Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! (79398 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by AndreUweh(m): 8:12pm On Dec 16, 2011
In Naples, I forsee a 1:1 draw.
In West London, Chelsea to win by 1:0.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Babamide(m): 10:07pm On Dec 16, 2011
Torres is going nowhere. He either score 50million pounds worth of goals or he is gonna rot on the bench.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 10:27pm On Dec 16, 2011
I hope AVB takes Napoli as seriously as any other team. Chelsea is not yet in a position to right other teams off. We are grasping for confidence and are still very fragile.

We need to make quality signings in January. With Anelka and Alex off the team list, we can only 3 new players to the UEFA team list for the knock out stages. I am curious to know who those will be. I hope Essien is not one of them.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dayokanu(m): 10:32pm On Dec 16, 2011
When does the Nations cup end? Hope Drogba is back in town cos if you leave the attack to the shape keeper,

Then na una sabi ooo
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 11:14pm On Dec 16, 2011
Napoli was the worst draw. They are properly set up for Chelsea, kinda like Benitez Liverpool teams that used ta give JM grief.

Good thing we didnt finish 2nd though, if not na Barca we for dey face. Sorry Leverkusen.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 11:29pm On Dec 16, 2011
ritchboy:

Thomas Vermaelen has a better goal-ratio than Torres grin grin grin

prove it. . . .

vermaelen(22 goals in 202 appearances)
torres(177 goals in 422 appearances)

ritchboy, you are a lunatic!

Ibime:

You score 5 goals in a calendar year and you still get mind to vex because dem bench you?

Ibime:

Samuel Eto Fils is over 30 years old abeg. Lets talk about current players.  grin
There are only two candidates - Villa and Torres.
Villa is cool, but I prefer big strikers cos they allow you to play with one upfront effectively, hence Torres is the best!

barely, 2.5 yrs ago, ibime was kissing the feet of fernando torres as the best striker in the world.
how did torres became so shyte that ibime now feels he's the wackest striker ever.

it only tells you one thing. ibime/dayokanu/bluediva are media whores.
they only go with reigning strikers(and the moment that striker is out of form - they change gears like the british weather)

i can remember when dayokanu haunted ronaldo(not a big game player), rooney(liability), berbatov(sloth), etc.
there was a time he lavished praises on klose(highest goal scorer in tournaments), podolski(the best young player in the world), etc.

if you check his recent comments on the german strikers - dayo has been stabbing them they are shyte and his erecti[i]o[/i]ns have now shifted to mario gomez and tony kroos(although he went 32 games without a goal until tonight) - a fact dayokanu hid from nairalanders. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dayokanu(m): 12:13am On Dec 17, 2011
coogar:

i can remember when dayokanu haunted ronaldo(not a big game player), rooney(liability), berbatov(sloth), etc.
there was a time he lavished praises on klose(highest goal scorer in tournaments), podolski(the best young player in the world), etc.

if you check his recent comments on the german strikers - dayo has been stabbing them they are shyte and his erecti[i]o[/i]ns have now shifted to mario gomez and tony kroos(although he went 32 games without a goal until tonight) - a fact dayokanu hid from nairalanders. grin

You are a tool I repeat you are a tool

On September 14 2011 Toni Kroos scored the first goal vs Villareal in the CL game in madrigal

On October 18 2011 Toni Kroos scored the first goal vs Napoli in a CL game at naples

Coogar what did I say?

YOU ARE A BLUNT TOOL
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 12:15am On Dec 17, 2011
dayokanu:

You are a tool I repeat you are a tool

On September 14 2011 Toni Kroos scored the first goal vs Villareal in the CL game in madrigal

On October 18 2011 Toni Kroos scored the first goal vs Napoli in a CL game at naples

Coogar what did I say?

YOU ARE A PHAT TOOL

32 league games, you neophyte!
who doesn't know toni kroos scored in the champions league - see this mumu.

the last time toni kroos scored a league goal was 29th october 2010. grin grin grin
yet, you have the chutzpah to mention this kid's name in comparison to ashley young?

dayokanu - may the gods shrivel your c[i]o[/i]ck.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by 195(f): 2:14am On Dec 17, 2011
dayokanu:

When does the Nations cup end? Hope Drogba is back in town cos if you leave the attack to the shape keeper,

Then na una sabi ooo

OMG grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dayokanu(m): 2:28am On Dec 17, 2011
coogar:

32 league games, you neophyte!
who doesn't know toni kroos scored in the champions league - see this mumu.

the last time toni kroos scored a league goal was 29th october 2010. grin grin grin
yet, you have the chutzpah to mention this kid's name in comparison to ashley young?

dayokanu - may the gods shrivel your c[i]o[/i]ck.

