Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,186 members, 7,807,627 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

How Much Will It Cost To Plaster This Set Of Houses - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much Will It Cost To Plaster This Set Of Houses (12720 Views)

Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe / The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses / 1000 Units Of Houses For Sale @ By Redemption Camp. No Agency Fees! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Will It Cost To Plaster This Set Of Houses by fawazbruce: 9:52pm On May 19, 2011
Hello All,

I am currently involved in a project to plaster two houses. The dimensions of the houses are:

Main Building: 12.975sq m by 25.975sq m. Area of this building is 313.648sq m

BQ: 7.875sq m by 14sq m. Area of this building is 110sq m

The main building is a block of four nos 3 bedroom flats while the BQ comprises of 2 nos 2 bedroom flats. All rooms have their bathrooms ensuite; each flat has a guest toilet, with parlour, kitchen and dining area.

The contractor employed by the owner of the premises has been known to 'inflate' materials used in building the 2 houses. I have been requested to prepare a counter quote for the cost of plastering this premises( this counter quote will be compared with the quote that the contractor handling the job will submit)

Can anyone give a rough estimate of:
- how many bags of cement
- amount of plastering sand required(tonnes of plastering sand and/or size and number of trucks)
- maximum labour cost for bricklayers(numbers of days and daily rate to pay)
- cost per truck load of plastering sand
- various types of plastering sand available

Any other information will be appreciated.

Unfortunately, the contractor cannot be changed(there is a signed contract for the job already, but materials can be supplied by the owner, if the owner chooses).

Thanks
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Plaster This Set Of Houses by fawazbruce: 12:46pm On May 20, 2011
Waiting,
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Plaster This Set Of Houses by Nobody: 10:58pm On May 20, 2011
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Plaster This Set Of Houses by fawazbruce: 12:01am On May 21, 2011
Man,

This is not a paid job for me. Like i said, a contractor has already been signed to the job. The contractor is a little bit funny with materials, so I am trying to get a rough idea of how much plastering will cost. I can confirm that the QS has submitted a BQ but the contractor costs are less than the QS supplied with very good quality. For the ground floor block setting, the contractor bought all materials but for upstairs block setting the owner bought his materials and there was a big drop in cost. We have not caught the contractot but when we buy things,. its much cheaper than the contractor or QS quotes.

I just want to have a rough idea. Thats all. or perhaps if you can help with how many bags of cement will be required for plastering given a truck load of plastering sand. That is another way we want to use to monitor this please. For example, if we buy him three units of 18 tons of plastering sand, how many bags of cement will be used for each truck. Once we have an idea, we will be buying the sand and supplying the cement bags to him.

Appreciate your help please
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Plaster This Set Of Houses by princeonx: 5:59am On May 21, 2011
fawazbruce:

Man,

This is not a paid job for me. Like i said, a contractor has already been signed to the job. The contractor is a little bit funny with materials, so I am trying to get a rough idea of how much plastering will cost. I can confirm that the QS has submitted a BQ but the contractor costs are less than the QS supplied with very good quality. For the ground floor block setting, the contractor bought all materials but for upstairs block setting the owner bought his materials and there was a big drop in cost. We have not caught the contractot but when we buy things,. its much cheaper than the contractor or QS quotes.

I just want to have a rough idea. Thats all. or perhaps if you can help with how many bags of cement will be required for plastering given a truck load of plastering sand. That is another way we want to use to monitor this please. For example, if we buy him three units of 18 tons of plastering sand, how many bags of cement will be used for each truck. Once we have an idea, we will be buying the sand and supplying the cement bags to him.

Appreciate your help please
If the above statement is true who botter giving him the job in the first place?
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Plaster This Set Of Houses by princeonx: 6:02am On May 21, 2011
The contractor employed by the owner of the premises has been known to 'inflate' materials used in building the 2 houses.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Plaster This Set Of Houses by fawazbruce: 10:34pm On May 21, 2011
prince_onx:

The contractor employed by the owner of the premises has been known to 'inflate' materials used in building the 2 houses.

prince_onx:

If the above statement is true who botter giving him the job in the first place?

