Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! (35589 Views)

See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) / The Truth About Fashola's Success / What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by DARA1234: 8:59am On May 25, 2011
Amaechi is a good governor and his impact on his people is being felt, the same thing for Oshiomole and of course Fashola, the only difference is that the pace at which Fashola is going is completely out of the ordinary, the guy never tires, he is like a man on a mission, a man with passion, no doubt he is a challenge to other governors. If you are good, it will be clear for all to see nationally and internationally.If he had been made the chair of the NGF, it might have been a political suicide, he is a better influencer as an outsider. Come 2015, if Fashola doesn't get a National duty, I am sure the International community will have many better paying jobs for him the same day. It is a shame this keeps happening in Nigeria, tribalism has eaten into our fabric, we have people that can transform the country in 2 years but tribalism, rotation etc will not allow. We have lost great people to the International community, such as; Okonjo Iweala (she will make a good president any day sentiments aside ), Ribadu (a good leader too, Internal or police affair minister or even the president )and many more be they Hausa, Igbo , Itshekiri, Effick, Ibibio, Kanuri, Benin,Ijaw, etc. IT IS A SHAME THE AMOUNT OF ETHNICALLY BIASED SENTIMENTS THAT GOES ON ON THIS SITE, A SITE SUPPOSEDLY FOR YOUTHS AND THE EDUCATED, I WISH WE CAN SEE THE FACES OF SUCH PEOPLE INVOLVED SO THEY CAN BE CATEGORISED AS TRIBALISTS THAT THEY ARE, IF SUCH PEOPLE SEEK ELECTIVE POSTS IN NIGERIA, WE SHOULD STAND UP AGAINST THEM. HERE IN THE WESTERN WORLD WE ARE FIGHTING AGAINST RACISM, BACK HOME THINGS ARE WORSE.
IF YOU KNOW YOU ARE NOT A TRIBALIST, STATE SOME GOOD THINGS ABOUT OTHER NIGERIAN TRIBES, I WILL START;
-IGBO PEOPLE; Industrious, hard working and I love their weddings, especially the bridal dance and good food.
-HAUSA PEOPLE;Beautiful people(especially the women),Kind and very helpful a very strong community, I love them.
-YORUBA PEOPLE; Intelligent, I like the way they are passionate about there language and culture.
For any further contribution, please say something nice about other tribes if you are not tribalistic or at least better than the racists of this world.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by fuke(m): 9:15am On May 25, 2011
A1 is a pass in WASCE, So also is a C6.

Both will give you a place in a higher institution.

Fashola is an A1* in his class. No controversy.

Bad belle people can go and hang.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by fadhill: 10:07am On May 25, 2011
Why some people will gladly live in the realm mental short-sightedness. Is Fashola Working? NO! Are your states thieves working? YESsssssssss! Bunch of Nonentity. Mind you, the population of New York is 8M and the state has witness uninteruptible development and overhauling decades ago. And Lagos is 18M with series of incensant neglect decades ago. With the current state of lagos that generates bilions of naira for the country. Some still complain Fashola is not doing anuthing. Contary to what people say about "common sense", common sense has not avail some nairalanders.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Onyenna(m): 10:16am On May 25, 2011
@poster,

''' WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL ABOUT FASHOLA? NONSENSE ''', are u high?, i advice u to stop that shit u are taking coz tis too strong 4 ya, ok?

@ bk.babe97y, i understand why u flew into a rage, but please,learn 2 control your anger,
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by DaDoctor: 10:27am On May 25, 2011
yes, fashola is trying, Lagos is working!!!

BUT AMIDST THE HUGE REVENUE AND ALLOCATION ONE WOULDNT HAVE EXPECTED LESS

Afterall he spares a few to his god father(whether u believe it or not)

All in all its okay so far as we are at least seeing him work unlike those that previously lead us INCLUDING THE TINUBU.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Skii(m): 10:29am On May 25, 2011
@Eko Ile

where you dey sell those pills (badbellemycing??)

grin cheesy
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Skii(m): 10:31am On May 25, 2011
Please where is the proof or who has an article, substantial evidence that Tinubu gets some kind of returns from Lagos State?
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by AjanleKoko: 10:35am On May 25, 2011
DARA1234:

Amaechi is a good governor and his impact on his people is being felt,

Amaechi is not a performing anything. Anybody who says he is, is high on something.
I just came back from PH. Unless he is secretly building another city somewhere, anybody who puts Amaechi on the same level as Fashola is nuts.

