Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! (79361 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by chamotex(m): 8:43pm On Jun 20, 2011
If he doesn't deliver, he will also be sacked . . . simple!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by switch47(m): 2:35am On Jun 21, 2011
Sacked as usual------sick team i cant wait . the next sack letter awaits after next season. DOOM!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by 190: 9:20am On Jun 21, 2011
^goat undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 12:37pm On Jun 21, 2011
nateevs:

Will he have a mountain to climb? Absolutely. How does he deal with the egos? I have no idea.
We have to give him a chance. However, if it all works out, it could be bliss!.

i am willing to bet he won't survive a season in the premier league. villas-boas is an excellent manager but asking him to swim with the sharks in the premier league at this stage is premature. he won't succeed like mourinho because of one single fact - mourinho was given the resources to revamp the squad in the way he wanted. what is villa-boas going to do to the cache of old armoury already in chelsea? sell them and get new ones or he'll just continue to walk with the old dogs?

then there's the issue of the media pressure attached to managing a club like chelsea. . . .the role was bread and butter for jose mourinho. it was something he craved even before coming to england. is villas-boas that kind of man? will he act normal when skysports journalists stick their mics in his face after a bad loss? will he cope or sink under pressure like scolari did? these are the issues. chelsea will ruin this charismatic excellent manager cos if he fails to succeed, his stock will sink and it will be damn too unfortunate.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Nwaokike(f): 1:14pm On Jun 21, 2011
kiss kiss Love AVB already. Just pray RA lets him talk to us fans b4 giving him the sack if he fails to deliver lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by codeb(m): 2:53pm On Jun 21, 2011
He speaks good english and that is a plus, hopefully the board will provide him with funds to bring in players. Villas-Boas will definitely succeed.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by debosky(m): 6:02pm On Jun 21, 2011
codeb:

He speaks good english and that is a plus, hopefully the board will provide him with funds to bring in players. Villas-Boas will definitely succeed.

Are you saying Carlo didn't speak good English? grin grin

He'll crash and burn. . . .unless Roman is willing to give him more than one or two seasons.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 6:07pm On Jun 21, 2011
debosky:

Are you saying Carlo didn't speak good English? grin grin

He'll crash and burn. . . .unless Roman is willing to give him more than one or two seasons.

and lots of £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 8:08pm On Jun 21, 2011
Naysayers like Debosky and Sharon will come back saying "we knew he was brilliant, we were only speculating". I am bookmarking this page as I speak.

Abramovic triggers a manager's buy-out-clause of 15m (the most expensive in living memory) and you think he will tell him, "Dude all the money for transfer went into bringing you here".

You think AVB (and I like that by the way) will leave Porto where he is adored, loved by the fans and players and take a risk with a big job without having a guarantee of certain transfer targets to help with his goal.

Chamotex believes if he doesn't deliver, he will be sacked. What in your definition is "deliver"?

Dude will have poo loads of money to spend (not that I like that). And average managers like Avram Grant have proven that you may need a great deal of tactical input to finish in the top four. Let alone someone who has worked with a core of the players, worked in the league, knows the league and scouted opposition teams and managers  for several years. Plus someone who is tactically sound, young, fresh and plays good football.

Goodness, he knows the already how Wenger and Fergie play even before he signed.

He already knows what makes Lampard tick, Drogba, Terry, Cech, Mikel, Essien. He does not need to watch a back log of tapes to know how they play, he knows that already. He watched and "obviously" learnt how Jose motivated them. He saw things he may not like to replicate e.g Boring, negative football. He also saw things he knows will work. He already knows what system the players like. He already knows the strengths and weaknesses of a chunk of the players.

While he may not hit the ground running, there is nothing to suggest that he will be fired if he doesn't. *Please bear in mind that by hit the ground running, I mean winning a trophy* Top four finish will definitely guarantee him a job for another year while he builds on his experience.

No one knows what Roman is thinking. Maybe for once, he is thinking long term. So for stpuid statements like "He'll crash and burn", "I'm willing to bet he won't last a season in the PL", I say keep watching while another dude walks in and steals the show. . . Again!.

Brilliant Managers are already wary of how he could exploit what he knows. These arm-chair analysts are already predicting doom.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 9:05pm On Jun 21, 2011
nateevs:

Naysayers like Debosky and Sharon will come back saying "we knew he was brilliant, we were only speculating". I am bookmarking this page as I speak.

Abramovic triggers a manager's buy-out-clause of 15m (the most expensive in living memory) and you think he will tell him, "Dude all the money for transfer went into bringing you here".

You think AVB (and I like that by the way) will leave Porto where he is adored, loved by the fans and players and take a risk with a big job without having a guarantee of certain transfer targets to help with his goal.

