Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3503027 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (2814) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:27am On Dec 13, 2014
RayMcBlue:
My Thoughts On "Revenge".

If it sounds like I'm being harsh, it's because I'm being harsh, but that's only because Revenge used to be a series that surprised me with its twists and turns and now it's a series of bad ideas strung together by familiar faces just going through the motions. It's like the writers bought a Soap Opera for Dummies book and all of the originality of the series has been sucked away and replaced with boring cliches. At this point, I'd trade any of those plots for Conrad's faked Huntington's Disease story because despite being mostly unbelievable, at least it didn't reek of desperation.

The entire foundation of "Revenge" is about not letting grudges go, whether we're talking Emily's revenge plan, or Victoria and Charlotte hating Emily for something she did and attempting to make her life miserable. I'm not saying that's healthy, because obviously those three women are all in need of some therapy, but this series was built on basically never letting sh*t go. If I thought this was the series purposefully attempting to show us another side to the human psyche in which people aren't manipulative and don't hold grudges for years upon years, I'd be the first person to stand up and congratulate it.

But it's not, it's just a plot device meant to make Emily flail a bit, so I'm calling shenanigans on Sarah, who has every right to hate Daniel and his family forever, for jumping back into bed with Daniel after two weeks.

Wow, that got a little ranty. But I can only take so many rushed storylines before I snap. This entire series is beginning to feel a lot like "Glee". And that's never a good thing. Faked pregnancies and storylines with absolutely zero build up are never a good thing. Faking a pregnancy will never turn out well, because there are only two ways for that story to end: Either Emily fakes nine months of pregnancy during which Daniel never touches her and then she finds a baby on the street to call their child, or she has to fake a miscarriage.

I don't hate "Revenge", but I am very disappointed in the direction it has taken. I like that Emily is flailing and grasping at straws because her plan is falling apart; it adds a bit of drama we've never seen before, and it means she's human and doesn't have superhero revenge powers in which everything goes pretty much to plan because she's Emily Thorne/Amanda Clarke. But the emotional stakes that are supposedly thwarting her relationship with Daniel aren't there to make me care about the outcome either way.

Give me some backstory, let me get to know Sarah and maybe I'll care about her relationship with Daniel. But right now, the series is lobbing unoriginal idea after unoriginal idea at us and expecting us to gasp in awe and shock. But I can't. And I won't.

http://www.tv.com/shows/revenge-tv/community/post/revenge-secrecy-season-3-episode-8-review-138455464156/

Revenge S03E08: "Secrecy"

Revenge is taking a three-week break before Emily and Daniel's wedding, and I think it's for the best, because "Secrecy" felt too much like a struggling writers' room blindly throwing ideas up in the area and just hoping some of them stuck. Emily is now pretending to be pregnant in order to manipulate Daniel into staying in a relationship he no longer wants to be in, Lydia Davis is unsurprisingly not dead, and Victoria tried to ruin Emily at her bridal shower by inviting her first husband. Oh, and there was a subplot with Aiden and Charlotte and some nude photographs that I completely spaced during. Guys, I'm not kidding, that is a storyline that actually happened.

It's like the writers bought a Soap Opera for Dummies book and all of the originality of the series has been sucked away and replaced with boring cliches. At this point, I'd trade any of those plots for Conrad's faked Huntington's Disease story because despite being mostly unbelievable, at least it didn't reek of desperation.

If it sounds like I'm being harsh, it's because I'm being harsh, but that's only because Revenge used to be a series that surprised me with its twists and turns and now it's a series of bad ideas strung together by familiar faces just going through the motions. I applaud the writers for making Emily have to work for her plan to succeed, because for so long everything came so easily to her and it was wholly unbelievable. And I even like the idea that Daniel no longer wants to marry Emily (finally!). But the way that story has been executed has fallen short of my expectations.

