Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,474 members, 7,781,383 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:32 PM

UEFA To Honour Medical Staff & Kjaer For Saving Eriksen's Life - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / UEFA To Honour Medical Staff & Kjaer For Saving Eriksen's Life (14914 Views)

UEFA To Move Champions League Final Out Of St. Petersburg, Russia / Kjaer Being Considered For AC Milan Captaincy After Saving Eriksen / UEFA To Sign A $7.2Bn Deal With Centricus To Stop European Super League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UEFA To Honour Medical Staff & Kjaer For Saving Eriksen's Life by obembet(f): 3:26pm On Aug 24, 2021
The medical team that saved Christian Eriksen's life will be the recipients of the 2021 UEFA President's Award along with Denmark captain Simon Kjaer.

UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin described the individuals as "the true heroes of Euro 2020" after rushing to Eriksen's aid in Denmark's opening group game against Finland.

Eriksen suffered a cardiac arrest and collapsed on the field at Parken Stadium on June 12, but is now on the road to recovery after he was resuscitated on the pitch.

UEFA said the accolade is a "mark of homage for their vital contributions", with Kjaer sharing the honour for his reaction in immediately helping Eriksen as well as for the "exceptional leadership qualities" he displayed.

Eriksen, who returned to Inter for tests to determine whether his career can resume, said: "I would like to thank Morten [Skjoldager], Morten [Boesen] and the medical team who helped in Parken on 12 June. You did a fantastic job and saved my life.

"Also a big thanks to my friend and captain Simon and my teammates in the Danish team for your support, both on 12 June and afterwards.

"Thanks to all the fans who have sent messages to me and my family. It means a lot and has given us strength and support. Thank you."

Ceferin added: "This year, the President's Award transcends football. It serves as an important and eternal reminder of just how precious life is and puts everything in our lives into the clearest perspective.

"I would also like to send my very best wishes to Christian Eriksen and his family as he continues his recovery."

"We did what we should, what we were taught, what we were trained to do. Everybody knew their role, everybody knew what to do. We were not emotional at the scene. Afterwards, we were, of course, like everybody. We're very happy and proud of the outcome."
Kjaer put Eriksen in the recovery position, started the initial CPR procedure, and led the Danish players in forming a protective ring around their team-mate while he was being given urgent medical attention, before then comforting Eriksen's partner.

Denmark then remarkably reached the semi-finals despite losing their opening two group games, and Kjaer said that moment in Copenhagen highlighted the team and nation's togetherness.

"It's something that will stay with us for the rest of our lives," Kjaer said. "The team reacted as a unit, as a team, we made the maximum effort to stick together and try to get through that situation and be as helpful as possible.

"I try to lead the team on and off the pitch, in every aspect of life, as footballers, when we're together. I think it's one of the biggest privileges I have in my career.

"I've known Christian [Eriksen] for many years. He has a great family, he has a lot of friends, a lot of teammates that want the best for him. As long as he's happy and his family is good, I'm happy."

What is CPR and how did it save Eriksen's life?

CPR stands for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and is a medical technique which is given to someone who goes into cardiac arrest.

That occurs when the heart encounters an electrical issue and stops pumping blood around the body and to the brain, causing the person to fall out of consciousness and stop breathing.

Medics define this as 'clinical death', which is the onset of biological death, although CPR can help re-start the person's heart functions and save their life.

By administering chest compressions and rescue breaths, the CPR performer helps to pump blood and oxygen around the person's body, taking over the role of their heart and lungs.

How do you perform CPR?

Always seek professional help by calling 999 before starting CPR.

The NHS's advice to carry out chest compressions is as follows:

The British Heart Foundation recommends that in an emergency situation it is better to try and perform CPR, even if unsure, rather than to not do anything at all.

Source: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/17248/12389518/christian-eriksen-uefa-to-honour-medical-staff-and-simon-kjaer-for-saving-danish-midfielders-life

Other interesting news

https://www.nairaland.com/6717713/arsenal-man-city-psg-5

https://www.nairaland.com/6715388/pogba-set-premier-league-record

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UEFA To Honour Medical Staff & Kjaer For Saving Eriksen's Life by Idamond: 3:40pm On Aug 24, 2021
this is the attribute of God's love..
agape..
imagine crying for your teammate

12 Likes

Re: UEFA To Honour Medical Staff & Kjaer For Saving Eriksen's Life by obembet(f): 3:43pm On Aug 24, 2021
Idamond:
this is the attribute of God's love..

agape..

imagine crying for your teammate

UEFA should also consider saving these Innocent Arsenal fans whose lives were fooled by the likes of Arsene Wenger, Thierry Henry, Pires, Ljumberg, Viera, Reyes and many more

Lalasticlala

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA To Honour Medical Staff & Kjaer For Saving Eriksen's Life by chatinent: 3:45pm On Aug 24, 2021
Especially Thierry Henry, my main man. Even as I have just mentioned Arsenal, it's hard for me to lift my cup to drink water.

obembet:

UEFA should also consider saving these Innocent Arsenal fans whose lives were fooled by the likes of Arsene Wenger, Thierry Henry, Pires, Ljumberg, Viera, Reyes and many more

Lalasticlala

4 Likes

Re: UEFA To Honour Medical Staff & Kjaer For Saving Eriksen's Life by OJEEMAH(m): 3:57pm On Aug 24, 2021
Nice gesture from the governing body. The thought of Marc Vivien Foe flashed through my mind immediately Eriksen collapsed and i prayed silently for him.........Thank God he made it but i wish DENMARK had won the tournament.