Chamotex believes if he doesn't deliver, he will be sacked. What in your definition is "deliver"?

Dude will have poo loads of money to spend (not that I like that). And average managers like Avram Grant have proven that you may need a great deal of tactical input to finish in the top four. Let alone someone who has worked with a core of the players, worked in the league, knows the league and scouted opposition teams and managers  for several years. Plus someone who is tactically sound, young, fresh and plays good football.

Goodness, he knows the already how Wenger and Fergie play even before he signed.

He already knows what makes Lampard tick, Drogba, Terry, Cech, Mikel, Essien. He does not need to watch a back log of tapes to know how they play, he knows that already. He watched and "obviously" learnt how Jose motivated them. He saw things he may not like to replicate e.g Boring, negative football. He also saw things he knows will work. He already knows what system the players like. He already knows the strengths and weaknesses of a chunk of the players.

While he may not hit the ground running, there is nothing to suggest that he will be fired if he doesn't. *Please bear in mind that by hit the ground running, I mean winning a trophy* Top four finish will definitely guarantee him a job for another year while he builds on his experience.

No one knows what Roman is thinking. Maybe for once, he is thinking long term. So for stpuid statements like "He'll crash and burn", "I'm willing to bet he won't last a season in the PL", I say keep watching while another dude walks in and steals the show. . . Again!.

Brilliant Managers are already wary of how he could exploit what he knows. These arm-chair analysts are already predicting doom.

i love your optimism. . . .

however, chelsea fc are a different ball game. to thrive in chelsea, a manager must deliver(trophies, titles, glory, etc). the fact that abramovic triggered a buy-out clause means nowt. . . .he must create an enabling environment for this young manager to thrive - and that is letting him build his own squad, buy his own players, etc. mourinho was able to do that and his brilliance helped him to achieve all what he achieved.

since mourinho's departure, roman has been a bit tight with money. no other chelsea manager had the luxury jose had in terms of revamping the squad and this is why the ones after him have failed in a way. we all know roman is obsessed with the european trophy and that is a step too high for villas-boas with monstrous clubs like barcelona, real madrid, man utd etc still in europe.

you don't need an oracle to see where this might end for the rookie . . . .roman comes from a different world(despite his passion for football). in roman's world, when you are paid to do something - you must deliver results. if you don't, there's no reason to keep you. this ruthlessness is what made him a stinking billionaire and he will not make a u-turn because he wants to help the career of a portugese rookie. . . .villas-boas must deliver for chelsea or face the firing squad(like ancelotti, avram grant, hiddink) cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by debosky(m): 10:16pm On Jun 21, 2011
nateevs:

If he does well (i.e. win trophies) in his first season I will admit I was wrong. That is the standard of measurement at Chelski, not making top 4.

One would think Roman is some logical guy the way you talk. . . we all know he's a whimsical owner who will get whatever he wants. The buy out clause is insignificant - it probably doesn't fuel RA's yacht in a year. grin

Let's put it in another way - Carlo Ancelotti leaves a club where he's won 2 UCL titles without having a guarantee of targets to achieve his goal? grin

Did all this knowledge prevent him and his boss from being unceremoniously sacked?

Not only is this naive, it's outright daftness - there's nothing to suggest he'll be fired?

Blimey, a world cup winning coach was fired and there's nothing to suggest some 33 year old, wet-behind-the-ears JM wannabe will get sacked?

Was Scolari outside the top 4 when he got fired? cheesy

Carlo won the first double in the club's history, gets sacked for coming second and there's nothing to suggest he'll get fired? cheesy

The ONLY certainty is that he will get fired. grin

He already knows what makes Lampard tick, Drogba, Terry, Cech, Mikel, Essien.

As a glorified match recorder? Even the kit men at Chelski can claim to know what makes Lampard and co tick. Does that make them good managers? cheesy

Which brilliant managers? The guy who got his coaching badge with him and now coaches Hibernian? Brilliant indeed. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 10:24pm On Jun 21, 2011
@ Nateevs,

I've learned not to ascribe the virtue of "rationality" to Abramovic.

Every decision RA has made at Chelsea has been irrational so don't be surprised if Villas Boas gets sacked after 3 months. Hehehehe.

My main concern is whether Platini is serious about this Financial Fair play thingie cos I don't know how we plan to achieve that after the ridiculous purchase of Torres and the signing of Boas (and all his backroom staff).

My main sore point right now is why Chelsea wanna sign Lukaku and loan Anderlecht De Bruyne when (a.) We already have an overload of strikers and (b.) A severe shortfall of wingers.

