Stats: 3,148,793 members, 7,802,523 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3494010 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (2808) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 24, 2014
cao:

I've never watched Scandal. I used to religiously watch Private Practice. I used to watch Grey's Anatomy during the early days, but abeg that show drama too much, I no go die for hypertension. I avoid Shonda Rhimes like the plague - that woman wan kill person real quick with her wahala.

grin grin grin grin Watch Scandal now, then you go sabi wetin dey give hypertension

lafuria1: I'm glad the new season has began.
The blacklist S2E1 checked
gotham s1e1 checked
Sleepy hollow S2E1 checked
Person of interest S4E1 checked
Others are
The BigBang Theory S8E1 and 2 checked
Plebs S2E1 checked
I'm currently watching lost girl, just started season two, it's interesting to watch.

I don miss o and I still need to catch up with Downton Abbey. No bi television go kill me I swear
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Guykhena(m): 5:12pm On Sep 24, 2014

Forever
Scorpion
NCIS:New Orleans
Mysteries of Laura
Madam Secretary

I'm basically checking out the pilot episodes of every new tv show I find on the net.....
Some impressive,while others err...errm undecided
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 5:49pm On Sep 24, 2014
I liked Forever (I'm a sucker for mild mannered immortals, that's why I loved New Amsterdam, so I'm expecting it to be cancelled).
Mysteries of Laura - only watching for Debra Messing, but I actually kinda liked it, it could have been better though. Oh, and Laz Alonso is always nice eye candy.

I avoid CSI & NCIS & their spin-offs, not because they're bad, I just stopped watching them. I'm waiting to see how Agent Carter, The Flash & Constantine work out. Galavant is my wildcard - weird fairy tale musical with Timothy Omundson (that's Lassiter in Psych) as the bad guy. If FOX are doing any new sci-fi shows, I'll be avoiding them - since I'll like them & they will surely get cancelled.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by profneyo(m): 6:31pm On Sep 24, 2014
adaobi123:

whaatt ? You're missing out !! Scandal is amazing cool

Scandals is way too dramatic. One woman sleeping with the POTUS and his best friend.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by lafuria1(m): 6:43pm On Sep 24, 2014
cao: I liked Forever (I'm a sucker for mild mannered immortals, that's why I loved New Amsterdam, so I'm expecting it to be cancelled).
Mysteries of Laura - only watching for Debra Messing, but I actually kinda liked it, it could have been better though. Oh, and Laz Alonso is always nice eye candy.

I avoid CSI & NCIS & their spin-offs, not because they're bad, I just stopped watching them. I'm waiting to see how Agent Carter, The Flash & Constantine work out. Galavant is my wildcard - weird fairy tale musical with Timothy Omundson (that's Lassiter in Psych) as the bad guy. If FOX are doing any new sci-fi shows, I'll be avoiding them - since I'll like them & they will surely get cancelled.
I'm yet to forgive Fox for cancelling 'almost human', God knows i was really angry and their excuse was er a lot of people weren't watching with no regards to the feelings of others (lol).
I think I will follow you as well in avoiding any of their Sci fic shows until it makes it to season two.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 24, 2014
profneyo:

Scandals is way too dramatic. One woman sleeping with the POTUS and his best friend.

That's why I love it grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Guykhena(m): 7:40pm On Sep 24, 2014
cao: I liked Forever (I'm a sucker for mild mannered immortals, that's why I loved New Amsterdam, so I'm expecting it to be cancelled).

Cancelled shocked ?
I sincerely doubt that, ratings are quite high. No show which got the Sherlock Holmes touch can be cancelled smiley

cao:

. I'm having mixed feelings about 'Mysteries Of Laura" don't see it going far...
cao: I avoid CSI & NCIS & their spin-offs, not because they're bad, I just stopped watching them.

Really? Crime/Detective shows are quite captivating always filled with suspense(well that's what makes it awesome wink ) you just can't get enough.
cao: I'm waiting to see how Agent Carter, The Flash & Constantine work out.

The Flash,Constantine pilot episodes were tight and do.pe(leaked episodes smiley ) . DC/warner bros is taking their Tv Universe to an whole other level,still looing forward to "Izombie".
Agent Carter is definitely gonna be awesome ,at least it gets to keep AOS fans occupied during the mid-season break.

cao: Galavant is my wildcard - weird fairy tale musical with Timothy Omundson (that's Lassiter in Psych) as the bad guy. If FOX are doing any new sci-fi shows, I'll be avoiding them - since I'll like them & they will surely get cancelled.

LoL grin any theory to back up your claim?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Guykhena(m): 7:42pm On Sep 24, 2014
watching "Red Band Society" grin Lmao here,comedy packed..
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 8:03pm On Sep 24, 2014
Guykhena:
Cancelled shocked ?
I sincerely doubt that, ratings are quite high. No show which got the Sherlock Holmes touch can be cancelled smiley

. I'm having mixed feelings about 'Mysteries Of Laura" don't see it going far...

