Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,194 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? (12166 Views)

Distribution Of Exotic Vehicles Divides Senators / SS/SE,If Nigeria Divides Today!Can You Vote Jonathan As The President Of Biafra. / Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by untainted: 7:24pm On May 20, 2011
Southerners always call for the division of this country when
northern Moslems on rampage targetting Christians go on their routine killing spree.

The question all southern Christians need to ask is what happens to non-Moslems in
northern Nigeria.

In case you don't know, most states in the north have Christain majority but are less
visible in the power structure of their states. For example, Adamawa and Taraba have
more Christians than Moslems but past military govts ensured only the Moslems are
represented in the top hierarchy of state and federal civil service.

Same military ensured that Moslems in these states were favoured in recruitment and posting
into the army and the security agencies.

Borno State and Yobe have a huge Christian population who are marginalised including Kebbi, katsina,
and even Kano state.

Plateau, Benue, Bauchi and Gombe are clearly Christian states even though the last two and Kogi have
been governened by Moslems since creation or commencement of democracy in 1999.

The question to southern Christians is how will you feel dumping brethen in the midst of wolves who have
the wherewithal and the desire to kill all of them?
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by Sunofgod(m): 7:26pm On May 20, 2011
Simple - They either:

- Convert to Islam
- Relocate Southwards
- Or get 'Slaughtered'
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by untainted: 7:27pm On May 20, 2011
Sun of god:

Simple - They either:

- Convert to Islam
- Relocate Southwards
- Or get 'Slaughtered'

Is that not rather simplistic? No offence.
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by Sunofgod(m): 7:32pm On May 20, 2011
untainted:

Is that not rather simplistic? No offence.

Your right - It is simplistic but I also believe accurate.

What do you forsee? Christians and Moslems living in peace?

Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by untainted: 7:42pm On May 20, 2011
The fact is that the Nigerian project has empowered the
northern Moslem such that just one Moslem can sponsor a war to
annihilate all the christians in that region.

Come to think of it; looking at it disspassionately, I am forced to agree
with your postulation.

I also think that Benue State and to an extent Plateau State can be a
bulwark for the Christians to launch a counter-offensive to regain territory?

Definitely, the Moslems will go after them once Nigeria breaks.
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by ektbear: 8:15pm On May 20, 2011
Sun of god:

Simple - They either:

- Convert to Islam
- Relocate Southwards
- Or get 'Slaughtered'

Simplistic, but 90%+ accurate.
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by Eziachi: 8:57pm On May 20, 2011
Very simple, they move down to Otueke in Bayelsa State.
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by matemate: 11:25pm On May 20, 2011
Gowon and northern christain, murder over 1,000,000 southern christain during the nigeria.

Do you think the same southern christain people  the northern christain killed 1,000,000 care what happen to northern christain. Please go and ask igbo people if they care what happen to Gowon and his people. They dont care. that is your answer. they just want to leave on their own.

Look Igbo will like to retaliate the murder of 1,000,000 by also killing 1,000,000 Gowon  people.    so you see nigeria has issue.
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by Sunofgod(m): 11:48pm On May 20, 2011
matemate:

Gowon and northern christain, murder over 1,000,000 southern christain during the nigeria.

Do you think the same southern christain people  the northern christain killed 1,000,000 care what happen to northern christain. Please go and ask igbo people if they care what happen to Gowon and his people. They dont care. that is your answer.  they just want to leave on their own.

Look Igbo will like to retaliate the murder of 1,000,000 by also killing 1,000,000 Gowon  people.    so you see nigeria has issue.

Sometimes I struggle to decipher the meaning to your post but I'm going to speculate that the point your trying to make is that:

- Any Hausa/Fulani etc 'Christian' based in the North will need to move Southwards?
- Any Igbo/Yoruba etc  'Muslim' based in the South will also need to move Northwards?

I personally have no problem with that but I sense many others who wish Nigeria to divide will have a problem with this.
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by T9ksy(m): 12:57am On May 21, 2011
Sun of god:

Sometimes I struggle to decipher the meaning to your post but I'm going to speculate that the point your trying to make is that:

- Any Hausa/Fulani etc 'Christian' based in the North will need to move Southwards?
- [b]Any Igbo/Yoruba etc  'Muslim' based in the South will also need to move Northwards?
[/b]

I personally have no problem with that but I sense many others who wish Nigeria to divide will have a problem with this.

