Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,825 members, 7,806,315 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Amcon Interview Next Phase! - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Amcon Interview Next Phase! (62211 Views)

Asset Management Corporation Of Nigeria (AMCON) / Amcon( Asset Mtg Company Of Nig.) Is Recruiting Fresh Graduates / Amcon Recruitment Need Help Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by danny2010(f): 8:55pm On May 31, 2011
@Jahman
I have no idea what could have happened to your application. I would suggest you call their number (I put up the number a while back) to find out about what could have happened with your application. They might divulge more information about the interviews. I'm sorry I can't help more- I'm just a fellow job seeker smiley
I've also put up details of how my interview went. No vex my broda, I can't disclose the exact position and specific role. I even find it a bit worrisome other people have refused to share their experiences here on this thread. All the best!
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by JahMan1: 8:17am On Jun 01, 2011
Thank you Danny2010.
This NL is a wonderful place.
LOL!
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by Samrose: 2:48pm On Jun 01, 2011
Please Nairalanders I am an experienced job seeker. I applied for one of the job roles in amcon. They sent me a mail to update my data which fortunately I had done even before they sent me a mail. I want to know if any one has been invited as an experienced jo seeker. Is it interview direct or test before interview? Please how is the test or interview for those seeking for experience positions? Some one should please help out. Thank you
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by Totfulguy: 4:26pm On Jun 01, 2011
I think with the confusion on the role of Amcon, its role as it relates to salvaging of toxic assets of banks, the ensuing court cases that are trailing sale of bank to investors and the refusal of shareholders to lets go, a lot is left to be desired. Amcon is really one institution that does not seem to have a clearly defined portfolio. Does anyone have a friend that is working with Amcon? I am not trying to be pessimistic, all am saying is that we should not expect too much of Amcon. Apply in other places and if Amcon comes then that will be a bonus. I did my update and I have not heard from them. My best wishes to us all.
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by Totfulguy: 10:51pm On Jun 08, 2011
Has anyone heard a word from HCDC with regards to AMCON? Pls provide updates here. Regards.
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by JahMan1: 9:17am On Jun 09, 2011
No news yet.
I guess they are confused, or at best overwhelmed.
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by danny2010(f): 1:46pm On Jun 09, 2011
Hey Totfulguy and Jahman,

no news yet from HCDC/AMCON. The only other person i know that was called up for an interview (finance role too) is yet to hear from them as well. I hear from someone that knows someone (in short, long tin) that HCDC is still conducting interviews. i would try to call them to find out what's next. I'm not sure what their selection criteria is but i just discovered i was shortlisted for another finance role on another email address I used this week and they sent me the mail since mid may shocked I forgot i used that email address so i missed the cut-off date to send in additional information (Remember, i mentioned i did multiple applications). If it helps- i have like 3 years relevant experience and a masters. The other person as well. There were some older people around me. A man had like 8 years experience and was being interviewed a pretty senior position.

Yes, i agree with totfulguy about the undefined portfolio. I'm definitely not thinking long term for AMCON cos i dont see what they would be doing in the long term anyways!

Please lets all keep praying for the best.

cheers.
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by Asabs(m): 10:45am On Jun 10, 2011
I did my interview on 04/06/2011 on Financial mgmnt performance role but yet to hear from them,
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by danny2010(f): 5:19pm On Jun 10, 2011
Thanks Asabs!!! Finally someone else. Did u have your interview in Lagos or Abuja? Did you ask for the feedback time?
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by danny2010(f): 5:23pm On Jun 10, 2011
@asabs
Can u please give an idea of your profile to help determine the selection criteria. Do u have a msc and a 2:1?
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by paulk: 10:45pm On Jun 10, 2011
i was sent this type of message three weeks ago, and uptill now,i hav.nt head from them
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by Samrose: 11:59am On Jun 14, 2011
Please has anyone been invited for interview for recruitment and talent acquisition role? are the venues for the interviews in two places or only Lagos.
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by clubone05: 8:38pm On Jun 14, 2011
i was invited for an interview today, but i was out of state, i thinks very on unprofessional of them to invite someone for an interview on the same day of the interview, in fact barely 4 hrs before the interview, do they think people just wait around for them to call.
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by danny2010(f): 11:50pm On Jun 14, 2011
@clubone05, lol. The same thing happened to a friend of mine today who happened to be in town though and rescheuled for later on in the day.more nairalanders are being called up now which is good news!
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by danny2010(f): 11:54pm On Jun 14, 2011
@samrose.
When is your interview? General advice- be informed about the role you are being interviewed for because you would write a technical test about the role! Ensure your cv shows what experience you have cos its for an experienced position (relevant work exp I mean). Try to ensure you are informed of what AMCON does etc. Hope this helps. All the best
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by clubone05: 7:40am On Jun 15, 2011
@danny, dont mind them, what do i need to take along and where is the venue in lag, because i havent gotten the mail with details.do i need to take my cv or do they have ready?copies of my credentials?
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by unclepn: 1:55pm On Jun 15, 2011
I was interviewed for Experienced IT position two weeks ago. The technical test is pretty simple and u have 15 minutes for that.
My concern is that i was interviewed by just one man. what would one man judgement look like? HUM!!!