A lot of naija contractors are crooked. You have to second guess everything they do for you cos you aint sure if you are being cheated or not. We have not gotten solid evidence yet but when we buy materials ourselves, we spend less money. We are not always on site so i guess maybe the deliveries are less than when we buy.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Plaster This Set Of Houses by ojay4live: 5:56pm On May 22, 2011
If the DRAWINGS is not available,try give the LENTH,HEIGTH & WIDTH,also the likable OPENINGS in each COMPACTMENT e.g bedroom,toilet etc.with this i could assist u.

OBIAJULUM .O.E (OJAY)
J & I CONSTRUCTION
08038193946 /07042242098
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Plaster This Set Of Houses by obynoud1: 8:53pm On May 22, 2011
we can do it in good price just call at 08068074793
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Plaster This Set Of Houses by kurus: 9:35pm On May 25, 2011
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Plaster This Set Of Houses by agentzakky(m): 7:01am On Jun 06, 2011
we need to know the wall area. you can upload the architectural drawing to make it easier.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Plaster This Set Of Houses by pereze: 8:26am On Jun 06, 2011
98% of housemates are either searching for jobs or looking for sometnig meaningful to do with themselves and you are here talking about about wetin concern you.
You try well well!
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Plaster This Set Of Houses by mexxyaaron(m): 8:48am On Jun 06, 2011
hi poster,

am a quantity surveyor by profession the alot of experience and i would wanna state some facts for u right now.

1.its not possible for anyone to give u a quote without knowing the area of the wall to be plastered on seeing any drawing to aid their quote.

2.any quote given to u without the above mentioned information will be definately wrong and deceptive to u,so beware.

3.u definately have to pay to get the required information cos i really dont thing anyone here would wanna give u a quote for something he is not gonna be working on,so since u wanna get this contract from the client,i suggest u spend money to get an accurate quote or esle u are just deceiving urself.

4.calculating ur required quote and material schedules to determine the quantity of cement,sand and time takes alot of time and i dont think anyone here will be willing to work for about a whole day or more and let out the work to u without any compensation.

These are my true opinion and goodluck to u in ur quest.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Plaster This Set Of Houses by mexxyaaron(m): 8:49am On Jun 06, 2011
hi poster,

am a quantity surveyor by profession the alot of experience and i would wanna state some facts for u right now.

1.its not possible for anyone to give u a quote without knowing the area of the wall to be plastered on seeing any drawing to aid their quote.

2.any quote given to u without the above mentioned information will be definately wrong and deceptive to u,so beware.

3.u definately have to pay to get the required information cos i really dont thing anyone here would wanna give u a quote for something he is not gonna be working on,so  since u wanna get this contract from the client,i suggest u spend money to get an accurate quote or esle u are just deceiving urself.

4.calculating ur required quote and material schedules to determine the quantity of cement,sand and time takes alot of time and i dont think anyone here will be willing to work for about a whole day or more and let out the work to u without any compensation.

These are my true opinion and goodluck to u in ur quest.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Plaster This Set Of Houses by montobix(m): 7:10am On Mar 08, 2013
Hello,
M a quantity surveyor n if u av a signd contract on labour. U av d quantites also signd already. U nid no amt of labour anymore. This case is simple. Nw u av d materials supply option opend 2 u. I cn assit u wit material needed n don't ask me 4 labour rate. I wud give u free witout charges thou it isn't prof. But I wud give u. Contact me on 08175589442

(1) (Reply)

Genuine and Secured plots at Gosgra Estate Ikorodu now selling for N500,000 / Looking To Buy, Let & Sell Your Properties Without Stress? Then, Look No More! / Welcome To The New Nicon Town From The Developer Of Nicon Town Estate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.