Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

No to Mac - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No to Mac (1955 Views)

Ex-PMAN President Tee Mac Apologises To Bishop Oyedepo / Tee Mac Calls Oyedepo A Money Grabbing Fraud / Bishop David Oyedepo Is A Fraud - Musician Tee Mac (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No to Mac by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 22, 2011
smiley
Re: No to Mac by petres007(m): 6:17pm On May 22, 2011
OP, source please. wink

I've heard stuff about "papa" Hagin's U turn towards the end of his life but was told he did it not by inviting his proteges  to  Tulsa but by publishing it in a book called "The Midas Touch". Dunno if anyone here has heard about it too or has facts to share.
Re: No to Mac by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 23, 2011
Seen this book a couple of times with intention to purchase but have too 'rich' to do so.It costs about 2000naira,probably will get it in 2weeks and let you know what's up.But if anyone reads up before me will still love to hear what it says.I have been puzzled about the hundredfold returns doctrine and just naturally stopped calculation and just concluded that God would probably bless in other ways.
Re: No to Mac by Claus(m): 2:50pm On May 23, 2011
I bought the book a couple of years ago but never finished reading it. Recent topics have made me pick it up again.

He certainly condemns the unbalanced approach to prosperity that a lot of preachers now follow. He speaks against the various gimmicks that preachers use to raise money. He speaks against the way the concept of the old testament first fruits has been used by preachers to raise money even though the new testament principle of first fruit is completely different.

Generally, he just seemed concerned that preachers and church congregants alike had become too greedy and too focussed on money by doing things like "naming their seed", "giving to get", expecting a literal 100 fold return. He did some maths to show that if the 100 fold return was literal, then many Christians should be trillionaires by now.

It seems many preachers ignored this book though.
Re: No to Mac by DrJoseph: 3:23pm On Jan 14, 2012
papa hagin is right, ! I agree with most of 'em.
Re: No to Mac by Goshen360(m): 9:36pm On Jan 14, 2012
You see a lot is very wrong in the church today. Hagin himself might preach this prosperity message in the right and true motive but men of greed today in the church had corrupt this teaching. I am seriously making complete research about each subject of today's christianity and hope to come out with biblical truth, dont want to depend on Hagin's book or any MOG but the Bible. I hope to explode in coming future. Imagine a preacher here in USA bring a casket into the church without any dead inside in casket and tell people to write what they want dead in their lives/past and put inside the casket and if the people dont have such, they should sow a "seed" into their future. I believe if it take a voice to manipulate folks in the church, it will also talk a voice to bring people back to true biblical teaching.

(1) (Reply)

True Man Of God? / What Is Your Motive For Going To Church? / Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Called The Bright Morning Star

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.