Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,873 members, 7,806,494 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! (79342 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by ritchboy(m): 3:56pm On Jun 08, 2011
Due to his age and lack of time on his contract, Spurs could get their man for as little as £10million.

"As little as" £10million for a 33 year old coming off an abysmal season with 12 months left on his contract? I dey grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 9:08pm On Jun 08, 2011
lalaboi:

Right now i refuse to believe any transfers linked to Chelsea. . . . No player in his right senses would sign for a club with no Manager. . . How is he sure the next manager really wants him

You really think the manager's still unknown? The manager was probably manager months ago.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 4:22pm On Jun 09, 2011
Can someone please tell RA to cop Dusan Tadic?

Its not often you see a midfielder combine vision and composure with strong running ability.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by lalaboi(m): 1:14am On Jun 10, 2011
nateevs:

You really think the manager's still unknown? The manager was probably manager months ago.

Why is it so hard to get him working then?

Ashley Young to United. . . E go pain me if we end up with almost the same team next term. UTD won the premier league and they have spent 55Million already!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by tayoast(m): 1:29am On Jun 10, 2011
lalaboi:

Why is it so hard to get him working then?

Ashley Young to United. . . E go pain me if we end up with almost the same team next term. UTD won the premier league and they have spent 55Million already!

seriously?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by lalaboi(m): 1:35am On Jun 10, 2011
Na inside cave you dey? lol

David De Gae
Phill Jones
Ashley Young

1 current England International
1 Future England international
1 Highly rated Spanish Future International. .

I just hope we dont settle for left over when the new man comes. If we spend bloody 40mil on Neymar, i'll quit watching footy!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by tayoast(m): 1:41am On Jun 10, 2011
angry angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 2:02pm On Jun 10, 2011
tayo_ast:

seriously?

Bros, plenty don dey happen. Where you bin dey?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 2:10pm On Jun 10, 2011
lalaboi:

Na inside cave you dey? lol

David De Gae
Phill Jones
Ashley Young

1 current England International
1 Future England international
1 Highly rated Spanish Future International. . 

I just hope we dont settle for left over when the new man comes.  If we spend bloody 40mil on Neymar, i'll quit watching footy!

I am also a little unsettled about the silence. However, that's not to say the manager has not been working.
The press kept linking all managers to the Aston Villa. From Carllotti to Hughes and Martin Jol.

Yesterday the Chairman of Wigan was on Talksport confirming that Aston Villa had asked for permission to speak to Roberto Martinez 9 days before yesterday. Imagine all that while the media kept on linking every jobless manager under the sun with the Villa job.

My point is because the club has not released a statement does not mean work is not being done behind the scenes. I agree it could be quicker, our targets are different from Utd's. And if we are to go with the rumours, we may be seeing

Neymar, Sneijder, Van Der Weil, Lukaku and De Bryune. That's a a decent transfer window if we could secure those.

Unlike you though, if Chelsea buy Neymar for 40m, I am buying tickets to go see him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 10, 2011
Neymar for 40mill?
Which Neymar? The effiminate chap?

I hope foolishness is not becoming a norm at the Bridge.
We're yet to come to terms with Torres' fee.

The chap is skillful but not worth more than 15mil IMO
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 5:31pm On Jun 10, 2011
BlueDiva:

Neymar for 40mill?
Which Neymar? The effiminate chap?

I hope foolishness is not becoming a norm at the Bridge.
We're yet to come to terms with Torres' fee.

The chap is skillful but not worth more than 15mil IMO

While I am not saying we should possibly buy him for that much, you on the other hand are not suggesting he is not worth that solely becos he is "effeminate" are you?

How do you come to the conclusion he is not worth more than 15m by the way?

His buy out clause 45m Euros. (How they reach that I don't know) He 's 55% owned by Santos and 45% owned by private investors. This is what happens with players that are owned by private investors. Ditto Ramires and Tevez.

He renewed his contract last year by signing for 4 more years. Last time I heard, he was on 40,000 a week even at Santos.
He is the most promising Brazilian in the world now. He's been called up to the National team. He's score 3 goals in 5 apps. His stats for Santos, 66 goals in 134 apps. And a number of assists I cannot draw up now. And he is only 19 for heaven's sake. Not saying he is the best thing since slice bread but this is the sorta player who goes on and becomes a world beater and we start chasing around for 60m. I am willing to stick my neck and say he will become world's best someday.

I cannot substantiate this but I was reading through an online magazine that rated Neymar as the third world's most marketable footballer behind Ronaldo and Messi.

