Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,593 members, 7,801,695 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Do Real Men Cry? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do Real Men Cry? (7725 Views)

Cossy Orjiakor Says "Real Men Love Her…only ‘gays’ Hates Her" / Dating Tips For The Real Men / Can You Real Men See What The Women Are Saying About U? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Real Men Cry? by dablessed(f): 9:24am On Jul 01, 2005
Hi guys!

Its been said that real men don't cry! To what extent do you agree with this?

As an adult man, do you cry or have you cried before? When and what triggered off your "tears hormones"

I feel romantic men cry - can't really see the correlation between "romance" and "shedding tears"; it's just a personal opinion.

Let's hear from you.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by Vieira(m): 10:02am On Jul 01, 2005
No.

real men keep tears to an absolute minimum!
I have always liked the british idea of a stiff upper lip.
If you must cry do it in private away from public view.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by dablessed(f): 10:05am On Jul 01, 2005
Veira,

If u can do it privately, what stops you from doing it publicly?

You didnt answer some of the questions though! Have you cried before as an adult and what triggered it off?
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by Seun(m): 10:11am On Jul 01, 2005
If I decide to cry in public who's going to console me?  So when I want to cry, I cry in the relative safety of my room.

But there was a day I was shedding tears due to a kid's video they were showing in the premises of a primary school.  It brought back memories from when I was younger, and the tears started rolling out and there was nowhere for me to hide.  So I was just standing there stoically with tears running down my face.  I hope the people around thought it was an allergy or something, because they didn't ask me about it!
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by Vieira(m): 10:19am On Jul 01, 2005
dablessed:

Veira,

If you can do it privately, what stops you from doing it publicly?

You didnt answer some of the questions though! Have you cried before as an adult and what triggered it off?

I just told you that it is in my opinion unseemly for a man to cry so if he must do it, then it should be private! Why don't you pick your nose in public? crying is a personal thing and should be done privately. I detest people who cry at the slightest provocation.

I have cried twice before and both times it had to do with a near death situation with someone in my family, and I still tried and made sure no one saw me!
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by dablessed(f): 10:21am On Jul 01, 2005
Seun:

If I decide to cry in public who's going to console me?  So when I want to cry, I cry in the relative safety of my room.

But there was a day I was shedding tears due to a kid's video they were showing in the premises of a primary school.  It brought back memories from when I was younger, and the tears started rolling out and there was nowhere for me to hide.  So I was just standing there stoically with tears running down my face.  I hope the people around thought it was an allerg or something, because they didn't ask me about it!

Then, You were a minor child Seun - thats allowed.

I'm talking about crying as a full blown adult man!
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by Marshall(m): 11:39am On Jul 01, 2005
Real men do cry. I did it when my loved one died. It was a painful loss.
people were saying why should the whole marshall cry like this, I no be human being?
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by shockreaction(m): 11:50am On Jul 01, 2005
Last time I checked, every man has a heart... so there's no way a man won't get to cry at one point or the other. Heck, I cried the first time I saw Gladiator, at the end where he died. Not cry as in out loud, but tears were just running down from my eyes. It was, strange, but anyway...
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by jogego(m): 12:18pm On Jul 01, 2005
This women sef, which kain agbari question be dis? If I say I dont cry una go talk say am not sensitive; If on the other hand , I say I cry, una go say am not a real man.

Anyhow, yes, if the situation warrants, I cry but like V said, you do it in private. Only cried in public once, when a friend was being buried. I didnt even know i was crying till someone gave me tissues. She was killed in an armed robbery incident around Idi-oro.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by tayotina(f): 12:52pm On Jul 01, 2005
Marshall:

people were saying why should the whole marshall cry like this, [I]I no be human being?[/I]

It's so sad. I feel like crying too. cry cry
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by Pinky(f): 1:25pm On Jul 01, 2005
Seun:

If I decide to cry in public who's going to console me? So when I want to cry, I cry in the relative safety of my room
so now that u cry in the relative safetyof ur room, who console's u?
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by Pinky(f): 1:39pm On Jul 01, 2005
shockreaction:

I cried the first time I saw Gladiator, at the end where he died. Not cry as in out loud, but tears were just running down from my eyes. It was, strange, but anyway...
shockreaction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u aint a man if u can cry watching just gladiator
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by Pinky(f): 2:13pm On Jul 01, 2005
as a female, i used to cry at the drop of bad feelings but not anymore, i make sure i dont cry even wen the going is terrible, but damn how in the world would my man be crying..he's got to stay strong for me.. we cant both be in tears, that would be disastrous.
i once had this friend {male} who cries at the drop of a hat.. mere saying things to him on fone makes him cry, wen he changed his intentions towards me & asked me out, i declined cos i remembered all his silly crying skills amidst some other reasons..
i once saw a great man crying wen he thot he had lost  his son.... {thanx to God, he wasnt lost} so i know how it is wen men cry...
so men u are allowed to cry but not everytime[u][/u][color=Green][/color]
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by Missworld(f): 3:34pm On Jul 01, 2005
I can cry 5 times a day as a result of a bad dream, bad thought, bad feelings etc. There's nothing wrong with my man crying but I really don't want it to disturb my hearing. Anyone can cry 100 times a day around me as long as I won't hear it. Man are human and they are bound to cry both private and in public. I personally will prefer everyone to cry silently especially men, may be with a little screems here and there but not like the screems when women are crying in the Nigerian movies.

