Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,700 members, 7,802,073 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? (29258 Views)

6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married / Ladies, Your Man Slapped You During Courtship: Will You Go On? / Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by Tioluwa(f): 2:19pm On Jul 20, 2007
What are some of the issues you discussed when you were in courtship or now you are in courtship or when you think you will be in courtship?

2 Likes

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by spoilt(f): 4:49am On Jul 21, 2007
finances definitely. how to share money and bills

35 Likes

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by cuteass1(f): 2:10am On Nov 02, 2007
When i hear that question, its only natural for me to think that whatever is to be discussed should be something that could make you regret getting married to this person, something that could have made you change your mind on spending the rest of your life with this person

With that said, here are some things i can think of:

Values
Family (kids,?)
Religion?
Future plans
Past life
spoilt:

. . . and the list is endless!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by Islander(f): 2:12am On Nov 02, 2007
Finance is indeed top priority for me.  I will need to ensure that the person I marry is financially able to take care of himself first before I attempt to proceed. Next will be his past ( criminal records etc). Education, religion, interests, medical and all the other little things that I think I should know,

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by opokonwa(m): 8:19am On Nov 02, 2007
@poster

Are you in courtship?

Discuss anything that will make you get to know the man better. there are no 'hard and fast rules'.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by hollandis(f): 10:03am On Nov 02, 2007
discuss how u guys can fling with other partners sorry i am just being naughty today
Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 18, 2017
Good old days of nairaland.

These are beautiful topics from back in the days. Seun, Lalasticlala, mynd44 you guys should consider pushing some of this to front page.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by Papiikush: 2:11pm On Jun 18, 2017
shocked

1 Like

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by Addicted2Women: 10:51pm On Jun 18, 2017
Hy
Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by soberdrunk(m): 10:51pm On Jun 18, 2017
This is why "divorce" is so high nowadays, people have turned "relationships" to 'social project' where you scrutinize, analyze, strategize, some even have "requirements" and "qualifications' as if you are applying for a job. I am not saying there is anything wrong in looking out for certain traits in your partner but when you put 'requirements' before love it wont end well, a lot of ladies have pushed aside the guys they truly love for the guy the fits the profile of the 'ideal guy' and they finally end up in unhappy homes. To answer your question, no matter how much or how long you discuss issues during courtship, new issues and new challenges will always come up, the major issue you should be worried about is whether you are at least "95%" certain deep down that you are 'absolutely' in love with your partner not just 'physically' but spiritually, psychologically, emotionally, intellectually and any other 'ly' that will last 'forever'(or at least the next 30-50 years because the life expectancy in Nigeria is now50-60 ish), if you are certain about this then any other issue or challenge, no matter how big will be a 'piece of cake'......... angry

128 Likes 17 Shares

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by Addicted2Women: 10:51pm On Jun 18, 2017
spoilt:

Finances ??

You guys are not yet married but you want to know how much he makes, wow

I'm not saying you're a gold digger but i know you can't a broke guy

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by auntysimbiat(f): 10:52pm On Jun 18, 2017
WATCH : Things A Woman Should Know And Master During Courtship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pjwCJFqHW0

2 Likes

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by Guyman02: 10:52pm On Jun 18, 2017
This is a very serious matter, one major cause of crisis in many young marriages today is *Financial Management*.
Marriage counselors and intending couples should engage the services of financial experts during courtship for professional advice.

Intending couples who are in courtship should be advised not only about how to love each other but more importantly on how to deal with their finance during the time of boom and how to quickly readjust if there is a downturn in the family income to avoid suspicion by one partner and accusations of spending on frivolities which are sometimes non existent and leads to conflicts as tempers flair because the man is no longer meeting up with his responsibilities.

The intending couple needs to know their roles in the family when it comes to finance apart from loving themselves.
If both parties are employed how is the rent, school fees, to be paid, how much is budgeted for upkeep, food, provision, light bill, Water rate, maintenance of vehicles, staff or nanny stipend etc?

How much is to be spent on dependents such as parents, siblings, relations.
How much is to be spent to help the Church or mosque in propagating the faith and what sum goes for charity.

