Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea (4382 Views)

Carlo Ancelotti Appointed As Real Madrid Manager / Tribute To Drogba As He Leaves Chelsea & What's Drogba's Best Moment For You. / Didier Drogba Leaves Chelsea On A Free Transfer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea by r231(m): 8:06pm On May 22, 2011
Chelsea have parted company with manager Carlo Ancelotti, the club have confirmed.

Chelsea have sacked manager Carlo Ancelotti after he ended his second season at the club without a trophy.

He was dismissed following the 1-0 loss to Everton, as the west Londoners finished second in the Premier League.

The 51-year-old had one more year left on his contract at Stamford Bridge.

A club statement read: "This season's performances have fallen short of expectations and the club feels the time is right to make this change ahead of next season's preparations."

Speculation had been mounting that Ancelotti would be sacked following Chelsea's first season without a trophy in three years.

They missed out in the Premier League as Manchester United clinched their 19th top-flight title last week, further compounded by exits in the Champions League, FA Cup and League Cup during the season.

The Blues, who were Premier League and FA Cup holders at the start of the campaign, finished nine points behind United and only ahead of third-placed Manchester City on goal difference.

Former manager Avram Grant suffered similar treatment when Chelsea finished second in the domestic table and lost the Champions League final in 2008 on penalties.

And ambitious owner Roman Abramovich, who bankrolled an audacious £50m move for striker Fernando Torres during the January transfer window, will now start the search for a successor capable of recapturing the Premier League from Manchester United, while also guiding the club to the much-coveted Champions League trophy.

"Chelsea's long-term football objectives and ambitions remain unchanged and we will now be concentrating all our efforts on identifying a new manager," read the club statement.

Ancelotti had reiterated his ambition to remain at Chelsea, but insisted the decision was entirely down to the club's demanding hierarchy.

"I am now on holiday - but I am not sure how long my holiday will be," he said in his post-match media conference shortly before he was sacked.

"We haven't arranged any meeting but I think in the next week, now the season is finished, the club can address my job and they will take a decision.

"I have to wait and see what happens. I don't have to say anything to the club - they can judge me on my job for two years."

He signed a three-year contract in June 2009, taking over from interim boss Guus Hiddink, who had guided Chelsea to the FA Cup before returning to take charge of the Russia national team.

Ancelotti's first season in English football began in spectacular fashion, winning the Premier League and FA Cup - sealing the former with a thumping 8-0 victory against Wigan on the final day of the 2010 calendar.

But his second year in west London proved significantly more challenging as he was twice thwarted by Manchester United domestically and in the Champions League, where Chelsea suffered a quarter-final exit to Sir Alex Ferguson's team.

Ancelotti's progress was hindered when lassistant manager Ray Wilkins left the club in November after they decided not to renew his contract.

The Blues had been top of the table but the former England midfielder's departure coincided with a poor run of form, losing 3-0 to Sunderland before a 1-0 reverse against Birmingham during a six-match winless league run.

Defeats by Wolves and Liverpool followed at the start of the year before a late-season renaissance revived their title hopes.

However, a 2-1 loss to Manchester United at Old Trafford on 8 May effectively sealed Sir Alex Ferguson's 12th Premier League title.

"Last year was really good, this year was not so good," added Ancelotti.

Chelsea's attentions will now turn to finding Ancelotti's successor, their seventh manager in the eight years since Abramovich took control of the club in 2003.

Porto's highly rated Andre Villas-Boas, Hiddink and former Barcelona manager Frank Rijkaard are all in the frame.

Dutchman Hiddink, who has a close relationship with Abramovich, revealed he still has an advisory role at Stamford Bridge.

"Since I left two years ago I've been advising the club on things concerning the squad," he wrote in De Telegraaf on Saturday.

"Sometimes I become a sounding board. It costs me very little time and I can combine it well with my position with Turkey. There is no conflict at all."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13494528.stm
Re: Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea by coogar: 8:13pm On May 22, 2011
ancelotti leaves chelsea or he got sacked?

how many managers will get sacked because of fergie's winning formula - this is getting ridiculous. grin
Re: Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 22, 2011
Chelsea fan here - fooking disgrace. angry angry
Irresponsible, Abrahamovic may as well become manager
Re: Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 22, 2011
predict an exodus of players angry
Re: Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea by fredoooooo: 9:32pm On May 22, 2011
many players to follow , thanks for all the services they have rendered ,. I like him as a coach but the greatest mistake he made is his continuos playing of Torres even when hes not doing well ,  i think Roma is his next club as hes interested in coaching Roma or probably to replace del neri at Juventus ,
Who is coming in for Chelsea is the question now , THE SPECIAL ONE ?
Re: Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea by Nobody: 7:18am On May 23, 2011
[color=#006600]Hey yah what a pity for him I wish him well I think I love the man but the fault is not his
Ecclesiastes[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][/color[b]][/b]
Re: Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea by Nobody: 7:19am On May 23, 2011
donspony:
Chelsea fan here - fooking disgrace.  angry  angry
Irresponsible, Abrahamovic may as well become manager

