Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,863 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:08 AM

I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me (54045 Views)

Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car / Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) / Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Stankovic22: 10:19pm On Sep 08, 2021
Good evening nairalanders!

This is what happened. A friend of mine who is like a brother to me and has impacted my life positively in every way bought a new car. We work together and live in the same neighborhood so we go-to work together.

It happens that I do sit in front with him always while the third guy stays at the back. So today, on our way back from work, the wife called for him to come pick her and when we got close and stuck in traffic, I decided to vacate the front seat and move to join the other guy at the back but while trying to go my friend was like guy where u dey go... I say I wan create space for Iyawo and he was like Wetin dey worry u, sit down jor but I insisted and went to the back.

So when we beat the traffic and picked up the wife she was like why is the front seat vacant and my friend said... He left the seat for u... The wife was like, please its wrong, that I shouldn't have left.

I was like its your space and I felt it was the right thing to do, to join my other guy at the back before we get to you.

People was I wrong to have vacated the seat?

216 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Blakjewelry(m): 10:22pm On Sep 08, 2021
Well I don't see any issue with the whole drama

383 Likes 21 Shares

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by chiiraq802(m): 10:23pm On Sep 08, 2021
The wan na question for married people . make I find space deck here. cool

245 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by gasparpisciotta: 10:23pm On Sep 08, 2021
It was a matter of courtesy, respect for yourself and the lady.

You did right...!!!! Better you do that than be asked to vacate the seat.

1480 Likes 91 Shares

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by babavik: 10:26pm On Sep 08, 2021
Well maybe to her it doesn't matter but believe me, you gained yourself some respect in her eyes.

1151 Likes 72 Shares

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Blacknote: 10:28pm On Sep 08, 2021

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Promzy99: 10:33pm On Sep 08, 2021
Attitude of a courteous gentleman.

653 Likes 32 Shares

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by mymadam(m): 10:48pm On Sep 08, 2021
Blakjewelry:
Well I don't see any issue with the whole drama
undecided Thank you jare. Absolutely nothing to discuss here. You did the right thing, IMHO... QED

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by delzbaba(m): 10:49pm On Sep 08, 2021
dem dey pity your life as permanent scrub,, grin No mind me joor, but on a real note dem fit dey discus ur situation for untop bed for night.

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Nobody: 12:03am On Sep 09, 2021
That woman respects you...

413 Likes 20 Shares

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by SweetiliciousD: 12:12am On Sep 09, 2021
babavik:
Well maybe to her it doesn't matter but believe me, you gained yourself some respect in her eyes.
Spot on. You gained her respect, the husband's and mine too.

You are a correct gentleman. Ignore any other contrary view cos "Respect, they say, begets more respect"

520 Likes 27 Shares

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by firstbornson(m): 1:34am On Sep 09, 2021
Good gesture.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Terrier99: 1:42am On Sep 09, 2021
Stankovic22:
Good evening nairalanders!
People was I wrong to have vacated the seat?

You were right, and she knows you were right.

You left the seat for her out of courtesy.
She said you shouldn't have, she only said so out of courtesy.

Keep it up man, you be correct guy.

396 Likes 17 Shares

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Nobody: 4:02am On Sep 09, 2021
The naive husband might think sitting at back is sign of a car owner. grin

But you did the right thing.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Sonnobax15(m): 4:33am On Sep 09, 2021
cheesy
Op,you just proved how gentlemanly you're....I bet you your friend and his wife are gonna talk good about you when they're alone.....

Well,this one no be issue at all....It shows you've got respect for your nigha man and his wife.......Not all friends will do that you know cool

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Nobody: 4:42am On Sep 09, 2021

197 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by NoBones: 5:33am On Sep 09, 2021
You did the right thing........Even your friend will start seeing you differently

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by BigYash: 5:40am On Sep 09, 2021
You did well.. Forget those talk,them go dey regard you more for that thing you do so.. That man fit dash you car,if he has the means ,as time goes on..

