014
Please, has anyone watched "Breaking Bad"? is it interesting? I'm currently almost through with episode 1 and i'm yet to find it interesting. Should i continue?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 31, 2014
Afam4eva: Please, has anyone watched "Breaking Bad"? is it interesting? I'm currently almost through with episode 1 and i'm yet to find it interesting. Should i continue?

yes I have and its probably one of the best show EVER made. Trust you will love it !!! cool
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Afam4eva(m): 2:55pm On Aug 31, 2014
adaobi123:

yes I have and its probably one of the best show EVER made. Trust you will love it !!! cool
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I asked because i know there are some shows that may not seem interesting but end up being one of the best. it happened when i started watching GOT.

Btw, where do you downnload your tv series from? The ones i downloaded are not very clear.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 31, 2014
...Two broke girls..

Very funny film
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RayMcBlue(m): 3:56pm On Aug 31, 2014
Suits season 4.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RayMcBlue(m): 4:04pm On Aug 31, 2014
Afam4eva: Please, has anyone watched "Breaking Bad"? is it interesting? I'm currently almost through with episode 1 and i'm yet to find it interesting. Should i continue?

For the fact you don't like the pilot - which BTW is awesome - affirms that you won't like the remaining episodes. Breaking Bad is the sort of show you either take to instantly or you don't. It's that simple.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 31, 2014
Afam4eva:
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I asked because i know there are some shows that may not seem interesting but end up being one of the best. it happened when i started watching GOT.

Btw, where do you downnload your tv series from? The ones i downloaded are not very clear.

lol I use netflix or stream
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Afam4eva(m): 5:12pm On Aug 31, 2014
adaobi123:

Isn't netflix paid?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 31, 2014
Afam4eva:
Isn't netflix paid?

Yeah
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by 50calibre(m): 6:50pm On Aug 31, 2014
adaobi123:

You seem to have watched many series.

I'm looking for a thrilling series to watch on Netflix, something that will keep me totally engaged & yearning for more

At the moment, I'm contemplating Orange is the new black & Son's of Anarchy.

I watched the first two seasons of suits on TV when it started, I don't have much time for TV these days, Netflix has refused to upload the new seasons (3&4)
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 31, 2014
50calibre:

I'm looking for a thrilling series to watch on Netflix, something that will keep me totally engaged & yearning for more

I watched the first two seasons of suits on TV when it started, I don't have much time for TV these days, Netflix has refused to upload the new seasons (3&4)

lol yeah. I spend my nights watching tv tongue

Orange is the new black is okay. There are times were its a bit slow but you will love the different "gangs" in the show. And plus if you love lesbian scenes its for you lol. I've never heard of sons of Anarchy, so I can't comment.

yeah the uk netflix is kinda rubbish some shows are half uploaded. I resort to streaming websites.

my sister has been watching the americans and she's really enjoying it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dmz(m): 9:48pm On Aug 31, 2014
I too found it difficult to get into Breaking Bad after the first few episodes but glad I stuck to it. It was worth the ride, not epic as the hype would have you believe in my opinion but definitely watchable.

True Detective is the most interesting I have seen since the first season of GOT. Watching Fargo and The Americans now...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by 50calibre(m): 11:49pm On Aug 31, 2014
adaobi123:

lol yeah. I spend my nights watching tv tongue

Orange is the new black is okay. There are times were its a bit slow but you will love the different "gangs" in the show. And plus if you love lesbian scenes its for you lol. I've never heard of sons of Anarchy, so I can't comment.

yeah the uk netflix is kinda rubbish some shows are half uploaded. I resort to streaming websites.

my sister has been watching the americans and she's really enjoying it.

Ok! OITNB it is. grin

Netflix UK is really crap, they don't keep it updated though I've watched some good series there, like House of cards.

Basically, I like a good plot, violent & se*xual content only makes it spicier grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iamteekaygal(f): 5:30am On Sep 01, 2014
50calibre:

Sons of Anarchy is also very interesting, will make you yearn for more. Aldou It's not on Netflix here, I had to download online.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SilentCrescendo: 3:54pm On Sep 01, 2014
dmz: I too found it difficult to get into Breaking Bad after the first few episodes but glad I stuck to it. It was worth the ride, not epic as the hype would have you believe in my opinion but definitely watchable.

True Detective is the most interesting I have seen since the first season of GOT. Watching Fargo and The Americans now...

Oh no you Di'n...
Dude you need to go back and re-watch breaking bad, from the Pilot.
Breaking bad is like the best show ever... IMO, it's the best show I've ever seen on the TV(well basically on a laptop,lol) smiley
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dmz(m): 4:36pm On Sep 01, 2014
SilentCrescendo:

Oh no you Di'n...
Dude you need to go back and re-watch breaking bad, from the Pilot.
Breaking bad is like the best show ever... IMO, it's the best show I've ever seen on the TV(well basically on a laptop,lol) smiley

I borrowed the DVD collection from a friend and at no point during my 'binge watching' did I feel the need that I REALLY had to watch the next episode. It was kinda slow paced to me, not edge of your seat (or bed in my case) suspense may be it's cos I already had the complete seasons. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed it for me to finish it but I wouldn't describe it as a 'must watch'.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bawss1(m): 5:18pm On Sep 01, 2014
dmz:

I borrowed the DVD collection from a friend and at no point during my 'binge watching' did I feel the need that I REALLY had to watch the next episode. It was kinda slow paced to me, not edge of your seat (or bed in my case) suspense may be it's cos I already had the complete seasons. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed it for me to finish it but I wouldn't describe it as a 'must watch'.

