Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

What Was The Feelig Like When You Had Your First Child? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Was The Feelig Like When You Had Your First Child? (6579 Views)

What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? / A Baby Boy Or A Baby Girl Which Is Best Or You Prefer As Your First Child / Boy Or Girl, Which Is Preferable As Your First Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was The Feelig Like When You Had Your First Child? by conquerorb: 11:09am On May 20, 2011
my joy knew no bounds.i was grining from her to ear callin and tellin all my friends about it.i juas cldnt stop looking at the boy who look very much like me.feel free to share yous.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Feelig Like When You Had Your First Child? by Blazay(m): 10:13am On May 21, 2011
Congrats.
Right now, I am looking for who will purchase mine.
To the lowest or highest bidder. cheesy
Are you interested?
Any price you want. . .

Deal? wink
Re: What Was The Feelig Like When You Had Your First Child? by Nobody: 10:14am On May 21, 2011
Blazay:

Congrats.
Right now, I am looking for who will purchase mine.
Are you interested.
Any price you want. . .

Deal?

This woman grin grin grin grin grin

You must be one hell of a character for your husband. grin
Re: What Was The Feelig Like When You Had Your First Child? by Blazay(m): 10:37am On May 21, 2011
rokiatu:

This woman grin grin grin grin grin

You must be one hell of a character for your husband. grin

He gave up a looooooooon time ago. cheesy
I be like 'fish' bone for im throat.
E nor fit to swalloram. . . an im no fit to vomit am!

Mu he he he he
Re: What Was The Feelig Like When You Had Your First Child? by Nekai(f): 6:18pm On Oct 16, 2011
conquerorb:

my joy knew no bounds.i was grining from her to ear callin and tellin all my friends about it.i juas cldnt stop looking at the boy who look very much like me.feel free to share yous.

How nice, I had to smile reading this.
Re: What Was The Feelig Like When You Had Your First Child? by slimyem: 8:01pm On Oct 16, 2011
There's no feeling because i dont have a first child YET but i seriously look foward to that feeling.
Re: What Was The Feelig Like When You Had Your First Child? by spyder880(m): 8:43pm On Oct 16, 2011
I remember that moment, I couldn't believe it, I just could not fathom the change from bobo to papa! Nearly fainted!
Re: What Was The Feelig Like When You Had Your First Child? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 16, 2011
so much happened. . . . . fainted at the first echography screening, then later on when the water broke i panicked while she was all cool and shiit, labour felt like an eternity, the little fella finally decided to come out, i cut the umbilical chord but he was quiet then he cried/screamed at the top of his lil lungs while i started laughing hysterically.

there isnt much that can compare to such feeling.
Re: What Was The Feelig Like When You Had Your First Child? by skydeep(f): 5:58am On Oct 17, 2011
Though mine is still on d way. My husband is happier than me for having his first baby. He never stops placing his head on my tummy to hear d sound of d baby. I think he will be a proud father.
Re: What Was The Feelig Like When You Had Your First Child? by owo2390(m): 6:02am On Oct 17, 2011
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's too cute.
Re: What Was The Feelig Like When You Had Your First Child? by ifyalways(f): 9:13am On Oct 17, 2011
First I was hurting.The boys came 3 hours apart.
When I was finally able to cuddle them I was overjoyed and grateful.
Re: What Was The Feelig Like When You Had Your First Child? by superior1: 2:44pm On Oct 17, 2011
I will wake in the middle of the night, stand by her cradle for hours just to watch her sleep and then tip-toe quietly back to sleep without waking her mum.
Re: What Was The Feelig Like When You Had Your First Child? by onyengbu: 2:44pm On Oct 17, 2011
ifyalways:

First I was hurting.The boys came 3 hours apart.
When I was finally able to cuddle them I was  overjoyed and grateful.

Mama Ejima!  wink
Re: What Was The Feelig Like When You Had Your First Child? by KDULAR: 2:52pm On Oct 17, 2011
It was a  Sunday was alone in the house was over exited that I just slumped into the arm chair and zzzzzzzzzzgh. woke up 2 hours later, feeling like a KING .   cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Was The Feelig Like When You Had Your First Child? by LadyWinona: 2:54pm On Oct 17, 2011
Wow! Looks like everyone was overwhelmed with joy. It's now dawning on me that i must ve had some kind of post partum depression. To answer the OP question, I was TERRIFIED! I had felt unfit to take care of one that little. Thoughts of whether I would make a good mom plagued my mind. Hated all d mom and baby talk from visitors who came to see me. To add to it, my baby developed a fever plus jaundice on d very first day and was seriously ill for a week. My bosoms quit on me and wouldn't just make enough milk wit my baby screaming all night long and starving. It really was hell. Regained my sanity when my mom came for Omugwo and baby milk introduced cos really my bosoms were not just working. Oh well, good times, will i do it again?,  Didn't ve much of a choice since I conceived 5 months later, again good times.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Feelig Like When You Had Your First Child? by deols(f): 2:56pm On Oct 17, 2011
wow! I look forward to that experience. The way I feel about my siblings is great let alone my own child!. AM sure it would be overwhelming cheesy smiley
Re: What Was The Feelig Like When You Had Your First Child? by switch47(m): 3:06pm On Oct 17, 2011
wonderful
Re: What Was The Feelig Like When You Had Your First Child? by moderatorr: 3:12pm On Oct 17, 2011
when i had ma first baby, i was overwhelmed with joy. I spread my legs wide enough and adjusted my 2 lobes to be properly supported by the plastic sitter.