Another disconcerting rumour is our interest in £17m rated Eljerio Elia, who I've said several times plays "as the spirit leads" ie like a headless dribbler. That would be the biggest heist in the history of football since the Jules Rimet trophy was stolen.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by debosky(m): 10:33pm On Jun 21, 2011
Ibime:

@ Nateevs,

I've learned not to ascribe the virtue of "rationality" to Abramovic.

Every decision RA has made at Chelsea has been irrational so don't be surprised if Villas Boas gets sacked after 3 months. Hehehehe.

A Chelski fan with a memory extending beyond last week. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 10:40pm On Jun 21, 2011
coogar:

i love your optimism. . . .

however, chelsea fc are a different ball game. to thrive in chelsea, a manager must deliver(trophies, titles, glory, etc). the fact that abramovic triggered a buy-out clause means nowt. . . .he must create an enabling environment for this young manager to thrive - and that is letting him build his own squad, buy his own players, etc. mourinho was able to do that and his brilliance helped him to achieve all what he achieved.

since mourinho's departure, roman has been a bit tight with money. no other chelsea manager had the luxury jose had in terms of revamping the squad and this is why the ones after him have failed in a way. we all know roman is obsessed with the european trophy and that is a step too high for villas-boas with monstrous clubs like barcelona, real madrid, man utd etc still in europe.

you don't need an oracle to see where this might end for the rookie . . . .roman comes from a different world(despite his passion for football). in roman's world, when you are paid to do something - you must deliver results. if you don't, there's no reason to keep you. this ruthlessness is what made him a stinking billionaire and he will not make a u-turn because he wants to help the career of a portugese rookie. . . .villas-boas must deliver for chelsea or face the firing squad(like ancelotti, avram grant, hiddink) cool

You are just like a typical opposition fan and a British journo who like to indulge in their own self-proclaimed drivel that Roman is one ruthless, son of a b.itch who has no clue about football and won't hesitate to fire any manager for no apparent reason.

Yes it is widely reported that the Champions League is seriously coveted on this side of town, Roman till date has not fired a manager for not winning the CL. The "hate-Chelsea" campaign has fed everyone with garbage claiming Roman fires manager after manager for not winning the CL. They don't report as frantically though that Roman also loves beautiful football.

Jose , though very successful, was bad PR for Chelsea. Jose spent a lot of money and most of the football was effective but lacked style and panache. They fell out and he was gone. Jose will fall out with most people!. Not because he did not deliver.

Avram Grant. Do I need to write about him. I remember Sharon telling me in 08 that Avram was one of the best managers in the PL. FF to 2011, All I have to say is refer to your Pompey and Hammers dossiers! Dude was a stooge. A stop gap. A cold and inept supposed manager. Need I explain anything. He was not fired because he didn't win the CL, he was fired because he was shite!

Scolari [/b]was going to bankrupt Chelsea. The self-sustenance by 2012 policy was in full force. PK promised Roman after all the money he's spent, we would be self-sustained by 2012. We slipped out of the top four and could not cop 3 points even if the opponents did not turn up. It was farcical. Fans like me was clamouring to keep him, in hindsight though, it was a fabulous decision. What the media never said was Chelsea was carrying the highest ratio of turnover/wages and participation in the CL was pertinent to Chelsea's financials. That explained why he was gone mid-season and not end of the season. We were still in the CL. He was fired because he appointment turned out to be a threat to Chelsea. Not because he did not win the CL.

[b]Hiddink
came in to steady the ship. He was not fired. It's funny how you even add him to your list of managers who were "fired". See what I mean?

Carlo Ancellotti's case was a little different. Finished his first season with a double. Played good football and finished the season in style breaking all sorts of records. But it was not all smooth. At some point mid-season, it felt like the Scolari effect was upon us. He were slipping away. Thankfully we recovered and won the double. The second season was not the same. Off to a flying start, looking cool and rosy and like we were going to walk it, we lost to at home 3-0 to Middles-borough. Chelsea's worst defeat at home in 10 years. It was down hill from there. For most times during the season, CA never looked like he had what it took to recover. It was the same playing style, like for like substitutions, predictable set-up for the whole season. It doesn't take a genius to work out how dire we were when Utd despatched us 3 times convincingly in a matter of weeks even though all we had to do was win the our remaining games. We did not even put up a fight. And he had no answers.

At some point, Wolves had a better win ratio than Chelsea. We went from 9 pts ahead of 2nd place to 15 pts adrift of 1st place. We lost 24 points in a handful of games. Chelsea's worst start to a season in 20-something years. That was relegation form and had Arsenal and Spurs not capitulated, we would have been 5th and out of the CL.  At that point, it was clear to all and sundry that CA was not the future. He had to go. He got fired because we were dire.

