Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,872 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

Beginners - Learn Android Programming - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Beginners - Learn Android Programming (22290 Views)

Learn Android App Development For FREE Here / Let Learn Android Programming Togather / Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by ypad: 10:56am On Jun 01, 2011
@Dell_net hahah sowieee ddnt know you wanted to learn android, So what have you done so far?

@blackstat cool but a few points

First if you want to learn Java, I wont advice you go through those books. I hae red them and they arent books for beginners.

*Beginners*
Starting out with Java
Java in easy steps
Java, how to program
The big java

Now when you are done with these, obviously not all but yeah>>>then you can go into the books blacksta listed.

This is because Java is divided into 3 learning constructs.
Procedural
Object Orientation
Advanced

Pls do you have the pdf of any of this books? I need it, I 'll be grateful if you help me with any of the books mentioned above. here is my add. chizosandra@yahoo.com I am a beginner in Java, everything sound so strange to me.

thanks in advance.
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by ndigbo: 11:30am On Jun 01, 2011
I'm sorry, if i am derailing this thread. Please NLanders, i need advice no what to do as regards books i should get or tutorials i should attend cus i'm in despersrate need to learn programming. (java)
thankz.
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by harakiri(m): 11:39am On Jun 01, 2011
I know i might sound "noobish" here but what's the difference between a Symbian and Android phone?
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by twinskenny(m): 11:58am On Jun 01, 2011
harakiri:

I know i might sound "noobish" here but what's the difference between a Symbian and Android phone?

hmm get one android and have a feel bro grin grin grin
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by blacksta(m): 11:59am On Jun 01, 2011
harakiri:

Symbian is an operating system for most Nokia phones while Android is an alternative  OS
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Luka316(m): 12:27pm On Jun 01, 2011
@fayimora(my mentor), sir i didnt hear from you again i know you might busy pls i have email you how far i have gone pls tell me what next. thank God would definetly bless ur hands
@others pls if any one can help with th pdf of the mention ebooks i would appreciate. i have try to google search the Java, how to program but all of them are not for free.
this house is so educative thanks to all contrubutors here.
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Luka316(m): 12:29pm On Jun 01, 2011
pls this is my email attayi_316@hotmail.com
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Fayimora(m): 1:10pm On Jun 01, 2011
already sent u a mail Luka,

Java how to program -- http://webprojects.eecs.qmul.ac.uk/fbfb3/Java,%20How%20To%20Program,%202004.pdf

That book is on my webspace on ma school's server. If the traffic involved gets too high I would be banned for about a week I think. IF you fall into this zone(where you cant access the link), just send me an email and I should be able to restore ma space(by paying some fines).

I promised to make up a list of e books and drop a link here but again, I don't want that traffic. However am trying to zip up NECESSARY books and would upload somewhere where everyone can download.

Goodluck to you all and I wish you success
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by kabiru10(m): 2:17pm On Jun 01, 2011
@ fayimora, i would like you to send me the ebook Java, how to program to my email, jazzymondoe@gmail.com
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Fayimora(m): 3:05pm On Jun 01, 2011
follow the link above
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Mariory(m): 3:57pm On Jun 01, 2011
Man I need to visit the technology section way more often. This thread rocks.
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by ypad: 4:48pm On Jun 01, 2011
@Fayimora, thanks a lot. I got d link.
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by offorbuike: 5:08pm On Jun 01, 2011
Educating & motivating thread, big up guys.
@denzel, pls i will need d ebook link as well,my mail add is (eminentbyke@gmail.com),
@fayi, am stil waitn 4 ur reply.
Thanks pals.
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Fayimora(m): 5:28pm On Jun 01, 2011
offorbuike:

@fayi, am stil waitn 4 your reply.
Thanks pals.

on??
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by omi247(f): 5:39pm On Jun 01, 2011
Hi guys,

I don't mean to infringe on this thread, but I just wanted to direct beginners who want to learn Java to some very good and FREE materials for learning:

Stanford University (one of the top universities in the U.S) actually provides a full beginners course for Java: "Introduction to Computer Science |
Programming Methodology" that can be taken online. (Please note: this will NOT count towards you obtaining any credit/actual qualification from Stanford, but serves only are free training material)

You can download/view all the material for free. There are about 28 lectures in the course each about 45-50 minutes each, videos of the lectures can be found on Youtube. Other materials include the syllabus, handouts, assignments, and even an exam paper. you can also download all the software you need from their site. Check out the link below (hope this helps):

http://see.stanford.edu/see/courseinfo.aspx?coll=824a47e1-135f-4508-a5aa-866adcae1111

(they also have a few other free online courses if anyone is interested - just have a look around their site)

ndigbo:

I'm sorry,  if i am derailing this thread. Please NLanders, i need advice no what to do as regards books i should get or tutorials i should attend cus i'm in despersrate need to learn programming. (java)
thankz.
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by tundebabzy: 6:55pm On Jun 01, 2011
omi247:

Hi guys,

I don't mean to infringe on this thread, but I just wanted to direct beginners who want to learn Java to some very good and FREE materials for learning:

Stanford University (one of the top universities in the U.S) actually provides a full beginners course for Java: "Introduction to Computer Science |
Programming Methodology" that can be taken online. (Please note: this will NOT count towards you obtaining any credit/actual qualification from Stanford, but serves only are free training material)

You can download/view all the material for free. There are about 28 lectures in the course each about 45-50 minutes each, videos of the lectures can be found on Youtube. Other materials include the syllabus, handouts, assignments, and even an exam paper. you can also download all the software you need from their site. Check out the link below (hope this helps):

http://see.stanford.edu/see/courseinfo.aspx?coll=824a47e1-135f-4508-a5aa-866adcae1111

(they also have a few other free online courses if anyone is interested - just have a look around their site)

Same as MIT with their open courseware.
Check www.ocw.mit.edu
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by offorbuike: 8:17pm On Jun 01, 2011
@fayi, d mail i sent 2 u which u promised 2 reply on monday.
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Fayimora(m): 8:48pm On Jun 01, 2011
Hav got hundreds of mails dat i have been replying since monday and still in the process. Its best if u re-state d contents of ur mail if at all i haven't replied it
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 01, 2011
Fayimora is Mod nice one.i trust u to do a good job take care
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Fayimora(m): 12:41am On Jun 02, 2011
Sure thanks
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by babaibadan(m): 3:12am On Jun 02, 2011
**subscribing**
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by blacksta(m): 12:03pm On Jun 02, 2011
Lesson 2.0

Android OS is like a cake consisting of various layers. Each layer has it own characteristics.

Android is built on top of linux. Linux is great because of it portability , security and features

Application Framework - rich environment that provides numeorus services to help you the developer get the job done. You will also find numerous java libraries built for android. You will also find many services that allows your application to tap into the phone's Senors , WIFI , GPS and so on

Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by blacksta(m): 12:11pm On Jun 02, 2011
Andriod and Java.

In java you write your source code and compile it into a java code using the java complier. In android things are different , you still write the java source file and compile it to java byte code using the same java compliter but at that point , you recompile it once again using the dalvik complier to Dalvik byte code. It is dalvik byte code that is then executed on the dalvik VM

Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Fayimora(m): 1:16pm On Jun 02, 2011
Well said, you can do some extra reading here http://developer.android.com/guide/basics/what-is-android.html

Good one blacksta
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by blacksta(m): 1:17pm On Jun 02, 2011
Installing Android SDK

The android software development (sdk) is all we need to develop applications for android. it comes with tools as well as platforn to run and see it all work.

Download here  -  http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html  

Steps

1. Download the sdk and unzip to location a location  ( c:\Andrioid)
2. setup a path to the tools
3. Install Eclipse  - http://eclispe.org  ( i recommend Eclipse IDE for Java Developers)

Setting Up Android Development Tools

You also need to set up Android Tools for Eclipse. The instructions are:

1. Start Eclipse, then select Help→Install New Software (see Figure 3-1).
2. In the Available Software dialog, click Add.
3. In the Add Site dialog that appears, enter a name for the remote site (for example,
“Android Plugin”) in the “Name” field.
4. In the “Location” field, enter this URL: https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/
eclipse/.
5. Click OK.
6. Back in the Available Software view, you should now see “Developer Tools” added
to the list. Select the checkbox next to Developer Tools, which will automatically
select the nested tools Android DDMS and Android Development Tools. Click
Next.
7. In the resulting Install Details dialog, the Android DDMS and Android Development
Tools features are listed. Click Next to read and accept the license agreement
and install any dependencies, then click Finish.
8. Restart Eclipse.

http://developer.android.com/sdk/eclipse-adt.html
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by zeeleso(f): 2:41pm On Jun 02, 2011
Lovely thread, but, ermm lets get moving. Where are the actual codes? we want more lessons.
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by blacksta(m): 2:45pm On Jun 02, 2011
grin
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by blacksta(m): 2:48pm On Jun 02, 2011
zeeleso:

Lovely thread, but, ermm lets get moving. Where are the actual codes? we want more lessons.

LOL - nA WA ooo - Everybody wants to see code - This is not fast track course to Android Development - it is a Marathon

if u see code what next? grin
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Fayimora(m): 3:40pm On Jun 02, 2011
Blacksta is ryt. Its not all about the code. YOu havent event set up your environment so what you wanna do with code? By the way only the basics would be taught, Its left for you to do whatever you want to do with it
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by zobay(m): 3:54pm On Jun 02, 2011
Thank u guys. pls Blacksta u teachin beginners maintain ur pase.
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Fayimora(m): 4:54pm On Jun 02, 2011
8 With installation complete - Restart Eclipse
I'd prefer you restart your system.Dalvik sometimes doesn't initialize until the system is restarted, Its optional tho. If restarting eclipse works fine then no need restarting the system

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help Me Write The Quadratic Equation (almighty Formula) In This Languages / Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project / Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.