@ bolded, of course can't speak for igbo muslims but yoruba muslims? Hell no, they are not moving anywhere.

In yorubaland, we are all yorubas first and then whatever spirituality takes your fancy.
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by Musiwa13: 1:03am On May 21, 2011
w
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by Nobody: 1:20am On May 21, 2011
I pray for that breakup, and soon, and the christians can follow the south if they want to, I don't think they will though because they know its peaceful here. You never hear about christains killed in katsina and some other places where they the christains don't start the wahala, and where christians are the majority and they need to push the CAN agenda, we will rise up to the challenge (that's all it is). I know for sure you can have kogi,kwara, benue, plateau minus a little part, part of taraba, kaduna, nasarawa, adamawa, gombe and yobe. Abi?
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by Vallo57(m): 2:59am On May 21, 2011
untainted:

Southerners always call for the division of this country when
northern Moslems on rampage targetting Christians go on their routine killing spree.

The question all southern Christians need to ask is what happens to non-Moslems in
northern Nigeria.

In case you don't know, most states in the north have Christain majority but are less
visible in the power structure of their states. For example, Adamawa and Taraba have
more Christians than Moslems but past military govts ensured only the Moslems are
represented in the top hierarchy of state and federal civil service.

Same military ensured that Moslems in these states were favoured in recruitment and posting
into the army and the security agencies.

Borno State and Yobe have a huge Christian population who are marginalised including Kebbi, katsina,
and even Kano state.

Plateau, Benue, Bauchi and Gombe are clearly Christian states even though the last two and Kogi have
been governened by Moslems since creation or commencement of democracy in 1999.

[b]The question to southern Christians is how will you feel dumping brethen in the midst of wolves who have
the wherewithal and the desire to kill all of them?
[/b]
They will become (CD) Collateral Damage. It is a common phenomenon in Modern era conflicts.
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by Chyz2: 3:18am On May 21, 2011
Who gives a shyt!
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by Obiagu1(m): 3:38am On May 21, 2011
Sun of god:

Simple - They either:

- Convert to Islam
- Relocate Southwards
- Or get 'Slaughtered'

The above is just the solution.

Conversion to Islam is near impossible so that is ruled out.

Relocate southwards seems the solution since northern Muslims must have their own territory.

Get slaughtered a possibility because some would say, this is my land and I'm going nowhere. At the end of the day, will suffer this fate.
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by Chyz2: 4:22am On May 21, 2011
Obiagu1:

The above is just the solution.

Conversion to Islam is near impossible so that is ruled out.

Relocate southwards seems the solution since northern Muslims must have their own territory.

Get slaughtered a possibility because some would say, this is my land and I'm going nowhere. At the end of the day, will suffer this fate.

If they are christians from the north, let them stay there. If they want to relocate southwards, let them go to yoruba.
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by aljharem3: 4:30am On May 21, 2011
Chyz*:

If they are christians from the north, let them stay there. If they want to relocate southwards, let them go to yoruba.
Chyz*:

Who gives a shyt!

what happened to SS-SE-NC(MB) block vote

or u just want to use them grin grin grin

middlebelt and SS was and will never be with igbo

as a poster rightly said sometime ago

middle belt is yoruba and hausa/fulani mixture grin grin grin keep living in lala land

we northerners are cool with christians ok
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by Chyz2: 4:38am On May 21, 2011
alj_harem:

what happened to SS-SE-NC(MB) block vote

or u just want to use them grin grin grin

middlebelt and SS was and will never be with igbo

as a poster rightly said sometime ago

middle belt is yoruba and hausa/fulani mixture grin grin grin keep living in lala land

we northerners are cool with christians ok

doesn't matter.politics of the middlebelt has nothing to do with Ndigbo. let northern christians stay in the north with their brothers.
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by Nobody: 4:45am On May 21, 2011
Yorubas must be included in every wahala una Nigerians get yourselves into?

Let Northern Christians come to Yorubaland then. We're always welcoming. Even Muslims that dont want to be part of Northern Nigeria is welcome, as long as they're not [b]too [/b]religious. There's healthy religiousness, then there is a dangerous one.