Did someone just mention huge revenue? If Fashola is making huge revenue, he's managing 20-odd million population. The people with three times his allocation and less than a quarter of the population nko? Uduaghan, Sylva, Amaechi, and Akpabio. They should be building the new Dubai.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by olyivy(f): 10:36am On May 25, 2011
[size=18pt]@Eko Ile,

Do you know that a single month revenue of Lagos state will execute all the projects you posted on page1?

You guys should just let people criticize Fashola. The man is only trying not exceptional abeg.

SW Almajiris![/size]
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by fadhill: 10:37am On May 25, 2011
Skii [/b], dont mind them they are the people that dont want to pay tax. May be they dont have business acumen to better their business to pay transport fare around Lagos. They shld go back to their state to live for six months and then compair Fashola. [b]Eko O ni Baje O.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by jmaine: 10:37am On May 25, 2011
Aha!! Because the EFCC, ICPC and the courts have not indicted people like IBB et al., means they never in anyway partook in any graft activity or better still are saints and should be worshiped  . . . What a nice notion  
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by fadhill: 10:42am On May 25, 2011
@olyivy, Yanmirin like you, may I know the alocation of Lagos to crutinize if what you said is true. Do you know how musch GEJ has spent on power and refinery since he assumed office. May be I need to advice you to wake up from slumber.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by talk2hb1(m): 10:45am On May 25, 2011
Eko no go spoil or damage lailai 4ever. If Lagos no please you, abeg commot my brother yu still dey get something for Lagos that is why yu dey here. Bauchi need people who dont like Lagos.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Bawss1(m): 11:01am On May 25, 2011
Are people still hating on Fashola?

Una no dey taya?

Abeg Fashola carry go jor!

Way to go FASHOLA! You are the man!
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Bawss1(m): 11:07am On May 25, 2011
"I'm not saying I'm the best, I'm just asking who is better?" - M.I

Paraphrase that for Fashola and the statement above still rings true cheesy
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by fadhill: 11:08am On May 25, 2011
Why people will not envy good work. Do you blame them they have not witnessed this in yeons, courtesy of PDP mass murder of Nigeria institution. Fashole, kindly ride on. Name your state governor for comparison. Lagos will not hit rock. Ride on Fas.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by olyivy(f): 11:59am On May 25, 2011
fadhill:

@olyivy, Yanmirin like you, may I know the alocation of Lagos to crutinize if what you said is true. Do you know how musch GEJ has spent on power and refinery since he assumed office. May be I need to advice you to wake up from slumber.

In my tongue you are iti boribo! In yours it is called olodo! grin
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by fadhill: 12:02pm On May 25, 2011
Ode grammarian. In my tongue, olodo kodo and apoda to join.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by otitokoro1: 12:09pm On May 25, 2011
Yes Fashola is doing great.  However, the question about his hard work is this: " Where is the sustainability Plan?"  Of a truth I must tell all Lagosians, most of this projects of fashola are more of cosmetics,  For example, take the almighty BRT project, it has finally turn to Mass Transit ("Molue"wink as against the BRT (Bus RAPID Transit).  If you observe deeply, the traffic flow is now becoming visible in Lagos again,  As if that is not enough, many roads that were pothole-free are now turning gully and traps for motorists,   Good governance is all about people not about the godfather pleasing, 

I hope this will be looked objectively for us to move forward,
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by fadhill: 12:18pm On May 25, 2011
What we do not get right is that development is carried out in phases. Then follow the light rail metro which is expected to remove the burden from the road. The BRT is used as temporary measure due to the cost prohibiting nature of light rail metro transit. In order not to see the government not doing anything to alleviate the problem, that was the reason for BRT. The big deal is the Light Rail Metro. Try follow government programme it is not about Working Before Thinking this is what Fashola has avoided. Well unlike someone that issue ultimatum. God help Nigeria and God continue to strengthen Fashola. People please think and don't just criticize. Fashola is Working, Lagos is Moving to greater heights.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by DAY12(m): 12:25pm On May 25, 2011
Do we want to live in a world where hatred is growing out of control? what has Fashola done wrong and some people call it *OVER-HYPED*

Should i just call it a *JEALOUS* cuz haters don't have some1 like him to over-hyped!  ( drink poison )

For instance>> Send Fashola to Imo, Akwa-Ibom & other SE state, then you will now know what OVER HYPE really means.

Keep talking poo, you're only making him more famous!

Greetings to Eku-bear  & eko_ile , your such a keyboard hero on NL, i dey feel u guyz

Bawss1:

"I'm not saying I'm the best, I'm just asking who is better?" - M.I

Paraphrase that for Fashola and the statement above still rings true cheesy

Im luvin dis one, Yeah tell us who's better grin

Bawss1:

Are people still hating on Fashola?

