Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,831 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Networks - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Networks (1467 Views)

Need Help On How To Hack My Bf's Social Networks! / How To Hack Wireless/lan Networks / Fraudulent People On Nigeria Networks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Networks by kenniy(m): 4:28pm On Feb 11, 2006
y shld there b a network topic here..men. nt evry1 is into programming..

any one wu understands ip.s very well lets chat!!
Re: Networks by Ynot(m): 6:20pm On Feb 11, 2006
IP? What do you mean by IP? Are you referring to networking in general? And by the way, please type your post in English. Bad punctuation makes it hard to understand your message. If you have a question, go ahead and ask. I'm sure there are lots of network centric guys in the house.
Re: Networks by kenniy(m): 12:00am On Feb 14, 2006
My bad. i'll try and change.Thanks for the advice. now someone talk or ask network questions!
Re: Networks by Seun(m): 5:02am On Feb 15, 2006
What tools do I need to become an expert Computer/Networking Engineer?
Re: Networks by kenniy(m): 1:11pm On Feb 15, 2006
interest and environment.
similators would work fine too.
Re: Networks by Nobody: 12:06am On Feb 16, 2006
Well seun, you need to have a network in your place, maybe 3 or more computers, they dont have to be super-gigahertz beasts or anything like that. I have like 4 yrs of (informal) self-education on networking, using a 486, Pentium Machines, P3's, etc.
grin
Get a hub/switch, CAT5 Ethernet cable, network cards, crimping tool, and install Linux on one PC and/or windows on another. Then Read, read, read every book/webpage you can get your hands on. And i could help too wink.

If you got the drive, it will take you less than 6mo to be a guru like me.
Re: Networks by r00t: 6:52pm On Feb 28, 2006
ok, lets talk networking. does anyone know when IPv6 is gonna be included in the cisco certification tests? I rue the day that i have to subnet a 128 bit address instead of only a 32 bit address.
Re: Networks by kenniy(m): 11:26pm On Feb 28, 2006
are there full books on IPv6 yet?? dunno much about it yet but i know we still can live with IPv4 for some more years, dunno if cisco's adding it to there exams yet, what do you think, ?
Re: Networks by otokx(m): 11:29am On Mar 22, 2006
please comment on networks for small businesses with PCs not exceeding 30.
Re: Networks by Larufa(m): 6:55pm On Apr 22, 2006
r00t:

ok, lets talk networking. does anyone know when IPv6 is going to be included in the cisco certification tests? I rue the day that i have to subnet a 128 bit address instead of only a 32 bit address.

Just Go to official Cisco certification site. www.cisco.com - click on certification
You can get useful information and learning materials there.
Re: Networks by Larufa(m): 7:45pm On Apr 25, 2006
@r00t,
Just go to this useful site for information:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/ito_doc/ipv6.htm
Re: Networks by Hunter(m): 8:35am On Apr 26, 2006
we should have a CCNA club cheesy

Though the certificate cisco sends out is kinda crappy :S
Re: Networks by lordimpaq(m): 1:02pm On Apr 26, 2006
having a CCNA club won't do, why can't we just have a network engineers's club,
that would do,

besides i have a problem, anyone with experience ini working with cisco router here

i've got a configuration problem,
Re: Networks by Ynot(m): 1:34pm On Apr 26, 2006
lordimpaq:

having a CCNA club won't do, why can't we just have a network engineers's club,
that would do,

besides i have a problem, anyone with experience ini working with cisco router here

i've got a configuration problem,

Whats the problem??
Re: Networks by lordimpaq(m): 1:41pm On Apr 26, 2006
okay,

if you want a ccna club go ahead,

besides my question has not been answered,

i am tryiing to configure HSRP (Hot Standby Redundancy Protocol) for some catalyst 3550 switches, and yet the issue of vlan security keeps coming up, some vlans are still allowed, despite apply VLAN acls,
Re: Networks by Ynot(m): 1:52pm On Apr 26, 2006
Can you post your config?
Re: Networks by wormedup(m): 6:43pm On Apr 26, 2006
does anyone here have an explanatory documentation on CCNA router commands ?
i mean, where u can really read up on router commands ?
Re: Networks by Hunter(m): 10:16pm On Apr 26, 2006
the only way to really learn is by doing the course, reading will only get you so far.