Education is a must must must!
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by Chyz2: 4:50am On May 21, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Yorubas must be included in every wahala una Nigerians get yourselves into?

Let Northern Christians come to Yorubaland then. We're always welcoming. Even Muslims that dont want to be part of Northern Nigeria is welcome, as long as they're not [b]too [/b]religious. There's healthy religiousness, then there is a dangerous one.

Education is a must must must!

gbam! cheesy
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by daroz(m): 4:59am On May 21, 2011
[b]Question, [/b]If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North?
[b]Answer, [/b]The same thing that will happen to them if we dont divide. We are only trying to devide now so that the virus wont spread to us here in the south. embarassed
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by Seun(m): 7:20am On May 21, 2011
How will the virus spread to the south when the religion is so unappealing?
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by Nobody: 7:32am On May 21, 2011
Seun:

How will the virus spread to the south when the religion is so unappealing?

why is it unappealing? Because we dont wear skimpy clothing and have a big party every week, like you guys do in church, I must admit that looks good, I wonder how many exposed tits I would have bed'd. But that's not a religion my friend, for God is to be worshiped not hanged on the wall while he watches you have a good time! And you wonder why your pastors are raping girls and sleeping with married women.
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by BabaO2: 7:37am On May 21, 2011
They should defend themselves.
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by Nobody: 7:41am On May 21, 2011
I can't speak for other ethnics but Yorubas christains and muslims can live together peacefully.therefore,the northern christain in the south should join their muslim northerners while the southern muslims in the north should move to join their southern christains.Yorubas cannot divide along religion lines cuz we remain one despite the religion differences.
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by profibro(m): 8:17am On May 21, 2011
Your post is quite oversimplistic and doesn't makes too many unfounded assumptions! Guy, read more on what happens in Nigeria before you make any more such utterances!
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by Nobody: 8:23am On May 21, 2011
Calling for a break-up of Nigeria has been illusive and will be for long. What I advise is. Southerners should never live up North, no matter how comfortable they are there. Some day, they will be killed. Leave the Northerners with their illiteracy and hatred and come back south. When there is no southerner up North, we shall win the war on aboro convention.
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by micklplus(m): 8:34am On May 21, 2011
As pointed out by the O.P that we have christians majority in some northern parts, why can't the christians vote in their own people and vote the muslim minority out?
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by Nobody: 8:43am On May 21, 2011
The biggest trick the PDP played was deceiving Nigerians the violence was religious,
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by Sunofgod(m): 9:06am On May 21, 2011
musKeeto:

The biggest trick the PDP played was deceiving Nigerians the violence was religious,

And the biggest 'Trick' Buhari played was forming a party 100% based on Religous Sentiments (CPC)
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by Johnpaul2k2(m): 9:27am On May 21, 2011
Sun of god:

And the biggest 'Trick' Buhari played was forming a party 100% based on Religous Sentiments (CPC)
GBAM!!!!!!
but one more thing,apart from religious whatever,they also attached killing of Christians and CORPERS in their region and that also the reason why they expelled all the leaders in SS/SE/SW, simply because there were no violent in these region.
if Nigeria divide,
SS/SE and almost NC will emerge,
i dont really know about SW and
'core North' like sokoto,Niger,gombe,bauchi and their likes , where people behave like WILD ANIMAL will form REAL OSAMA BIN LADEN IMAGE
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by queensmith: 9:28am On May 21, 2011
muslims are not the problem. . . . the problem is having muslims and giving them POWER! It has been done in Nigeria and cannot be reversed. So the solution to that is giving them what they want. Thier own state to rule and kill themselves according to Allah's rule as they please.

I dont see why the rest of Nigeria has to be pulled back 1000years because of them, they arent special. They make no economic contribution to the country. They have the highest rates of old age diseases. These people still catch and spread infections and parasites thought to be eradicated by the UN. to top this off they dont mix and dont want to accept religious and cultural differences. They dont even understand that its the rest of Nigeria that supports thier style of living. They have no appreciation at all! Ive tried to embrace them as part of Nigeria but abeg. Let them go we really dont need them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kaduna Is Back To 24hours Curfew / Press Release Apc Youths To Efcc: You Have No Right To Arrest Blogger / 6 Questions Regarding Mubarak Bala's Blasphemy Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.