Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! (10706 Views)

Ali-Baba Gets N2m From Jacob Zuma's Visit To Nigeria / Rapper 50 Cent Calls Out P Diddy Over Tupac Shakur's Death / Do You Think P. Diddy Looks Somali? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by honeric01(m): 11:13pm On Jul 28, 2007
my guy, na soo, we wey still dey lagos, we still dey, infact many of us even dey healthy past some of the so called i can't drink the water, it stinks, omg, dirrty, oh no, i take can water to go to the toilet, oh no, i use vanilla to brush my teeth ones, screw them all, Naija go better sooner or later
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by SMC(f): 11:32pm On Jul 28, 2007
honeric01:

The way you sounded here warrants my wrath but i wouldn't have to descend on you because you are not the mouth runners, why would someone like you believe that the water in sheraton hotel or meridian hotel is not safe for drinking? and you still quote such thing here? thats bad of you, tell me, does the water they drink in the states fall from heaven direct into their cups? why will that yeye Caribbean girl talk that the water can't even be used for brushing her artificial teeth? bullshit them all, there is tap waters in Nigeria, you hardly see wells in Lagos Now a days not to talk of people drinking it, instead there is bole holes and tap water in most places, we stay in lagos and we know what's going on here, so if you know you are not in lagos or hardly go out of your highly fenced home with barbe wire as if it's a prison yard, then don't comment on what you don't know.
and again, you said 60% of Nigerians live below $1 abi? have you ever been to mama put's canteen before? go and check how much food is sold there, try the market and see if you will be able to buy anything that's below $1 and be filled up, Let's stop believing the crap these useless people talk about our country! we know Nigeria is just developing, even if strangers are saying rubbish about our country, must you self say the same thing? if someone say your mom is bad, does that make you support them and rubbish your mom too? this is so simple, you can hardly eat a meal less than $1 and be satisfied, no way, if you think i am lying, go and make research yourself, we eat, cook, go to the market everyday and we know how much we spend just for one derica of rice which is almost $1, excluding ingredients, so why do we talk as if we are that sure of the stupid fact the westerner do give us about our own country?
example, rihana says our five star hotel water is not even safe for brushing of teeth, and then you believe her, you see this useless and baseless fact! INFACT I AM ANGRY WITH NEGATIVE NIGERIANS IN HERE with the way they comment and support stupid and fame seeking celebs from the westerner world who prefer rubbishing African countries the way they like.

Abeg leave story jo. Did anybody tell you that those hotels carry out special treatment for their water? Let us leave sentiments aside and call a spade a spade. Maybe you should go and read the WHO reports on health in your country [you will soon tell me that that is also the white mans propaganda]. What is the quality control that is carried out on the water generally in Nigeria [and even food]? Standards have fallen and that is a fact.

Before you start going on and on about $1 worth of food, let us establish some facts. In your opinion, what do you think is the average Nigerian wage [Average wage for the population, not just the white collar workers living in urban cities like Lagos]. When you have determined what you think it is, deduct taxes (if any are paid at all), rents, transportation costs, clothes, education etc.

While you are doing this, let me just draw your attention to the fact that the $1 a day yardstick is only one of the world bank indications and that is not the absolute determining factor of extreme poverty [which yardstick varies from place to place].

It is a notorious fact that many Nigerians buy food on "credit" [or "awin" as yoruba people call it] and many people cannot make their paychecks/salary last from one month to another.