Surely the dude has to be worth more 15m.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by ritchboy(m): 6:59pm On Jun 10, 2011
Neymar = Robinho 2.0
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 7:00pm On Jun 10, 2011
ritchboy:

Neymar = Robinho 2.0

In your mind. I'd rather spend 30m on Neymar than 20m on Jordan Henderson.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jun 10, 2011
@nateevs,
I've watched Neymar play and he is skillful.

He is too lightweight to play in our team especially with our 'power' style of play.
Trust me, Neymar will most likely flop at Chelsea.

Perhaps he will thrive in Spain and is worth that much.
My point is he ain't worth 40 to us.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 8:25pm On Jun 10, 2011
BlueDiva:

@nateevs,
I've watched Neymar play and he is skillful.

He is too lightweight to play in our team especially with our 'power' style of play.
Trust me, Neymar will most likely flop at Chelsea.

Perhaps he will thrive in Spain and is worth that much.
My point is he ain't worth 40 to us.

Aw do you mean he is too light weight to play in our team?
We are not the ones to kick him. Why would he flop?
There's nothing to suggest he will flop as at today.
Like I said sometime ago, the PL's physicality is overrated.
Players with skill have come and proven time and again that they will cut it.

If what we hear is true, we are moving away from all that energy and no skill football.
We are moving to a more delightful way of playing, hence the recent links with players like Neymar, Pastore, Montolivo, Sanchez, Sneijder, De Bryune, Lukaku, Van Der Weil. If not, we will be looking for Essiens all over the globe and be looking to get JM back or Sam Allardyce.

I seem to be the only one on here who supports this transfer.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 10, 2011
Ok nateevs, u really seem to believe in the kid.
But please don't tell me we should even consider that amount.

What's the latest on our manager?
I'm beginning to hear too many names,
Rijkaard, Van Basten, J. Leow (the German dude) etc
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by ritchboy(m): 12:06am On Jun 11, 2011
nateevs:

In your mind. I'd rather spend 30m on Neymar than 20m on Jordan Henderson.

I'd rather pay 50 naira for pure water than 20 naira for sh[i]i[/i]t. . . That doesn't mean pure water is worth more than 5 naira or sh[i]i[/i]t should be sold to begin with. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 1:00am On Jun 11, 2011
ritchboy:

I'd rather pay 50 naira for pure water than 20 naira for sh[i]i[/i]t. . . That doesn't mean pure water is worth more than 5 naira or sh[i]i[/i]t should be sold to begin with. cheesy

How can you know pure water from shi.t? You are Arsenal fan.
What do you know about players worth over 5m?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 1:07am On Jun 11, 2011
BlueDiva:

Ok nateevs, u really seem to believe in the kid.
But please don't tell me we should even consider that amount.

What's the latest on our manager?
I'm beginning to hear too many names,
Rijkaard, Van Basten, J. Leow (the German dude) etc

Diva, I will be embarrassed as well if we spend 41m on the dude.
I am very sure the club is not going to cave in to their demands.

Negotiations are on and I believe that after the Copa Libertadores, a more reasonable price will be reached.
If we are to break the monopoly of Barca, you need players that can dagbose like Messi.
Neymar can dagbose.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by ritchboy(m): 9:15am On Jun 11, 2011
nateevs:

How can you know pure water from shi.t? You are Arsenal fan.
What do you know about players worth over 5m?

And you are a chav, you don't know anything about, well, anything.

You probably need a map, a compass, and a pair of binoculars to locate your arse.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 5:11pm On Jun 11, 2011
ritchboy:

You probably need a map, a compass, and a pair of binoculars to locate your arse.

Of course I do. We chavs always needed a compass to find everything.
Guess what we found while we were loitering ? Trophies!!! Loads of them!

What did you find?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 5:18pm On Jun 11, 2011
nateevs:

What did you find?

gnashing of teeth @ north london. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by ritchboy(m): 5:37pm On Jun 11, 2011
nateevs:

What did you find?

See this migrated knob-jockey. . . Last time i checked Arsenal have 13 titles to Chelsea's 4, olodo rapata! cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 11, 2011
nateevs:

What did you find?

Wow. . .
Didn't know nateevs had it in him
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dayokanu(m): 8:20pm On Jun 11, 2011
ritchboy:

WHy are GAYYners fixated about Arse?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 9:27pm On Jun 11, 2011
Did someone say £40m is the asking price for Neymar?

Ninja please!!!

Meanwhile can someone tell me when we gonna sell some strikers? Its looking like OVERLOAD in the striking department. Is anyone willing to bid even £20m for Torres?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 7:39am On Jun 12, 2011
Why would you want to sell Torres?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 8:57am On Jun 12, 2011
Why not?

When someone is a disaster, its best to just cut your losses early. People laughed when Fergie sold Veron for £13m after buying him for £28m, but it was Chelsea who had to face the financial burden of carrying a dud through to the end of his contract. Likewise Shevchenko who we coulda sold for £8m a year after his purchase.

