Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,927 members, 7,803,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. (9094 Views)

Nwakali And Chukwueze With Arsene Wenger & Nwankwo (Photos) / Should Wenger Be Sacked? / Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by snowdrops(m): 10:19pm On May 21, 2011
ok now mr messiah, best manager in history, . . . .
some persons are either too ignorant, arrogant or clueless.
your argument is greatly flawed but sadly
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by YoruIgbo(m): 10:40pm On May 21, 2011
If Mourinho was in the premier league the season Arsenal went unbeaten, Arsenal toal league point won't have been enough to win the league grin. Trust me Wenger is a rubbish coach who only won league title when Sir Alex lost it and now that we have more team that can win the league if Sir Alex loses it, it simply tells you that Arsenal under Wenger will win nothing next season or ever again.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by snowdrops(m): 10:43pm On May 21, 2011
i hope mourinho goes to man city coming season. would spice up the premiership, and with other clubs vying for the top four, arsenal may well end 5th and below. maybe then the directors in arsenal would finally get the message and give AW the boot.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by YoruIgbo(m): 10:48pm On May 21, 2011
People often think the nick name Prof is because he understand the game or play a good brand of football  grin grin fa fa fa fowl according to zebrudaya of the new masquerade, 

When Arsene Wenger arrived at Highbury in the autumn of 1996, it was as if he had fallen to earth from a distant planet. He spoke English fluently, he knew about football, but there was something mysterious about him. In those days, he wore wire-framed glasses; he was very tall and alarmingly thin. He had been living in Japan and was reserved and rather fastidious. He had a degree in politics and economics from Strasburg University. He neither talked nor looked like a football manager, but rather resembled an MEP, switching between languages with ease. The Arsenal players, most of whom were then English, knew what to call him: "the Professor". Rival fans, because of his unsettling difference, also knew what to call him and their insults were brutal and wounding, in the English way

Shikena!!!
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by kcjazz(m): 11:14pm On May 21, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

People often think the nick name Prof is because he understand the game or play a good brand of football grin grin fa fa fa fowl according to zebrudaya of the new masquerade,

When Arsene Wenger arrived at Highbury in the autumn of 1996, it was as if he had fallen to earth from a distant planet. He spoke English fluently, he knew about football, but there was something mysterious about him. In those days, he wore wire-framed glasses; he was very tall and alarmingly thin. He had been living in Japan and was reserved and rather fastidious. He had a degree in politics and economics from Strasburg University. He neither talked nor looked like a football manager, but rather resembled an MEP, switching between languages with ease. The Arsenal players, most of whom were then English, knew what to call him: "the Professor". Rival fans, because of his unsettling difference, also knew what to call him and their insults were brutal and wounding, in the English way

Shikena!!!
Your point?

And that comment in praise of AW was from Tony Adams, the man that AW helped extend his career and who is following the same philosophy in Gabala Fc.

Every club and business has a model that works for it. Measure results against their model not on others or the ones you think is best. Chelsea hasn't achieved much per money invested or even Manchester City. This are verifiable facts with numbers.

We can't measure what could have being if Arsenal did not build a stadium or revert to a robust fully commited youth policy. We do know AW won trophies for a club at 12th position when he came in, people can claim the league was less competitive but again Manchester UTD won trophies then as well so lets not make such arguments. Today after 57 years Lille has won the French league, trophy droughts are not a misnomer they are a fact of life and Arsenal's was done for a good reason.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by YoruIgbo(m): 11:54pm On May 21, 2011
Let me be very clear with Arsenal Youth policy, Our Youth policy is simple using younger players to play football simple because it cost less to pay their wages!!
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by renewnaija(m): 1:02am On May 22, 2011
kcjazz:

We can't measure what could have being if Arsenal did not build a stadium or revert to a robust fully commited youth policy. We do know AW won trophies for a club at 12th position when he came in, people can claim the league was less competitive but again Manchester UTD won trophies then as well so lets not make such arguments. Today after 57 years Lille has won the French league, trophy droughts are not a misnomer they are a fact of life and Arsenal's was done for a good reason.