*** Beacuse I said I don't want to hear doesn't mean that I don't care.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by whizkid(f): 3:55pm On Jul 01, 2005
It's okay to cry, aint no shame in it. As a matter of fact, It is good to cry as it helps to free the tension that has built up in you. Crying does not mean that you start wailing like a little child though, this goes for both Men and Women.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by hotangel2(f): 4:12pm On Jul 01, 2005
Real men don't cry in public, but they cry.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by Seun(m): 4:16pm On Jul 01, 2005
dablessed, the situation I described above happened less than 3 months ago!
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by dablessed(f): 6:02pm On Jul 01, 2005
Seun:

dablessed, the situation I described above happened less than 3 months ago!

Ehn! It must have been a real emotional movie.

Any way! Real men should cry. The Bible says: " Jesus Wept" - and remember too that he did it in public. So if Jesus could weep - give me a reason why you shouldnt and even in public.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by c0dec(m): 6:14pm On Jul 01, 2005
Jesus is not a real man, he is a supernatural man! Real men like me never cry.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by dablessed(f): 6:35pm On Jul 01, 2005
c0dec:

Jesus is not a real man, he is a supernatural man!  Real men like me never cry.

C0dec,

I agree with you! Jesus is a supernatural man but are we not supposed to be like HIM in some ways? I dont quite agree with you that you're a real man though. No offences at all! Real men should cry!!
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by Marshall(m): 8:37pm On Jul 01, 2005
tayotina:

Marshall link=topic=673.msg8983#msg8983 date=1120214341:

people were saying why should the whole marshall cry like this, [I]I no be human being?[/I]

Tayotina,
Don't cry joo, it's all over. Crying will bring the dead back to life.
Let's do good when we are still living.
May you live longer than your forefather.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by babadudu(m): 8:53pm On Jul 01, 2005
Marshall:

tayotina link=topic=673.msg9004#msg9004 date=1120218763:

[quote author=Marshall link=topic=673.msg8983#msg8983 date=1120214341]

Tayotina,
Don't cry joo, it's all over. Crying will bring the dead back to life.
Let's do good when we are still living.
May you live longer than your forefather.
[/quote]

aaawwww, both of you are about to make me cry grin

I cried when I lost a very special person ....but I won't let anyone see me crying.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by Seun(m): 9:00pm On Jul 01, 2005
Pinky: I declined because I remembered all his silly crying skills

Well, you made a mistake. I don't know how to explain this to you, but you did.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by Vieira(m): 12:19am On Jul 02, 2005
Seun:

Pinky: I declined because I remembered all his silly crying skills

Well, you made a mistake. I don't know how to explain this to you, but you did.

is it a mistake to avoid an emotionally unstable person??
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by Seun(m): 11:24am On Jul 02, 2005
Crying is not a sign of emotional instability. Some people (most men) express their frustrations through anger because societal norms don't give them the freedom to cry. Others (most women) express the same frustration by crying, because the society encourages them to. The underlying emotion is the same.

I am more of the angry person than the cry-baby, but I am also the first to admit that cry-babies live longer. Women in all cultures live longer than men despite the fact that it's "a man's world". Ever wonder why?
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by Vieira(m): 2:52pm On Jul 02, 2005
Seun, she said the guy crys all the time at the slightest thing! does that sound normal to you?

I am talking about this particular person and not everyone.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by Pinky(f): 8:39pm On Jul 02, 2005
Seun:

Well, you made a mistake.  I don't know how to explain this to you, but you did.
seun ther's no way you can explain to me because you don't know the crying baby's gist but I stand tall today & I can proudly say..... I never made a mistake by not dating that boy.. it was 1 of  the best decisions I ever made in my life.. each time I look back, I thank GOd I dint derail.... grin

Vieira:

is it a mistake to avoid an emotionally unstable person??
vieira.. thanks a bunch, you seem to av understood  the situation better than seun..  rds...the guy is really emotionally unstable......I couldnt just picture a relationship with the baby.. am a girl, am supposed to be the baby for the man, not the man being a crying baby for me.. grin
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by dablessed(f): 8:50pm On Jul 02, 2005
In as much as it's ok for men to cry, me I no dey for cry baby stuff o rolleyes
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by olaide07(f): 3:57pm On Jul 25, 2005
Real men do cry and i have seen one.Don't ask me who the person was?
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by nike4luv(f): 9:32pm On Jul 25, 2005
crying is kinda like emotion..doesnt mean he real guy does it or not
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by snazzydawn(f): 5:35pm On Oct 30, 2005
Real men cry,my dad cried at his father's burial day when we went to the mortuary to pick his remains.Besides,OBJ cried at his wife's death,so real men do cry.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? by dablessed(f): 5:43pm On Oct 30, 2005
Oh he did? Poor uncle Segs! Its a sad thing to lose a dear one abi? Real men cry indeed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

All Ladies Pick Your Favorite Nairaland Husband! / Express Entry- Proof Of Funds For Landing / Ethiopians/eritreans/somalis Are Dark Skin Africans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.