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by michlins(m): 5:40am On Sep 09, 2021
You are a fine gentleman. Properly raised by your household

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Tekzyflex(m): 5:43am On Sep 09, 2021
You all acted fine.

11 Likes

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Tekzyflex(m): 5:44am On Sep 09, 2021
You all acted well. You are a smart dude.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by 9japride(m): 6:25am On Sep 09, 2021
Its wrong to do that, it shows pretence. Its just African mentality and mediocrity. It could have been different if you guys weren't in motion first and she joined you guys. But as far as you guys where already in motion, no need to give way. Its when you finally reach your destination that she can then come to the front seat. Its all these yeye pretence that encourages elders in the society to messed up the system for the youths.

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by yuping(m): 6:44am On Sep 09, 2021
No cause for alarm it is not a caution they are just telling you how they feel.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by uniqueflash(m): 6:47am On Sep 09, 2021
[quote author=Stankovic22 post=105626244]Good evening nairalanders!

This is what happened. A friend of mine who is like a brother to me and has impacted my life positively in every way bought a new car. We work together and live in the same neighborhood so we go-to work together.

It happens that I do sit in front with him always while the third guy stays at the back. So today, on our way back from work, the wife called for him to come pick her and when we got close and stuck in traffic, I decided to vacate the front seat and move to join the other guy at the back but while trying to go my friend was like guy where u dey go... I say I wan create space for Iyawo and he was like Wetin dey worry u, sit down jor but I insisted and went to the back.

So when we beat the traffic and picked up the wife she was like why is the front seat vacant and my friend said... He left the seat for u... The wife was like, please its wrong, that I shouldn't have left.

I was like its your space and I felt it was the right thing to do, to join my other guy at the back before we get to you.

People was I wrong to have vacated the seat? Respect is giving to whom it is due,you earn mine

1 Like

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Bugatie(m): 6:57am On Sep 09, 2021
Well not bad, but everything is perception, you too sitting at the back and leaving the front sit vacant makes it look like the man is you guys driver while you're the car owner.

Leaving the front seat for the wife when you got to the pick up point maybe could have looked or appeared better .

Like a friend mentioned, life shouldn't be too hard

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Fiscus105(m): 7:02am On Sep 09, 2021
TimeSpaceWizard:
The naive husband might think sitting at back is sign of a car owner. grin

But you did the right thing.

Pleeeeeease be endeavors to read post before comment. You can read entire post see reason

2 Likes

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Nostring: 7:05am On Sep 09, 2021
Yeye no work hard go buy ur own car... continue dey vacate sit about undecided but seriously I don't think it matters since u guys picked her on the way and not that u left home together...even if u Comot home together ,if she respect u ,I mean if no b be say u be yeye friend wey no dey add any value to their lives, she no sups get problem with u sitting in the front

6 Likes

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by samuel051: 7:09am On Sep 09, 2021
Nostring:
Yeye no work hard go buy ur own car... continue dey vacate sit about undecided
if person don ever carry u for car b4 wey no be ur family own,u be fhool..

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Nostring: 7:21am On Sep 09, 2021
samuel051:
if person don ever carry u for car b4 wey no be ur family own,u be fhool..
grin why d tin pepper u na? Be like u dey wait fr bustop every day fr free ride to work and back home cheesy , the most annoying part about people like u is the unnecessary chit chats, after robbing person of their free time to process ideas, u go use chochocho finish person..bros change ur way, try dey enter cab sometimes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Imustnottalk: 7:37am On Sep 09, 2021
You did the right thing I learned new thing today

6 Likes

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 09, 2021
my brother hustle ooo ......make you no dey vacate front seat for a living

9 Likes

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Imustnottalk: 7:38am On Sep 09, 2021
michael77777:
my brother hustle ooo ......make you no dey vacate front seat for a living
you won dey hustle you don buy for banana island

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2017 Honda CRV Is Here, What Do You Think About It? / AirCar: Car That Can Fly Cleared For Takeoff But You Will Need A Pilot's License / 2007 Toyota Avalon or 2007 Toyota Corolla: Which Should I Buy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.