Kindly expanciate on the bolded. Under Wenger has the club ever had a 'non-robust fully committed' youth policy? undecided
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by princeken(m): 7:56am On May 22, 2011
Arsene Wenger should be sacked when they find a better coach for arsenal who for now, just doesn't exist. While Arsene Wenger's is partly to be blamed for making some fundamental mistakes along the way, Arsenal's troubles seem to be far more complicated than what we think it is. The fact is that, Arsenal doesn't have money to splash out on "experienced and ready-made" players' transfer fees and wages. So for now, "In Arsene we hope" to find a way to end the trophy drought.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by dipo2much(m): 12:49pm On May 22, 2011
@ Kcjazz

Well said. You don't owe anybody any explanation. If anybody is asking any fullish question, jus ignore abeg
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by coogar: 3:57pm On May 22, 2011
snowdrops:

ok now mr messiah, best manager in history, . . . .
some persons are either too ignorant, arrogant or clueless.
your argument is greatly flawed but sadly

i don't understand your agbero logic. i am putting it to you wenger is the best out there. the least you could have done is to put my theory apart by making smart points not talking about arrogance or ignorance. if you have any point to discredit wenger's managerial brilliance, bring them forth otherwise shut the hell up. i don't tolerate tools.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by snowdrops(m): 5:09pm On May 22, 2011
coogar:

i don't understand your agbero logic. i am putting it to you wenger is the best out there. the least you could have done is to put my theory apart by making smart points not talking about arrogance or ignorance. if you have any point to discredit wenger's managerial brilliance, bring them forth otherwise shut the hell up. i don't tolerate tools.
if you had read all the comments from the onset you would have seen the answers to the questions you posed as I have already had similar debates with other persons.
You are entitled to your opinion at the end of the day. Whether you believe in aliens, fairy tales or Bigfoot na you sabi.
But on the issue of personal attacks and insults, believe me I am a master when it comes to that but you are clearly unarmed for an assault I will let you be for now.
And as the wise would say never argue with a mad manbecause people cannot tell the difference. Let the contrast remain as day and night, young man.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by coogar: 6:06pm On May 22, 2011
snowdrops:

if you had read all the comments from the onset you would have seen the answers to the questions you posed as I have already had similar debates with other persons.
You are entitled to your opinion at the end of the day. Whether you believe in aliens, fairy tales or Bigfoot na you sabi.
But on the issue of personal attacks and insults, believe me I am a master when it comes to that but you are clearly unarmed for an assault I will let you be for now.
And as the wise would say never argue with a mad manbecause people cannot tell the difference. Let the contrast remain as day and night, young man.

ask around. if i don't put you to sleep within 60 mins then my name is not coogar. i feast on herbs like you for fun.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by snowdrops(m): 6:11pm On May 22, 2011
coogar:

ask around. if i don't put you to sleep within 60 mins then my name is not coogar. i feast on herbs like you for fun.

hahahahahahah

can see someone is reading too many wayne rooney tweets.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by coogar: 6:13pm On May 22, 2011
snowdrops:

hahahahahahah

can see someone is reading too many wayne rooney tweets.

roflmao.

actually, i am the biggest anti-wenger acolyte on this forum. i have cursed wenger more than anyone on this forum. i was just being sarcastic last night and you couldn't spot my sarcasm. go to the arsenal thread and see the extensive damage i have inflicted on those pathetic fans and their hopeless manager. grin
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by dayokanu(m): 6:14pm On May 22, 2011
That was why I was shocked that snowdrops took the bait.

On this forum, Coogar is the worst anti Wenger after me
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by snowdrops(m): 6:17pm On May 22, 2011
well he should have backed off at that point like an adult instead of trying to o hard to look serious
dayokanu:

That was why I was shocked that snowdrops took the bait.