Maybe we should compare Toni Kroos to guys who play similar Roles to him in Man Utd -Anderson
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 3:09am On Dec 17, 2011
dayokanu:

Maybe we should compare Toni Kroos to guys who play similar Roles to him in Man Utd -Anderson

anderson: 2 league goals in 8 league apps
toni kroos: 1 league goal in 32 league apps
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dayokanu(m): 3:26am On Dec 17, 2011
Anderson Oliveira 8 goals in 6 seasons grin grin shocked shocked  Is he friends with Torres?

Toni kroos 16 goals in same number of seasons

Toni Kroos is twice the player Anderson is.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 4:18am On Dec 17, 2011
coogar:

barely, 2.5 yrs ago, ibime was kissing the feet of fernando torres as the best striker in the world.
how did torres became so shyte that ibime now feels he's the wackest striker ever.

they only go with reigning strikers(and the moment that striker is out of form - they change gears like the british weather)

5 years ago, Ronaldinho was the best player.

6 years ago, Mikel was competing with Messi for best player at U-20 WC.

2 years ago, Diego Milito pushed Samuel Eto to the right wing. Now Samuel Eto earns his club £30m whilst Milito is a financial liability to his club.

3 years ago, Ravel Morrison was better than Jack Wilshere  grin

7 years ago, Anderson was the successor to Ronaldinho

4 years ago, some reckoned Macauley Chrisanthus shoulda beat Toni Kroos to U-17 golden ball.

I hope you catch my drift, especially the last two lines.

Is your brain in a  time-warp?  grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dyabman(m): 10:58am On Dec 17, 2011
its been a while, good game against City. .

According to Ibime Ramirez played sh, it but he was better than silva that night . . grin

@nateevs

how old is Cavani?

Drogba's transfer will be judge on his performances for us this season, if we go ahead to win the champions league or premierleague not f.a cup then he should be given what he wants BUT we win noffin he should go to CHINA!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 17, 2011

You think football is romance?
I should kiss and hug a liability who earns thousands of pounds weekly.

Football is a b.i.t.ch.
Ask blackburn fans why they want the man who saved them from relegation out.
Ask RA why he sacked the only man to ever give the club a double.
Ask Barca why they kicked Dinho out.

The business of football has a very short memory.
When you are shinning, you are courted, when u begin to decline, O-Y-O.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 12:13pm On Dec 17, 2011
dyabman:

According to Ibime Ramirez played sh, it but he was better than silva that night . . grin

You must be mad if you think Ramires played better than Silva. Sorry to disappoint you, but Ramires was the worst midfielder on the pitch.

I had 2 mates round to watch the match. Lucky for us, the SKY remote button was able to rewind and pause, and show the amount of times Ramires gets the ball in midfield and run in a straight line into opposition traffic (that was mostly second half) whilst in the first half, I asked my mates to count how many times Ramires touched the ball and it was round about 12 times. We were able to pause and show how many times Ramires was hiding on the pitch whenever Romeu or Meireles received the ball. I wish I coulda recorded everything they said about Ramires.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by debosky(m): 1:53pm On Dec 17, 2011
Ramires hides yet he seems to show for passes to score counter attacking goals no?

He's not a possession hog, but he's effective at what he does. . . .better you get over your hang ups and accept him for what he is.

For all his 'hiding' he put the fear of God into the Citeh midfielders with his direct and persistent running.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 2:41pm On Dec 17, 2011
debosky:

(1.) Ramires hides yet he seems to show for passes to score counter attacking goals no?

He's not a possession hog, but he's effective at what he does. . . .better you get over your hang ups and accept him for what he is.

(2.) For all his 'hiding' he put the fear of God into the Citeh midfielders with his direct and persistent running.

(1.) Name one central midfielder you know who only shows for passes when counterattack is on?

I'll give you 24 hrs to think of that, then submit your answer.

(2.) Direct and persistent running straight into 3 players whilst options are to left and right shebi?

