Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Persistence Of Vision Raytracer - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Persistence Of Vision Raytracer (2332 Views)

Lets Help You Re-affirm Your Company's Vision / Vision Illusion Test: How Many Legs Does This Elephant Have? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Persistence Of Vision Raytracer by Ynot(m): 5:59am On Feb 12, 2006
Have any of you graphics nuts (no pon intended) used Persistence of Vision Raytracer (POV Ray)?. With POV, you don't need to know how to draw though that will help the final result. You can creat picture-like image with codes. They have competitions for the best image every year. Behold the hall of fame .

Re: Persistence Of Vision Raytracer by Seun(m): 6:10am On Feb 12, 2006
Wow! shocked Are you entering the competition?
Re: Persistence Of Vision Raytracer by Ynot(m): 6:59am On Feb 12, 2006
Not really. I don't have that kind of time on my hands. Got to pay bills you know. I have been messing around with it since 2003, trying to design a thatched building as seen in some villages in Nigeria. Kind of local family meeting gathering with background of real ancient scenerio. I really don't have a picture of one and my memory is falling me.

The Internet Raytracing competition for still image is every two months; for animations, every three months.

By the way, i didn't design that office picture. grin grin grin
Re: Persistence Of Vision Raytracer by c0dec(m): 2:18pm On Feb 12, 2006
i've always wanted to learn how to use POV-Ray but i've never really had the time. cool images though.
Re: Persistence Of Vision Raytracer by Jeremaya(m): 7:24pm On Feb 12, 2006
POV-Ray is a wonderful raytracer, but its simply (but powerful) raytracer. You will need to know some 3D modelling and there are some great progams out there that you could try your hands on. One of them is Blender. Its a powerful free program, but with a steep learning curve if you have the time.
Re: Persistence Of Vision Raytracer by Maxflame(m): 12:26am On Feb 13, 2006
cheesy sorry to say but POV ray isn't all that. I use 3dsmax and it comes shipped with mental ray an industry standard renderer and raytracing engine. Theres also Vray and Brazil both are very good. If you want to see wicked renders visit this link. www.cgtalk.com
Re: Persistence Of Vision Raytracer by Ynot(m): 1:17am On Feb 13, 2006
Autodesk 3ds Max 8, physical and shipping = $3,495.00
Vray = $799.00

Downloading/using POV Ray for free, PRICELESS!!!

For every thing else, there is a____  (fill in the gap)
Re: Persistence Of Vision Raytracer by Maxflame(m): 2:06am On Feb 13, 2006
Don't get me wrong its good if you're a hobbist.

(1) (Reply)

I'm Your Ultimate Logo Design Guy!... Contact Me Now: +2348159261159 / I Need A Graphic Designer For A Logo And Facebook Post Graphics / Someone To Convert Two Designs From Psd To Coreldraw In The Next 24 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.