Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? (36367 Views)

Why Is Pastor Adeboye Visiting Governors With Mandates Challenged In Court? / What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala / Is Pastor TB Joshua A Member Of Illuminati?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by okababa(m): 9:45am On Jul 21, 2007
Is Pastor Kunuyi The Best Preacher Of Holiness We Have In Nigeria?
yes or no
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Nobody: 1:27am On Jul 22, 2007
what is holiness?
wearing maxi with long sleeves,no make up or jewelry and tying a velvet turban 24 hours of the day?

1 Like

Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by doyin13(m): 1:28pm On Jul 22, 2007
I guess he simply has a different marketing strategy to other pastors.

His style is more to peddle austerity. The religion of SAP.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Angybabe(f): 1:56pm On Jul 22, 2007
Why are you people making such comments about an exceptional man of God.
He is the same Pastor we know for years.
Take it or leave it, he is Nigeria's best.
He may not be flashy like other Pastors, he may be strict with his doctine but he is what we know him to be.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Seun(m): 2:01pm On Jul 22, 2007
I think 'Brother' Gbile Akanni is more convincing. He has no title and owns no denomination.

1 Like

Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by champredd(m): 4:22pm On Jul 22, 2007
Being a pastor doesn't mean you are holy, only God knows who is really holy.
Am just a non-denominational Christian, most denominations are disgusting - especially those who claim that they hold the key to God's kingdom (those who have lived before them and those who didn't join them, are they going to hell?)
God bless us all.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Aicue(m): 4:38pm On Jul 22, 2007
Holiness is not attainable. It is who you are. Only those who know not themselves try to become who already they are. Does a virgin become unholy after she gets married and has sex, I mean marital sex. Of course no! She.s no holier than a young innocent girl who was attacked  and forcefully raped outside her will. Holiness is  and cannot be or was it. It is now. Not gotten by acts or facts.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 22, 2007
Seun:

I think 'Brother' Gbile Akanni is more convincing. He has no title and owns no denomination.

Hmm Mr Admin,
For an "atheist" you do know good preachers. grin
Gbinle Akanni is a great man of God.
I love him.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Dios(f): 6:25am On Jul 23, 2007
Reverend Dr Siod is, :oI've you ever heard that man preach the word of life, he knows the bible from beginning to end, he is a Man of God to the tenth degree. Thinking about his sermons gives me goosebumps, gosh I can't wait till sunday.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by matcpt20(m): 1:24pm On Jul 23, 2007
Gbile Akanni is the MAN , I love Him so much, but that is not to outrule Kumuyi.They all hv their own styles of worshipping God.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by champredd(m): 1:28pm On Jul 23, 2007
As a non-denominational christian, I really like Reinhard Bonnke, he make a lasting impression on me.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by jeshua(m): 1:32pm On Jul 23, 2007
Seun:

are you sure about Bro gbile not having a church? check that information out properly
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by rikkyjen(m): 1:50pm On Jul 23, 2007
Have heard about this Gbile Akanni man, i hear say the man na firebrand!!!
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by pilgrim1(f): 8:56am On Jul 24, 2007
@Seun, thanks for mentioning Gbile Akanni - he's one of my fav teachers of the Word anyday.

@Aicue,
Aicue:

Holiness is not attainable. It is who you are. Only those who know not themselves try to become who already they are. . .  It is now. Not gotten by acts or facts.

Holiness is both a gift and a responsibility. No man in himself defines holiness; but God alone is holy --

Psa. 22:3 -- "But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel."

Rev. 15:4  --  "Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest."

The Holy God makes those who draw near to Him by faith to become holy:

Lev. 20:8  --  "And ye shall keep my statutes, and do them: I am the LORD which sanctify you."

1 Thes. 5:23 -- "And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Having been made holy, we are expected to walk in holiness all our days: which means He expects to see our ACTS both producing and displaying holiness:

Luke 1:74 & 75 -- "That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear, In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life."

1 Pet. 1:14-16 -- "As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy."

Cheers.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by chexyincx(m): 7:43pm On Jul 24, 2007
where do you place Pastor E.A. Adeboye of The Redeemed Christain Church of God
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 24, 2007
The best holiness teacher and preacher is the Holy Spirit himself.
All these pastors are just humans,here today,gone tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by yogun(f): 11:06am On Jul 25, 2007
for me nday, ntime, it'll always be Baba E.A.Adeboye. He's got d word of GOD and one of d least controversial men of God around Naija
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by pilgrim1(f): 11:44am On Jul 25, 2007
@yogun,

But others have the word of GOD as well in Naija. Besides, I don't know if some of the things we've had reason to check out could be described as 'least controversial'. wink
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by champredd(m): 12:07pm On Jul 25, 2007
yogun:

for me nday, ntime, it'll always be Baba E.A.Adeboye. He's got d word of GOD and one of d least controversial men of God around Naija
Yes, Pastor E A Adeboye is also one of my favourite, at least, he doesn't call the other churches or preachers fake and the word he preaches has a lot of positive impacts on lives, including mine.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by yogun(f): 1:00pm On Jul 25, 2007
@ pilgrim.1

did U read dis part in ma statement?

