Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

Breaking News : Robbers Shoot Governor's Wife, Kill 2 Aides, Adedibu’s Son Attac - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News : Robbers Shoot Governor's Wife, Kill 2 Aides, Adedibu’s Son Attac (37786 Views)

Shettima Visits Late Borno Deputy Governor's Wife, Son / Is This Appropriate Dressing For A Governor's Wife / South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News : Robbers Shoot Governor's Wife, Kill 2 Aides, Adedibu’s Son Attac by Mamajama(m): 4:26pm On Jul 20, 2007
Wife of the Governor of Taraba State Hajia Hauwa Danbaba Suntai narrowly escaped death yesterday when a gang of armed robbers opened fire on her convoy between Jotar, Benue State and Wukari in Taraba State, killing two of her aides in the convoy.

The robbers, numbering about 15, opened fire on sighting the convoy of the governor’s wife and killed a nurse and a mobile policeman in the convoy.

A source who witnessed the incident told P.M.News that Hajia Suntai was also injured during the attack as she was reportedly shot in the arm.

When the convoy got to Wukari Local Government, soldiers at the road block there were said to have followed the lead given by the governor’s wife and attacked the robbers.

Two of the robbers, it was gathered, were killed while two others were arrested by the combined team of soldiers and mobile policemen.

The state Police Commissioner, Mr. Richard Chime confirmed the incident. He disclosed that a team of mobile policemen had been drafted to the zone with a view to tracking down the rest of the bandits.

He confirmed that the corpses of the nurse and mobile policemen had been deposited in the mortuary, adding that he had directed soldiers to convey the bodies of the bandits killed and two others to jalingo.

Meanwhile, sympathisers have been trooping to the Government House, Jalingo to sympathise with the governor. They include traditional rulers, government officials, businessmen and top armed forces personnel.

In a separate incident, a gang of robbers, numbering about 50, stormed Felele area of Ibadan, Oyo State, and attacked residents, including Munirudeen Adedibu, a South Africa-based businessman and eldest child of Alhaji Lamidi Adedibu, a PDP chieftain.

The robbers were said to have raided more than 20 houses, stealing handsets, wrist watches, jewelry and other valuables.

P.M.News gathered that this was the second visit of the robbers to the area in less than one week. The first attack took place on Tuesday.

Three persons, including a woman, a night watch man and a young woman were wounded during the attack.

It was learnt that the robbers stole items worth more than N5 million from Adedibu’s son.

On getting to the area, the robbers reportedly fired into the air to scare residents and then commenced their operation.

Also in Lagos this morning, nemesis caught up with two robbers on a commercial motorcycle (Okada) at Eledie, Onipanu area of Lagos when they were caught and set ablaze.

P.M.News gathered that the suspects snatched a hand bag containing a huge amount of money (proceeds from the sale of chickens) from a woman who was trying to lodge it at a bank nearby.

The woman was said to have shouted Ole, Ole (thief! thief!!) and ran after one of the suspects who was running towards his accomplice waiting on a motorcycle.The shouts of Ole, Ole (thief, thief) attracted several passersby who joined in pursuing the fleeing suspects.

They were eventually caught and beaten to a state of unconsciousness before they and the motorcycle were set ablaze.

The handbag was retrieved from them and given back to the woman.Eyewitnesses disclosed that the woman gave thanks to God for recovering the money, saying she would have run into a huge debt, if the money had been taken away.

http://www.thenewsng.com/modules/zmagazine/article.php?articleid=17572
Re: Breaking News : Robbers Shoot Governor's Wife, Kill 2 Aides, Adedibu’s Son Attac by angel101(f): 7:29pm On Jul 20, 2007
May the souls of the departed rest in peace.

I wonder when this security problem will be addressed. Its such a crying shame. My friends mum was killed by armed robbers too a year ago. Na wa.
Re: Breaking News : Robbers Shoot Governor's Wife, Kill 2 Aides, Adedibu’s Son Attac by Mamajama(m): 7:43pm On Jul 20, 2007
When I was saying the issue of security in Nigeria is not that of effectiveness or personnel, it has to do with lack of provisioning tool and equipment to tackle all this nefarious criminals. People said i dey smoke. Now that its getting close to all this top guns, I hope they start calling all the senators and influential wigs to provide adequate fund and training facilities and top of the line c communication equipment to the force. How can a nation of 140 Million has only one operational helicopter? how can you pay this people merely #9000 a month and you expect them to fight criminals with sophisticated weapons? how can we give policemen a flash light without a phone to go and fight gang of criminals?
Re: Breaking News : Robbers Shoot Governor's Wife, Kill 2 Aides, Adedibu’s Son Attac by angel101(f): 7:56pm On Jul 20, 2007
Never mind giving them a phone, how about batteries for the flash lights embarassed
Re: Breaking News : Robbers Shoot Governor's Wife, Kill 2 Aides, Adedibu’s Son Attac by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 20, 2007
is it only batteries and flashlight?