1 Like

Re: UEFA To Honour Medical Staff & Kjaer For Saving Eriksen's Life by paulolee(m): 4:08pm On Aug 24, 2021
DTS commendable..
Re: UEFA To Honour Medical Staff & Kjaer For Saving Eriksen's Life by paulolee(m): 4:10pm On Aug 24, 2021
obembet:

Lalasticlala
those ones no de pity themselves....DM still get hope say gunners go better BT naija hope near pass gunners own

1 Like

Re: UEFA To Honour Medical Staff & Kjaer For Saving Eriksen's Life by Great100000: 4:28pm On Aug 24, 2021
That's good and wishing him best of luck too.

UEFA, FA & FIFA also need to awards all Arsenal Fans all over the world an awards to too for their persistence, it's not easy to be an Arsenal fans since 2004.
grin grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: UEFA To Honour Medical Staff & Kjaer For Saving Eriksen's Life by Mangekyo: 5:10pm On Aug 24, 2021
Nice one.
They should honor assnal fans too.
Re: UEFA To Honour Medical Staff & Kjaer For Saving Eriksen's Life by Chloraseptic: 5:19pm On Aug 24, 2021
Those doctors that revive people at the point of death are the real men of God...

Argue with your keypad

10 Likes

Re: UEFA To Honour Medical Staff & Kjaer For Saving Eriksen's Life by obembet(f): 8:44am On Aug 26, 2021
Lalasticlala
Re: UEFA To Honour Medical Staff & Kjaer For Saving Eriksen's Life by YorubaKinging: 1:22pm On Aug 26, 2021
The end is near

While the foolish youth in the south are being distracted by bbnaija and thier yeyebrities

The northerners are perfecting thier acts

Lagos residents are not ready for what's going to happen to them

Meanwhile the followers of Mohammed too are causing troubles in Afghanistan

There will be a deadly attack in some hours

Mohammed is a terrorist and will only be next to Satan in the dungeons of Hell

6 Likes

Re: UEFA To Honour Medical Staff & Kjaer For Saving Eriksen's Life by Lamasta(m): 1:22pm On Aug 26, 2021
They need to be honoured thank God for their timely response back then if not na another thing we for dey talk now
Re: UEFA To Honour Medical Staff & Kjaer For Saving Eriksen's Life by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:22pm On Aug 26, 2021
Very Good and encouraging act

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UEFA To Honour Medical Staff & Kjaer For Saving Eriksen's Life by Baybii: 1:22pm On Aug 26, 2021
cheesy
Re: UEFA To Honour Medical Staff & Kjaer For Saving Eriksen's Life by sematec(m): 1:23pm On Aug 26, 2021
Now that the invasion of NDA has proven to us that we are very unprotected and exposed, what should we do now as a country?
Re: UEFA To Honour Medical Staff & Kjaer For Saving Eriksen's Life by Nuelito: 1:24pm On Aug 26, 2021
Well deserved
Re: UEFA To Honour Medical Staff & Kjaer For Saving Eriksen's Life by GeneralPula: 1:24pm On Aug 26, 2021
They did a good job !
Re: UEFA To Honour Medical Staff & Kjaer For Saving Eriksen's Life by majamajic(m): 1:24pm On Aug 26, 2021
Nice one
Re: UEFA To Honour Medical Staff & Kjaer For Saving Eriksen's Life by Skillsnigeria: 1:24pm On Aug 26, 2021
Hmmm
Re: UEFA To Honour Medical Staff & Kjaer For Saving Eriksen's Life by Tamedo101(m): 1:25pm On Aug 26, 2021
Well done!

cool

obembet:

Lalasticlala

Wetin concern you? No be your team nah angry

Up Gunners!!!

1 Like

Re: UEFA To Honour Medical Staff & Kjaer For Saving Eriksen's Life by Optimistguy1969: 1:25pm On Aug 26, 2021
They all did well.
Re: UEFA To Honour Medical Staff & Kjaer For Saving Eriksen's Life by money121(m): 1:25pm On Aug 26, 2021
Ok
Re: UEFA To Honour Medical Staff & Kjaer For Saving Eriksen's Life by Randal: 1:26pm On Aug 26, 2021
Good move
Re: UEFA To Honour Medical Staff & Kjaer For Saving Eriksen's Life by GeneralPula: 1:27pm On Aug 26, 2021
obembet:

Lalasticlala

How did they fooled Arsenal fans?