No one mentions that Roman is in search of a balance. A manager who doesn't need to spend a lot to win trophies. Yet plays beautiful football that typifies the club. Roman is a quiet fella, so he wants a manager that gives the club good PR.
Yes he wants the CL as widely proclaimed, there's no precedence to suggest that previous managers have been fired for not delivering the it. He's hired a plethora of supposedly experienced managers and they have not come up with the goods. Perhaps it's time to be radical and different. That could explain the appointment of AVB.

And stop that crap talk of Roman being tight with cash. We just recovered from a mid-season 75m transfer. Now we chasing Modric at 25m, Lukaku and De Bryune at a deal worth 20m, AVB 13m, VDW 15m, Neymar 30m. That's over a 180m in just under 6months and you are talking about being tight.

Keep preaching doom.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 11:23pm On Jun 21, 2011
One would think Roman is some logical guy the way you talk. . . we all know he's a whimsical owner who will get whatever he wants. The buy out clause is insignificant - it probably doesn't fuel RA's yacht in a year. grin

Yeah. He is not logical. He played the lottery and won 5 billion dollars. I distaste all these "In The Know" who like to believe they can see through Roman's reasoning. Yes he gets excited like every other fan and goes out and spends millions, what do you mean he is not logical? 

Did all this knowledge prevent him and his boss from being unceremoniously sacked?

This is very stpuid argument. My post explains that he already knows the players. That's in response to your doubting his ability to make a mark. You should either agree that he knows the players and that can work for him or not. His boss and him were sacked when he was a nobody. It's very lazy to argue this way.

Not only is this naive, it's outright daftness - there's nothing to suggest he'll be fired?

There's nothing to suggest he will be sacked. You do not know the premise that surrounds his appointment. How can you tell that he will crash and burn and "will" be sacked? You do not know why he was hired. Maybe Roman is tired of hiring and firing and wants to hire someone for the long term. You don't know. I don't know. So why are you talking like you are Roman's ears. I highlighted in my earlier post the reasons behind Roman sacking each manager.

Blimey, a world cup winning coach was fired and there's nothing to suggest some 33 year old, wet-behind-the-ears JM wannabe will get sacked?

Was Scolari outside the top 4 when he got fired? cheesy

Id.iotic statement. "JM wannabe"? Where from the hate for this guy sef? I said If he "finishes" in the top 4, he will not get sacked. Did Scolari "finish" in the top 4? Was there anything about Scolari's season that suggested that we would have "finished" in the top 4? In-fact you were the very one attacking me and in these words or something close when I was defending Scolari. "Nateevs, because he is all we have now does not mean we can't find someone better". You even tried to make me see how he was leading Chelsea astray. Now you are changing sides to suite your pathetic disposition.

Carlo won the first double in the club's history, gets sacked for coming second and there's nothing to suggest he'll get fired? cheesy

Sharrap. He did not get fired because he came second. He came 2nd because your pathetic club and Spuds failed. He 2nd place had no style. He was lucky. It was not about the second. It was the way in which he finished second.

The ONLY certainty is that he will get fired. grin

B.ulls.hit! Only one thing is certain. Arsenal will not win a trophy!. Again!.

As a glorified match recorder? Even the kit men at Chelski can claim to know what makes Lampard and co tick. Does that make them good managers? cheesy

You are down right daft for this statement. He takes over at a relegation threatened side with no money. He revamps them and takes them to finish 11th place. Gets knocked out in the semi final of the Portuguese Cup by the best team in the country and then he goes to Porto where he wins a treble in his second season as manager and you dare liken him to Chelsea kit men and a glorified match recorder? You thoughts are shocking!

He won the Europa League dispatching teams with consummate ease!.
He won the Portuguese league with the highest number of points ever. Topping JM's previous record.
He topped JM's unbeaten league record.
The highest number of points between 1st and 2nd in Portuguese league history. 21pts.

How do you think he achieved all these? I am telling you about the foundations of his tactical and organizational nous and you are speaking trash. How else do you judge if someone "can" make a good manager?

That is a very daft statement from you. How much success did Wenger have before he took over at Arsenal?

Which brilliant managers? The guy who got his coaching badge with him and now coaches Hibernian? Brilliant indeed. grin

Brilliant managers. Fergie, Wenger et al. Sit down and understand before spewing rubbish!.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by debosky(m): 12:10am On Jun 22, 2011
Aight Nateevs, I was yanking your chain a bit, but surely you don't believe he won't get fired for simply finishing top 4??

Even you can't have such a brief memory. . .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 12:21am On Jun 22, 2011
debosky:

Aight Nateevs, I was yanking your chain a bit, but surely you don't believe he won't get fired for simply finishing top 4??

Even you can't have such a brief memory. . .