Exactly. Abrahamovic gave him a foreign piece to puzzle and never figured out the winning formula. He spent more time trying to validate the millions he spent on an already out-of-form Torres rather than chasing titles. I wish Ancelotti the best of luck. I was seriously feeling for the guy.
Re: Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea by anishe(m): 7:33am On May 23, 2011
Ancellotti deserves what he got. How on earth could you dispose off 6 players (Ballack, Joe Cole, Belletti, Carvalho, Deco, not sure if the 6th name) at the beginning of the season without getting adequate replacement for them. Besides, the sack of Ray Wilkins left so much to question about his competency. He is just not used to English football or has a shallow knowledge of the premiership.
Abrahamovic should now get us a competent and world class coach that really understands what it takes to win trophies. Some players should also be shown the exit door. Players like Lampard, Ferrera, Bosingwa, Kalou, Drogba etc.
Re: Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea by OAM4J: 7:34am On May 23, 2011
whao!
Re: Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea by 190: 7:42am On May 23, 2011
Everyone knows me on the Chelsea forum that I am a staunch supporter of stability. However wit regards to Carllotti, especially in the last few months, this decision has become inevitable and one of the best decisions the board has made in a long while.

Among the many fails of Carllotti are:- He not a tactician. He is unable to vary game play for specific match purposes, he is not a motivator, never takes risks, unable to manage a crop of players - not knowing his best 11 and not a believer in youth.

Next season is going to be one of the most challenging seasons ever in the history of the PL. With 7 teams all strong enough to qualify for the top 4, we have to hit the ground running. Waiting to see if things change is risky, we already know how bad they can be. Until Roman went out and splashed the cash, it was relegation form. Even Wolves had more points in the same period than Chelsea. No manager should watch his team collapse like that.

Carllotti has done the best he can.

We need a younger manager. Someone who understands tactics, a motivator, someone who change a game and unafraid to make changes. We need a manager who has the balls to sit Lamps and Drogba when it is needed and field them at the exact time it is needed.

Farewell Ancellotti and thanks for the lovely times you brought to the club. First Manager in our history to win the double.
Thanks. (Nateeve's, 2011 )
Re: Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea by switch47(m): 7:53am On May 23, 2011
190:

Everyone knows me on the Chelsea forum that I am a staunch supporter of stability. However wit regards to Carllotti, especially in the last few months, this decision has become inevitable and one of the best decisions the board has made in a long while.

Among the many fails of Carllotti are:- He not a tactician. He is unable to vary game play for specific match purposes, he is not a motivator, never takes risks, unable to manage a crop of players - not knowing his best 11 and not a believer in youth.

Next season is going to be one of the most challenging seasons ever in the history of the PL. With 7 teams all strong enough to qualify for the top 4, we have to hit the ground running. Waiting to see if things change is risky, we already know how bad they can be. Until Roman went out and splashed the cash, it was relegation form. Even Wolves had more points in the same period than Chelsea. No manager should watch his team collapse like that.

We need a younger manager. Someone who understands tactics, a motivator, someone who change a game and unafraid to make changes. We need a manager who has the balls to sit Lamps and Drogba when it is needed and field them at the exact time it is needed.

Farewell Ancellotti and thanks for the lovely times you brought to the club. First Manager in our history to win the double.

i talk am!! yes---i said it. chelsea fan- all he could offer is " Up chelsea" !! now he is quoting another chelsea fan verbatim for lack of something better to say. grin
Re: Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea by Sike(m): 8:07am On May 23, 2011
switch47:

i talk am!! yes---i said it. chelsea fan- all he could offer is " Up chelsea" !! now he is quoting another chelsea fan verbatim for lack of something better to say. grin
Wot more could he say? Uhm?? Mtcheww!
Re: Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea by omo9ja1(m): 8:23am On May 23, 2011
Ancelotti was the same coach than won you guys double last session, now name calling you guys need to run that club with consistence every now and then coach fire,sack or parted company na wa o0o0o0

