Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,844 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (958) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3494528 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (955) (956) (957) (958) (959) (960) (961) ... (2809) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by elimajoe(f): 9:43am On Feb 19, 2018
I am watching X-Men series.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SAMBHOSS(m): 10:24am On Feb 19, 2018
dubylhover:

its quite good with a touch of humour,but if you want a darker version of what female prison looks like,then watch Wentworth...

I personally prefer Wentworth

thanks boss......I'll still check Wentworth out......

no harm in trying.....grin

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SAMBHOSS(m): 10:25am On Feb 19, 2018
Harjet:
Very very good.. Like someone said too, u should watch Wentworth

thanks also.......
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Vagazut(m): 11:38am On Feb 19, 2018
“Stop Asking Me To Fix Big Brother Naija”-Presidency Speaks

Source>>>[http://bigbrothernaija.ng/4421/stop-asking-fix-big-brother-naija-presidency-speaks/]

1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by happeningsmedia: 9:44pm On Feb 19, 2018
4 Reasons You Should See Black Panther
It is no longer news that Marvel studios released their latest movie, ‘Black Panther’ and the turn out has been massive. see here: https://happenings.com.ng/4-reasons-see-black- panther/?utm_source=cdnhappenings&utm_medium=Yinka&utm_campaign=CDN

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Crownofwealth(m): 10:22pm On Feb 19, 2018
happeningsmedia:
4 Reasons You Should See Black Panther
It is no longer news that Marvel studios released their latest movie, ‘Black Panther’ and the turn out has been massive. see here: https://happenings.com.ng/4-reasons-see-black- panther/?utm_source=cdnhappenings&utm_medium=Yinka&utm_campaign=CDN
I watched it at the genesis cinema in warri yesterday. it was a triller. i like the concept of promoting African values and culture.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ola12(m): 7:17am On Feb 20, 2018
koice:

Rotten Tomatoes is the best online review aggregation website for movies and tv. They are the gold standard others follow. A Rotten Tomatoes' highly aggregated tv show and movie have a high probable chance of getting nominated for an important award. 2nd best is Metacritic... they are even stricter with their reviews and scores. I'd rather put my faith on professional critics that actually watch movies/tv shows for a living than rely on fan influenced review websites like IMDb and TV.com, that fluctuate like epileptic power supply.
Same rotten tomatoes dat kept giving the flash series 100% and metacritic dat gave moonlight(2016) 99/100??, No thank you..
Truth is none of dose review sites are completely legit, u jst have to follow ur own taste sometimes

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by skeletonkey(m): 7:58am On Feb 20, 2018
ola12:

Same rotten tomatoes dat kept giving the flash series 100% and metacritic dat gave moonlight(2016) 99/100??, No thank you..
Truth is none of dose review sites are completely legit, u jst have to follow ur own taste sometimes
I know flash is mediocre but I'm sure it's because of your homophobia that you see Rotten Tomatoes giving moonlight 99% as a bad thing. one day sha we will be able to see farther than our noses
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ola12(m): 1:23pm On Feb 20, 2018
skeletonkey:

I know flash is mediocre but I'm sure it's because of your homophobia that you see Rotten Tomatoes giving moonlight 99% as a bad thing. one day sha we will be able to see farther than our noses
Dude dat was jst an example, fact is u have to see sum movies urself to really rate dem..I can mention many more movies or series dat wer crap with good ratings, u dont have to follow evry word of dose critics, I stopped doin dat sum tym ago
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:29pm On Feb 20, 2018
ola12:

Dude dat was jst an example, fact is u have to see sum movies urself to really rate dem..I can mention many more movies or series dat wer crap with good ratings, u dont have to follow evry word of dose critics, I stopped doin dat sum tym ago

I agree with you, some of the series I've really enjoyed the most have relatively low ratings and sometimes I don't understand why.

Crisis, Hostages, Waco, Chance and even 24 (I would expect this to have an above 9 rating)
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 20, 2018
ola12:

Dude, there is nothing wrong with Moonlight. It even won an Oscar... what are you on about?

About Flash, it's a niche package. It's for a particular group of people... teens and young adult demographic. They (teens) love it, even if you don't. There are criteria used in show reviews that all professional critics use, and apparently Flash ticked all the right boxes. It has even won TCA (Teen Choice Awards) multiple times.