I said that but with a caveat. If he finishes in style. Like he nearly misses the title. However playing very good football.
If he does not win anything and we don't play good football, then it's difficult to see him being around.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by debosky(m): 12:29am On Jun 22, 2011
nateevs:

I said that but with a caveat. If he finishes in style. Like he nearly misses the title. However playing very good football.
If he does not win anything and we don't play good football, then it's difficult to see him being around.

Scolari was stylish for quite a while before fading, even Carlotti was arguably the most stylish - the number of goals Chelski were scoring at the end of 09/10 and early 10/11 was the height of style, yet that didn't save him.

Like I said earlier, without trophies he is doomed, just like every other Chelski manager that has gotten fired.

It is unreasonable to think Roman is suddenly interested in a coach he'll allow to stay if he comes close but doesn't win, when all the previous managers have been sacked for not winning.

His age notwithstanding, he wouldn't have been hired if not for his trophy winning at Porto - if he fails to deliver one in his first season, I'm afraid he'll be sacked just like the rest of them.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 1:06am On Jun 22, 2011
nateevs:

You are just like a typical opposition fan and a British journo who like to indulge in their own self-proclaimed drivel that Roman is one ruthless, son of a b.itch who has no clue about football and won't hesitate to fire any manager for no apparent reason.

believe what you wanna - roman abramovic is ruthless, you don't cop $16 billion without being ruthless. . . .7 managers hired & fired in the last 8 yrs or so suggests roman is a mean sonofabitch who will not hesitate to fire any manager who has failed to deliver his promises.

Yes it is widely reported that the Champions League is seriously coveted on this side of town, Roman till date has not fired a manager for not winning the CL. The "hate-Chelsea" campaign has fed everyone with garbage claiming Roman fires manager after manager for not winning the CL. They don't report as frantically though that Roman also loves beautiful football.

stop spewing like a dickhead. . . .ranieri, mourinho, grant and ancelotti were fired without winning champions league. if roman loved beautiful football, he wouldn't have fired jose. the brand of football jose played between 2004-2007 was nothing short of breathtaking. the 4-3-3 formation with duff-drogba-robben notched 95 points(lost one game all season) and till date have the highest number of points in the premier league.

Jose , though very successful, was bad PR for Chelsea. Jose spent a lot of money and most of the football was effective but lacked style and panache. They fell out and he was gone. Jose will fall out with most people!. Not because he did not deliver.

jose did not deliver the holy grail. he got knocked out twice by rafa benitez in the semis and jose finished 33 points ahead of liverpool in the league.
his football did not lack any style unless you were under a rock in that era. jose's chelsea played effective football and once chelsea got a goal back then, it's almost impossible to catch them.

Avram Grant. Do I need to write about him. I remember Sharon telling me in 08 that Avram was one of the best managers in the PL. FF to 2011, All I have to say is refer to your Pompey and Hammers dossiers! Dude was a stooge. A stop gap. A cold and inept supposed manager. Need I explain anything. He was not fired because he didn't win the CL, he was fired because he was shite!

except that he's still the only chelsea manager to take chelsea to the champions league final. . . .he was the closest manager to win the champions league for chelsea. yet he failed with pompey and hammers. jose or pep guardiola won't excel with those clubs as well. these are bottom sides with shyte players. harry redknapp also failed with pompey and hammers - but he has excelled with tottenham. what does that tell you? the quality of the teams you manage also counts.

[b]Scolari [/b]was going to bankrupt Chelsea. The self-sustenance by 2012 policy was in full force. PK promised Roman after all the money he's spent, we would be self-sustained by 2012. We slipped out of the top four and could not cop 3 points even if the opponents did not turn up. It was farcical. Fans like me was clamouring to keep him, in hindsight though, it was a fabulous decision. What the media never said was Chelsea was carrying the highest ratio of turnover/wages and participation in the CL was pertinent to Chelsea's financials. That explained why he was gone mid-season and not end of the season. We were still in the CL. He was fired because he appointment turned out to be a threat to Chelsea. Not because he did not win the CL.

scolari was fired because he suddenly became shyt. he couldn't even be trusted to win in europe cos his league form became shyt. roman isn't silly. chelsea recorded one of the worst runs under scolari in the roman era. the game at old trafford that season epitomised everything scolari was about. jose saw the game live at old trafford and his comment was. . . ."there was only one team playing". . . .he had to be fired.

