Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,257 members, 7,780,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:23 PM

Michael Uchebo And Ahmed Musa(match Made In Heaven) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Michael Uchebo And Ahmed Musa(match Made In Heaven) (2486 Views)

Captain Ahmed Musa Doing A Bricklayer Job(photos) / Ahmed Musa's Wife Gives Birth To Their 2nd Child / Finidi George And Jay Jay Okocha To Train Joel Obi And Ahmed Musa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Michael Uchebo And Ahmed Musa(match Made In Heaven) by Gbenge77(m): 10:44am On May 22, 2011
Re: Michael Uchebo And Ahmed Musa(match Made In Heaven) by honeric01(m): 10:50am On May 22, 2011
Michael Uchebo & Ahmed Musa [Match made in Heaven]
Michael Uchebo and Ahmed Musa are two young Nigerian strikers who are currently playing for Dutch side VVV Venlo. Out of the two, Musa is much well known on the forums, at only a tender age of 18, Musa is already a Nigerian international, and has scored for the Super Eagles.

The reason this thread contains both Nigerian talents is because both together, are a real potent force up front, and their link up play, understanding with each other, is impeccable, and these two talents don't deserve to be separated. You may have only heard of Uchebo for the first time, so let me tell you a bit more about him,

Full name: Michael Okechukwu Uchebo
Born: 2/2/1990 (Nigeria)
Height: 6ft 7
Position: CF
DB Rating: 75

Uchebo joined Dutch side VVV at the age of 19, due to his commanding performances at the African Youth Championships, a number of other clubs, including Feyenoord were interested, but the leggy Nigerian decided to join VVV.

Uchebo suffered an injury on the first day of the 10/11 season in a game against NEC, he was taken off after 51 minutes due to a metatarsal injury, as a result, Uchebo was out for 9 matches.

After his return, as expected with metatarsal injuries, he was slowly eased back in to the first team, and has played a key part in VVV's season, notching up over 1000 minutes, 4 goals and 4 assists. VVV however are currently 2nd bottom of the Eredivise, 14 points from safety, although they are currently in the relegation play - off places, so VVV still have a chance of surviving in top flight.

Uchebo caught my eye as i was watching him play against Feyenoord last week, it was a thrilling 3 -2 win for VVV, with Uchebo, along with Musa, the catalysts behind their teams victory.

Standing at 6ft 7 inches, Uchebo is a tall, leggy striker, in the mould of Arsenal legend, Kanu. Uchebo was signed by VVV along with Emenike Alex, and Dutch site voetbal described Alex as 'a strong left footed defender', and then described Uchebo as a player 'even stronger'.

Uchebo, as expected, is a target man, but his game is much more than just holding off defenders and bringing others in to play, Uchebo likes to drop deep and come in from wide positions at times also to show off his dribbling skills, he's a very mobile player, and for his height, he has terrific acceleration.

Uchebo celebrating with the fans, and takes a moment to remember his fathers death a few day before the match against Feyenoord.

Along with Musa then, you have the perfect 'big small' partnership, at only 5ft 7 tall, Musa is a foot smaller in height, but just as good, if not better on the pitch than Uchebo. If it wasn't for an ankle injury, Musa was a certain inclusion in the Nigeria squad for the 2010 World Cup.

At only 18 years of age, extraordinarily, Musa was shortlisted by IFFHS as the World Player of the Year, each year, the best footballer in the world is selected by national team trainers and national team captains, and Nigeria put forward Chelsea player Mikel Obi, and young sensation Ahmed Musa.

Musa is very quick footballer who likes to operate in and around the penalty area, he has exceptional finishing abilites, and is equally efficient in creating chances for his teammates, a nightmare for any defender, his dribbling ability and speed are his biggest assets.

Musa has played much more than Uchebo due to Uchebo's unjury this season, with 1700 minutes to his name along with 5 goals and 5 assists, a rise to alteast a rating of 80 is on the cards, and Uchebo should reach the 78 mark.

Both these two young talents need to snapped up as soon as possible as the Eredivsie will be reviewed soon.

Here are extended highlights of the two in action against Feyenoord.

You would think that if VVV have the slightest of chances on holding on to these two great young talents, they must offer the two top level football next season, but even if VVV do manage to stay up, there will almost certainly be offers put on the table for these two young precocious talents.

|Cenk Tosun [Gaziantepspor Goal-Machine]|
Last edited by 'Legend; 05-07-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Re: Michael Uchebo And Ahmed Musa(match Made In Heaven) by DisGuy: 5:19am On May 23, 2011
Wow seeing musa for the first time on a proper pitch with proper camera angles unlike the naija league

http://www.footytube.com/video/vvv-venlo-feyenoord-may01-80812?ref=dotbe

Still not sure what i think would be best, Stay one more year or half a season more to develop and gain european experience or move to a bigger club and start earning better pay with better exposure ?

That Uchebo dude is good too very fast for a tall dude
Re: Michael Uchebo And Ahmed Musa(match Made In Heaven) by honeric01(m): 11:21am On May 23, 2011
^^^^^

He should move if there are better offers out there, i wouldn't go to a relegated side if i am really planning to gain experience.
Re: Michael Uchebo And Ahmed Musa(match Made In Heaven) by DisGuy: 11:01pm On May 23, 2011
They are not relegated yet, they still have to play for survival

better offers sometimes mean sitting on the bench getting wasted, just big money bigger tax

If they survive he should wait for the January transfer window
Re: Michael Uchebo And Ahmed Musa(match Made In Heaven) by semid4lyfe(m): 11:49pm On May 23, 2011
marutimon posted about Michael Uchebo and Ahmed Musa's performance in the VVV Venlo vs Feynoord match in the Goals From Nigerians All Over The World thread some two weeks back.

marutimon:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-505295.320.html
1/05/2011 (Sunday)

Holland Eredivisie League
VVV-Venlo - Feyenoord Rotterdam 3:2
34' Ahmed Musa (VVV Venlo) (1:0)
74' Ahmed Musa (VVV Venlo) (2:0)
84' Uchebo Okechukwu (VVV Venlo) (3:0)
The 2m tall Uchebo and high-flying Musa give a vital win to VVV. I believe their goal tally is now 5 and 7. Interestingly Uchebo assisted on both Musa goals and Musa assisted on the Uchebo goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmya73MfX_A&feature=player_embedded

I recall Michael Uchebo was part of Ladan Bosso's Rwanda 2009 AYC bronze winning team that SiaOne took over and led to the Egypt 2009 WYC. I've watched this clip and others of him and I'm not too impressed. He's an average player at best. . . .

Still, I hope VVV Venlo avoids relegation
Re: Michael Uchebo And Ahmed Musa(match Made In Heaven) by phreakabit(m): 9:23pm On May 26, 2011
This Uchebo guy would be useful over useful in the SE. I like his style of attack, very similar to Edinson Cavani and Ricky Alvarez.

(1) (Reply)

AFCON 2012: Angola Vs Sudan (2 - 2) On January 26th 2012 / Who Do You Prefer To Take Over From Keshi? / Funny Football Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.