Una no dey taya?

Abeg Fashola carry go jor!

Way to go FASHOLA! You are the man!

they will never stop until we send fash to rescue them!! grin

BRF is da BOMB, BRF is da Man, He listen to People's plight whether u be yoruba, igbo or even hausa,  Una never see hype!

My wife is pregnant now & no-how, no-how na FASHOLA i go name d child. una never see hype. grin grin grin grin

BRF has done a GREAT job in Lagos why won't I hype de dude!

If u dey vex, na motor to crash u! angry angry angry angry
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by fadhill: 12:29pm On May 25, 2011
DAY11, you are not serious. What do you mean, I will name my child Fashola before you. Well, the hype just begin. What a HYPE season. Fashola Ride On.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by follyg: 12:32pm On May 25, 2011
We need to make critical analysis and thorough comparism when addressing issues. Now these are my questions:
(1) Did the internally generated incomes just start coming in without concerted efforts? obviously NO. IGR was increased through well thought-out strategies. Believe me LIRS has a robust enlightenment campaign better than what most companies (multinationals inclusive) in Nigeria have. On paper, Kano state is highly populated but their IGR is a far cry from that of Lagos. This shows the leadership of Lagos is thinking.
(2) Compare the IGR and Government allocations accruing to other states putting the population of the respective states into contest, then we can get a real basis for comparing and also know why Lagos state still has to borrow. e.g Hw many public schools (primary to tertiary), teachers and infrastructure lagos needs to cater for. the number of government funded hospitals in Lagos state is definitely the highest and i mean functional hospitals. What about the number of public and social services viz-a-viz government parastatals that the state is funding e.g lasambus, emergency response, fire service, traffic controllers, road maintenance agencies , most of these are non-existent or dead in other states.
(3) what about funds continually going into security and other things that are even outside the purview of the state govt.
(4) How many government world over is debt free? The FG with all the excess crude fund is owing, US and Britain are heavily indebted. Debt is treated as asset. What matters is the purpose and the conditions which the debt are obtained, and the repayment plans.

In my own view, Lagos state might not be the eldorado we dream of but it has made conceited efforts at giving good leadership.  Take away the federation allocation of many states and you will see that some of the governors will start begging for alms, even with the allocations many of the states are sleeping and there are no signs of development.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 25, 2011
WoW!!! As in wow, Would have loved to reply a lot of people on this thread but i guess am just too far away to quote pick some replies,
I really wanna know why some EEdiots would always wanna attack the Ibo's when something negative is said about SW or the people. You morroons don't even know if am a northerner or 4rm the SW, I would av appreciated it if its only knowledgeable and educated people that are allowed to be registered on N/L, While the uneducated one's who only find pleasure in Tribalism watch, read and Jot down. Maybe in the nearest future Seun would give dem a diploma in Nairaland Education.
Pls and pls i only said what i felt about the state and its governance, No offence to any tribe
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by otitokoro1: 12:46pm On May 25, 2011
What we do not get right is that development is carried out in phases. Then follow the light rail metro which is expected to remove the burden from the road. The BRT is used as temporary measure due to the cost prohibiting nature of light rail metro transit. In order not to see the government not doing anything to alleviate the problem, that was the reason for BRT. The big deal is the Light Rail Metro. Try follow government programme it is not about Working Before Thinking this is what Fashola has avoided. Well unlike someone that issue ultimatum. God help Nigeria and God continue to strengthen Fashola. People please think and don't just criticize. Fashola is Working, Lagos is Moving to greater heights.

Yes I understand all you said about the job, no doubt they are all good project for community development.  However, the point here is if anyone here is closer to Fashola, he could be given this advice of not biting more than he can shew, because this may drag all his achievements in the mud.  For example it is wisdom for someone to face a particular aspect of development, strengthen it before moving to other places, he need to get a strategic turn around for Lagos, that will spell out in each of the project a sustainability plan, for example, each of the project embarked upon must be paired with realistic income to maintain and continue the project. The project as laudable as they are all may be may run down the system when people are heavily taxed, A realistic tax should be go with the project if not, the government that should be people centered may  become less attractive to the people.  My Philosophy about this is in a common saying: "Rome wasn't built in a day, ".  Trying to build Lagos in a short time may not accommodate any plan for sustainability, and without sustainability, all will look like using air fresher to suppress smell of a dead rat,
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by fadhill: 12:50pm On May 25, 2011
I see the reason you don't want to die with the inferiority complex. The reason that you have missed out in Nigeria equation. Sorry about that. This is not enough reason for you not to move in wagon of progress and accomplishment when seen. May God heal you, couple with your envy Lagos will continue to prosper. And it will continue to be the light in the dark that shines into Nigeria life.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by ak47mann(m): 12:56pm On May 25, 2011
olyivy:

[size=18pt]@Eko Ile,

Do you know that a single month revenue of Lagos state will execute all the projects you posted on page1?