Mustay:

they've obviously read many erroneous stories that they're confused on which one 2 believe

I did not read any story. I watched Rihanna being interviewed.
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by honeric01(m): 11:49pm On Jul 28, 2007
Let me tell you, you cannot ascertain the basic amount nigerians make or spend because majority of the population are self employed, believe me, WHO deal with what they see and hear from people not what they live and felt the inpacts, we stay here in Nigeria not them and as i can see, not even you, so why try to tell me or confuse me with what i know, which awin are you talking about? if we actually live on awin, they the whole economy should have fallen totally, those stories you read and watch are factless, we live in the situation and we should be the ones to tell you how its it, if you dont wear the shoe, how then do you know where it hurts?
the standard they are setting is just what they feel should be done, but since most Nigerian are self employed, tell me how they have to control or determine the figure then, so lets stop all these rubbish they set or say about Nigeria,
imagine they said average lifespan of a nigerian is 45 and 47, thats total bull shit
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by Mustay(m): 12:19am On Jul 29, 2007
WHO ko, WHY ni?

na so them tell us say we b happiest pple. d next 7 months, them displace us 2 134th!

faCE IT- D SHOW WASN'T ORGANISED WELL!!!

D LAST ONE MADE MUCH SUCCESS
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by yvy1(f): 12:31am On Jul 29, 2007
I was at the show and there a few things I'ld like to point out that happened at least before I left at 12.30 am:

1. Shakira performed first, did her belly dancing and breast shaking moves, introduced members of her BAND and was tripped that naija peeps knew the lyrics to latino songs. She did about 11 of HER OWN songs

2: 1 hr of waitng for them to set up the stage for the new artist. No Basketmouth to keep us entertained like last year's concert (where the bobo waka go sef?)

3: John Legend performed 13 of his songs with his BAND and even got Nona Adimorah (younger sister of socialite Nkiru Anumudu and of the Ask Nona fame both in Thisday Newspapers and on Cool FM) to smooch shamelessly

4: 55mins of another stage set up (Teju Babyface was around, don't know why he wasn't called to crack some dry jokes.) Anyway Dare Art Alade kept us entertained with songs sha.

5: Rihanna comes in in her shimi (oops! sorry! Her baby doll dress) and starts to sing BOB MARLEY. Who sent her? Abi she no get her own hits? She does 4 of her songs and disappears, At least she sang umbrella, sos, hate that I love you and unfaithful, finish. No pon de replay, nothing else.

6: Another 1hr 15 mins of stage setting (thank God for Dare, Dan Foster and Kate Henshaw and Yemi (or is it Femi?) no try at all as co- comperes

7: D'BANJ The Koko master at his best, The best act of the evening, he was soooooooooo good. Guys anywhere he's performing go and watch him. You'll get your money's worth. He's the best young generation successor to Fela (move over Seun, Dede) brought some traditional acts and gave those bloody americans a good run for their money.

8: Another long wait. Honestly, Guys na im make the show drag long oh. I tire to dey count the minutes wey dey pass. Saheeto was selling small chops for 1k per plate. Drinks were N500 for plastic coke, canned beer, red bull. N3,500 for a bottle of very cheap red wine and 45k for champagne. GTBank make money oh as they were the only  coporate body there smart enough to install an atm machine in front of the VIP entrance so those of us who didn't plan properly and had small kishi in our account could show off.

9: KELLY ROWLAND:anybody seen Destiny's child live in Atlanta? if you haven't pls go and get it and add it to your dvd collection at least for entertainment. It's only N500 from your roadside DVD hawker. The moves were the same. Nothing strenous and she DID NOT faint from exhaustion. Na booze cause am. After all she boogied in Cubes on friday night. Nothing impressive about her performance cos I've watched it so many times before in DC live in Atlanta, same moves, same routine, same ol shit excet Beyonce and Michelle were not there to make noise with her. The dress she wore in naija was even shorter than the one in the video. She try sha. Sang about 5 songs then fainted while singing Say my name. We thought it was part of the act as her male dancers rushed to her but when we saw one of her female dancers panicking like they do in naija movies (putting her hands on her head) we raelised something was wrong. They carried her off stage after trying to revive her and the audience was chanting her name to give her moral support.

10: Every cloud has a silver lining. Kelly's misfortune was Sasha's fortune cos she got to perform when it was looking like naija artists like P Square would not have the chance to perform (just like last year) cos of time. Her perfomance was ok. I was too busy looking for small chops.