Mamajama can you tell us why senior policemen such as Commissioner of Police, AIG and above live in stupendous opulence while the rank and file wallow in penury? that's the N9,000 question.
Re: Breaking News : Robbers Shoot Governor's Wife, Kill 2 Aides, Adedibu’s Son Attac by Mamajama(m): 10:16pm On Jul 20, 2007
NA me make the LAW? why don't you ask the legislator why a DIRECTOR GENERAL has 4 cars and a housing allocation and other civil servant are chasing MOLUE?

DO you know how many 600 BENZ is in the president Entourage?

here is a pic for you. Now tell me why does one man need all this? the system is a failed system and not the guys/

Re: Breaking News : Robbers Shoot Governor's Wife, Kill 2 Aides, Adedibu’s Son Attac by angel101(f): 10:35pm On Jul 20, 2007
No be the guys structure the system? abi how did the system come to be?
Re: Breaking News : Robbers Shoot Governor's Wife, Kill 2 Aides, Adedibu’s Son Attac by honeric01(m): 11:59pm On Jul 20, 2007
well i hope the robbers stop terrorizing common citizens and then go after the richer and potential ones, then they won't hesitate to find a solution,
Re: Breaking News : Robbers Shoot Governor's Wife, Kill 2 Aides, Adedibu’s Son Attac by angel101(f): 12:06am On Jul 21, 2007
And what happens to those who have made money legitimately?
Re: Breaking News : Robbers Shoot Governor's Wife, Kill 2 Aides, Adedibu’s Son Attac by honeric01(m): 1:23am On Jul 21, 2007
Make dem dey pay their tithes,
Re: Breaking News : Robbers Shoot Governor's Wife, Kill 2 Aides, Adedibu’s Son Attac by funloving(m): 8:43am On Jul 21, 2007
Truth is that the insecurity in the land is increasing but like everything else that overflows it limits, it is now getting to the very top. Kidnappers in the Niger Delta now go for the kids of rich Nigerians, armed robbers target top politicians and businessmen. We are getting to a point where the rich and mighty in the land can no longer turn a blind eye to the problems in the country thinking they can secure themselves with their money.

It seems evil can sometimes bring good, especially in a country like Nigeria where you need the iron fist to get things done.

As the criminals continue to hit at the top those at the top, who are the ones in a position to do something about it, will do something. They will have no option but to create an enabling environment for people to work and feed legitimately, for that is the only solution to these criminality.
They will also have to properly train, equip and pay the security forces but the bottom line is, stop looting the commonwealth of Nigeria, stop flauting in opulence your ill-gotten wealth and create an environment which enables all to proper.
Re: Breaking News : Robbers Shoot Governor's Wife, Kill 2 Aides, Adedibu’s Son Attac by Aneef(m): 12:41pm On Jul 21, 2007
This issue is something that always sadden someones heart if u see the way things are heading as par security in this country.I just pray and hope that someone,somewhere will rise up to the occasion.
Re: Breaking News : Robbers Shoot Governor's Wife, Kill 2 Aides, Adedibu’s Son Attac by redsun(m): 12:57pm On Jul 21, 2007
Robin Hood,it is long time coming.
Re: Breaking News : Robbers Shoot Governor's Wife, Kill 2 Aides, Adedibu’s Son Attac by Mamajama(m): 1:41pm On Jul 21, 2007
Bingo, now the big wigs are feeling the pain of ordinary Nigerians and now media and everyone is focusing on the insecurity issues. I asked a top government official before the election, what justification does the government has in ordering 35 bullet proof trucks in preparation for the election for the senators and top notch officials? This trucks were ordered at a whooping price tag of $70,000 a piece. We have policemen on the street with flash light and no battery, we have no computers at the police station, some police men don't even know what a surveillance camera is and yet we expect them to fight crime. I say start kidnapping top officials kids and publicly execute them to send a message home. its inhumane but at least it will force this people to come up with a strategy to combact crime.
Re: Breaking News : Robbers Shoot Governor's Wife, Kill 2 Aides, Adedibu’s Son Attac by Bankole01(m): 1:56pm On Jul 21, 2007
Why does the wife a governor need to travel in a convoy. This is an example of abuse of privilege in Nigeria. These corrupt so called leaders are the ones who exercebated the problem in insecurity in the nation. They stole all the money without giving a care to the securuty outfits. I say serves her and all like her right.

This is my message to armed robbers_ Please leave the poor people alone and concentrate of the real robbers of Nigeria. The kleptocrats, past and present. They have all the money!
Re: Breaking News : Robbers Shoot Governor's Wife, Kill 2 Aides, Adedibu’s Son Attac by angel101(f): 2:03pm On Jul 21, 2007
The two who lost their lives are not political big wigs or rich people. It is nothing to be happy about. I am disgusted at ur response obowunmi. angry
Re: Breaking News : Robbers Shoot Governor's Wife, Kill 2 Aides, Adedibu’s Son Attac by doyin13(m): 6:06pm On Jul 21, 2007
What surprises me is the ineptitude of the security services.

If it was a close knit group of say ten thieves repeatedly stealing a la Anini and co. I would find it understandable that they can terrorise and difficult to catch.

But a case of fifty, thirty people suggests that they are vulnerable to infiltration.

The security services should have ears on the ground, spies that can stop this nonsense.

(1) (Reply)

Again, Senator Gemade Decamps To APC / Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko / Jonathan Signs Two Bills Into Law.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.