You guys should just let people criticize Fashola. The man is only trying not exceptional abeg.

SW Almajiris![/size]
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue ON A FULL SCALE grin
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by fadhill: 12:59pm On May 25, 2011
I don't know what manner of education we have in Nigeria. Sorry no education in the last 12 years. All the same, all these people that complain about tax in Nigeria pay tax through their nostrils in developed world which they dare not evade. What kind of people are we, our parent toil for us so that we can raise our head in the society yet they want us to sustain them in old age. You want to enjoy world class amenities and you don't want a pay back to the state. All nigerians could not do abroad are done in Nigeria ones they set their feet on this soil. Opopo moka mo roro, you think someone use his tongue. Let's be wise Nigerians.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 25, 2011
LEAVE IT
LET'S CALL A SPADE A SPADE
FASHOLA IS SIMPLY FANTASTIC
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by otitokoro1: 1:18pm On May 25, 2011
I don't know what manner of education we have in Nigeria. Sorry no education in the last 12 years. All the same, all these people that complain about tax in Nigeria pay tax through their nostrils in developed world which they dare not evade. What kind of people are we, our parent toil for us so that we can raise our head in the society yet they want us to sustain them in old age. You want to enjoy world class amenities and you don't want a pay back to the state. All Nigerians could not do abroad are done in Nigeria ones they set their feet on this soil. Opopo moka mo roro, you think someone use his tongue. Let's be wise Nigerians.

There is nothing wrong in copying other countries, but we must apply what policy we copy in such a way that such will wear human face,  All this countries you talk about a strong social welfare system that no one can dispute, This are countries that the social securities measure up with the tax that you pay, not to pay tax to an individual purse,  You need to ask yourself why are we taxed so heavily with just little benefits attached to it? Fund raising to Government mostly  comes from tax but each tax must add value to life of people,
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by fadhill: 1:32pm On May 25, 2011
Holistically, the reason for this is the absence of true federalism and politicising everything about all things in Nigeria.My brother, this is the reasoning time. Name a single city in the world like Lagos that does not have a light rail metro system and like amenities across the world. Kindly name a city like Lagos the world over which its government does not cede a special economic and social interest. What special interest does the government give to Lagos aside the fact that they acknowledge Lagos hold over 52% of Nigeria commerce and industry. Mind you New York does not have such staggering percentage in US commerce and industry. London, no. Tokyo, never. Why the neglect, why do they let Lagos live on meager resources like other snoring states. Let be realistic and then face it brother. This is the plight of Lagos, an orphan state.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by otitokoro1: 1:54pm On May 25, 2011
Holistically, the reason for this is the absence of true federalism and politicising everything about all things in Nigeria.My brother, this is the reasoning time. Name a single city in the world like Lagos that does not have a light rail metro system and like amenities across the world. Kindly name a city like Lagos the world over which its government does not cede a special economic and social interest. What special interest does the government give to Lagos aside the fact that they acknowledge Lagos hold over 52% of Nigeria commerce and industry. Mind you New York does not have such staggering percentage in US commerce and industry. London, no. Tokyo, never. Why the neglect, why do they let Lagos live on meager resources like other snoring state. Let be realistic and then face it brother. This is the plight of Lagos, an orphan state.

Now you are on the track of picturing what a Good Governance should be. My Bros. our problem in this country cannot be addressed in isolation of the Federal Character and Dangerous Politicking in our National Power sit. I understand the predicament of Lagos State leaders, but still it has to be done in a strategic form,

The Government we have at the National Level (Not sure of the GEJ will be different) is not listening Government, What I feel Lagos should do is to start up a campaign showing why Lagos should be considered a peculiar state and why FG must concentrate on the affairs of the state above every other states,

Constitutional wise there is limitation to the autonomy giving to every state, So Lagos should try to relate so closely with the Federal and carrying the citizens along, When you look at why we are suffering in Lagos state, it is because of the fight between some individuals, They only bring their personal problems into the polity of the country. However, much propaganda and using the press to the maximum will help,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Mr. Jollof Fires Back At Critics And Fans Over Declaring Support For Tinubu / Obaseki's Plans To Dump PDP For Labour Party Thickens / Police cancel invitation to Saraki; demand written explanation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.