It was really kicking inside. . .I've heard doctors say a man cant give birth, well i did!
Wheeeew!
Used a leaf or two from the tissue paper, flushed the cistern and went ma way. Life anagaga.
Re: What Was The Feelig Like When You Had Your First Child? by jumie(f): 3:16pm On Oct 17, 2011
I was overwhelmed with joy! Can't forget that day when I first set my eyes on him. I shed tears of joy!
Re: What Was The Feelig Like When You Had Your First Child? by Ugobelu: 3:18pm On Oct 17, 2011
Have not had my first child, but I know it is going to be wonderful having fell it for my siblings and my friends
Re: What Was The Feelig Like When You Had Your First Child? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:21pm On Oct 17, 2011
I'd know in 2 years time
Re: What Was The Feelig Like When You Had Your First Child? by kokoye(m): 3:30pm On Oct 17, 2011
I held him in my arms . .the wifey told me to say the first prayer for him . . .but I could not because I had tears and my hands were shaking . . .raised him up to show him to his grandma . . she saw him and went on her knees thanking God and oyinbo nurses rushing to see if she was OK . . the doctor rushed out to hug her - We'd lost a 6-month twin pregnancy the previous year with the same doctor.

Tears in my eyes as I type this now.

All the glory be unto God.

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Feelig Like When You Had Your First Child? by Baawaa(m): 3:33pm On Oct 17, 2011
It was a day of Thanks giving from the depth of my heart to Almighty God for safety delivery.I thanked HIM for HIS provisions,because when my was pregnant money was coming here and there.and she delivered safely no complication,no operation.i felt great that day!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Was The Feelig Like When You Had Your First Child? by shumno(f): 3:36pm On Oct 17, 2011
It was the most wonderful experience ever. Could not stop staring at the baby, what a miracle, God indeed is Awesome. None can be compared to Him.
Re: What Was The Feelig Like When You Had Your First Child? by kemisuga(f): 3:46pm On Oct 17, 2011
it shall be well with us all!
Re: What Was The Feelig Like When You Had Your First Child? by pimpJay11(m): 3:48pm On Oct 17, 2011
After a lenghty labour, at about 8:10pm, a nurse ran out to say Oga she has delivered ooo, i quickly ran outta the hospital an bought 2 bottles of MOET. Didn't even asked the sex (male, female) I poped randomly n my wife came out with that Sexy smile to say 'Its a baby Boi' ma lil soldier (Romeo) was brought to the crazy world, First was so happy that i have a baby n a son indeed. Second, i was sad coz, dis inoccent soldier was brought to the crazy war front>>>>,,(cry)
Re: What Was The Feelig Like When You Had Your First Child? by anishe(m): 3:49pm On Oct 17, 2011
Alhamduliah. I was just extremely happy. Had to hurriedly left the office that day.
Re: What Was The Feelig Like When You Had Your First Child? by 12840: 4:26pm On Oct 17, 2011
All the while my we were expecting, it was anxiety.
After birth, the anxious moments were over. Maybe these were the curious moments.
Joyful and thankful to God for this gift by the 2nd & 3rd months.
Today, he is 18months old and I feel so responsible, joyful, thankful to God when I see him play around or look into his eyes.
I don't think you can ever know what it is to have a child except you have one.
One thing I must say (THERE IS A DIFFERENCE IN TAKING CARE OF CHILDREN AND HAVING YOUR OWN CHILDREN)
It's a marvel! He is a bundle of joy!
Re: What Was The Feelig Like When You Had Your First Child? by ektbear: 4:29pm On Oct 17, 2011
Hopefully I'll experience this myself in the next 4-5 years.
Re: What Was The Feelig Like When You Had Your First Child? by sentix(m): 5:09pm On Oct 17, 2011
I wont really say I was overjoyed, I think it was more of a mixed emotion. A combination of joy, relief, exhaustion, being scared, confused, etc. I think it was when I got home later that day that it really sank into my that I was a father.

Happened over 9 months ago but still fresh, once you are a daddy its non ending mixture of stress and happinness but that little smile always makes it worthwhile.

Kids can be expensive but they are worth every kobo u spend on them. especially the look on their eyes when you open the door when you get back from work. My daughter's obsession now is my laptop, always eager to sit down on it or try to close the screen. Its funny.

But when you see your child sleeping, you will always thank God. It is really a miracle something so small become to huge in your hands.

I always thank God,
Re: What Was The Feelig Like When You Had Your First Child? by joe4christ(m): 6:17pm On Oct 17, 2011
Well i guess in ten years time i'll be previledged to experience such, Godswilling!!!
Re: What Was The Feelig Like When You Had Your First Child? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 17, 2011
I was overjoyed, I couldn't get my eyes off him cos I ve been waiting to see the little winnie winnie that had been tossin in my belly. I felt really grateful to God

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Value Your Mothers- The Stages Of Life (photos) / What Do I Do With My Maid? / Africa's Tallest President Is The Shortest In His Family (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.