Hiddink came in to steady the ship. He was not fired. It's funny how you even add him to your list of managers who were "fired". See what I mean?

this is immaterial

Carlo Ancellotti's case was a little different. Finished his first season with a double. Played good football and finished the season in style breaking all sorts of records. But it was not all smooth. At some point mid-season, it felt like the Scolari effect was upon us. He were slipping away. Thankfully we recovered and won the double. The second season was not the same. Off to a flying start, looking cool and rosy and like we were going to walk it, we lost to at home 3-0 to Middles-borough. Chelsea's worst defeat at home in 10 years. It was down hill from there. For most times during the season, CA never looked like he had what it took to recover. It was the same playing style, like for like substitutions, predictable set-up for the whole season. It doesn't take a genius to work out how dire we were when Utd despatched us 3 times convincingly in a matter of weeks even though all we had to do was win the our remaining games. We did not even put up a fight. And he had no answers.

these excuses are lethargic. . . . .the glazers should have fired ferguson between 2003 and 2007 when the league evaded man utd for 4 yrs. ancelotti delivered the double barely 12 months ago and he still got fired. by the same token, fergie should have walked last season when he won nothing of note apart from the carling cup. only a ruthless owner will fire a manager that won the double 12 mths ago and that is what we are talking about here. . . . . .building a winning squad is not the oil/gas industry(roman's trade). . . . .

in roman's world. . . .a manager is given a project - the funds are also given to the project manager and he is expected to deliver results within a set time. he has to deliver or else he gets fired. this daft russian applies that logic to football which is not applicable. building a winning squad takes time. stability is also required. barcelona did not just become the force they are now. . . .all those long years of failure in europe/la liga - they were grooming superb players in la masia. now their harvest time has come and they will enjoy this glory for years to come. roman should borrow a leaf.

At some point, Wolves had a better win ratio than Chelsea. We went from 9 pts ahead of 2nd place to 15 pts adrift of 1st place. We lost 24 points in a handful of games. Chelsea's worst start to a season in 20-something years. That was relegation form and had Arsenal and Spurs not capitulated, we would have been 5th and out of the CL.  At that point, it was clear to all and sundry that CA was not the future. He had to go. He got fired because we were dire.

this is myopic! every team goes through that cycle in a season. chelsea still finished 2nd despite having a worse win ratio than wolves. all those stuffs are immaterial. during the title race, the same chelsea almost clawed back 15 points from man utd. having lost out in all domestic competitions this season, all eyes were on europe for chelsea. roman spent £70 million in january window to improve chelsea's chance in europe but it wasn't to be. that ended carlotti's reign whether you choose to accept it or not.

No one mentions that Roman is in search of a balance. A manager who doesn't need to spend a lot to win trophies. Yet plays beautiful football that typifies the club. Roman is a quiet fella, so he wants a manager that gives the club good PR.
Yes he wants the CL as widely proclaimed, there's no precedence to suggest that previous managers have been fired for not delivering the it. He's hired a plethora of supposedly experienced managers and they have not come up with the goods. Perhaps it's time to be radical and different. That could explain the appointment of AVB.

roman isn't in any search of any balance. he wants to win in europe. if playing 10-0-0 will win the european cup for roman, he will take it. he decided to buy an english club when he visited england to watch one european game. he has been obsessed with the champions league for almost a decade now and he has thrown plenty of cash at the venture to win it.

And stop that crap talk of Roman being tight with cash. We just recovered from a mid-season 75m transfer. Now we chasing Modric at 25m, Lukaku and De Bryune at a deal worth 20m, AVB 13m, VDW 15m, Neymar 30m. That's over a 180m in just under 6months and you are talking about being tight.

Keep preaching doom.

get those players signed first before yapping your mouth. . . . .media speculation is not a done deal. yes, he threw 75 million at chelsea in january.
chelsea were already miles away from winning the league as at then, they had been knocked out in the domestic cups as well. the only competition they had the chance to win was in europe. . . . .roman quickly threw his cheque book at chelsea to boost the squad for europe. . . .and it backfired.

let's see how much more he's willing to spend now. villas-boas will not succeed in chelsea unless roman gives him the kind of luxury mourinho had in 2004. new manager, open cheque-book to sign players the manager asks for. even with that, success isn't even guaranteed. in mourinho's era, roman was the biggest fish in the pond. in 2011, there's man city, there's barcelona and there's real madrid. it's going to be an interesting season but i am very sure chelsea will ruin villas-boas young career by sacking him abruptly. the dude is not ready for the sharks in the english media yet.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dayokanu(m): 1:20am On Jun 22, 2011
but i am very sure chelsea will ruin villas-boas young career by sacking him abruptly. the dude is not ready for the sharks in the english media yet.

That was why I wanted Hindick
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Akolawole(m): 1:21am On Jun 22, 2011
@Nateeves

Dont mind Debo and jackaldemous

Left wingers were scared already.

The guy will be brilliant for us.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Nobody: 5:55am On Jun 22, 2011
AVB is the new messiah.
Hmmm. . .we shall see.