Really? Crime/Detective shows are quite captivating always filled with suspense(well that's what makes it awesome wink ) you just can't get enough.

The Flash,Constantine pilot episodes were tight and do.pe(leaked episodes smiley ) . DC/warner bros is taking their Tv Universe to an whole other level,still looing forward to "Izombie".
Agent Carter is definitely gonna be awesome ,at least it gets to keep AOS fans occupied during the mid-season break.

FOX & sci-fi: Firefly, Almost Human, Dark Angel, The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Tru Calling, Dollhouse, Futurama, Terra Nova, Alcatraz (never watched the last two, I knew they would be cancelled)...

I'm honestly surprised Fringe lasted as long as it did.

Oh I love crime/detective shows, but I stopped watching CSI after Grissom left & they cancelled all the spin-offs, I don't actively follow NCIS (but I won't change the channel if it comes on).

I didn't know the pilots had been leaked, off to watch those.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Guykhena(m): 9:05pm On Sep 24, 2014
cao:

FOX & sci-fi: Firefly, Almost Human, Dark Angel, The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Tru Calling, Dollhouse, Futurama, Terra Nova, Alcatraz (never watched the last two, I knew they would be cancelled)...

I'm honestly surprised Fringe lasted as long as it did.

Oh I love crime/detective shows, but I stopped watching CSI after Grissom left & they cancelled all the spin-offs, I don't actively follow NCIS (but I won't change the channel if it comes on).

I didn't know the pilots had been leaked, off to watch those.

Ya,and it will leave you wanting more..
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 24, 2014
Just finished watching gotham and I kinda like it. However, I feel like there are too many criminals and I just end up being confused lol. I just hope the future episodes will be easier to follow.

I don't think anything will surpass the Batman movie trilogy and Christian Bane cool tongue

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 24, 2014
Plus does anyone know a good superhero movie to watch ? I'm talking on the levels of the batman trilogy.

Is spiderman any good ?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by blake777(m): 11:16pm On Sep 24, 2014
adaobi123: Plus does anyone know a good superhero movie to watch ? I'm talking of the levels of the batman trilogy.

Is spiderman any good ?
Nah spiderman was ovarated d'dnt lik it one bit
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 11:49pm On Sep 24, 2014
adaobi123: Plus does anyone know a good superhero movie to watch ? I'm talking on the levels of the batman trilogy.

Is spiderman any good ?

I would highly recommend both Captain America films - I still believe they are the best standalone films from the Avengers universe. GotG might actually be my favourite MCU film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvHyk2ESFCI
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:56pm On Sep 24, 2014
cao:

I would highly recommend both Captain America films - I still believe they are the best standalone films from the Avengers universe. GotG might actually be my favourite MCU film.

GotG ? And thank you
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 11:58pm On Sep 24, 2014
adaobi123:

GotG ? And thank you

Guardians of the Galaxy.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Guykhena(m): 7:15am On Sep 25, 2014
"Legends"
It got that '24' touch...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Guykhena(m): 7:18am On Sep 25, 2014
cao:

cheesy you do watch honest trailers? Screen junkies are the bomb, winter soldier was too good to make fun of.
Honest Trailers finished The amazing spiderman 2 grin

Recently(about 2 days ago) they released an Honest Trailer for 'The Fault In Our Stars' ,, I think it might be the best honest trailer so far ....lol
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Guykhena(m): 7:23am On Sep 25, 2014
adaobi123:

I don't think anything will surpass the Batman movie trilogy and Christian Bane cool tongue

The only good movie from the Batman Trilogy was "The Dark Knight"(tho Christian Bale's Batman voice was a huge turn off for me)..

I recommend you check out the "Iron Man" trilogy ,action,humor packed,you gonna love it cool
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Flawlessangel(m): 7:56am On Sep 25, 2014
cao:

I said I don't read DC comics, but I watch the heck out of their live-action series and movies. Plus, I'm a huge fan of their animated series and films, especially the 90s-early 00s DCAU and their DCUAOM.

EDIT: DCAU - DC Animated Universe, this started with the '92 Batman: The Animated Series and ended with the Justice League/Justice League Unlimited series. It also included the animated films & comics that came from them. Also known as the Diniverse (named after writer Paul Dini) or Timmverse (named after producer Bruce Timm). Some proper fan-fave characters were created during this period (eg Harley Quinn & Renee Montoya), it's also responsible for Freeze's backstory (to be precise, the most used backstory involving his wife, Nora).

DCUAOM - DC Universe Animated Original Movies, not to be confused with DCAU, these are more adult friendly and seem to be more based on comic book stories - especially limited series.