Breaking Bad is a must see in my books. Yeah the first season was a little slow but after that the show was on fire.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RayMcBlue(m): 7:39pm On Sep 01, 2014
dmz:

I've a funny feeling you haven't watched Breaking Bad at all. In your previous post you made mention of how much you enjoyed watching True Detective and Fargo. Well, guess what? Statistically speaking, True Detective move at an exceeding slow pace, slower than any other TV show on TV at the moment. In fact, another show that beats it on the slow department is another HBO production: The Leftovers. But unlike, the Leftovers, True Detective doesn't drag. This is where it's appeal stems from.

Fargo moves at roughly exactly the same pace as Breaking Bad, and similar in the sense that it's unpredictable and full of suspense. You just don't know what will happen next. Both are not exactly bustling with action, but it doesn't matter. There is just about enough to keep you interested and spell-bound.

So, when you said you enjoyed those TV shows and somehow found Breaking Bad monotonous and boring, consistency becomes an issue. You know why? It doesn't make any sense. And the reason can only be that, maybe, you haven't appraised Breaking Bad with your viewing pleasure... at all.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RayMcBlue(m): 7:53pm On Sep 01, 2014
Bawss1:

Breaking Bad is a must see in my books. Yeah the first season was a little slow but after that the show was on fire.

Breaking Bad started exactly with the same pace it ended with: Erratic. Season one can neither be described as slow or faced pace just like the 2nd season to the last can neither be describe in those terms either. It's a show devoid of even one poor episode.

TV shows tend to tapper off mid series before regaining momentum, and sometimes don't, Breaking Bad never had that problem, however. Every episode, from the Pilot to the series finale were tastefully written and superbly executed. If perfection does exist, Breaking Bad came very close.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dmz(m): 8:04pm On Sep 01, 2014
Lol@RayMcBlue and your statistics. I give my opinion and it turns out I have not watched the show.

True Detective is slow paced, can't say for Fargo (on 3rd episode). Both shows have one thing in common, there is this sinister dark mood about them, you can almost feel the raw evil from the screen. It's slow paced yes but the darkness pulls you in. That's why I enjoyed True Detective and the episodes that I have seen of Fargo.

We are all different in what we like, that you were spell bound by the suspense in BB doesn't mean everyone that saw it will feel the same. I have read my posts again and how you picked up 'boring' is beyond me.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RayMcBlue(m): 8:20pm On Sep 01, 2014
I'm an hardcore fan of True Detective. I even created a fan thread for it.

https://www.nairaland.com/1796163/true-detective-official-fan-thread

Yes, True Detective main appeal stems from it's dark ambience. And so does Fargo, and Breaking Bad.

I found it weird that someone can like those 2 TV shows and yet in the same breath dare to call Breaking Bad a slow paced and "just there" kind of show. I find it weird indeed.

^^^And yes, you did call Breaking Bad boring. Not by words, apparently... I read between the lines.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dmz(m): 8:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
Lol @weird. There is nothing weird in having a difference of opinion especially with something as subjective as how interesting you found a TV show. You really love ur BB. For me there was nothing dark or evil about BB it was about survival, there is nothing similar between BB and TD in my opinion so I don't understand why you so strongly feel I cannot like one and not the other.
Sometimes just reading something as it is, is enough.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RayMcBlue(m): 8:53pm On Sep 01, 2014
Nothing dark or evil about Breaking Bad?? Okay, that's it. It's official. I'm now pretty certain you have never seen it.

Good night.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dmz(m): 9:17pm On Sep 01, 2014
Lmao. Okay bro you win. I didn't see the show just made it up to feel among. I will go and watch it again, maybe I will be thinking of you when I do so I will have the same reaction and emotion as u. Since there is only one possible outcome after watching BB.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bawss1(m): 9:27pm On Sep 01, 2014
dmz: Lmao. Okay bro you win. I didn't see the show just made it up to feel among. I will go and watch it again, maybe I will be thinking of you when I do so I will have the same reaction and emotion as u. Since there is only one possible outcome after watching BB.

Ah ha! Or are you being sarcastic undecided

BB was griping. N'uff said.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 01, 2014
Breaking bad is not a much watch ? angry

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bawss1(m): 10:40pm On Sep 01, 2014
adaobi123: Breaking bad is not a much watch ? angry

Dude was just pulling our legs. (I hope)
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 02, 2014
Anyone who says bb is not dark should stay out of this territory or i will show him i am the one who knocks people into vats of hydrofluoric acid.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RayMcBlue(m): 9:47am On Sep 02, 2014
oyb: Anyone who says bb is not dark should stay out of this territory or i will show him i am the one who knocks people into vats of hydrofluoric acid.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dmz(m): 9:58am On Sep 02, 2014
oyb: Anyone who says bb is not dark should stay out of this territory or i will show him i am the one who knocks people into vats of hydrofluoric acid.
i

Lol.. Dissolving bodies in acid is no where near dark at all. But I wouldn't want to experience it so let me keep mute.

RayMcBlue what other shows would you recommend?

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (2814) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.