Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,416 members, 7,808,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

Name Your Favourite Sci-fi And Fantasy Writers! - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Name Your Favourite Sci-fi And Fantasy Writers! (4454 Views)

E. Fantasy(short Stories) / All Things Fantasy & Sci-fi / What's Your Favourite Chinua Achebe's Quote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name Your Favourite Sci-fi And Fantasy Writers! by Akbar10: 7:17pm On May 29, 2011
aletheia:

^
I have them in Microsoft Reader format but that's not a problem as I have software that can convert it to any ebook format including pdf. But first I need to know if you will be reading them on a laptop/desktop PC or an ebook device so I can adjust the pages accordingly during the conversion process. I 'll include the Dragons of Winter &c as well. . .soon as I hear from you.
sorry i took time off b4 replying
i will be reading on a latop
tanx a million-u are a true believer!
Re: Name Your Favourite Sci-fi And Fantasy Writers! by aletheia(m): 12:34am On May 30, 2011
^
Check your email. Have included a link that allows you to download the books from Google Docs. Unfortunately, the page layout is not rendering correctly in pdf, so I uploaded the .lit (Microsoft Reader) versions. However the good news is that you can either download Microsoft Reader (it's free) or download the excellent ebook management software (Calibre - also free) which can read almost any ebook format.
The Dragonlance books are in RTF & Word formats.
Re: Name Your Favourite Sci-fi And Fantasy Writers! by Akbar10: 6:50pm On May 30, 2011
aletheia:

^
Check your email. Have included a link that allows you to download the books from Google Docs. Unfortunately, the page layout is not rendering correctly in pdf, so I uploaded the .lit (Microsoft Reader) versions. However the good news is that you can either download Microsoft Reader (it's free) or download the excellent ebook management software (Calibre - also free) which can read almost any ebook format.
The Dragonlance books are in RTF & Word formats.
tanx for taking the trouble. just checked now and the message hadnt come. will keep checking though
tanx again
Re: Name Your Favourite Sci-fi And Fantasy Writers! by aletheia(m): 8:59pm On May 30, 2011
^Check your spam folder too. Sometimes emails get diverted there. Did you post the correct email. I 'll resend it just in case.

Try this link
Re: Name Your Favourite Sci-fi And Fantasy Writers! by PhysicsMHD(m): 7:53am On Jun 01, 2011
Fantasy:

T.H. White - The Once and Future King

Guy Gavriel Kay - Tigana
Guy Gavriel Kay - The Lions of Al-Rassan

Science Fiction:

H.G. Wells - The Time Machine

Robert A. Heinlein - Stranger in a Strange Land
Robert A. Heinlein - The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress
Robert A. Heinlein - Time Enough For Love

Ray Bradbury - The Illustrated Man

Arthur C. Clarke - Childhood's End
Arthur C. Clarke - Rendezvous with Rama

Richard Powers - Generosity

Philip K. D[i]i[/i]ck - Ubik
Philip K. D[i]i[/i]ck - A Scanner Darkly
Philip K. D[i]i[/i]ck - Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep

Stanislaw Lem - Solaris

Neal Stephenson - Snow Crash

Vernor Vinge - A Deepness in the Sky

ThomasĀ  Sturgeon - More than Human

Adolfo Bioy Casares - The Invention of Morel
Re: Name Your Favourite Sci-fi And Fantasy Writers! by drollster(m): 11:08am On Jun 02, 2011
Posted by: aletheia

Insert Quote

^Check your spam folder too. Sometimes emails get diverted there. Did you post the correct email. I 'll resend it just in case.

Try this link

Please could you send them to me too? Please?
Re: Name Your Favourite Sci-fi And Fantasy Writers! by aletheia(m): 11:28am On Jun 02, 2011
^
You didn't include your email. In any case download them from this link. It should be available till Sunday.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

His Sex Slut chapter 1 / What Do You Think About The Book: The 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene / 5 Common Mistakes Made In Content Writing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.