Let him perform or he would be shown the gate too.
Roman dont give a shyte about how much he spent in buying hm
out.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by FBS: 7:32am On Jun 22, 2011
Anyone who says Jose made Chelsea play "bad/negative" football is talking dodo. Yes I said it. cheesy
We were "perfect" in the league and once we scored its bye-bye to other teams. How can that be bad?
Our wingers were FLYING! Robben, "Arugbo" a.k.a Duff . . .heck even JC was on FIRE!!!

Going forward, AVB it is!
Looks very much like a mini Jose to me but at the same time, very much his own man at 33. (kai, why I no take football seriously huh? ))  grin

but with Falcao rumored to be coming, this one na striker-overkill ooh! midfielders nko?

Anyways, RA is ready to spend, who is we to complain?

Mo ni go on soun!  cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Akolawole(m): 9:34am On Jun 22, 2011
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by debosky(m): 11:11am On Jun 22, 2011
FBS:

AngeliMaga to n'pin re o ju re da oh!, It's Porto's time to collect no retreat no surrender oh. grin grin

How on earth can ANYONE say Jose was bad PR for Chelski

How many shekpe boys would be following Chelski if not for the trophies they won? How many fans would Chelski have outside of England if not for the trophies won by JM?

Secondly, if Jose was negative, we can as well expect his protege to be negative too, afterall what he spent his time at Chelski doing was studying other teams in order to find ways to nullify them.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 11:25am On Jun 22, 2011
FBS:

Anyone who says Jose made Chelsea play "bad/negative" football is talking dodo. Yes I said it. cheesy
We were "perfect" in the league and once we scored its bye-bye to other teams. How can that be bad?
Our wingers were FLYING! Robben, "Arugbo" a.k.a Duff . . .heck even JC was on FIRE!!!

Going forward, AVB it is!
Looks very much like a mini Jose to me but at the same time, very much his own man at 33. (kai, why I no take football seriously huh? ))  grin

but with Falcao rumored to be coming, this one na striker-overkill ooh! midfielders nko?

Anyways, RA is ready to spend, who is we to complain?

FBS, I said "negative though effective". . . We were boring and negative. Everyone knows we were.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 11:38am On Jun 22, 2011
debosky:

Scolari was stylish for quite a while before fading, even Carlotti was arguably the most stylish - the number of goals Chelski were scoring at the end of 09/10 and early 10/11 was the height of style, yet that didn't save him.

Like I said earlier, without trophies he is doomed, just like every other Chelski manager that has gotten fired.

It is unreasonable to think Roman is suddenly interested in a coach he'll allow to stay if he comes close but doesn't win, when all the previous managers have been sacked for not winning.

His age notwithstanding, he wouldn't have been hired if not for his trophy winning at Porto - if he fails to deliver one in his first season, I'm afraid he'll be sacked just like the rest of them.

If only you cared to read, you come back with this crap.
The only manager who was sacked at Chelsea for winning nothing was "No one" . . . Not a single one.
All of you are doing guess work. You think Roman believes every Manager has to win something? If you think you do, why don't you tell us about your contact. Everything is just plain deductive reasoning. Every single manager had a reason they were sacked.

To support your skewed argument. You talk about the fair things the manager did at their time. Yet you fail to point out their failures because you know that will immediately discredit your assertion that he fired them all for the same reason. Was Jose fired for not winning as well. Yet he was fired.

Was Wilikins fired for not winning trophies? Infact, Wilkins was fired when everyone though we would walk the league.
Now come back and tell me that your logic again. All these ITK acting like they carry Roman's notepad.

Scolari did not finish the season. It was not clear whether he would or would not win anything. It is daft to suggest he was fired for not winning things when he left in February. We were in the league, the FA Cup and CL. And according to you "we had not dropped out of the top four" at the time.

Which leaves us with only Avram Grant who but for an unfortunate slip by JT would have won the CL. You think he was fired because JT slipped. This is ridiculous. How can anyone talk about what they don't know like it's gospel.

If Jose, Grant, Scolari and Wilkins were not fired for lack of trophies, that immediately renders your argument useless. And your assertion that Carllotti was fired for not winning any trophy is bollocks to begin with.

None of you know why Roman fired the managers. Quit acting like you have some insider info.

debosky:

Secondly, if Jose was negative, we can as well expect his protege to be negative too, afterall what he spent his time at Chelski doing was studying other teams in order to find ways to nullify them.

Moronic statement. This means you are either out here to make things up or your lack of European knowledge of football is exhuming in all its glory.

When it widely documented that AVB himself has said he draws more inspiration from Bobby Robson and Pep Guardiola's playing than Jose. You are here spewing rubbish.