Like I said I really take their animated stuff seriously.
ok, i hear u, or maybe its just superman u hate....i read a post of u listing man of steel as one of ur worst movies ever....i was shocked...and then u also mentioned u dnt like small ville...so dats why i thought u hated dc.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 10:39am On Sep 25, 2014
Flawlessangel:
ok, i hear u, or maybe its just superman u hate....i read a post of u listing man of steel as one of ur worst movies ever....i was shocked...and then u also mentioned u dnt like small ville...so dats why i thought u hated dc.

Err...dude I believe that was a quote from someone else, I did feel sorry for the residents of Smallville & Metropolis in MoS, since Superman & co destroyed a large portion of both cities. Those tax payers would be pissed. Smallville - I actually used to watch it, but it simply ran too long.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 25, 2014
Guykhena:

The only good movie from the Batman Trilogy was "The Dark Knight"(tho Christian Bale's Batman voice was a huge turn off for me)..

I recommend you check out the "Iron Man" trilogy ,action,humor packed,you gonna love it cool

Just one ? I loved all three lol and I liked the batman voice tongue
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Guykhena(m): 1:06pm On Sep 25, 2014
adaobi123:

Just one ? I loved all three lol and I liked the batman voice tongue

You loved his voice ? Let me take it you're kidding grin

Ok check this out..
Normal Voice - "Who Are You"
Bale's Batman Voice-"Gru Gra Groo" cheesy.

"The Dark Knight" was my favourite,just bcus of Heath Ledger's Joker..

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by phantom(m): 7:16pm On Sep 25, 2014
downton abbey 5
marvel agents of shield 2
scorpion1
gotham 1

i have great expectations for the bolded.... grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nidhish: 8:16am On Sep 26, 2014
Dexter
Hannibal
Gotham
Penny dreadful
Big bang theory
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kezifils(m): 11:16am On Sep 26, 2014

At bolded. We re rocking same boat
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kezifils(m): 11:20am On Sep 26, 2014
True Blood

Sleepy Hollows

The Big Bang Theory
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by lafuria1(m): 11:47am On Sep 26, 2014
Forever:, I would have dismissed the tv show for being a replica of Sherlock holmes but given the protagonist is immortal makes It interesting to watch. Generally good movie.

Gotham: I have never been a keen follower of DC comics , I have watched only two batman man movies. I will be watching Gotham with open mind, (I had no idea it was a batman tv series). Gotham is interesting to watch

Madam secretary:, sigh! They should have Renamed it Hilary Clinton. It was 5 mins into the show it dawn to me the title was referring to the US Secretary of State and of course the last Secretary of State was a female. I thought madam secretary was going to be a sitcom about a secretary in a company grin. Overall it was a good show, I'm looking forward to the next episode but don't your hopes high yet (not a female version of underwood house of card).
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 12:06pm On Sep 26, 2014
Guykhena:

You loved his voice ? Let me take it you're kidding grin

Ok check this out..
Normal Voice - "Who Are You"
Bale's Batman Voice-"Gru Gra Groo" cheesy.

"The Dark Knight" was my favourite,just bcus of Heath Ledger's Joker..

LWKMD. I'm tempted to record that.

Guykhena:

I watched both, although I watched the original pilot of Constantine (Lucy Griffiths, the woman that played Liv, has been dropped, so they had to reshoot a few scenes). I liked it, although Matt Ryan's accent seems to be rather odd. According to the fanboys, Constantine is English with a Liverpudlian accent, but the actor is Welsh. He seems to have adopted an odd mix of Welsh & Mancunian (that's Manchester) accent. Oh, if the voice sounds familiar to you, it's because he's also the voice of Edward Kenway in Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

Anywho, I'll definitely be watching Constantine & The Flash.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Guykhena(m): 4:22pm On Sep 26, 2014
cao:

LWKMD. I'm tempted to record that.

I watched both, although I watched the original pilot of Constantine (Lucy Griffiths, the woman that played Liv, has been dropped, so they had to reshoot a few scenes). I liked it, although Matt Ryan's accent seems to be rather odd. According to the fanboys, Constantine is English with a Liverpudlian accent, but the actor is Welsh. He seems to have adopted an odd mix of Welsh & Mancunian (that's Manchester) accent. Oh, if the voice sounds familiar to you, it's because he's also the voice of Edward Kenway in Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

Anywho, I'll definitely be watching Constantine & The Flash.

. Woah,didn't know he was the voice of Edward from Assasins creed IV ,well his voice does suit the "Constantine" character...

The Flash /Constantine,I've got huge expectations for both..
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RayMcBlue(m): 8:53pm On Sep 27, 2014
Guykhena:

I recommend you check out the "Iron Man" trilogy ,action,humor packed,you gonna love it 8

Meh...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RayMcBlue(m): 8:59pm On Sep 27, 2014
Currently taking a break from the temptations of TV series... what with my masters coming up and all. Too many fantasy and magic in TV series nowadays. I like 'em practical and hardcore with ample mature content.

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (2808) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: TheStrongest, korlhyjay(m), Chasdonblizz and 3 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65