Running with your head down is not a positive attribute for a central midfielder.

He only had space to make runs in the 2nd half, 80% of which slammed directly into opposition players when players were all around him to pass to.

Is he the central midfield version of Theo Walcott?

One of these days, when I have time, I'm gonna make a video of all his moves in a game.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 2:49pm On Dec 17, 2011
I've just stumbled across an article which should make Nateevs laugh! grin grin grin

The Secret Footballer: Is André Villas-Boas Kevin Keegan in disguise?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/dec/16/the-secret-footballer-andre-villas-boas
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by debosky(m): 2:55pm On Dec 17, 2011
@ Ibime

I've known your obsession with running, ever since the 'Drogba stopped running' arguments of a few years ago. grin

However, as proven then, it doesn't mean much in reality - Ramires may be 'running' into players as you see it, or he may be pulling players out of position making it easier for the likes of Mata to receive passes in open areas.

For someone as end-product oriented as yourself, I would've looked at Ramires stats (goals, assists, key passes) instead of looking at how many passes he makes. I'm sure Mikel can outpass Ramires any day of the week, but his end product is zilch.

A more useful comparison is his end product compared with central midfielders at other clubs.

You see Ibime, you're not very different from nateevs in the end - he is hung up on shape keeping, while you are hung up on showing for the ball. grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 3:03pm On Dec 17, 2011
debosky:

For someone as end-product oriented as yourself, I would've looked at Ramires stats (goals, assists, key passes) instead of looking at how many passes he makes. I'm sure Mikel can outpass Ramires any day of the week, but his end product is zilch.

A more useful comparison is his end product compared with central midfielders at other clubs.

You see Ibime, you're not very different from nateevs in the end - he is hung up on shape keeping, while you are hung up on showing for the ball. grin grin

Help yourself. . .

Although I'm still waiting for you to answer my question in bold. . .

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 3:35pm On Dec 17, 2011
Twice less often passes received and twice more often possession lost (see previous post). Thats a factor of 4.

The ninja better work 4 times as hard to win possession back. No wonder he runs like headless chicken.  grin

Question again:

Name one central midfielder you know who only shows for passes when counterattack is on?

Is Ramires a striker? Why is he competing with shekpe keeper and DD for passes received?   grin

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 6:54pm On Dec 17, 2011
Players playing with confidence. Lampard and Meireles have been impressive going forward 'so far' in midfield.
I will want to keep an eye on how they press in midfield.

We need to score and put some pressure on those playing tomorrow.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 6:56pm On Dec 17, 2011
Romeu nice shot on goal. Mikel never did that.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 7:05pm On Dec 17, 2011
It's all gone flat now. No pressing and Wigan are getting some confidence.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by debosky(m): 7:22pm On Dec 17, 2011
@ Ibime

Ramires has scored more goals than his peers in that position, his min/tackle and min/interception stats are better than his peers showing he is effective in breaking up opposition play and delivering at the business end.

He is not a possession hog, but all those receiving passes (except Lamps) are not scoring as much as he is from midfield.

PS - Ivanovic commits handball and gets away with it - next minute AVB will be hyperventilating about decisions going against Chelski.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 7:25pm On Dec 17, 2011
End of half. It went really terrible at the end.
The tempo could not be sustained.
The pressing in midfield faded and Wigan have been let back into the game.

I hope we are not seeing the signs of Ramires' absence already.
There are parts of the game calling for some directness.

It's a must win game.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 7:32pm On Dec 17, 2011
debosky:

PS - Ivanovic commits handball and gets away with it - next minute "AVB will be hyperventilating about decisions going against Chelski".

Really? When? I must have missed it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 7:37pm On Dec 17, 2011
Impossibe! Kalou coming on for 45mins?
Wow! Anything is possible.

Romeu out.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 7:40pm On Dec 17, 2011
Perhaps Kalou can provide those runs needed.
Mata will withdraw to central midfield and Kalou will attack from the left wing.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by debosky(m): 7:43pm On Dec 17, 2011
nateevs:

Really? When? I must have missed it.

Yeah you must have - when you were stuck up shekpe keeper's butt. grin

Or you think he's facing an FA charge for admiring the ref's girlfriend? grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 7:50pm On Dec 17, 2011
Goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllll

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100)

Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th September 2016 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2016/2017 / Bayern Munich Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.