11. Diddy. B, d did BOB MARLEY (What?) shocked sad, Don't get me wrong I love Bob Marley but Diddy doing his songs! I couldn't find the co-relation. He came with Dj Scratch.(Yankee based Nairalanders should be more familliar with the Dj.) ONLY. NO BAND, NO DANCERS, NOTHING. Beautiful entrance but after that nothing spectacular. Covered other people's tracks that he either featured in or just knew were crowd pleasers. He's an entertainer not an artist. He kept saying it was good to be home and how he wanted to give nigerians their money's worth. So we thought he a genuine person not knowing that he was not in any way better than the average naija politician. Anyway Diddy the Phenomenom as a big name in the industry is what stole the show. Not Diddy the person. Afterall e no sabi dance. D'banj go just beat am hands down.

12. Abeg I just go house go sleep. wetin I wan watch again when work dey the next day? So I didn't see Ne-Yo perform.
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by SMC(f): 12:31am On Jul 29, 2007
Don't go jumping to conclusions. I may not currently be in Nigeria but I most certainly reside in Nigeria. I am not talking about any hearsay. It is something I live and am currently conducting a research on. The average Nigerian wage is not up to =N=50,000/month (self employed or otherwise). Yes, you are right that no one can absolutely know these things for certain, the same way that no one could physically count all Nigerians, but there are ways that an appropriate and acceptable ballpoint is determined. This may not be 100% accurate, but it is a good enough yard stick to go on in a country like Nigeria where there are hardly ever any records or accurate data to begin with. And if you think that the Nigerian economy is strong, think again.

Anyway, let's agree to disagree because you have decided to use a subjective approach and I am going the objective route.
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by yvy1(f): 12:33am On Jul 29, 2007
By the way they all stayed in Penthouse suites in Eko Hotel.
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by chiogo(f): 12:59am On Jul 29, 2007
@yvy1, thanks for the info. The dude can't sing or dance, idk who sang the song he even performed. he just likes to run his mouth. period. he's just a lucky bastard. Imagine where he stayed yet he still opened his mouth to talk $hit! no nice word from him. so bad for a person of his[i] standards[/i] to say.
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by Mustay(m): 1:07am On Jul 29, 2007
money talks
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by honeric01(m): 1:37am On Jul 29, 2007
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ni.html
They said it has been updated july 19th, but just a lit of it was updated, nothing again, they said 60% Nigerians live below poverty line in 2000, we are in 2007 yet, they still have the same 2000 shit there, then if you look at it now, you would now say it's true, One of the things that i can't agree with it that they are always sure of what they say, they often use what they hear about us from other source to rate us.
Mama, no need to argue, i am even tired, if p.diddy like, make him say him go fit feed the whole Nigeria, thats his own palava, what i know is that, if not for condition that made his forefathers get into the states through slave trade, him for dey open that mouth wey bi like catapult stone to talk hogwash talk,
mama smc, let's try to at least look at positive parts of Nigeria instead of pitching out tent at the negative ones all the time
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by SMC(f): 2:39am On Jul 29, 2007
honeric01:

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ni.html
They said it has been updated july 19th, but just a lit of it was updated, nothing again, they said 60% Nigerians live below poverty line in 2000, we are in 2007 yet, they still have the same 2000 shit there, then if you look at it now, you would now say it's true, One of the things that i can't agree with it that they are always sure of what they say, they often use what they hear about us from other source to rate us.
Mama, no need to argue, i am even tired, if p.diddy like, make him say him go fit feed the whole Nigeria, thats his own palava, what i know is that, if not for condition that made his forefathers get into the states through slave trade, him for dey open that mouth wey bi like catapult stone to talk hogwash talk,
mama smc, let's try to at least look at positive parts of Nigeria instead of pitching out tent at the negative ones all the time

What exactly is your point? Are you saying that the living standard in Nigeria has improved remarkably from what it was in 2000?