What are the investment plans and how much is to be saved for the rainy day?
Is there need for a joint account and how is it to be built up?
Will the family take up insurance and how is it to be applied?
Can they take a loan for what and how will it be repaid?

If properties are acquired how will it be registered and in whose name(s)?

What are the cost cutting measures that should be applied in the home so that one party does not consume one tin of milk alone while the other goes to bed with bitterness in heart.

These are few financial questions that needs consideration especially for couples who are in serious courtship.
Love can fade but what will keep the union going is how they agreed to handle their issues and it's better done before tying the knuptial knots.

Cheating in relationships is not only about sleeping outside but also when one party is not open about his/her finances or exploits the other by putting extra financial burden that should have been shared in unison.

42 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by NwaAmaikpe: 10:52pm On Jun 18, 2017
shocked

Please learn from my mistake...

I regret not discussing anal and oral during courtship.

Now the only time something wet touches my Dogo is when I am bathing with foam sponge.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by Thosene(f): 10:53pm On Jun 18, 2017
what are your plans for the future?

9 Likes

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by ALAYORMII: 10:53pm On Jun 18, 2017
How many dicks have you climbed??

Or

How many pussie.s have you gotten down from??
Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by Slai1: 10:53pm On Jun 18, 2017
Marriage marriage marriage
Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jun 18, 2017
Political party to support

1 Like

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by oshe11: 10:55pm On Jun 18, 2017
wud u giv bj or head?
hw many mins n rounds cn u last
cn u doggie
wud u bend for like rubber
is ur pussea tight

1 Like

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by NwaAmaikpe: 10:55pm On Jun 18, 2017
Templerun95:
I date one smelly and stinky Igbo gal
My mama warn not to marry any girl from Evans tribe
I don't knw why
Is that tribe full of criminals cry cry
angry

Your mom is one of the few wise women left in your place.

She gave you that advise because your family can never afford the transport fare to the East let alone the marriage list.

I'd advice you to impregnate an Agege bread seller and leave Igbo women for the more fortunate.

88 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by lokito: 10:57pm On Jun 18, 2017
Wtf!!! Since 2007??

1 Like

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by edunaking: 10:57pm On Jun 18, 2017
Were is d op now,throw back sunday
Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 18, 2017
Religion, sex, number of children, finances, jobs/career, in fact every thing "discussable"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by Tenim47(m): 10:58pm On Jun 18, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Please learn from my mistake...

I regret not discussing anal and oral during courtship.

Now the only time something wet touches my Dogo is when I am bathing with foam sponge.
SMH
Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by MissRaine69(f): 10:58pm On Jun 18, 2017
Ambitions , goals and aspirations
Finances
Sex- fetishes , perversions wants and needs best to know about this at this stage.
Boundaries
Family
Religion

2 Likes

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by iweecureyou: 10:59pm On Jun 18, 2017
Tioluwa:
What are some of the issues you discussed when you were in courtship or now you are in courtship or when you think you will be in courtship?
Sean diss one o wars ya bisinerss wif cournsheep eh pliss pise somsin realsonabu.
Shakes Myn Heard angry

1 Like

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by Odunharry(m): 10:59pm On Jun 18, 2017
Finance ,Roles of each partner, Habit, things you dislike and like, Spiritually, Sex etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 18, 2017
Love making is very paramount. Please disregard anybody saying sex isn't that important. We enjoy sex as much as you guys do( if not more ) but we only don't kiss and tell as you guys do.
Finances do also matter but as long as both parties are doing something everything should be fine.

I can't imagine myself being married to a man that won't touch me at least once a week

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by WORLDPEACE(m): 11:00pm On Jun 18, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

angry
How do we take care of our parents and siblings? Are they allowed to stay with us under any circumstances?

2 Likes

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by stagger: 11:01pm On Jun 18, 2017
Addicted2Women:

Finances ??

You guys are not yet married but you want to know how much he makes, wow

I'm not saying you're a gold digger but i know you can't a broke guy

If Evans wife had asked that question, she would have known how to correlate his earnings with the jeeps they had and the N20m he gave her for "house renovation". It is a very pertinent question.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can I Avoid Having A Girlfriend? / "You Want Mr. Right When You Are Miss. Wrong " / Beautiful Pre-wedding Photo Shots Of Two Nairaladers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.