Has anyone been called for the next stage (for IT)?

Pls share

One love
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by Guyman02: 3:46pm On Jun 15, 2011
unclepn:

I was interviewed for Experienced IT position two weeks ago. The technical test is pretty simple and u have 15 minutes for that.
My concern is that i was interviewed by just one man. what would one man judgement look like? HUM!!!
Has anyone been called for the next stage (for IT)?

Pls share

One love

Abi you want to be interviewed by a batallion, Nigerians sef? grin grin grin
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by tankwa: 5:43pm On Jun 15, 2011
House
I received a text to update my data as an experienced graduate but up till now I have not been able to log on with my e mail address. I keep on getting error msg that my e mail is notb in their data base.
I use two e mail adds, One from my org. and the other from Yahoo.
Do you have the same experience with me or did I make mistake while inputing mu e mail add during registration.
help me out
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by danny2010(f): 6:08pm On Jun 15, 2011
Lol @guyman02. I no sabi for unclepn o.

@unclepn- I called them today and they advised feedback is in 2wks as the 1st stage is still ongoing.

Cheers
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by o2dlomez(m): 7:06pm On Jun 15, 2011
Dear Applicant,
Thank you for applying to AMCON.
Kindly visit www.hcdclimited.com and login with the email address you included in your application to update your information –

1. State of Origin
2. Local Government Area
3. Name of University
4. Class of degree
5. Years of experience

Deadline is 5pm Friday 27th May 2011. Please ignore this message if you have already updated your application.
Should you have any technical challenge, please call 0819 186 2816.
FAILURE TO UPDATE YOUR APPLCIATION WILL PRECLUDE YOU FROM THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.

Thank you.

AMCON Recruitment Team
Human Capacity Development Consultants
amcon@hcdclimited.com
www.hcdclimited.com

This is the mail i got but have not heard from them since.
Applied from outside Nigeria tho,
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by o2dlomez(m): 7:10pm On Jun 15, 2011
hi, is anyone in the forum applying from outside of Nigeria? Just thought I could get some info from this forum. I am based in Canada and I'm wondering how all this will work out.

applying from outside nigeria danny undecided
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by clubone05: 1:05am On Jun 16, 2011
after sending me the txt for interview without the email, they said it was a miss up, this guys fit give person job then say na mistake, imagine after i had cleared my day of previous engagements
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by fabienjoe: 2:04am On Jun 16, 2011
@clubone05: Are you sure they said it was a miss up? Or did they tell you it was a mix-up? I'm sure you need better skills than this for this job. GOOD LUCK!
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by exsiaino: 8:58am On Jun 16, 2011
Guys, are you guys all freshers.

Has any Experinced been called for test or interview
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by clubone05: 4:55am On Jun 17, 2011
@fabienjoe.i'm sure they said it was a "MIX-UP" lol.i should be forgiven for one typo on a informal forum at 1 am in the morning, pls dont ever question my competence,
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by danny2010(f): 1:57pm On Jun 17, 2011
@exsiano
I don't know freshers that applied. The people I know that have been called up are experienced hires (between 3-8 yrs relevant exp). That's as far as I know.

Cheers.
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by exsiaino: 11:42pm On Jun 26, 2011
I was sent an email yesterday night asking me to come for a first level assessment> Pleas does any one know what this wiil look like .

Is it a test a an interview staraight. has anyone been called for same?
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by JahMan1: 12:10pm On Jun 27, 2011
@exsiaino,
what position did you apply for?
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by danny2010(f): 11:25am On Jun 28, 2011
@exsiano
Hey! Details of mine was given earlier.I know someone that was calld up over the weekend and ha
d a test. Yeah,his mail said something like first level assessment as well. He said it was a 15minute essay
But I don't really have any more details. Pls tell us how it goes,
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by etg: 9:41pm On Jun 28, 2011
Did their test on mon; no face-to-face interview for the lot. They said they'll get back. Supposedly on the basis of the test result.
Re: Amcon Interview Next Phase! by evamathis: 1:35am On Jul 01, 2011
@danny
Per your interview I am in the same boat
No test just straight up interview in less than 24 hrs
Ill appreciate a heads-up
Pleeeeeease email me on evamathis@rocketmail.com
So we can chat
Na beg I dey beg you
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

How To Write A Letter Of Application For A Job / Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. / Nigerian Stock Exchange Graduate Trainee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.