On this forum, Coogar is the worst anti Wenger after me
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by snowdrops(m): 6:19pm On May 22, 2011
coogar:

actually, i am the biggest anti-wenger acolyte on this forum. i have cursed wenger more than anyone on this forum. i was just being sarcastic last night and you couldn't spot my sarcasm. go to the arsenal thread and see the extensive damage i have inflicted on those pathetic fans and their hopeless manager. grin
Your past hatred for Mr Wenger is immaterial in our current debate. Me think you have been pinned down into a tight corner and only trying to to save face by changing to topic of conversation cool wink cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by coogar: 6:47pm On May 22, 2011
snowdrops:

Your past hatred for Mr Wenger is immaterial in our current debate. Me think you have been pinned down into a tight corner and only trying to to save face by changing to topic of conversation cool wink cheesy cheesy grin

what are you talking about? what past hatred? you are not a computer illiterate - go to my previous posts on my profile and see for yourself. i still hate arsene wenger but sarcasm flew over your okada-seat head. if you want an argument, bring it. i can still argue wenger is the best manager in the world and win against you. fuckin hell - i can argue bebe is better than messi and win that debate against you. what do you know about football? what's your pedigree? what's your iq? grin
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by snowdrops(m): 6:58pm On May 22, 2011
ehm, its past your bedtime, need to hurry before your milk [sorry akamu] gets cold. or are your trying to use your remaining minutes in that hot and damp cyber cafe to rain insults cheesy
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 22, 2011
@ poster, how about sack urself first? In Arsene we trust! For life!
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by snowdrops(m): 9:13pm On May 22, 2011
ancelotti just got the boot. and thats for coming second, despite doing the double last year. if only arsenal can grow some balls.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by kcjazz(m): 5:56am On May 23, 2011
snowdrops:

ancelotti just got the boot. and thats for coming second, despite doing the double last year. if only arsenal can grow some balls.

There is no balls to grow for Arsenal, Ancellotti did not meet his target (statement from Chelsea FC) even after spending over $70 million for the season. This shows that Chelsea has underachieved and with the number of coaches in 5 years, Abramovic has not seen good return on his investments. If trophies were everything as some folks claim then why has Chelsea fired 2 Champions League winners in 5 years?

It goes back to my argument that AW review is not based on just trophies (maybe for some fans, Yes) but to the board, No, but considering his resources and time invested, Arsenal has punched above its weight.

Chelsea runs a different business model even if it is wasteful, in the past 5 years they have spent huge sums on hiring and firing coaches, you call that success? I call it money miss road. This is why I feel that Roman will sell this club in the near future. By the way congrats to Birmingham, they won the CC but they got relegated
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by dayokanu(m): 6:03am On May 23, 2011
Arsenal has punched above his weight? How pathetic, Whats the real weight of Arsenal?

The same level with West Ham, Wigan and co?
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by kcjazz(m): 6:22am On May 23, 2011
dayokanu:

Arsenal has punched above his weight? How pathetic, Whats the real weight of Arsenal?

The same level with West Ham, Wigan and co?

Yes they have punched above their weights when you consider of course you know what I will say money invested/transfers, experience (average age) and probably risk exposure (injury prone). This are verifiable data and statistics. AW would have become a Mini God if he wins trophies for the past 5 years with what he has but he couldn't and that is totally expected.

Not making excuse for a lack of trophies, I just believe people should be judged based on the relevant criteria that applies to them. You don't pay the money for a Corrolla and expect a Lexus service, even if they are both made from the same Toyota factory!
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by dayokanu(m): 7:02am On May 23, 2011
How much did FC Porto spend to with the Champions league, How much did Ajax spend to win the Champions league? Man Utd is in the final again after buying Smalling Bebe and Chicharito only
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by switch47(m): 7:34am On May 23, 2011
dayokanu:

How much did FC Porto spend to with the Champions league, How much did Ajax spend to win the Champions league? Man Utd is in the final again after buying Smalling Bebe and Chicharito only
manchester united is in final because they were lucky to meet teams from inferior league like schakle   along the way. beating the mumu German club black and blue even with a reserve team .
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by dayokanu(m): 7:39am On May 23, 2011
Snce you are retarded, you dont even know they met Valencia, Rangers, Marseille and Chelsea before getting to the finals?