"for me nday, ntime"
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Veracious(f): 1:21pm On Jul 25, 2007
I am not surpriced reading all these comments.because we are actually in the last days.

let me start by asking,IS IT WRONG IF PEOPLE TALK ABOUT YOU BEING HOLY? actually that should have been the thought going through your minds not talking about who is more holier than who, who preaches the word most etc? infact we all are expected to be holy in the sight of God because the bible says without holiness no man shall see the lord.it did not say you have to be a pastor.

your mentors (pastors) are holy, yes, but are you? these should be your concern because i know none of u would want to be rejected on that day simply because you are not holy.

besides most of this pastors we see today as being very hot or firebranded, on that day would not breath in the air of heaven let alone seeing it with their eyes;but today most of us look up to them for examples instead of us emulating Christ Jesus whom the bible says we should follow his steps closely!

@post

for me anytime anyday i respect Pastor W.F Kumuyi. it takes an extra aboundant Grace of God to live the kind of life that man lives.

@doyin13

i totally disagree with you on your statment of his members(deeperlifers) being poor because of the way they dress or look.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Godsgirl(f): 11:59pm On Jul 25, 2007
Men and women of God who have been called to be teachers of the word are all gifted by the same God.  While everyone is gifted, it is a different case as to whether this gift has been annointed of the Lord to do what each person does. Having said that, I dare not compare them amongst themselves, neither will I criticize them, lest I myself face God's judgement. I cannot judge their abilities to do what God has called them to do. It is written that teachers of the Word will face a harsher judgement and will answer to what they teach to God's people. Therefore, I will not be concerned with them leading me astray. They too will face God one day. I have the Holy Spirit within me to help me discern what needs to be discerned when I learn from various teachers and preachers.

Agape!
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Veracious(f): 11:29am On Jul 26, 2007
@ Godsgirl

anytime,anyday, girl i will always support your opinions. wink kiss
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by narcissus(m): 3:18pm On Jul 26, 2007
@doyin13
I grew up in a deeperlife family and we are far from poor. You will be surprised at the number of very successful businnessmen and leaders in the corporate world who are depperlifers. What I understand from the years I spent there is that anything that would remotely be misconstrued by people as being unholy and could tarnish your "testimony"should be avoided. This is his belief and that of his church members and i think it should be respected as extreme as it might seem. Remember, there are also churches that people consider to be extreme in their expression of freedon and prosperity.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Godsgirl(f): 3:23pm On Jul 26, 2007
@ Veracious

Thanks babe! wink
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Dios(f): 3:41am On Jul 27, 2007
Why are y'all so dedicated to your pastors, them dudes put their pants on one leg at a time too. Y'all make kumuyi, adeboye, oyakiblabla all high and mighty, no wonder they live good and y'all still suffering and smiling. Like Fela said, suffer suffer for world, enjoy for heaven, juba pope,juba imam etc.
I want my treasures right here on earth and I'll cop more in the afterlife.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Veracious(f): 10:11am On Jul 27, 2007
narcissus:

@doyin13
I grew up in a deeperlife family and we are far from poor. You will be surprised at the number of very successful businnessmen and leaders in the corporate world who are depperlifers. What I understand from the years I spent there is that anything that would remotely be misconstrued by people as being unholy and could tarnish your "testimony"should be avoided. This is his belief and that of his church members and i think it should be respected as extreme as it might seem. Remember, there are also churches that people consider to be extreme in their expression of freedon and prosperity.

I just wish Doyin13 is reading these. i can't imagin people thinking that when you live a humble life, that means you are poor.

@ Dios

well for me am not dedicated to my pastor but to God Almighty.and be informed also that am not in the category of those who live suffering and smilling.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Dios(f): 5:32am On Jul 28, 2007
@Veracious.
Good for you cool tongue
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by jlsodai: 6:45am On Jul 28, 2007
to my opinion, Pastor (Dr.) Kumuyi is the best Holiness preacher we can see in the world today.

he knows the Bible inside out by the grace of God and applies Bible principles in all his doings.

why not listen to him for once.

he is a holiness preacher, not a motivational speaker.

i hope u will take him serious.

Stay Blessed
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by daprince: 10:01am On Jul 28, 2007
I call this bullshit! Most of u are glorifying the shadow rather than seeking the substance. It isn't the amount of preaching or teaching that ur pastors do that count, but the lives led by u all. Some people here are just so passionate about fellow men, giving me crap that Kumuyi, Adeboye, etc. are the best preachers, on what did most of u base ur categorization?

I got some questions for u claiming Kumuyi is the best, what's gonna happen to ladies who wear pants, make-up, jewelries, etc and yet still worship God fervently? And also, what happens to those of us who watch TV and yet LOVE the Lord?

I believe in the Holy Spirit and the oneness of God, most of these pastors that most of u consider the best in the biz teach austerity, not necessarily meekness. That Christ wore sandals doesn't mean I too should go about wearing sandals, just an analogy here plz. Let us lead our lives, enjoying the good things that God's brain enabled science to create and not try to make those who know how to enjoy and tap into God's brain feel guilty.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Dios(f): 3:31pm On Jul 28, 2007
I remember when i was a kid, i had this cousin whose family went to apostolic faith so there weren't allowed to watch tv. Anytime he came to our place he'll be glued to the front of the tv literally. grin ? Holy people are crazy self righteous assholes.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by LiquidMind(m): 3:34pm On Jul 28, 2007
Ok, smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Types Of People You Will Meet At The Experience 2017 In Lagos / Paul Enenche Reveals Those Behind Kaduna Killings, Tells UN What To Do (VIDEO) / RCCG: Mad Man Disrupts Church Service As Members Scamper For Safety

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.