make Owner become coach then rubbish club, they just spoil people's his profile,

who is the next that want his profile rubbish?
Re: Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea by Isapro1(m): 8:30am On May 23, 2011
I do not like the Ideal of changing Carlo , But the Board has made a decision.So i would like The Board to bring in Andres Villas-Boas from Porto FC
Re: Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea by kemmy100: 8:31am On May 23, 2011
Carlo Ancelotti is sacked as Chelsea manager  
Chelsea have sacked manager Carlo Ancelotti after he ended his second season at the club without a trophy.
He was dismissed following the 1-0 loss to Everton, as the west Londoners finished second in the Premier League.
read more on: http://www.naijavote.com/view/531
Re: Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea by Skii(m): 8:33am On May 23, 2011
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/soccernet/%2fdesign05%2fimages%2f2011%2f0522%2fmanutdceleb20110522_800x450.jpg&w=576&h=324

doesnt this just fit around the trophy,

grin grin grin grin
Re: Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea by 190: 9:19am On May 23, 2011
switch47:

Hill billy Goat

Dont u have any grass to chew this morning!! angry
Re: Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea by fxtopedia(m): 9:38am On May 23, 2011
Bad owner, I love Chelsea Not this yeye drop out
Re: Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea by MMM2(m): 9:42am On May 23, 2011
maybe i will be dere next coach.
Re: Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea by kemmy100: 9:48am On May 23, 2011
Carlo Ancelotti is sacked as Chelsea manager
read more on: http://www.naijavote.com/view/531
Re: Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea by Wadosky(m): 9:49am On May 23, 2011
[color=#000099][/color]
i welcome this news,as a chelsea fan,i expect more axing  τ̅☺ be done.some players  vε̲̣̣̣̥ been a bad influence on the team and it was CA fault that he continued playing those players that already knew their time ǃș up.they were playing without passion and common,their spirit has been low.now we need a coach that can shout on these players in english,carlos poor communication in english was another factor that caused the teams poor performance.we need fresh players and a manager with fresh ideas.we just  vε̲̣̣̣̥  τ̅☺ appreciate our old and done players,saying a big thank you before saying good bye  τ̅☺ them.
Re: Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea by mrofficial(m): 10:09am On May 23, 2011
switch47:

Were you not the one that said Chelsea would finish 5th? Abeg go sit down.
Re: Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea by mrofficial(m): 10:13am On May 23, 2011
Drew against Newcastle @ home. Imagine, we couldn't win 10-man Everton, having red-carded from first half.
Re: Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea by sammhi(m): 10:17am On May 23, 2011
well, he won the double . but chelsea need a complete change and you dont do that with Carlo stil sitting as the manager. Carlo is not a tactitian. very poor indeed maybe due to language barrier.  but we chelsea fan love it. we want a manager with steel and tactics
Re: Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea by mithel(m): 10:59am On May 23, 2011
Very good decision,the guy had run out of tactical ideas.he had never actually convinced me of his tactical nous.

I dont want any porto coach,i only want Guus Hidddink and no other person.
Re: Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea by chagga(m): 11:00am On May 23, 2011
190:

WELL SAID!
Re: Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea by danarchy(m): 11:10am On May 23, 2011
COME TO THINK OF IT, IF NO COACH AGREES TO MANAGE CHELSEA, OUR EMENALO BY VIRTURE OF FIRST ASST. COACH AUTOMATICALLY BECOMES THE NEXT CHELSEA COACH, 1ST AFRICAN FOR A TOP EUROPEAN CLUB
Re: Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea by mikuz(m): 11:19am On May 23, 2011
He got a double his first season,
and the CFC management are
getting rid of him after picking
him up in 2009. This is just
going to frustrate the fans and
the players. Chelsea needs a
foundation they have some key
players on the verge of
retirement and switching
managers is not going to make
things easier. second place in
the most competitive league in
the world is not terrible.
Re: Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea by Nobody: 11:28am On May 23, 2011
The rate Chelsea switches managers is so Unfortunate.
Re: Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea by chelseabmw(m): 11:40am On May 23, 2011
We need a coach who is not scared of players
Re: Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea by r231(m): 11:43am On May 23, 2011
chelseabmw:

We need a coach who is not scared of players

so are you saying Carlo is scared of his players
Re: Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea by nwaafo1: 11:56am On May 23, 2011
Ancelotti: I would take Westham job. hahahahasmiley
from managing the champions to the relegated. No club kills one's career faster and better than Chelski

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UEFA Champions League Is On: Discuss! / Aston Villa Captain Stiliyan Petrov Diagnosed With Acute Leukaemia / The Europa League Results Of All Matches Played Yestaerday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.