For so long Daniel was the one fighting for Emily, fighting for their relationship, and a few episodes ago I wondered why he even bothered, why he cared when Emily so obviously didn't. I was practically begging him to wake up and smell the roses. I know that I'm in the minority here when it comes to liking Daniel's character, but the way his storyline has been written this season has been a let down. Yes, he's striking out on his own and attempting to be less Grayson, more Daniel, but as soon as his ex-girlfriend reappeared in his life, the strides he'd made to separate himself from his family's legacy by partnering with Margaux for Voulez have almost been erased.

Here he was this week, in the Grayson Family Sex Den in the City, hooking up with Sarah, because their love was apparently so epic it moved mountains and angels sang about it. Wait, no, sorry. Daniel drunkenly crashed his car and sent her to the hospital where she almost died and then his family screwed her out of a lot of money so she's going to be in debt for the rest of her life paying off monstrous medical bills. But yeah, I'm sure she totally still loves him and has forgiven him for all of that in the span of a few weeks. Revenge has never been all that believable in its complicated and convoluted schemes (or in how long they think dogs actually live), but this is a little too far fetched.

I'm willing to accept, and even believe, that Daniel still feels all those feels, or thinks he does because their relationship is unfinished to him, but for Sarah to just throw aside all of her anger (remember her introduction two episodes ago? Yes, it was only two episodes ago), feels a bit ridiculous. I'm still mad at people who didn't call me back three months ago. I've hated people for far less than what Daniel and the Graysons did to Sarah, so I'm sorry, but I'm never going to believe that she just threw her anger in the nearest trash can and skipped off into the night with Daniel.

The entire foundation of Revenge is about not letting grudges go, whether we're talking Emily's revenge plan, or Victoria and Charlotte hating Emily for something she did and attempting to make her life miserable. I'm not saying that's healthy, because obviously those three women are all in need of some therapy, but this series was built on basically never letting shit go. If I thought this was the series purposefully attempting to show us another side to the human psyche in which people aren't manipulative and don't hold grudges for years upon years, I'd be the first person to stand up and congratulate it. But it's not, it's just a plot device meant to make Emily flail a bit, so I'm calling shenanigans on Sarah, who has every right to hate Daniel and his family forever, for jumping back into bed with Daniel after two weeks.

Wow, that got a little ranty. But I can only take so many rushed storylines before I snap. Emily might be robotic and single-minded, but I will give her props for remaining unswayed in her convictions. She's been working this con for years and she hasn't let up. It would have been more believable if Sarah had teamed up with Emily than it is that Sarah would be so quick to dismiss everything that happened.

What's more upsetting about this particular storyline is that I don't dislike Sarah as a character. In fact, she seems perfectly nice and is the most down to earth character of anyone on Revenge, but it's frustrating that the writers want us to care about her when all we've seen is a 15 second glimpse at what Daniel and Sarah were like before the accident, and a few weeks of her wildly fluctuating between different ends of the emotional spectrum. We still don't know anything about her or about her relationship with Daniel, and we still don't have a reason to care about it either. This storyline could have worked if only the writers had taken the time to make us care, or if she'd been introduced in the beginning of Season 3 and had several months of build up, but instead, we're supposed to believe that their romance was rekindled in the span of a few weeks.

When you add in the fact that Emily is now stooping to fake baby-levels of desperation to ensure that Daniel doesn't leave her, this entire series is beginning to feel a lot like Glee. And that's never a good thing. Faked pregnancies and storylines with absolutely zero build up are never a good thing. Faking a pregnancy will never turn out well, because there are only two ways for that story to end: Either Emily fakes nine months of pregnancy during which Daniel never touches her and then she finds a baby on the street to call their child, or she has to fake a miscarriage. The only thing that can save this storyline is if we find out Emily really is pregnant. As cliched as that storyline might be, it would be a hell of a lot more interesting to see Emily pregnant with a child she doesn't want with a man she doesn't love, than whatever mess is sure to be born from faking a pregnancy.