FYI, I did not base my views on your cia website. You need to educate and familiarise yourself with up to date World Bank reports (and country data reports), IMF reports, UNDP reports, ADB reports (this is African). There are many poverty alleviation workshops, letures and groups in Nigeria (and Africa in general). For beginners like you, familiarise yourself with the light literature from Poverty in Africa Alternative (POVINAA) before shooting off your mouth.

Years ago there was a much publicised lecture by the Enugu Governor called Poverty in Nigeria - Eroding the Dignity of Man. Even the much respected retired  Justice Chukwudifu Oputa [who had been described as the Socrates of the Supreme Court] has spoken about poverty in Nigeria and it's effects on the people. This was not any white man that was spreading propaganda, this is the reality of our country. The sooner you stop burying your head in the sand, the better as your denial does not change anything.

Regarding looking at the positive parts of Nigeria. I do talk about the good Nigerian things but to be honest, they are few and far between. I sang the praises of Chimamanda Adichie on her writing which does the country proud. I prefer to call a spade a spade and the truth is Nigeria does not have a lot going for it right now. I will not say that because I am Nigerian, I will go around defending glaring faults when these are issues that need to be identified and rectified.

Finally, I don't know when I became your mama (or anyone elses for that matter). Save your sarcasm for your people. I don't know your age, I am probably older than you but I doubt I am old emough to have an old man like you as a kid, so puh-leaze [lest you say the term was used out of "respect", save it for someone who appreciates it]. On this forum, we are all equal.
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by k0be: 2:48am On Jul 29, 2007
SMC, please don't be offended by honeric's disposition(he just dey show that naija pride). Like various others on this thread he finds it very hard to swallow Sean Combs' intrinsic comment.

[B]YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH[/B]
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by SMC(f): 2:53am On Jul 29, 2007
k0be:

SMC, please don't be offended by honeric's disposition(he just dey show that naija pride). Like various others on this thread he finds it very hard to swallow Sean Combs' intrinsic comment.

[B]YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH[/B]

My sentiments exactly k0be. If Nigerians keep denying that there is a problem, things will continue to get worse. How can you fix a problem if the people it affects keep denying its existence? undecided
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by honeric01(m): 2:55am On Jul 29, 2007
FYI, I did not base my views on your cia website. You need to educate and familiarise yourself with up to date World Bank reports (and country data reports), IMF reports, UNDP reports, ADB reports (this is African). There are many poverty alleviation workshops, letures and groups in Nigeria (and Africa in general). For beginners like you, familiarise yourself with the light literature from Poverty in Africa Alternative (POVINAA) before shooting off your mouth.

Years ago there was a much publicised lecture by the Enugu Governor called Poverty in Nigeria - Eroding the Dignity of Man. Even the much respected retired Justice Chukwudifu Oputa [who had been described as the Socrates of the Supreme Court] has spoken about poverty in Nigeria and it's effects on the people. This was not any white man that was spreading propaganda, this is the reality of our country. The sooner you stop burying your head in the sand, the better as your denial does not change anything.

Regarding looking at the positive parts of Nigeria. I do talk about the good Nigerian things but to be honest, they are few and far between. I sang the praises of Chimamanda Adichie on her writing which does the country proud. I prefer to call a spade a spade and the truth is Nigeria does not have a lot going for it right now. I will not say that because I am Nigerian, I will go around defending glaring faults when these are issues that need to be identified and rectified.

Finally, I don't know when I became your mama (or anyone elses for that matter). Save your sarcasm for your people. I don't know your age, I am probably older than you but I doubt I am old emough to have an old man like you as a kid, so puh-leaze [lest you say the term was used out of "respect", save it for someone who appreciates it]. On this forum, we are all equal.

I thought we are here not to disregard each other, i called you mama cos thats what i call women most of the time, even the ones younger than i do, but why should you sound that way towards me? well i am not here for that, whatever you like, it take, when Chukwudifu Oputa wrote that book, he wrote it based on that particular period of time, all i know is that we have improved, not necessary remarkably but we have improved,
and please how are you sure you are older than i do? another point i think you need to work on about how you think (not an offence) but please try not to insult people when you are trying to make your own point.
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by SMC(f): 3:00am On Jul 29, 2007
See me see wahala o. How have I insulted you?