Nobody is perfect. Sometimes, these top aggregation websites make blunders, but, you should also note that they play a huge part in influencing your opinion, and to tacitly guide you. For example, you wanna watch a movie or a tv show, but you don't know anything about it at all. So, you google it to get a quick synopsis, then, Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic respective ratings pop up underneath the title. If it's below average, you wouldn't wanna continue, would you? I mean, who would wanna waste their expensive precious data on something so lowly rated, right? But, ultimately, the decision is up to you. You can decide to ignore the ratings, and watch it anyway, but, let's be honest, you won't really enjoy it then, because, at the back of your mind, you're very much aware that you're watching a piece of sh*t. That's just fact mehn.

It's all sunshine and rainbows to make up your own mind about a show or movie, but, you'd be better off putting your laptop or phone on a permanent airplane mode, then. We're in an influencial internet age, and a person would be mildly deluded as to think it's possible to have an opinion of a show or movie that is entirely their own.

5 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by MJBOLT: 4:17pm On Feb 20, 2018
The Gifted & Stranger Things
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaziar: 4:56pm On Feb 20, 2018
Currently on BRITANNIA. Wasn't really sure what to expect but I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised.

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:47pm On Feb 20, 2018
Mars

Six part miniseries. Set in the year 2033. Enthralling stuff.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Miggs(m): 8:22pm On Feb 20, 2018
Todd McFarlanes' Spawn-a dark,gritty,bleak,HBO animated, black superhero program

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by thorrvik55(m): 1:24am On Feb 21, 2018
Kaziar:

Well, with a 98% rating on Rotten Tomatoes which is only because a critic out of nowhere decided the black panther didn't fight enough bad guys. And a generally acclaimed status as "the best" out of marvel studios yet, I don't think there's a question of it not being interesting.
As for what it's all about, you've just got to see for yourself. Moreover it's currently being premiered in cinemas across the world (I think the next stop is South Africa) Nigeria had her own on 13th January in Lagos.

Have u seen the movie? Heard he drinks herbs in order to get strength...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by thorrvik55(m): 1:25am On Feb 21, 2018
Olamyyde:
I heard black panther is extremely overrated.

Don't trust rotten tomatoes. Same site that gave boyhood(2014) a 97% rating which was a very average movie

I'm not surprised
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Omololu2121: 5:49am On Feb 21, 2018
Walking dead
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by harryakand: 9:45am On Feb 21, 2018
thorrvik55:

Have u seen the movie? Heard he drinks herbs in order to get strength...
In their tribal ritual challenge combat, the village chief gives him herb to take the away the strength of the black panther. He also takes another herb (gives back the black panther strength) after the combat.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 21, 2018
I need download link to the movie Foxtrot, anybody?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by thorrvik55(m): 12:17pm On Feb 21, 2018
harryakand:

In their tribal ritual challenge combat, the village chief gives him herb to take the away the strength of the black panther. He also takes another herb (gives back the black panther strength) after the combat.

So without the herbs he is just some random guy with no strength?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:31pm On Feb 21, 2018
thorrvik55:

So without the herbs he is just some random guy with no strength?

Agbo toh bahd grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 21, 2018
Please, guys, take the Black Panther discussion to What Movie Are You Watching Now?

I know some folks can't tell the difference between movies and tv series, but, please, be so kind as not to derail this thread further with a movie discussion and request when there's a thread created specifically for that. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 21, 2018
Altered Carbon.

Got the CD, it's quite interesting, brilliant concept I must say.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by LordAdam16: 5:53pm On Feb 21, 2018
Olamyyde:
I heard black panther is extremely overrated.

Don't trust rotten tomatoes. Same site that gave boyhood(2014) a 97% rating which was a very average movie

How on god's green earth is Boyhood an average movie.

I know it's different strokes for different folks, but there's no metric with which you'd measure Boyhood and it'd score average. It is EXCELLENT.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by LordAdam16: 6:26pm On Feb 21, 2018
koice:

Dude, there is nothing wrong with Moonlight. It even won an Oscar... what are you on about?