But most of the commands and such are listed on the cisco website shocked
Re: Networks by anidat77(m): 7:50pm On May 06, 2006
Why does NIIT charge so much for their courses
Re: Networks by lordimpaq(m): 11:37am On May 07, 2006
visit NIIT site, get their phone number, call them and ask them. grin
Re: Networks by anidat77(m): 7:08pm On May 07, 2006
But you know how bad cash dey wipe 4 Niger, the body is willing but the wallet is weak, Bill Gates had a fertile soil why plant thorns in this technology virgin land. angry
Re: Networks by lordimpaq(m): 7:31am On May 09, 2006
@ani

sorry, even i myself cannot afford NIIT,

just follow what i do, i browse the net for materials and write the exam

honestly thats what i did, just remain focused and pray u pass, cos it can be tricky at times
Re: Networks by Chxta(m): 6:48pm On May 09, 2006
what about networking in Linux cheesy
Re: Networks by seyiox(m): 4:30pm On May 10, 2006
IPv6 was included in the CCNP routing exams i tooks a while back - though not more than 3 or so. I also visited some Cisco forums where people says IPv6 questions were asked but like r00t said get thier syllabus from the site.

A good networking question is that How best do we implement MAN (metroplitan area networks) i,e like city wide networks without having to use companies like GTE for thier cabling? cuz that's what many do now and they run into problems with thier clients when these "telcos" fail to maintain thier networks.
Re: Networks by seyiox(m): 4:36pm On May 10, 2006
@chxta you're the don
that's the best networking question asked on this site (apart from mine grin grin)

Yep so chxta to get a lot out of linux networking, do this:
Install quagga,
get like 3 net cards
get a small material on SLIP (Serial Line IP)
and u know what, you have a mini cisco router there to play with

nice right? well i'm yet to try it.
Re: Networks by Bolaji4349(m): 9:20pm On May 21, 2006
What is so special about this CCNA thing you guys are talking here or cisco routers of a thing,  you are making things disficult for the newbies.

Why would i want to do routing and go buy about 5,000 dollars cisco router "for wetin!" tell me what the cisco router would do that i cannot configure my linux box to do?

Dont get me wrong here, i configure cisco routers "fine" even till their 3500 series routers but with no single certfication from cisco, even to your ccna thing,

what really matter is what you can offer and what you can lay your hands on in real time!

The newbies, for getting jobs in IT in Nigera, you need to go write those exams oh! don't compare yourself with me oh!

the question i would have love to ask here if anybody would want to help about is in security and that is "configuring certificate sevices over IPsec in a network of MS server 2003 and linux network" since this is a network room"

Please anybody who knows about this will be invited by me to test the connectivity in a network lab and probaly would be paid.

For the guy talking about how best one can deploy "MAN" network,   I think the best way is going wireless, there are still wireless device that could cover up to 60-70 miles radius when you are setting it up in a central location of your "MAN" network.

for instance calculating lagos state area from it's central point of view, "i don't think it's up to 49km radius" this is a rough calculations, the town planning people will no better! , the best way deploying metropolitan area network is to go wireless. going wired with fiber optic will be too expensive and time consuming!
Re: Networks by seyiox(m): 11:56am On May 22, 2006
@Bolaji4349
for your first question (the cisco "wahala" and using linux instead) : that's the idea behind quagga (iptables is also there). Using a linux box to act as router.

About the one on IPsec with windows and linux i think i can help out there so lemme do some homework nd expect my reply.

lastly thanks for the help on MAN but i have some issues wit wireless though

see ya
Re: Networks by lordimpaq(m): 4:26pm On May 22, 2006
wireless is alrite if you only deploy a good wireless security solution,

like i use an aironet access point and i've configured it and so far no one can have access except he has access to the AP itself and change settings even if u have access u can get into it either via the web management console or the console port, to make matters worse for intruders it doesnt have a reset button, grin
Re: Networks by hydee0k(m): 8:49pm On May 27, 2006
hey guys can anyone link me with some useful material on comptia A+ and N+ certification
Re: Networks by skbello: 11:23pm On Sep 20, 2010
I HAVE ALWAYS LOOK FOR AN OPPOURTUNITY TO COME ACROSS SOMEONE THAT IS GOOD IN NETWORKING PRACTICAL THAT I CAN WORK WITH IN OTHER TO LEARN , PLZ IF YOU ARE THE ONE, PLZ LET ME KNOW. MY CONTACT ARE neyo100@yahoo.com or 08034687494. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Make Money On The Internet? Fact Or Hype / Buyright.biz, What Is Your Experience? / Best Internet For Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.