And after all that, I don't even have the energy to deal with the fact Lydia Davis is back from the dead and willing to spill all of the Grayson family secrets to Margaux. Especially when Conrad name dropped her in an earlier scene, basically ruining any surprise that scene could have held. Though, to be fair, that was also shown in promos for the episode last week, so that reveal not packing the punch it should have was not entirely the writers fault. I was never a fan of Lydia, but I felt that her death in the plane crash was a good move for the series, but I could be open to where her storyline with Margaux takes us.

In case you couldn't tell, this episode, and most of Season 3, has been frustrating for me to watch. I don't hate Revenge, but I am very disappointed in the direction it has taken. I like that Emily is flailing and grasping at straws because her plan is falling apart; it adds a bit of drama we've never seen before, and it means she's human and doesn't have superhero revenge powers in which everything goes pretty much to plan because she's Emily Thorne/Amanda Clarke. But the emotional stakes that are supposedly thwarting her relationship with Daniel aren't there to make me care about the outcome either way. Give me some backstory, let me get to know Sarah and maybe I'll care about her relationship with Daniel. But right now, the series is lobbing unoriginal idea after unoriginal idea at us and expecting us to gasp in awe and shock. But I can't. And I won't.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:29am On Dec 13, 2014
google any of raymcblues 'reviews' and you will find it was more or less lifted from some other site.

sad.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bawss1(m): 7:36am On Dec 13, 2014
oyb:
google any of raymcblues 'reviews' and you will find it was more or less lifted from some other site.
sad.
There has to be a good reason for the 'lifting'. grin maybe he totally forgot to include the source. cheesy

Ray. Don't let judgement be passed in your absence, defend yourself.

I suggest you demand trial by combat! cheesy cheesy
I will be your champion. smiley
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 9:11am On Dec 13, 2014
Bawss1:

There has to be a good reason for the 'lifting'. grin maybe he totally forgot to include the source. cheesy

Ray. Don't let judgement be passed in your absence, defend yourself.

I suggest you demand trial by combat! cheesy cheesy
I will be your champion. smiley

No defence is needed here bro...He is too conscious to overlook such thing as placing the "source".....
He has pasted it more than three times,so its not a mistake!!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Timothy3113(m): 11:27am On Dec 13, 2014
RayMcBlue:

Can you be more explicit, please? What did you meant by "bad sex scenes filled"? A badly acted sex scenes perhaps??

You lost me again at "series movies".

Okay... lemme draw up my own interpretations. By "bad sex filled scenes", you were actually trying to paint a picture, a picture of núde men and women floricking with one another, right? By "Movie series", you actually meant TV series, right?

Okay... So by piecing 'em all together, you want a TV series with núde and sex filled scenes. Right.

Start by watching Spartacus, and if you had already done so, then watch the following;

-Masters Of Sex
-The Tudors
-Camelot
-Californification
-Orange Is The New Black
-Shameless
-True Blood
-Boardwalk Empire
-Strike Back
-Hunted
-Girls
-The White Queen
-Game Of Thrones

You're welcome.
please which one of them have action, thriller or fantasy as it genre
i av watchd tudor, trueblood, stike back. They are all action.
Pls recommend which one dat has action for me.
I thinkk camelot is cancelled.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Fourcade(m): 1:04pm On Dec 13, 2014
Timothy3113:
please which one of them have action, thriller or fantasy as it genre
i av watchd tudor, trueblood, stike back. They are all action.
Pls recommend which one dat has action for me.
I thinkk camelot is cancelled.