Were you in a hole when Porto were walking the season? Did you never see how they played football?
Just to prove a point, you making things up. I have a feeling you are scared of the gentleman even before he signed. How else can one explain your points?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by debosky(m): 12:10pm On Jun 22, 2011
nateevs:

If only you cared to read, you come back with this crap.
The only manager who was sacked at Chelsea for winning nothing was "No one" . . . Not a single one.
All of you are doing guess work.

Ranieri - no trophies (sacked)
Grant - no trophies (sacked)
Ancelotti - no trophies in 10/11 (sacked)

Three coaches I can casually name that were fired after not winning. Apart from these coaches, the only other coaches of Chelski of recent are JM (fired midseason) and Scolari (fired midseason) - Hiddink doesn’t count.

Three out of five coaches fired after not winning and its guess work? I call that 60% probability.

You think Roman believes every Manager has to win something? If you think you do, why don't you tell us about your contact. Everything is just plain deductive reasoning. Every single manager had a reason they were sacked.

Of course - three got sacked for ending the season trophyless.

To support your skewed argument. You talk about the fair things the manager did at their time. Yet you fail to point out their failures because you know that will immediately discredit your assertion that he fired them all for the same reason. Was Jose fired for not winning as well. Yet he was fired.

I didn’t say ALL managers are fired for not winning; however the number of coaches fired for not winning is not insignificant.

Was Wilikins fired for not winning trophies? Infact, Wilkins was fired when everyone though we would walk the league.

Is Wilkins the manager? He is irrelevant to this discussion, else we should start counting all the backroom staff that have been fired in Chelski history, including your beloved Boamorte. grin

Scolari did not finish the season. It was not clear whether he would or would not win anything. It is daft to suggest he was fired for not winning things when he left in February. We were in the league, the FA Cup and CL. And according to you "we had not dropped out of the top four" at the time.

Scolari and JM were not fired at the end of the season, but three other coaches were. Now I don’t know whether you did quantitative reasoning or not, but three outweighs two any day. grin

Which leaves us with only Avram Grant who but for an unfortunate slip by JT would have won the CL. You think he was fired because JT slipped. This is ridiculous. How can anyone talk about what they don't know like it's gospel.

There is always a reason for failure, but failure it remains. Ultimately he ended up trophyless and got fired for that reason.

If Jose, Grant, Scolari and Wilkins were not fired for lack of trophies, that immediately renders your argument useless. And your assertion that Carllotti was fired for not winning any trophy is bollocks to begin with.

So why was Carlo fired? Because of his bushy eyebrows? grin

Carlo was fired for failing to win - simples. Grant was fired for the exact same reason, so was Ranieri.

Apart from JM and Scolari fired mid-season, all the other coaches fired got sacked at the end of the seasons they failed to win anything. That is incontrovertible evidence.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by slimshay(m): 12:29pm On Jun 22, 2011
debosky:

AngeliMaga to n'pin re o ju re da oh!, It's Porto's time to collect no retreat no surrender oh. grin grin

How on earth can ANYONE say Jose was bad PR for Chelski

How many shekpe boys would be following Chelski if not for the trophies they won? How many fans would Chelski have outside of England if not for the trophies won by JM?

Laff Wan Kill Me Die For Hia!!!!!! Had to type it in full!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 12:38pm On Jun 22, 2011
I just hope these ridiculous transfer rumours following AVB is all media speculation.

Why do Chelsea wait till a player is overvalued before showing interest?

Wesley Sneijder spent all summer 2009 waiting for an interested party before Inter copped him for £13m. Now Chelsea could bid up to £40m for the same player.

Falcao was on the market 2 summers ago for £4m and Liverpool turned their noses up at him, allowing him to go to Porto, when they had been chasing him all summer. Now Chelsea showing interest to the tune of £25m.

Joao Moutinho (poor man's Modric/Valero - and one of Nateevs "Lampard-replacements"wink flopped in Sporting, was available for £9m last summer, now being quoted at £35m to join Chelsea, in order to do nothing but pass ball in midfield with sum total of 2 goals and 2 assists per season.

One would think Chelsea scouts sit in their office playing with their testicles all day. . . . . or in reality, mad man Roman does what he wants, when he wants. . . with his limited knowledge of footie, whilst the likes of Ron Gourlay dictate transfer policy.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 12:52pm On Jun 22, 2011
I didn’t say ALL managers are fired for not winning; however the number of coaches fired for not winning is not insignificant

debosky:

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by usbcable(m): 12:57pm On Jun 22, 2011
he is not new to chelsea/RA/the fans at the bridge/London since he once sered there with Mourinho.

so i dont see him having much trouble handling all that comes with the blue jersey in london

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th September 2016 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2016/2017 / Bayern Munich Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 192
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.