About Flash, it's a niche package. It's for a particular group of people... teens and young adult demographic. They (teens) love it, even if you don't. There are criteria used in show reviews that all professional critics use, and apparently Flash ticked all the right boxes. It has even won TCA (Teen Choice Awards) multiple times.

Nobody is perfect. Sometimes, these top aggregation websites make blunders, but, you should also note that they play a huge part in influencing your opinion, and to tacitly guide you. For example, you wanna watch a movie or a tv show, but you don't know anything about it at all. So, you google it to get a quick synopsis, then, Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic respective ratings pop up underneath the title. If it's below average, you wouldn't wanna continue, would you? I mean, who would wanna waste their expensive precious data on something so lowly rated, right? But, ultimately, the decision is up to you. You can decide to ignore the ratings, and watch it anyway, but, let's be honest, you won't really enjoy it then, because, at the back of your mind, you're very much aware that you're watching a piece of sh*t. That's just fact mehn.

It's all sunshine and rainbows to make up your own mind about a show or movie, but, you'd be better off putting your laptop or phone on a permanent airplane mode, then. We're in an influencial internet age, and a person would be mildly deluded as to think it's possible to have an opinion of a show or movie that is entirely their own.

I think a lot of people think too highly of their opinions. That you don't like a movie doesn't mean it's crap. I don't like K-Pop, doesn't mean it's crap. Professional reviewers are fallible. That's why these review sites take aggregates. However, when a movie or series doesn't get a perfect score on RT or MC, there are actually verifiable, tangible reasons why it did not get it. If you liked the movie nonetheless, it pretty much means that you ignored those neg points or they don't mean that much to you.

I mean Avatar still has its haters, and I understand their reasons, but I can't wait to see the sequel. I mean while most of us were drooling about the visuals and heroism of Dwayne and Diddario in San Andreas, some couldn't get past the fact that a rescue pilot took government property on a personal, SELFISH mission while the people who paid his salary died and he didn't give a sh*t.

Heck, I know Passengers kinda deserved the flak it got, but how about we have one non-PC movie that just showed how terrible, selfish, and crazy ordinarily decent people can be when sh*t hits the fan.

Personally, I take a cursory look at reviews, but the synopsis is more important to me.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Olamyyde(m): 6:40pm On Feb 21, 2018
LordAdam16:

How on god's green earth is Boyhood an average movie.

I know it's different strokes for different folks, but there's no metric with which you'd measure Boyhood and it'd score average. It is EXCELLENT.

-Lord
The only thing special about the movie is that it was filmed for 12 years
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Blue3k(m): 7:20pm On Feb 21, 2018
TV show: Berserk 1997 anime. It's pretty great story.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by LordAdam16: 7:20pm On Feb 21, 2018
Olamyyde:

The only thing special about the movie is that it was filmed for 12 years

If that's the only special thing you could pick out about the movie, then the movie is not the problem. You need to re-evaluate how you rate movies. Not that it's important anyway, your opinion isn't worth much.

I'm out here thinking how you want anyone to take you serious when you say the "only thing" special about a movie that was nominated for five Golden Globe Awards, five BAFTA awards, and six Academy Awards, is that "it was filmed for 12 years."

Is that meant to be a joke or something?

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Olamyyde(m): 9:58pm On Feb 21, 2018
LordAdam16:

If that's the only special thing you could pick out about the movie, then the movie is not the problem. You need to re-evaluate how you rate movies. Not that it's important anyway, your opinion isn't worth much.

I'm out here thinking how you want anyone to take you serious when you say the "only thing" special about a movie that was nominated for five Golden Globe Awards, five BAFTA awards, and six Academy Awards, is that "it was filmed for 12 years."

Is that meant to be a joke or something?

-Lord
No be by awards or nominations. Some movies are specifically designed to rake high ratings from critics.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by LordAdam16: 10:04pm On Feb 21, 2018
Olamyyde:

No be by awards or nominations. Some movies are specifically designed to rake high ratings from critics.

Blimey, a functional human being didn't just post this.

You are a troll. That's the only semi-decent adjective I can use to describe you.

-Lord

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (955) (956) (957) (958) (959) (960) (961) ... (2809) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: jelel6 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.