I should be the one saying you insulted me but I have tried to keep this impersonal. Plus, I did not say I was definitely older than you. I said I do not know your age but I am "probably" older but that I do not think that warranted being called mama.

And I was not talking about Oputa's book but a lecture (for some reason you keep assuming things I have made no mention of).
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by honeric01(m): 3:00am On Jul 29, 2007
Insert Quote
thread he finds it very hard to swallow Sean Combs' intrinsic comment.

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH

My sentiments exactly k0be. If Nigerians keep denying that there is a problem, things will continue to get worse. How can you fix a problem if the people it affects keep denying it's existence? Undecided
Posted on: Today at 02:48:25 AM
Posted by: k0be
Insert Quote
SMC, please don't be offended by honeric's disposition(he just dey show that naija pride). Like various others on this thread he finds it very hard to swallow Sean Combs' intrinsic comment

And who says we don't have problems in Nigeria? did i say we don't have problems? why can't people Just try to answer and respond to post the way the poster put it? please don't paint or try to put words into my mouth, all i care and still want to say is that, the way we are being painted by western world is not what how we look, you take it or leave it,
and please people, no disrespecting here, i didn;t insult anyone and i want same too.
please let's respect that.
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by k0be: 3:01am On Jul 29, 2007
madamu SMC - Can't blame my people now, haba.
Elisabeth Kubler Ross gan sef told us in her 5 stages of grief (although it pertains mainly to death) that Denial is the first step to acceptance.
That's what I think is going on here.

1 - Denial
Denial is a conscious or unconscious refusal to accept facts, information, reality, etc., relating to the situation concerned. It's a defence mechanism and perfectly natural. Some people can become locked in this stage when dealing with a traumatic change that can be ignored. Death of course is not particularly easy to avoid or evade indefinitely.
2 - Anger
Anger can manifest in different ways. People dealing with emotional upset can be angry with themselves, and/or with others, especially those close to them. Knowing this helps keep detached and non-judgemental when experiencing the anger of someone who is very upset.
3 - Bargaining
Traditionally the bargaining stage for people facing death can involve attempting to bargain with whatever God the person believes in. People facing less serious trauma can bargain or seek to negotiate a compromise. For example "Can we still be friends?, " when facing a break-up. Bargaining rarely provides a sustainable solution, especially if it's a matter of life or death.
4 - Depression
Also referred to as preparatory grieving. In a way it's the dress rehearsal or the practice run for the 'aftermath' although this stage means different things depending on whom it involves. It's a sort of acceptance with emotional attachment. It's natural to feel sadness and regret, fear, uncertainty, etc. It shows that the person has at least begun to accept the reality.  
5 - Acceptance  
Again this stage definitely varies according to the person's situation, although broadly it is an indication that there is some emotional detachment and objectivity. People dying can enter this stage a long time before the people they leave behind, who must necessarily pass through their own individual stages of dealing with the grief.

http://www.businessballs.com/elisabeth_kubler_ross_five_stages_of_grief.htm
okay maybe I'm being too much of a cynic.
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by honeric01(m): 3:07am On Jul 29, 2007
Years ago there was a much publicised lecture by the Enugu Governor called Poverty in Nigeria - Eroding the Dignity of Man. Even the much respected retired Justice Chukwudifu Oputa [who had been described as the Socrates of the Supreme Court] has spoken about poverty in Nigeria and it's effects on the people. This was not any white man that was spreading propaganda, this is the reality of our country. The sooner you stop burying your head in the sand, the better as your denial does not change anything.

Did i make that up?
please let's forget it, don't want anyone to gain advantage in trying to learn words on me
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by k0be: 3:10am On Jul 29, 2007
honeric, no disrespect bros. no worry.