Typical GAYYners
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by kcjazz(m): 7:59am On May 23, 2011
dayokanu:

Here is a link, for Porto in 2003/2004 season. More than 16 players were bought almost half of them formed the nucleus of the team that played Monaco in 2004.
This are not academy players, most of them were Professionals already in the game including our African brother Benny Mccarthy. Amount= 12 million (Porto are cheap folks, thats how they roll)
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/fc-porto/transfers/verein_720.html

Ajax team in 1995, 23 years average age, one of the youngest, most members graduated from Ajax academy, have learnt to play the Ajax way from when they were babies plus they spent on Finidi, Kanu, and other veterans.

Manchester United average age 26/27 years, Van Der Sar, veteran from the above Ajax 1995 class above, Evra Monaco 2004, Giggs/Scholes Champions lg 1925 grin , average squad age and cost well above Arsenal FC. Plus Barcelona will still win them sha tongue
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by snowdrops(m): 10:40am On May 23, 2011
@ kcjazz

stop making excuses for arsenals failures. Your arguments is simply becoming pathetic.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by Neldre(m): 2:25pm On May 23, 2011
arse fans, u dont know what God has given u. a man who keeps the balance sheet clean and avoids debts. he manages the few he has to get more- Arsene Wenger. that is the motive 4 business. arsenal is not a club but a private company with motive to maximize profit. we thank God 4 the best man in the game- SIR ALEX FERGIE- A MILLION IN ONE: A ONE IN MILLION. UNITED
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by dayokanu(m): 3:59pm On May 23, 2011
kcjazz:

Here is a link, for Porto in 2003/2004 season. More than 16 players were bought almost half of them formed the nucleus of the team that played Monaco in 2004.
This are not academy players, most of them were Professionals already in the game including our African brother Benny Mccarthy. Amount= 12 million (Porto are cheap folks, thats how they roll)
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/fc-porto/transfers/verein_720.html

Ajax team in 1995, 23 years average age, one of the youngest, most members graduated from Ajax academy, have learnt to play the Ajax way from when they were babies plus they spent on Finidi, Kanu, and other veterans.

Manchester United average age 26/27 years, Van Der Sar, veteran from the above Ajax 1995 class above, Evra Monaco 2004, Giggs/Scholes Champions lg 1925 grin , average squad age and cost well above Arsenal FC. Plus Barcelona will still win them sha tongue

Whats your argument about? Whats the average age of this Arsenal side, and you keep saying teams bought players,

I can tell you that Arsenal bought more than 75% of their team

Almunia, Clichy, Kolscieny, Squilacci, Song, Persie, Nasri, Arshavin, Walcott, Rsicky etc

Were those players not bought as well? So why did Porto win and Arsenal couldnt win?
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 23, 2011
switch47:

manchester united is in final because they were lucky to meet teams from inferior league like schakle along the way. beating the mumu German club black and blue even with a reserve team .
This is how we know savage cannibals who think with their gullets.
Schalke was inferior enough to get to the semi finals when other less inferior sides like AC Milan,Bayern Munich couldn't make it.
Schalke was inferior enough to beat Inter and Valencia along the way.
Schalke was mumu enough to even qualify for this season's Champions league.
Manchester United had a walk-over in the first round
Recieved a bye in the first qualifying round
Won a coin-toss to progress to the Semi-final
Before managing to play the mumu side.

I forgot,the above was posted by an Arsenal fan.
Unfortunately,if it was Arsenal in the final,your opinion woulda been markedly different.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Student Squanders School Fees While Celebrating Real Madrid Victory / Arsenal Vs Nowich (1 - 0) On 30th April 2016 / Arsenal Offer Thierry Henry Two-month Loan Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.