Torres hasn't done anything for 2 years and I say the probability of him finding his mojo back is slim.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by biodun70(m): 6:40pm On Jun 12, 2011
My fellow true Blues. The Fernando case is a big headache. He is as useless as a bucket on the Titanic grin. Indeed, I was so frustrated that I posted this Note on my FB profile earlier on in the season.

Fernando who?
by Abiodun Bale on Thursday, 14 April 2011 at 10:17 (On Facebook- Notes)

Fernando Torres's multimillion pound move- from Liverpool to Chelsea-is gradually becoming the stuff of nightmares!
11 games, 693 minutes of football, no goals-simply no bueno. That's Spanish for not good.

One wonders when this barren run will end. He has contributed nothing to a Chelsea attack line- which is as potent as a popgun this season- and he is gradually turning into one of the biggest big-money transfer flops in football history.

Even a certain Wayne Rooney's contribution to his team was priceless when he had a personal goal drought. You can't say the same about Mr Torres. What is even more galling is his body language-his attitude is as endearing as the Ebola virus! angry

After the Shevchenko debacle one would've thought that Chelsea learnt a lesson or two about buying players; obviously not! :-( . Torres's purchase is becoming as meaningless and useless as tits on a bull! smiley).

Perhaps these are the rantings of a very frustrated Blue fan,perhaps poor Fernando just happens to be scapegoat in a season which is largely forgettable for Chelsea, perhaps Man U. will have a spectacular collapse in the twilight part of the league and my team will emerge champion (this outcome is as likely as seeing Obesere rap in DJ Jimmy's Jumpoff! grin).

Now I know how Arsenal fans must feel all these years-ending a season trophy-less grin

All I ask from Mr Torres is for him to: roll up his sleeves, go out there and kick some butt!!. That's watz up amigo!
Otherwise when your name is mentioned, football afficionados would ask: Fernando who? -End

Alas, nothing changed except for a miserable solitary goal sad

Quiz-if Torres costs £50 million, how much is Messi worth? grin

Conclusion- Torres was a waste of money, the only winner in this is Liverpool cry. Solution-Cut your losses, sell him or loan him out for next season
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 9:11pm On Jun 12, 2011
Torres was personally responsible for torpedoeing Roy Hodgsons career at Liverpool, and part responsible for the poor season which got Benitez the sack.

He's already bringing his uselessness to Chelsea. Like the esteemed poster above me has said, he brings absolutely nothing to the table apart from goals. When he is not scoring, he is -1.

As far as am concerned the dude is finished. I always give ninjas two seasons. Once you flop for 2 seasons straight, I don't consider it a loss of form, but a permanent thingie.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 1:07am On Jun 13, 2011
Buncha fickle fans. Torres despite his outrageous 50m move is one of the best strikers to grace the earth. He's had one bad season. Just one. He didn't price himself at 50m. Roman was stupi.d to buy him at that amount. Especially when it was clear for the world to see it was his worst season ever.

However, saying he offers nothing is bs at best. It's like comments coming from people who don't watch Chelsea games. He hasn't brought the goals but if he did, would anyone be complaining he doesn't offer anything?

It's complaining about the wrong things. Dude has had just barely 5 Months in a blue shirt. He played in a partnership with Drogba, the most ineffective strike team ever, and when he's played on his own, Carlotti never deployed the wide men as wingers. True he had many chances he could have converted with his eyes closed, the reality however is that, he switches styles, friends, manager, tactics, style of play, mid-way through the season and anyone expecting him to hit the ground running is deceitful. Not even our beloved Drogba did. Veron and Sheva came from different leagues. Torres has played in the league and knows what it takes.

Taking into account that he walked into a Chelsea side that was losing games all over and had it's worst run to a PL campaign for 10 years, it's no wonder the disease spread.

My point is, cut this pointless criticism, lock it up somewhere until the end of next season. Until then, let's see how they promised to build the team around Torres. The next manager should watch hours of tape of how Torres succeeded at Liverpool and try to infuse that into the overall supposed new playing style.

Until then, just have some flipping patience.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by tayoast(m): 12:52pm On Jun 13, 2011
nateevs:

Diva, I will be embarrassed as well if we spend 41m on the dude.
I am very sure the club is not going to cave in to their demands.

Negotiations are on and I believe that after the Copa Libertadores, a more reasonable price will be reached.
If we are to break the monopoly of Barca, you need players that can dagbose like Messi.
Neymar can dagbose.

What lang is that?

Yoruba for lone tree in d bush?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th September 2016 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2016/2017 / Bayern Munich Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.