"Too much poverty there" and that naija is one of d poorest countries he's ever been to. phewww!"
stare very hard at those words quoted above and explain to me what is wrong with them.
Example, I might visit somewhere in vietnam tommorrow and say "too much infant prostitution there, vietnam is one of the most underdeveloped countries I've ever been to.

I was shocked. I mean people here already believe africa to be a jungle but him, sayin' that after visitin' there himself is really weird and am Kinda mad but oh well. My point is that whatever happened to all d beautiful hotels in naija? I know there are lots of them and whatever happened to d classy theaters?. I wonder where they took him to perform for him to make such a comment. The other day on a topic here, Kelly rowland was said to have also visited naija and fainted on stage due to dehydration. na which one be their problem?  I wonder if naija is worse than i thought or they just tryin' to front.It's really annoyin' to me.
look at the rest of this girl's post and tell me if her outrage is called for.
Do beautiful hotels, and classy theaters suddently wipe out poverty from a crime ridden nation?
Does the location of Sean's performance have anything to do with the things he may have come across, or seen, while in Nigeria before/after his scheduled performance?
Did Sean combs mention that the kelly rowland incident factored into his decisions to say the things he said?
She went on to add "na which one be their problem" - is kelly rowland to be blamed for fainting? is it a crime to faint as a result of dehydration?

She wonders if naija is worse than she thought, ask her if she's ever visited Nigeria to see the standard of living with her own four eyes.
lodging in sheraton hotel ur entire stay in naija no count o sista mi.
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by SMC(f): 3:13am On Jul 29, 2007
@k0be, LOL

@honeric01, don't get your knickers in a twist. Nobody has insulted you so far.
The topic is still the same i.e. P.Diddy talking about poverty in Nigeria. If that is not a problem, then I don't know what is. Take some time to read the posts before firing a reply. Nobody is here to fight with you. Like you, we are all stating our opinions. Too bad if they differ from yours.

honeric01:

Did i make that up?
please let's forget it, don't want anyone to gain advantage in trying to learn words on me

You wrote it yourself mate. The word I used is spoken. . . not written and I definitely did not mention his book. You are the one who should learn words as they have so far spoken for themselves without contradiction.
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by Mustay(m): 7:28am On Jul 29, 2007
smc is bringing politics in2 this stuff
undecided

their govt don ban them 4m comin 2 naija cos it's DANGEROUS!

every nation is bleeped up in its own way and naija is just one of em
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by MP007(m): 11:52am On Jul 29, 2007
we know that diiddy,buffy or whatever is an idiot ,
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by chiogo(f): 6:35pm On Jul 29, 2007
OMG, people on this forum never cease to amuse me. How is my post considered an outrage?
k0be:

stare very hard at those words quoted above and explain to me what is wrong with them.
Example, I might visit somewhere in vietnam tommorrow and say "too much infant prostitution there, vietnam is one of the most underdeveloped countries I've ever been to.look at the rest of this girl's post and tell me if her outrage is called for.
Do beautiful hotels, and classy theaters suddently wipe out poverty from a crime ridden nation?
Does the location of Sean's performance have anything to do with the things he may have come across, or seen, while in Nigeria before/after his scheduled performance?
Did Sean combs mention that the kelly rowland incident factored into his decisions to say the things he said?
She went on to add "na which one be their problem" - is kelly rowland to be blamed for fainting? is it a crime to faint as a result of dehydration?

She wonders if naija is worse than she thought, ask her if she's ever visited Nigeria to see the standard of living with her own four eyes.
lodging in sheraton hotel your entire stay in naija no count o sista mi.

My friend, nobody is sayin' that d beautiful hotels wipe off d fact that naija is poor. If u read/analyzed properly as you claim, you'd have seen that i did not disagree with d fact that naija is kinda"poor". It's a pity people don't usually get d issue at hand before quoting and unquoting other people. My point is why the comment was the only thin' he could talk about after his visit, meaning that his comment was out of the question because he didn't get to see any of those "poor" parts he mentioned. Like someone posted, he stayed at a nice suite.Therefore, his comment was un-called for. He was only itchin' to mention the poverty thing due to reasons best known to him. As you can see, i already know what people here think of Africa as a whole----- A jungle. The issue of poverty did not start registering in their minds today so he needed not have started the whole poverty thing. we've "heard it all". FYI, i've not only been to naija, i've lived there for several years.