Action - Banshee,The Americans ,Ray Donovan
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Timothy3113(m): 1:09pm On Dec 13, 2014
Fourcade:

Action - Banshee,The Americans ,Ray Donovan

tanks
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by donhils: 4:32pm On Dec 13, 2014
ctuagent007:
@ray blue
what you did is treason...read the piece & I never knew that was a copy & paste material until @proff caught thee.....that was very bad of you not to let us know that those materials didn't come from your brain
No, it's plagiarism.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 13, 2014
thanks @ray
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 8:19pm On Dec 14, 2014
The latest episode of The Fall.
Recommendation: If you want to watch an intense drama (political spy thriller to be precise), I would recommend The Honourable Woman. Every episode was an intense hour of television. "Who do you trust?" Apparently, no one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQYsZEbu1RI
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by phantom(m): 9:23pm On Dec 14, 2014
marco polo.......
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by soladollar(m): 9:26pm On Dec 14, 2014
The Green Arrow cant be dead
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Leobreezy(m): 3:09pm On Dec 15, 2014
Please who has an idea where I can download episodes of MTV's Daria. I'd REALLY appreciate the help. Thanks
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by silversheep: 10:15pm On Dec 15, 2014
.Pls vote for my baby OLAOLUWA CALEB ADEDEJI as the next Pz cussons baby of the year. Please make it happen for him by 1) clicking on the link below .. Cussons Baby Moments
https://cussonsbabymoments.com/details.php?ref=11... 2)clicking on view and vote 3) clicking on his votes which is highlighted in blue directly under his picture.I promise will take you about 10 seconds for you to vote. Thank you so much,have a wonderful day and may God almighty bless you as you vote

1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SIRcumalot: 3:51am On Dec 16, 2014
philfearon:

Carrie Mathison is the Best Female Character I have ever seen in my whole life in a movie/series!!!
The crazy woman from homeland ?
Lwkmd!!
I abandon the series quickly, but that Saul dude was the only character I liked.

Anybody recommend a decent comedy series that isn't so popular
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 7:38am On Dec 16, 2014
SIRcumalot:

The crazy woman from homeland ?
Lwkmd!!
I abandon the series quickly, but that Saul dude was the only character I liked.

Anybody recommend a decent comedy series that isn't so popular
Lol...That Woman and Qinn are the reason am still watching that series!!
I even thought it ended with the death of Brody,only to realise it has a 4th Series!!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hyzicbond(m): 7:56pm On Dec 16, 2014
philfearon:

Lol...That Woman and Qinn are the reason am still watching that series!!
I even thought it ended with the death of Brody,only to realise it has a 4th Series!!

Exactly bro!!!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by donhils: 11:51pm On Dec 16, 2014
OohMpa:

Imagine say your crush wey set for front and back come see you with bumshot, dey your room dey tease you, you look am up down, carry remote wan continue your film

That film has got to be the newsroom cry
Finally I've watched season 1 of the newsroom and I didn't see all the rave reviews you gave it. This series is almost boring. But am continuing it to see the end of it. I also read that the series was abruptly brought to an end yesterday after only 6 episodes in season 3.
What a dry show.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Fourcade(m): 1:32am On Dec 17, 2014
donhils:

Finally I've watched season 1 of the newsroom and I didn't see all the rave reviews you gave it. This series is almost boring. But am continuing it to see the end of it. I also read that the series was abruptly brought to an end yesterday after only 6 episodes in season 3.
What a dry show.

I'm through with the show and i absolutely loved it. smiley
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by donhils: 7:44am On Dec 17, 2014
Fourcade:

I'm through with the show and i absolutely loved it. smiley

Different strokes for different folks then.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by joanana(f): 1:22pm On Dec 17, 2014
The originals ... season 2
The vampire Diaries season 6
Supernatural season 10
Greys Anatomy Season 10
Agent of Shield season 2
Arrows season 3
White Collar season 6
The Mentalist season 7

Just recently Constantine Season 1 episode 8 (love watching it grin grin grin grin grin n i dnt sleep off) but GRIMM season 1 episode 17 ( i sleep off while watching it, Y?) undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ctuagent007: 6:38pm On Dec 17, 2014
Xander Berkeley aka Percy of "Nikita" is a monster in when it comes to the series....
As for the other monsteress aka Amanda, what a Jezebellic acting she did.....

Nikita was a great series cos of not only their great acting but cos of the ingenuity that both pictured actors performed..

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OohMpa: 10:23pm On Dec 17, 2014
donhils:

What a dry show.