Arsenal used to play one of the best football then..

Pires was such a great player - injury damaged his carrier..
Re: UEFA To Honour Medical Staff & Kjaer For Saving Eriksen's Life by SVC6000: 1:27pm On Aug 26, 2021
is not yet time for him to die. God is in control... nobody saves life's accept God . we're just his tools... praise God First before otherwise
Re: UEFA To Honour Medical Staff & Kjaer For Saving Eriksen's Life by Killermamba: 1:28pm On Aug 26, 2021
obembet:
The medical team that saved Christian Eriksen's life will be the recipients of the 2021 UEFA President's Award along with Denmark captain Simon Kjaer.

UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin described the individuals as "the true heroes of Euro 2020" after rushing to Eriksen's aid in Denmark's opening group game against Finland.

Eriksen suffered a cardiac arrest and collapsed on the field at Parken Stadium on June 12, but is now on the road to recovery after he was resuscitated on the pitch.

UEFA said the accolade is a "mark of homage for their vital contributions", with Kjaer sharing the honour for his reaction in immediately helping Eriksen as well as for the "exceptional leadership qualities" he displayed.

Eriksen, who returned to Inter for tests to determine whether his career can resume, said: "I would like to thank Morten [Skjoldager], Morten [Boesen] and the medical team who helped in Parken on 12 June. You did a fantastic job and saved my life.

"Also a big thanks to my friend and captain Simon and my teammates in the Danish team for your support, both on 12 June and afterwards.

"Thanks to all the fans who have sent messages to me and my family. It means a lot and has given us strength and support. Thank you."

Ceferin added: "This year, the President's Award transcends football. It serves as an important and eternal reminder of just how precious life is and puts everything in our lives into the clearest perspective.

"I would also like to send my very best wishes to Christian Eriksen and his family as he continues his recovery."

"We did what we should, what we were taught, what we were trained to do. Everybody knew their role, everybody knew what to do. We were not emotional at the scene. Afterwards, we were, of course, like everybody. We're very happy and proud of the outcome."
Kjaer put Eriksen in the recovery position, started the initial CPR procedure, and led the Danish players in forming a protective ring around their team-mate while he was being given urgent medical attention, before then comforting Eriksen's partner.

Denmark then remarkably reached the semi-finals despite losing their opening two group games, and Kjaer said that moment in Copenhagen highlighted the team and nation's togetherness.

"It's something that will stay with us for the rest of our lives," Kjaer said. "The team reacted as a unit, as a team, we made the maximum effort to stick together and try to get through that situation and be as helpful as possible.

"I try to lead the team on and off the pitch, in every aspect of life, as footballers, when we're together. I think it's one of the biggest privileges I have in my career.

"I've known Christian [Eriksen] for many years. He has a great family, he has a lot of friends, a lot of teammates that want the best for him. As long as he's happy and his family is good, I'm happy."

What is CPR and how did it save Eriksen's life?

CPR stands for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and is a medical technique which is given to someone who goes into cardiac arrest.

That occurs when the heart encounters an electrical issue and stops pumping blood around the body and to the brain, causing the person to fall out of consciousness and stop breathing.

Medics define this as 'clinical death', which is the onset of biological death, although CPR can help re-start the person's heart functions and save their life.

By administering chest compressions and rescue breaths, the CPR performer helps to pump blood and oxygen around the person's body, taking over the role of their heart and lungs.

How do you perform CPR?

Always seek professional help by calling 999 before starting CPR.

The NHS's advice to carry out chest compressions is as follows:

The British Heart Foundation recommends that in an emergency situation it is better to try and perform CPR, even if unsure, rather than to not do anything at all.

Source: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/17248/12389518/christian-eriksen-uefa-to-honour-medical-staff-and-simon-kjaer-for-saving-danish-midfielders-life

Other interesting news

https://www.nairaland.com/6717713/arsenal-man-city-psg-5

https://www.nairaland.com/6715388/pogba-set-premier-league-record

If it where to be Nigeria my country, it will be a presidential handshake
Re: UEFA To Honour Medical Staff & Kjaer For Saving Eriksen's Life by Fidelisbliss: 1:29pm On Aug 26, 2021
grin
Re: UEFA To Honour Medical Staff & Kjaer For Saving Eriksen's Life by bodmas119(m): 1:29pm On Aug 26, 2021
Good gesture

(1) (2) (Reply)

Game Of Thrones World Cup Kits / Benin City To Host Super Eagles Vs Sierra Leone AFCON Qualifier / John Ogu & Chiugo Welcome A Baby Girl (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.