I started this topic to actually know where he was lodged at and where he performed and am still not convinced as to why he made his comment because obviously, he stayed at a nice hotel. what could he have possibly come across?. Please, my dear, i happen to live in the so-called country where he comes from and i've also seen poverty with my eyes not hear-say. I also see home-less people everyday around my work-place, u can't walk without some retard askin' u for a quarter or a dollar. And is that any reason for anyone to say America is a poverty-stricken country?: No, because it's obviously not. But i believe his comment was made out of scorn. He has obviously been hearing of the so-called poverty in "AFRICA" But when he got to naija, he was a bit surprised, reason why he talked good while still there but when he got back, asked only a single question and he started rattlin' about poverty just in a bid to reassure them of the notions they already have about africa as a whole.http://naijagal..com/2007/07/oh-no-he-didnt-diddy-talks-about-his.html

It's always good to get/understand people's view in a matter before quotin' them. Thanks.
About d kelly issue, my dear, it's a free world and it's def. ok to faint. BTW, her issue was not d reason for this topic. It was just an additional case which is not so important because she didn't make any comment to my knowledge. Her case is understandable. she wasn't used to such hot weather. I hear. undecided

Enough said, Like i said, i really don't care anymore, it's really none of my problem what he thinks, just started this topic to get actual facts on how his stay was and i insist his comment was un-called for. A word is enough for the wise. Try and be one and heed.
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by k0be: 7:25pm On Jul 29, 2007
I started this topic to actually know where he was lodged at and where he performed and am still not convinced as to why he made his comment because obviously, he stayed at a nice hotel. what cld he have possibly come across.
you just don't get it do you? you're still venting your anger and continuing with the same speculations I forewarned you about.  What does staying in a nice hotel have to do with the places he possibly visited and the things he may have seen?  How are you so sure that he never saw those poor parts? Are you implying that he's arrogant and he made those comments out of jealousy and hypocrisy? I mean, come on use your head.  Aren't you in the least bit also ignorant by claiming you know what everyone in America thinks of Africa - "A jungle" as you call it. Pot calling a kettle black. Face it, you're making comments similar to Diddy's(yours may be even worse).
Moreover, there's a thin line between genius and sheer junk and you're flirting with it, how can you stoop so low as to call the homeless people asking for money "retards," I mean what are you thinking of? I guess those beggars in Nigeria are all retards as well, I pray you don't have any misfortunes in your family.
Yes, a word to the wise is enough, I can't simplify this any further for you if you still cannot make sense of it.  I haven't made any claims, I've drawn dilligent conclusions from your posts.  You're not disagreeing with the fact that naija is poor, but you're upset that Sean P. Diddy Combs didn't sugarcoat his opinions when asked about what he saw during his visit to Nigeria. Lastly, the reason I asked you about Kelly Rowland is because you asked "What's their problem" - it's quite clear to me that you have some sort of bitter taste in your mouth about Americanism.  I must commend you on your pride and patriotism though, I love it! I love it!
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by chiogo(f): 7:32pm On Jul 29, 2007
k0be:

you just don't get it do you? you're still venting your anger and continuing with the same speculations I forewarned you about.  What does staying in a nice hotel have to do with the places he possibly visited and the things he may have seen?  How are you so sure that he never saw those poor parts?  how can you stoop so low as to call the homeless people asking for money "retards," I mean what are you thinking of? I guess those beggars in Nigeria are all retards as well, I pray you don't have any misfortunes in your family.