Ooh Mpa can't even phantom which planet you came from for you not to love (not like) The Newsroom

Easily ooh Mpa's top 5 all time

Or perhaps your type is centered on action, cops, vampires and super heroes....

Ooh Mpa's own problem is that Aaron Sorkin didn't take heed to his death threats about ending the show angry
Each episode leaves you yearning for more especially this last season. Why would he break ooh Mpa's heart, rebuild it and break it again after every episode? cry
Aaron, no near Naija or else Ooh Mpa will use your body parts at Okija to buy a container for Apapa Wharf angry

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Fourcade(m): 5:01am On Dec 18, 2014
OohMpa:

Ooh Mpa can't even phantom which planet you came from for you not to love (not like) The Newsroom

Easily ooh Mpa's top 5 all time

Or perhaps your type is centered on action, cops, vampires and super heroes....

Ooh Mpa's own problem is that Aaron Sorkin didn't take heed to his death threats about ending the show angry
Each episode leaves you yearning for more especially this last season. Why would he break ooh Mpa's heart, rebuild it and break it again after every episode? cry
Aaron, no near Naija or else Ooh Mpa will use your body parts at Okija to buy a container for Apapa Wharf angry

He thought it was a pow pow pow ,pushow pushow ,BOOM! Tv Series.

I believe if this final Season wasn't cut to six episodes it would have been the best.They summed everything up in Episode 5 and i didn't like how everything went fast.

I will miss these guys. . .nothing to look forward to on Sundays now. sad
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Fourcade(m): 5:03am On Dec 18, 2014
Re-watching Nicky Larson( Saison 1).This was my favorite childhood anime. smiley
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by donhils: 9:43am On Dec 18, 2014
Fourcade:

He thought it was a pow pow pow ,pushow pushow ,boom Tv Series.

I believe if this Final Season wasn't cut to six episodes it would have been the best.They summed everything up in Episode 5 and i didn't like how everything went fast.

You have no idea of my genre of series so don't talk trash here, you cant even know my thoughts so how can you tell that I thought the thing was pow pow pow, pushow? The point is I didn't like it. Simple!!! If you did, then good for you and move on. There are others that I may like and you won't like them. I wonder how you even understood the series when with common sense you don't know there are individual differences.
How come it ended so suddenly? Most interesting series don't end like that.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Wolef7(m): 10:23am On Dec 18, 2014
ctuagent007:
Xander Berkeley aka Percy of "Nikita" is a monster in when it comes to the series....
As for the other monsteress aka Amanda, what a Jezebellic acting she did.....

Nikita was a great series cos of not only their great acting but cos of the ingenuity that both pictured actors performed..

They really rocked the show. Are you through with it?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OohMpa: 1:07pm On Dec 18, 2014
Fourcade:

He thought it was a pow pow pow ,pushow pushow ,boom Tv Series.

I believe if this Final Season wasn't cut to six episodes it would have been the best.They summed everything up in Episode 5 and i didn't like how everything went fast.

That's the painful part. Nothing interesting on tv now.

It's the only show on tv that challenged ooh Mpa's intellect, no other....
HBO had to cancel due to marginal profits when compared to it's production cost plus Aaron dey give dem tough time with negotiations

Even with its "unpopularity", the show still garnered awards and arguably one of the best
No SOA, GOT, Sherlock, etc now left with dem arrow and originals shït cry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 18, 2014
someone shld pls suggest any interesting series for me to download, and watch ,currently bored.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by phantom(m): 5:10pm On Dec 18, 2014
chidoo4luv:
someone shld pls suggest any interesting series for me to download, and watch ,currently bored.

marco polo....... wink
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by phantom(m): 5:12pm On Dec 18, 2014
epic!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 18, 2014
philfearon:

Carrie Mathison is the Best Female Character I have ever seen in my whole life in a movie/series!!!
Did u need 2quote dat long post just 2mak dis statement? SMH

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (2814) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: JohnnyPalmer, Sosqui, zoroby(m), Beorn and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.