phewwwwww! Nah, i don't think so, only those in America. tongue. Read my signature and u'd know why i called them "retards". oh, i forgot to add "in america", my bad. Thanks for d prayers 'cause am allergic to mis-fortunes. likewise my family. It's alright, stop explainin', u know it ain't goin' nowhere. Doesn't make a difference or change my mind. We all know how he (diddy) is unless u didn't know him until now. no be today. His actions are not surprisin' to me anymore. so save d posts abeg, no turn this place to a boxin' rim. undecided oh and thanks, i'll always be patriotic! u can trust me on that. abi i shld be patriotic to america when it's not my freakin' country, nah, i don't think so.
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by k0be: 7:37pm On Jul 29, 2007
chiogo:

phewwwwww! Nah, i don't think so, only those in America.
Chiogo you're better than these posts of yours, I can feel it.
tongue. Read my signature and u'd know why i called them "retards". oh, i forgot to add "in america", my bad.
Yeah, only those ones in America, abi?
I disagree with you so let's just agree to disagree on this one.

Doesn't make a difference or change my mind.
I would hope some stuffs I said rang a bell in your head.
His actions are not surprisin' to me anymore. so save d posts abeg,
so you claim, but your posts say otherwise.
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by chiogo(f): 7:55pm On Jul 29, 2007
k0be:

Chiogo you're better than these posts of yours, I can feel it.Yeah, only those ones in America, abi?
I disagree with you so let's just agree to disagree on this one.I would hope some stuffs I said rang a bell in your head. so you claim, but your posts say otherwise.

Am better alright but i don't see anythin' wrong with my posts. am just sayin' d truth. i won't tell u i was happy after hearin' that comment. c'mon, i live in d freakin' country. Like i said, they already think africa to be a jungle, take it from someone who has seen d expression on people's faces when u tell them u're from a country in africa. My friends, d people i really talk with know it's not like that in Nigeria and then this idiot goes and talks $hit about my country. what do u expect?. It's a'ight. he's ignorant and i believe it's ok to be. If the place was so poverty-stricken, why didn't he contribute a thin' or do some charity work before his return. I even heard he was paid to perform. How can poor people pay for a concert. are concerts meant for them?  that sounds weird, dear. And he took money from d poor people in d poverty-stricken country. I had a good laugh on that one. He really tried.
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by k0be: 8:02pm On Jul 29, 2007
Am better alright but i don't see anythin' wrong with my posts.
I do, but I can't pinpoint where to begin breaking it down to you. It would be a slightly slow and lengthy process.
Especially this part,
I even heard he was paid to perform. How can poor people pay for a concert. are concerts meant for them? that sounds weird, dear.
guile post.
It's like asking "how can death kill innocent people when it knows they did nothing wrong."
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by chiogo(f): 8:12pm On Jul 29, 2007
phewwww, man. Now u're soundin' complicated.
k0be:

I do, but I can't pinpoint where to begin breaking it down to you. It would be a slightly slow and lengthy process.
Especially this part, guile post.
It's like asking "how can death kill innocent people when it knows they did nothing wrong."

what's dat? ^^^. Infact, that's what i'd ask. can u break ur argument down 'cause that ^^^^ makes no sense.
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by k0be: 8:16pm On Jul 29, 2007
grin Exactly! that's why I hinted that your post about taking money from poor people is guile, trickery, and doesn't make sense. Hope you get it now, I don't need to speak with my whole mouth fregedee grin wink.
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by chiogo(f): 8:27pm On Jul 29, 2007
lol lol lol, i never said he took money from poor pple. I thought u cld read sarcasm when u see it. I meant that if d pple were so poor, how did they afford to see him perform because accordin' to folks here, pple paid to see him perform and he actually took money from those "poor" pple livin' in the "poverty-stricken contry". hope u get it now, sha.
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by skyhighher: 9:50am On Jul 30, 2007
diddy wasnt wrong, but he should've sugar coated it a liltle bit, jay z, beyonce n all didnt talk trash bou naija, hes jus a proud fool, but he wasnt wrong, ders poverty in d land,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Stealing Pants For Ritual Purposes Is Crazy – Harrysong / Actor Nonso Is Dead! / Fans Challenge Yemi Alade At #tecnoownthestage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.